Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman
dola

Happy Birthday bbor!

Damn you are old

thx Klayman.

1 more year and i will be able to play 35 and over hockey

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 01:02 AM   #953
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor

1 more year and i will be able to play 35 and over hockey

And that's when your true talent starts to show. Nothing like beating a 65 year old defenseman down the wing to make you feel like a hockey god
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:11 AM   #954
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Happy belated birthday bbor!!

So, how old were you when the Leafs last won the Cup?

Remember, at 34,you'd still be a prospect in the Wings' organization.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 09:55 AM   #955
Karim
College Starter

Happy belated birthday bbor!

Damn, I've seen the Flames win more Stanley Cups than you have the Leafs.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:06 AM   #956
bbor
Pro Starter

HB...I've never seen the Leafs win a cup

It could be worse......well...it could only be worse in one situation....and that is if i was a Blackhawks fan...at least we may be close to winning a cup in the next few years.Hawks fans have...uhh..nothing to look forward to.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:01 PM   #957
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
HB...I've never seen the Leafs win a cup

It could be worse......well...it could only be worse in one situation....and that is if i was a Blackhawks fan...at least we may be close to winning a cup in the next few years.Hawks fans have...uhh..nothing to look forward to.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:27 PM   #958
bbor
Pro Starter

Is EHM:FE ever going to come out?

This game has taken a longggg time to get to....uhh....where? DCo we know what stage the gameis in?Are they in Alpha,beta?

Anyone??

anyone??

Beuhler???
Beuhler??

Old 03-20-2004, 02:34 PM   #959
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

bbor,

Happy belated birthday.

EHM:FE is slated to come out in Q3, i.e. the summer. Last I heard, it's coming along just fine.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #960
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Wasn't it supposed to come out in 'winter of 2003-2004'? So like, Q4 or Q1? I've been waiting 2 years for this game, and it doesn't feel any closer now than it did when it was first announced.

Not that I'm complaining, cuz I'm all for it kicking ass when it comes out instead of sucking for 6 months until it is succesfully patched.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 03:00 PM   #961
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It was, but I think the publisher change affected it.

Also, Riz was learning the CM engine for the first time. That just can't be that easy, especially learning it and then adjusting it to hockey, which I would imagine, would take a lot of adjusting.

My best guess is that Riz didn't like how it looked like it was going to end up in Q1, so he pushed it back to the summer.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:20 PM   #962
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I can't talk about what stage EHM:FE is nin, but I'll let you guys know as soon as I can. Let's just say it's coming along nicely.

In other news, Teppo Numminen may be done for good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1764057

Quote:
Associated Press
DALLAS -- Dallas Stars defenseman Teppo Numminen has been diagnosed with a heart condition and is out indefinitely.

Numminen has a dilated aorta, one of the large blood vessels leaving the heart, general manager Doug Armstrong said Saturday.

Numminen, who has had a heart murmur since childhood and had been previously diagnosed with aortic valve disease, experienced an irregular heart pattern during Thursday night's home game against Vancouver.

He underwent testing Friday, which revealed the dilated aorta.

"The question is if he can play hockey with a dilated aorta," team internist Dr. John C. Brooks said.

Brooks said Numminen's condition is "stable" and he's in no immediate danger, although future surgery is possible.

While his teammates played the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, Numminen decided to rest at home with his family.

"When I talked to him last night, he was certainly shaken," Armstrong said. "But I talked to him this morning and his spirits were better. It had sunk in."

The 35-year-old Numminen will have more extensive tests over the next two weeks that could determine his hockey future.

"We don't know and it would be inappropriate to speculate on that," Armstrong said. "It's great news that he's in no immediate danger. The hockey will take a back seat."

Numminen, from Finland, has played in the second-most games of any European player in NHL history, with 1,157. He has scored 111 goals and 439 assists in his 16-year NHL career, which also includes stints with Winnipeg and Phoenix.

Numminen has appeared in 59 games for the Stars this season, scoring three goals and 13 assists. The Stars acquired Numminen from the Phoenix Coyotes last July in exchange for Mike Sillinger.

Recently acquired Chris Therien, who was scratched for Thursday's game against Vancouver, was one of Dallas' six defensemen on Saturday.

Lubomir Sekeras, signed by the Stars at the trading deadline, will begin practicing with the team during next week's four-game road trip. Sekeras had been playing in the Swedish Elite League after spending the three previous seasons in the NHL with the Minnesota Wild.

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:13 AM   #963
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Stupid Flames. Never win when I want them to !!!
Old 03-21-2004, 02:09 AM   #964
Karim
College Starter

You just knew something was going to happen with these two teams with what's gone on over the season.

Oliwa is suspended for sure, maybe Regehr for instigating the whole thing and maybe even a suspension for Sutter and/or fine to the organization if the league really wants to crack down on that sort of thing.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:04 PM   #965
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Oliwa got 3 games, Sutter got 2 and the Flames got $50,000. Looks like your playoff tickets will rise in price

Not wanting to be left out of the recent stupidity, Mark Messier collects a spearing match penalty this afternoon. I haven't seen it, but I read it was pretty harsh. Quite a way to finish your career if he doesn't come back next season.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:09 AM   #966
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Back to the eighties!

Anyone catch the Ducks-Wings game Sunday night? We're talking a major throwback here. If the Wings were in throwback unis, it would have looked even more realistic. Ducks couldn't, though--they didn't exist back then.

87 shots on goal. 14 total goals, only one open net. Final, 8-6 Ducks. And no overtime (of course).

Wings had two different three-goal streaks. The Ducks overcame one three-goal deficit by scoring five goals in ten minutes. Four lead changes (tyhat's a lot for a hockey game).

Federov puts in the difference-maker to kibosh his old team. J.S. Giguere allowed six goals--and still came off looking brilliant with 51 saves.

A large contingent of Wings fans booed Federov every time he touched the puck. This was in Anaheim, people. I have been to games where the Wings are in town, and as usual with all popular teams from back east, we were flooded by transplants who couldn't handle the weather back there. Freakin' bastards. I hate transplanted fans in SoCal (sorry, Wings fans ).

Fun game to watch, even if the Wings aren't in any danger of losing their position int he playoffs, and the Ducks have no chance at it.

CR

Old 03-22-2004, 12:13 AM   #967
Johnny93g
College Starter

I saw that game, unfortunatly, Gord Miller was doing play by play, if you get TSN, you know what I mean, he's awful, had to hear his voice crack 14 times....lol....great game to watch though...really fun...

Last edited by Johnny93g : 03-22-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:40 AM   #968
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oliwa got 3 games, Sutter got 2 and the Flames got $50,000. Looks like your playoff tickets will rise in price

Not wanting to be left out of the recent stupidity, Mark Messier collects a spearing match penalty this afternoon. I haven't seen it, but I read it was pretty harsh. Quite a way to finish your career if he doesn't come back next season.

Only good to come out of this is that in my crappy ESPN fantasy league (in which I have been in last or second to last place sine October), I decided I could not handle having the lowest PIM total. So I had Oliwa in the lineup. His 34 minutes moved me from last to third from last in one day. Thanks fellas...
Old 03-22-2004, 01:43 AM   #969
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Back to the eighties!

Anyone catch the Ducks-Wings game Sunday night? We're talking a major throwback here. If the Wings were in throwback unis, it would have looked even more realistic. Ducks couldn't, though--they didn't exist back then.

87 shots on goal. 14 total goals, only one open net. Final, 8-6 Ducks. And no overtime (of course).

Wings had two different three-goal streaks. The Ducks overcame one three-goal deficit by scoring five goals in ten minutes. Four lead changes (tyhat's a lot for a hockey game).

Federov puts in the difference-maker to kibosh his old team. J.S. Giguere allowed six goals--and still came off looking brilliant with 51 saves.

A large contingent of Wings fans booed Federov every time he touched the puck. This was in Anaheim, people. I have been to games where the Wings are in town, and as usual with all popular teams from back east, we were flooded by transplants who couldn't handle the weather back there. Freakin' bastards. I hate transplanted fans in SoCal (sorry, Wings fans ).

Fun game to watch, even if the Wings aren't in any danger of losing their position int he playoffs, and the Ducks have no chance at it.

CR

Pure insanity.

You'll find Wings fans everywhere. I can't tolerate the booing of Fedorov. In fact, I must say that I dislike the vast majority of Red Wings fans. The bulk are a bunch of Johnny-come-lately's who feel that just because they either grew up in Michigan or cheer for an original six team that they have some superior knowledge of hockey than nearly everyone else. As soon as they open their mouths, however, it becomes apparent just how false this assumption is...

This applies even in the Joe. I have never been more upset watching a game than sitting in Joue Louis and having to hear what the people around me are saying or shouting. SO... VERY... ANGRY...
Old 03-22-2004, 02:11 AM   #970
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Only good to come out of this is ...

Actually, some more good in that Oliwa will forfiet $18,292.68 in salary. If that isn't proof for the owners that today's players are overpaid, I don't know what is.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:13 PM   #971
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So for those who follow the NHL's disciplinary standards, here's what we now know based on the Belak and Messier rulings:

Accidentally hitting a guy in the head with a stick: eight games
Intentionally hitting a guy in the groin with a stick: two games

Add that to what we learned with Havlat:
Intentionally hitting a guy in the head with a stick: two games

Makes sense to me...
Old 03-22-2004, 06:21 PM   #972
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I only saw the Belak hit once, so I apologize profusely in advance if I'm wrong, but my eyes didn't see anything that looked even remotely like "accidentally".

Didn't see the Messier spear, but Havlat definitely deserved more than 2 games.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:31 PM   #973
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I only saw the Belak hit once, so I apologize profusely in advance if I'm wrong, but my eyes didn't see anything that looked even remotely like "accidentally".
Well, Belak wasn't facing him and doesn't even look at himthe whole time, so he's got a pretty good sixth sense if it was intentional. Plus he was off-balance. Which isn't uncommon for Belak, come to think of it... he can barely skate.

So I'd describe it as "accidental, but incredibly careless". If the league is going to start to say that the distinction between "incredibly careless" and "intentional" isn't going to matter anymore for stick fouls to the head, I'd actually be all for that.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:50 PM   #974
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
So for those who follow the NHL's disciplinary standards, here's what we now know based on the Belak and Messier rulings:

Accidentally hitting a guy in the head with a stick: eight games
Intentionally hitting a guy in the groin with a stick: two games

Add that to what we learned with Havlat:
Intentionally hitting a guy in the head with a stick: two games

Makes sense to me...

After years of being completely illogical, you didn't actually think things would start making sense this year did you?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:26 PM   #975
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Shane Corson scores a shorty against Calgary when Brett Clarke puts the puck into his own net...from the Dallas zone!

Whaaa, whaaaa, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #976
bbor
Pro Starter

I'm shocked that they only gave Messier 2 games.Belaks banishment was about right band his infraction was as bad as Messiers,which leads me to believe it DOES matter who does the crime....Belak a known good...or Messier the captain of all captains.

BTW i totally disagree with Suter getting 2 games for putting Oliwa on the ice.Since when has it become the policy of the NHL to make line changes for NHL teams?

Sach...Are you telling me Corson has'nt taken his net and gone home yet?

Old 03-22-2004, 11:08 PM   #977
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Sach...Are you telling me Corson has'nt taken his net and gone home yet?

lol
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:23 PM   #978
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

How did he score on his own net? Was it a delayed PP?
Old 03-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #979
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan

Corson was credited with his second goal of the game after Flames forward Chris Clark accidentally sent the puck into his own empty net after his errant pass missed all his teammates and sailed into the empty net.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:37 PM   #980
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan

Ack! I'm drunk. Just got home from the game, and the beer couldn't ease the pain. Clarky passed it back to the point on the PP when the flames pulled the goalkeeper. Shame, really cause Clark was the only Flame who deserved a goal tonight.

Some random thoughts from the game.

--The Stars dropped into a trap midway through the first. That kinda of shit should be outlawed. Or at least the fans should be named the 1st, 2nd and 3rd stars of the game for having to sit through that crap.

--Someone needs to hand the fire and ice girls a sandwich. They didn't even have to open the Zamboni doors, the girls just slid through the cracks in the glass to get on the ice.

--Fans that get up and leave midway through the 3rd peroid, aren't real fans.

--Turco is a bastard and I hate him. And I'm not even a Flame fan.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #981
thealmighty
Pro Starter

1) It should be outlawed, but isn't, so they play that way, boring as it is, and it works (see Stanley Cup win, which was done using the same methods).

2) Fan thing, could not agree more...that's bush.

3) TURCO IS GOD (as thealmighty, I should know).
Old 03-22-2004, 11:47 PM   #982
thealmighty
Pro Starter

dola...

...I was watching the game. The look on Flames faces as they SLOWLY skated back after the Clark 'pass' was funny (to a Stars fan), knowing it was headed in and there was nothing they could do about it.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #983
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Yea Oilers! Every Canadian team is currently in the playoffs at this moment!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:51 PM   #984
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty

3) TURCO IS GOD (as thealmighty, I should know).

Boo! And I used to like you
Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #985
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

LOL @ Corson. He's doing just what needs to be done...knocking the crap out the other team.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:34 AM   #986
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

DOLA,

Turco is definately NOT god. Until he learns to hug the post on a wraparound, he wil be just another mortal. He gives up some weak goals sometimes.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:37 AM   #987
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
DOLA,

Turco is definately NOT god. Until he learns to hug the post on a wraparound, he wil be just another mortal. He gives up some weak goals sometimes.

we'll take him.

signed,
almost every other NHL team.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #988
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Bah. Didn't say I would get rid of him; but he's not a god.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #989
bbor
Pro Starter

Turco plays better with a broken foot than healthy

Old 03-23-2004, 11:15 AM   #990
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

klayman, I think bbor said something about your mama in the instant coffee thread. It wasn't cool. Not cool at all...
Old 03-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #991
bbor
Pro Starter

AHAHAHAHAH

hb...2 minutes for instigating and a game misconduct

Old 03-23-2004, 03:21 PM   #992
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Bastard deserves it.

Quote:

Flames' Simon suspended for two games

TSN.ca Staff

3/23/2004

TORONTO - Calgary Flames forward Chris Simon has been suspended for two games, without pay, for a kneeing incident during Monday's game against the Dallas Stars.

Simon, who was suspended for two games in January, 2004, is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and forfeits salary based on the number of games in a season, rather than the number of days. He will forfeit $36,585.37. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred in the first period when Simon struck Stars defenceman Sergei Zubov. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Simon will miss Wednesday's game at Phoenix and March 25 at San Jose. He will be eligible to return March 27 against Los Angeles.

On Sunday, the NHL suspended Flames winger Krzystof Oliwa for three games and coach Darryl Sutter for two games for their actions in the final seconds of Saturday night's loss to the Nashville Predators. The Flames were also fined $50,000 Canadian.

Sutter's suspension was for player selection and team conduct. Sutter will be eligible to return Mar. 25 against the San Jose Sharks. Oliwa will be eligible to return Mar. 27 versus the Los Angeles Kings. Based on the average annual salary of his contract and under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Oliwa will forfeit $18,292.68 in salary.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 03-23-2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #993
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Two games? Damn, he should have just speared him in the crotch.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:46 PM   #994
Karim
College Starter

People in Calgary are calling for Turco to be suspended for what he did to Clarke. I didn't see the game so I can't comment.

I'm all for cleaning up the game but Dryden should come off of his high horse and reexamine his own team instead of chastizing the game itself.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:51 PM   #995
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
I'm all for cleaning up the game but Dryden should come off of his high horse and reexamine his own team instead of chastizing the game itself.
Canuck gets in trouble -- Brian Burke goes on TV and tells everyone to back off and leave his guy alone, that he's going to stick by him no matter what

Leaf gets in trouble -- Ken Dryden goes on TV and bleats on and on about how hockey sucks and the NHL should suspend everyone

I don't know about you, but I know who I'd want to play for after this episode.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:15 PM   #996
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Turco cross checked him in the face as he slid across the ice. It was totally unnecessary, and I would support a suspension for that. He's lucky Clarke didn't get hurt. I think I know why he did it, but still, the guy was defenseless.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #997
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
klayman, I think bbor said something about your mama in the instant coffee thread. It wasn't cool. Not cool at all...

Bastards
Old 03-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #998
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, couldn't believe there was no penalty on the Simon hit. I guess it was kinda of behind the play though.

As for Turco, he's a bastard. But I didn't think the cross check was that horrible enough to warrant suspension. Of course, by that time in the game I was already tanked.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #999
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, couldn't believe there was no penalty on the Simon hit. I guess it was kinda of behind the play though.

so, do we need THREE refs now?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #1000
Karim
College Starter

I really think it is time for off-ice offials having the power to call a penalty. At least it should be up for discussion. The game is so fast and calls are missed all the time because it simply wasn't seen or was misinterpreted by coming to the action late.

But truth be told, I just wish they would call all the mugging of the puck carrier. In the Flames/Nashville game, Iginla was carrying a guy the entire game. Yes, it was an effective strategy considering interference, hooking, holding was never called. Iginla is mild mannered but his frustration shone through afterwards.

If Gretsky or Orr entered the league today, they wouldn't become the icons they are now.