Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #951
Autumn
Head Coach

Purdue, Chief didn't change the lynch because we lynched the person he was voting for. That's all.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #952
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

NM, reread the description, guess it is only able to be used to block a night action. I'm not sure what to make of Autumn pulling this move, although if he's the BG I wonder if this allowed him to make a double-block.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #953
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

For the record, there was nothing standing in the way of any action for the day phase today. I threw that in based on the early speculation that a duking would occur, I did not mean to mislead anyone with that.

Any actions that can be publicly known will be. The only minor hints to pick up on may be clues for finding hidden items, such as the rope.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #954
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So Autumn, did you pull off a BG block? Is that what you meant when you said you scared off the attack?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #955
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll make it clear: I assumed that Chief Rum would be unprotected tonight. As the only villager we know of for sure, I felt we needed to keep him alive. The rope would allow me to help him survive an attack. I hoped if I kept it quiet that I was going to use it, the wolves would still attack and we'd block them for a night.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #956
Danny
Head Coach

I'm confused though, did you ever come out as the BG?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #957
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

???

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #958
Autumn
Head Coach

When I said it would be a bad idea to lynch me, it was because it would prevent me from using the rope. I could have transferred it to Chief but that would have been a public action and pretty much tipped the wolves off.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #959
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I totally don;t buy that

Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #960
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Everyone here knew you were intimating that you were the BG

Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #961
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Then I misread what Autumn said before. BG, do not reveal yourself (obviously).

unvote Autumn
Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #962
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not sure what to think, but you seemed happy to let everyone think you were the BG to avoid a lynch and then after everyone says the BG should come out after the night phase you correct that.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #963
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to have to think about this.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #964
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is all predicated on Autumn NOT being the BG...

I'm calling BS on Autumn here.

Lets say Autumn is a wolf. Autumn makes this play and not only buys trust with the village, but keeps the real BG from outing him because now the real BG assumes Autumn was making a smart villager play.

The wolves know Autumn is going to pull this move so they steer clear of CR.

The thing that really hammers it home for me is Clap was killed last night, so logicaly the BG protected CR, the only trusted villager last night. So why would the wolves steer clear of him? IMO it's to establish this level of trust and go for a bigger target, the real BG.

thoughts
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #965
Autumn
Head Coach

I wasn't about to clarify that I was not the BG, but in fact had the rope. Then there would have been no point in even using it, as the wolves could easily piece together what my plan was. I was not vague to save my butt, I was vague so that the wolves would be unsure who to target.

I tried to make it vague so that the wolves would not be clear on what exactly it was i could do. Unfortunately nobody, publicly at least, seemed to consider the possibility of the rope or other possibly unknown abilities. It's not my fault that the only possibilty everyone considered was that I was the bodyguard. I had hoped not to be targeted in the lynch at all and not have to even bring up the rope.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #966
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'd like CR to confirm the rope's powers

Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #967
Autumn
Head Coach

I would suggest that those of you feeling extra suspicious consider what you would have done in my situation. Possessing a rope that could save the Duke, but only if the wolves did not know it was going to be used on him, and being targeted in the lynch.

I am quite sure I am a villager, and so it's very interesting to me to see who is eager to chase after me now. It's clear to me that the wolves figured out what I was doing, or at least figured it was better to target someone off the radar and not risk losing a kill. It's doubly a good move for them because now they can claim that makes me look bad.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #968
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I'd like CR to confirm the rope's powers

even if he does, it doesn't mean a wolf couldn't have used it to gain trust
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #969
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This is all predicated on Autumn NOT being the BG...

I'm calling BS on Autumn here.

Lets say Autumn is a wolf. Autumn makes this play and not only buys trust with the village, but keeps the real BG from outing him because now the real BG assumes Autumn was making a smart villager play.

The wolves know Autumn is going to pull this move so they steer clear of CR.

The thing that really hammers it home for me is Clap was killed last night, so logicaly the BG protected CR, the only trusted villager last night. So why would the wolves steer clear of him? IMO it's to establish this level of trust and go for a bigger target, the real BG.

thoughts

It could be innocent, but something really feels off on this play...It's an easy way to establish trust without giving anyone up.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #970
Autumn
Head Coach

Definitely we need a confirm from Chief, who doesn't look like he'll be in for a while. And feel free to bark up my tree, i knew that likely would happen but I thought I might keep Chief alive another night. At this point I'm not sure it will help much to have him, as we're losing villagers quickly and don't have a way to expand the circle of trust.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #971
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
It could be innocent, but something really feels off on this play...It's an easy way to establish trust without giving anyone up.

do you mean for the wolves to gain trust?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #972
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
do you mean for the wolves to gain trust?

Yes.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #973
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post

I'm not looking for trust. Obviously nothing short of a scan is going to give trust at this point. I just wanted to try to make a play at saving a villager. I thought we had a good chance of preventing a wolf kill tonight.

If I had wanted trust I would have just said I had the rope and offered to give it to Chief. That would have probably won me more favor than what I did, but it would have pretty much wasted the use of the rope.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #974
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

here is another thing I don't but.

If I am a wolf, I am assuming Autumn is the bodyguard based on his posts. Now I assume CR was protected last night since Clap wasn't.

So as a wolf why am I going for Jackal?

Why not either

CR who I can safely assume can't be protected again

or

Autumn who says he is the BG so I can at best kill him tonight or at worst get him out of the game for sure by tomorrow night?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #975
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I can also see Autumn being Drew hoping the wolves would come after him assuming he IS the BG
Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #976
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
dola- I can also see Autumn being Drew hoping the wolves would come after him assuming he IS the BG

This I don't think is the case. I believe Autumn is telling the truth with how the rope worked and thus an attack on him would not have resulted in him being converted.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #977
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This I don't think is the case. I believe Autumn is telling the truth with how the rope worked and thus an attack on him would not have resulted in him being converted.

fair point.

Either way, put yourself in a wolfs position.

Why Jackal?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #978
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
fair point.

Why Jackal?

Because he was completely unlikely to be guarded.

They were trying to avoid the bodyguard, and probably suspected the use of the rope. Therefore their best bet was to target a villager that was least likely to be protected. That's what I was presuming they would do if they didn't go after Chief and why I had hoped not to out myself at all.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #979
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Because he was completely unlikely to be guarded.

They were trying to avoid the bodyguard, and probably suspected the use of the rope. Therefore their best bet was to target a villager that was least likely to be protected. That's what I was presuming they would do if they didn't go after Chief and why I had hoped not to out myself at all.

not buying it.

As a wolf I am taking a shot at the bodyguard, even if it takes 2 nights. Especialy with no fear of being outed by the seer.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #980
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm heading off to bed. It was a disappointing day in the office. I look forward to some vote analysis tomorrow. Lathum's obviously going to be barking up my tree but I think we can turn up some other suspects.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #981
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
not buying it.

As a wolf I am taking a shot at the bodyguard, even if it takes 2 nights. Especialy with no fear of being outed by the seer.

And I don't think the the wolves assumed I was the bodyguard. They obviously read that something was up in what I was up to, and did not ignore the sudden appearance of the rope during the day. Just because nobody talked about it in thread doesn't mean nobody was paying attention.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #982
Autumn
Head Coach

triple dola

now I'm really off to bed.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #983
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm sorry, but it all seems a little to neatly wrapped up.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #984
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Heading off to get some sleep. Just got done watching a replay of the ring ceremony. Very nice indeed!!! I'll check in as early as possible tomorrow to see if there are any questions and to add to the story with the daily snippet.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #985
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This rope thing has me totally confused.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #986
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
fair point.

Why Jackal?

I'm with you, if I'm a wolf, and I sniff out the BG, I'm going after them, because it's unlikely that they're guarding themselves if there's a known public figure like Chief Rum out there to be protected.

It's possible the wolves didn't pick up the same hints that some people saw, but I find that somewhat unlikely.

I'll reserve final judgment on the incident, though, until we hear from Chief Rum himself, if he knew anything about how it all went down.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #987
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Looks like everyone's been waiting on me.

Okay, this was a weird night. Unfortunately, I don't really have much else to offer. As we headed for the meeting, I felt the rope wrap around me, and saw that Autumn was tied to the other end. I couldn't free myself until after the meeting. Pretty similar to EF's rundown.

As for the lynch, as Autumn and Lathum both surmised (to an extent), I had a conditional order that was only set to trigger in two specific instances: in case of a tie, or in case Autumn got the lynch. The reason for the first is obvious, I am sure, while the second was because I said I would give Autumn that chance. If the conditionals weren't met, I would let the lynch go down as voted. Since cartman got the vote, my conditional wasn't met and my power still has not been used.

My Lord, I must be the longest living, most public Duke ever by now.

Interesting results. Do I owe Autumn for my life? Quite possibly. Or was it a ploy to gain trust, while another wolf went after The Jackal? The logic Lathum has put is correct. clap was not protected last night by the BG. And he was the outed seer, the most powerful villager role in the game. He would clearly have been protected if he could. So that means the BG protected clap on N1. Since the BG could not protect clap, I was the only other logical choice last night, meaning I was unprotected tonight.

So I expected to die tonight, without being able to be protected. So why would the wolves not even attempt to strike at me? I'm by far the only person with trust right now, and I have a power, too. Why wouldn't I be attacked? Maybe if they felt certain they knew who the BG was, that might be it. But that's quite the gut feeling, especially since the BG, unable to protect me, probably protects himself. Are they rope clues really so obvious they would catch on to its use, who has it, and what he is likely to do?

No, Occam's Razor says the wolves knew I was going to be protected tonight. I'm going to have to think more on this.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #988
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm struggling with this rope thing as well and am not quite sure what to make of it at this point.

I am more confident about going after Jackyl. As mentioned he's incredibly unlikely to be guarded last night. This means every other possibility is a positive. If I'm the wolves I'm trying to find the BG, find Drew, and kill villagers, in that order. Jackyl could have been the BG or Drew so killing him is a low risk, potentially high reward situation.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #989
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In the clear of morning, Lathum's logic is irrefutable. I'm in.

Vote Autumn

Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #990
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone begins to wake up, Tuessday morning has arrived. You look around and find that everyone is still here, everyone that was still alive that is.

As you look around you see that The Jackal's body is gone. This office must have a REALLY good maid.

The only thng that remains of him are meomories; memories of him wondering the office hopeing to avoid Lumbergh so that he may keep his sanity; memories of him wearing that stupid mask hoops brought to the Holiday party.

Sadly those memories seem to be fading quickly as your main concern is getting out of this place alive.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #991
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems clear to me that the wolves decided not to take any chances given my vague announcement. A night without a kill would be bad, and there was a chance they'd make a lucky hit on Jackal if he happened to be the BG or Drew. I tried to do my best to make it vague what exactly it was I could do, but I suspected that the wolves might figure out that it was the rope. Obviously they would not say so publicly, and it seems they were the only ones to surmise this.

We're down to what, 12 people? We assume that three or four of them are wolves. The wolves are certainly going to push this line of reasoning as it will focus attention on me and waste another day. I expect we won't see many other lines of thought, which should give you all pause. With the rope out of the way they can get me lynched, go after another villager tonight and we'd be down to 10, with three or four villagers, possibly anohter one if they're lucky enough to hit Drew.

Based on how eager Lathum, and quick, to jump on this analysis, which I know to be wrong, I'm going to guess he's a wolf. It would be in their interests to quickly brand me as suspicious and set the line of talk for the next day. That's where I'm going unless I notice anything else going through the votes yesterday.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #992
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I was thinking that today might look like a Lathum-Autumn showdown based on the analysis that's been happening.

I'm assuming that with 12 people, there are 3 wolves and Drew (4 seems high given that we've hit one, although 2 might be possible but I prefer to look at it from a worst case scenario). So we're currently 9-3, which means that today or tomorrow we've got to have a good day to still have a shot at things.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #993
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Quote:
It seems clear to me that the wolves decided not to take any chances given my vague announcement. A night without a kill would be bad, and there was a chance they'd make a lucky hit on Jackal if he happened to be the BG or Drew.

The problem with that is EVERYONE thought you were hinting at being the bodyguard. Why would the wolves be the only ones to not make that assumption?

Quote:
Based on how eager Lathum, and quick, to jump on this analysis, which I know to be wrong, I'm going to guess he's a wolf. It would be in their interests to quickly brand me as suspicious and set the line of talk for the next day. That's where I'm going unless I notice anything else going through the votes yesterday.

VOTE AUTUMN

this clinches it for me. You reek of desperation with that post. It is such a typical wolf move to try and turn things on the person coming at you hardest.

If I am a wolf at this point I can care less about you. You are FAR from cleared and I now know you aren't the BG. I would for sure be looking to lynch someone else hoping I get lucky.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #994
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It seems clear to me that the wolves decided not to take any chances given my vague announcement. A night without a kill would be bad, and there was a chance they'd make a lucky hit on Jackal if he happened to be the BG or Drew. I tried to do my best to make it vague what exactly it was I could do, but I suspected that the wolves might figure out that it was the rope. Obviously they would not say so publicly, and it seems they were the only ones to surmise this.

this may have gotten lost in the quote tags above

The problem with that is EVERYONE thought you were hinting at being the bodyguard. Why would the wolves be the only ones to not make that assumption?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #995
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I was thinking that today might look like a Lathum-Autumn showdown based on the analysis that's been happening.

If you or anyone else think I am a wolf then by all means ask me anything you like.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #996
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum, you've posed the big question I've been thinking. There is no way that the wolves didn't misread that like everyone else UNLESS Autumn is a wolf.

As for questioning you, day 1 made me think you might be a wolf but since then you've actually echoed a lot of my thoughts. I did this once so let me put this back.

vote Autumn
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #997
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
this may have gotten lost in the quote tags above

Well, EVERYONE includes the three or four wolves around. So we're saying that out of the 12 people left, three or four of them may have guessed otherwise and not said anything. I was surprised nobody else wondered about the rope or some other ability that may not have been quoted in the rules, but clearly it wouldn't be in the wolves' interest to say anything if they did.

I thought it was fairly clear I was something other than the bodyguard, since there would have been no proof this morning that I was. I asked you all to give me until today, but if I'd been the bodyguard and protected myself, or someone else, and Chief died, you would still have no proof of my claim. Clearly the wolves thought this out.

Even if I had been the bodyguard, by not attacking Chief and pulling off a kill they would have cast my claim in doubt and left the circle of trust at one.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #998
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I just can't wrap my mind around why the wolves wouldn't have tried to off Chief Rum, given that Clap wasn't protected night two, which pretty much means Chief Rum WAS if the bodyguard is paying close attention. I, for one, didn't think the rope had the ability to be used to "protect" someone, and probably wouldn't have figured it out if I ended up with it.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #999
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I would like to suggest that there is a good reason why it would be a poor choice for the group to lynch me before tonight. If I give more specifics than that it will remove the value of what I can offer. I hate to bring it up, both because it seems like a lame wolf ploy, and because it's losing advantage for us, but I can't think of any way of avoiding it. All I can ask is that the group give me the benefit of the doubt for this one cycle and look at me again tomorrow.

As some evidence, please reread my original post and see if you think it's possible someone would read something other than "bodyguard" into this. "If I give more specifics than that it will remove the value of what I can offer." Doesn't that suggest that it's something other than the first thing everyone thinks of?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #1000
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I read that as: If I give more specifics, then I have to waste the ability on guarding myself rather than someone else. And, more importantly, I will eventually die for being the BG. But I may be the only one that read it that way.