Old 03-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #951
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I have no case against you now...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #952
RendeR
Coordinator

The ship of the fleet gathered in the Kobol system. The Cylon fleet hadn't been seen in days. Though the tension among the huddling masses of humanity is palpable.

Admiral Adama stairs out a viewport on board the Galactica, the beautiful greens and blues of Kobol in the far distance. Then, in one slight moment a bright light shines on the planet. a fiery red and white light spreading out for hundreds of miles around the ruined city that humanity abandoned so many thousands of years ago.

"There, its done" Adama picks up a comm unit, "Mr. Gaeta, prepare the fleet to jump." After he hangs up the comm again he glances back at the spreading firestorm. "God help me I hope that worked."

Kobol has been wiped out by a Nuclear Warhead. The Temple of Athena within that dead city has been destroyed as well.

When the fleet jumps there is a lot of concern as two people are found to be missing.

Mauboy1, Leobin the CYLON thug, is dead
Narcizo, Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama a CONVERTED CYLON, is also Dead.

And then there were 3.

Day 6 Continues.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #953
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
what was his scan?

Without directly quoting my PM (which if I understand etiquette correctly, we shouldn't post exact PMs), the scan I received said:

JEHeinz scans as human but his loyalties are with the cylons. Because of this, my conditional order went into effect.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #954
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

AWESOME job nfg but how in the hell aren't we at endgame?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #955
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

how many do we have left? And can I be in the COT now?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #956
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

so the Jackal or PB...hmm..
Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 AM   #957
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote nfg

You sure as hell are in my COT. I have only one option here I guess:

vote Jackal

I'm honestly stretching to make any kind of argument, I guess the only two things I can come up with is that he is a "former terrorist" which means he could be bad and he gave me the armor just before the attack, a good cover maybe? I honestly don't know.

NFG, if you're a wolf and that was a play you made, that was amazing and ballsy but I can't see it. So I'll stick with Jackal as my vote now. Good luck to us or me or whoever is left.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #958
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm now concerned that mauboy1 scanned as human to me and yet shows as Cylon here and not even a converted one. I've sent RendeR a PM regarding my scanning abilities but I'll be curious if he will answer the question. This is my fault for having scanned him as human I guess so I understand if I'm punished for it. I'm officially out now and hopefully can catch some z's, 4:30 is coming early and soon!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #959
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I don't know how to prove to you that I'm not a cylon except for all of my actions within the game.. And I wasn't converted, so..

Vote Purdue Brad
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #960
The Jackal
Coordinator

The both of you are such non-cylon roles, it's hard as hell for me to make a decision. It's going to fall to me to decide which one of you is the cylon. Hm.

The reason I voted PB is because of what nfg just did.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #961
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well now that I read it again.. what exactly did nfg do that clears him?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:35 AM   #962
The Jackal
Coordinator

Aha, my bad, I read Render's post but missed the ones leading up to it on the previous page.

I have to stick with voting PB here.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 AM   #963
The Jackal
Coordinator

I realize I'm talking to myself here, but I'm basically deciding between two people that have each killed two cylon/cylon helpers? PB having revealed path and then killed Heinz, and then nfg having just blown those two up. Yeesh. One of you is a cylon that took out some teammates.

If NFG is the cylon, that was a really ballsy move.. but you knew that there'd only be three people left, and all you'd need is the vote to be on me or PB and then you could get a night kill and win.

If PB is the cylon, taking out path was a good way to gain trust. You are clearly some sort of seer, because we know path was bad and I can confirm what you said about me is true. Maybe he killed Heinz without knowing Heinz was on the cylon's side? It's possible.

I'm going to have to think about this one. Whichever one of you isnt the cylon, some sort of helpful analysis would be nice.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 AM   #964
The Jackal
Coordinator

This is crazy though. Out of 14 people, 4 cylons, a convert, a human informant, and one more bad guy of some sort. Jeeeeez.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 AM   #965
The Jackal
Coordinator

Actually for now, I'm not going to have my vote on either of you. We need to talk this out.

Unvote Purdue Brad
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 AM   #966
The Jackal
Coordinator

First of all, to PB - there isn't a COT anymore at this point. There's no legitimate proof that I'm not a cylon aside from your scan of me, and the fact that 4 cylons + informant + 2 converts would be kind of nuts, though one of you has to be a cylon, and it's hard for me to believe the seer or admiral would've started as a cylon.

As for you, you have proven yourself to be a seer, and you revealed path/killed heinz, but look.. NFG just killed two cylons, and if he is the last one and one of us gets voted off, he can kill the other at night.. so there's hardly any point of a "COT" at this point.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 AM   #967
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Wait a minute! I've been converted and I'm a cylon? Why doesn't anybody tell me about these things.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:27 AM   #968
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
First of all, to PB - there isn't a COT anymore at this point. There's no legitimate proof that I'm not a cylon aside from your scan of me, and the fact that 4 cylons + informant + 2 converts would be kind of nuts, though one of you has to be a cylon, and it's hard for me to believe the seer or admiral would've started as a cylon.

As for you, you have proven yourself to be a seer, and you revealed path/killed heinz, but look.. NFG just killed two cylons, and if he is the last one and one of us gets voted off, he can kill the other at night.. so there's hardly any point of a "COT" at this point.

Yeah, this is a problem. If we had one more night it would be huge for me to pull off a scan but at the same time, a no lynch vote here would screw us because a cylon could pull off a night kill. That was my first thought of how to beat this situation but I don't think it works.

So basically this is the end for us, either victory or defeat. I don't have much left, you've seen all my scans, and my work speaks for itself, as does nfg's and Jackals.

Jackal, I'll be honest, loyalty tells me to unvote you when I get back today. You saved me earlier, you've believed me from the get-go and you've done nothing to show otherwise. The argument I laid out before was a stretch.

NFG's actions were just HUGE though. I'm flipping I guess.

unvote Jackal

vote nfg22

This is an awful spot and I hate to say this, but I would much rather it comes down to whoever else is with me casting the final vote than me because six days of work and now I could blow it.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 AM   #969
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wait, I was working for the Cylons?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #970
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm curious to see what NFG does. I'll be in and out today, hanging out with my grandmother, but if I'm not at my computer leading up to the deadline I'll make sure to be on my phone.

PB, not sure if you answered this, but what's your character's name?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #971
The Jackal
Coordinator

If either of you have a little extra time, findin who each of us voted for on every day would be very helpful. I started to do it so here:

Day 1
Jackal: No Lynch
PB: Pass
NFG: GRF

Day 2
Jackal: Lathum
PB: Narcizo
NFG: no vote

Day 3
Jackal: no vote
PB: St. Cronin
NFG: Path

If someone wants to finish this up, great. Otherwise Ill do it later.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #972
The Jackal
Coordinator

I lied, I'm back:

Day 4
Jackal: no vote
PB: Cronin
NFG: Cronin

Day 5
Jackal: Mau
PB: Sonic
NFG: Sonic

After looking at this.. it is.. inconclusive.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #973
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, this is a problem. If we had one more night it would be huge for me to pull off a scan but at the same time, a no lynch vote here would screw us because a cylon could pull off a night kill. That was my first thought of how to beat this situation but I don't think it works.

So basically this is the end for us, either victory or defeat. I don't have much left, you've seen all my scans, and my work speaks for itself, as does nfg's and Jackals.

Jackal, I'll be honest, loyalty tells me to unvote you when I get back today. You saved me earlier, you've believed me from the get-go and you've done nothing to show otherwise. The argument I laid out before was a stretch.

NFG's actions were just HUGE though. I'm flipping I guess.

unvote Jackal

vote nfg22

This is an awful spot and I hate to say this, but I would much rather it comes down to whoever else is with me casting the final vote than me because six days of work and now I could blow it.

Ok. Why are you flipping? All of us are human, thats for sure. The question is which one of us counts as a cyclon? Which is less risky, killing a human who can talk to the Cyclons or killing two actual Cyclons?

I think PB is a human who counts for the Cyclons. You lied about Mau. You didnt expect me to be able to kill two of them in a deft shot, it happened and now you are caught in a lie. You say that your seer gift didnt work, but it did. You know he was Cyclon, but in essence, he is on your team.

Vote Purdue Brad.

I must say, good game PB. You played well until now.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #974
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

oops.

VOTE PURDUE BRAD
Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #975
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

BTW Render you make some dang hard games.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #976
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

A little bit too much randomness for me, but yeah, fun to say the least.

I was a THUG? Who'da thunk it?

Good luck to the rest.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 PM   #977
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Jackal, I wont be on the rest of the night. Im curious to why you havent posted yet as I have seen you viewing. Just look at the facts.

My vouch.
1) I killed two cyclons out of five people left. This if I were a Cyclon helper or whatever I would have just narrowed my chances from 3/5 to 1/3. This is not good odds. Given that Narc and Mau both were under the gun more than the rest of us one could say they would be lynched anyways but I could have also used the nuke on you or PB and ended the game.

PB's vouch.
1) He is a seer. This may also be wrong as we have seen him either lie or get a wrong scan.
2) he killed heinz buy really that wasnt much risk as there were at least two other wolves left.

Lastly im confused on who all is left and what they are but I think PB screwed up and it is the best evidence I have.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #978
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thanks for letting me know you won't be around, NFG, I have been checking the thread but I have family obligations so I was curious to see what PB would say to you in response first.

I still don't think we know how night killing works, exactly. I don't know if someone can just get targeted every night, we've had instances where people have to be at certain locations.

If you think all three of us are humans, and therefore one of us is just a cylon supporter of sorts, we're assuming that that individual has a way to kill the last human left. There are so many questions, and very few answers.

More to come from me.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #979
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
My vouch.
1) I killed two cyclons out of five people left. This if I were a Cyclon helper or whatever I would have just narrowed my chances from 3/5 to 1/3. This is not good odds. Given that Narc and Mau both were under the gun more than the rest of us one could say they would be lynched anyways but I could have also used the nuke on you or PB and ended the game.

See, there's problems with this. You were told that there were cylons on Kobol, that's why you were able to use the nuke on them. You didnt know where PB or I were, so who says you could've used the nuke on us?

Using the nuke on those two basically bought you a free pass, or that would've been the intention if you are indeed on the side of the cylons. With three of us left, and you having just taken out two enemies, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that the vote could swing to either me or PB today, thereby leaving you with 1-1 odds with whoever remains.

I'm saying all of this because my gut is leaning me towards you, based on the entire game, however, in lieu of what just happened, and because of the odd timing of the body armor/path event, I need to seriously analyze PB's actions as well before I make any kind of judgement.

The fact of the matter is, I can in no way give you a free pass for your actions last night. I imagine that Mau and Narc might've been the next two to get lynched (possibly PB instead of one of them), but if that took three days then the cylons would likely have been able to take the rest of the humans out. But then again, I don't know how the killing works, and whether or not they are guaranteed of being able to kill a human every night.

I may need to think outside the box a bit here, since it seems likely that whichever of you is on the cylon side isn't actually a cylon. Could the admiral have been infiltrated for the start of the game? Possibly. With the amount of power the cylons are rumoured to have, I could see it happening. Could a seer role be on the side of the cylons? Would seem strange, I don't have much experience with a seer being a bad guy to start out with. And the likelihood of two possible conversions with 14 people? Rough.

I want to hear what PB's character name is.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #980
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm out for a couple hours, PB, get some commentary in here if you would.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #981
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
My role is Elosha, the Preistess of Kobol.

Hey Jackal, here is my name and title from a post back in the 600's. Look, in all honesty, I understand a vote either way and am completely uncertain myself of which way to go. Look, I've cast my final vote and won't change it (I have to decide to not be wishy-washy somewhere) and basically this like the end of Reservoir Dogs. I've done anything I can think to prove my trustworthiness and I can just hope that is enough. But seriously, if we're all human, I'm stuck with this conondrum: Vote for the guy I've vouced for all game or the guy that just pulled off a huge play.

I'm voting against the huge play guy because I've made five days relying on Jackal, one more day won't (or might) kill me. But seriously, he has done nothing to make me distrust him in this game so I have stay here. I hope we win.

So my vote will look like this:

vote nfg22
vote nightfall
Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #982
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB's vouch.
1) He is a seer. This may also be wrong as we have seen him either lie or get a wrong scan.
2) he killed heinz buy really that wasnt much risk as there were at least two other wolves left.

As for these, I honestly can't explain the first one. RendeR's answer to my PM was non-conclusive. I know this, the scan that was returned to me was human on mauboy and I reported it immediately (look at the time stamps even).

As for killing Heinz, it was low risk but for a very different reason than nfg wants to say. My conditional order was to kill him if he was a cylon and (surprisingly) the fact that he was a loyalist still met the requirements of my order. The reason there was no risk is that if he was a good human, I wouldn't have attacked. But again, I came out and took responsibility immediately and despite it being a success, I still wrestled with some regret over it simply because he may have counted as human for us.

I'm amazed we're still playing in all honesty so Jackal, I leave you in the position I desperately don't want to be in, making the game-saving choice (or if you are a cylon, making the game-winning choice I guess). Good luck whichever way you go.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #983
RendeR
Coordinator

Current Vote Count:

1 - nfg22 - Purduebrad
1 - Purduebrad - nfg22

I will accept a nightfall vote if it is unanimous.

The Jackal holds the deciding vote at this time.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 PM   #984
The Jackal
Coordinator

Okay then, I'm back. Final decision to follow shortly.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #985
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sorry if I'm wrong, but my gut has me going with this.

Vote NFG
Vote Nightfall
Old 03-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #986
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is fun to see a game stretched out to the max like this one. Probably not all that fun for the remaining participants, but good for people reading along like me.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #987
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
It is fun to see a game stretched out to the max like this one. Probably not all that fun for the remaining participants, but good for people reading along like me.

I'm going to be curious once the game is over to see what the eliminated onlookers would've done in my shoes.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #988
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I agree
[X]- BRRAAAAAINMS

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #989
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Yeah, I agree
[X]- BRRAAAAAINMS

Was that you as a cylon saying you crave brains? Robots don't turn into zombies!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #990
RendeR
Coordinator

The day passes slowly as the three main characters in this Human/ Cylon Drama hash things out. Obviously there is at least one Cylon left or Humanity would be free by now right?

The vote is cast. and Admiral Adama is taken into custody and brought to the lab for testing.

"I am NOT a Cylon you fools! I just obliterated TWO of them for gods' sake!!! Think about this, would I have bothered doing that if *I* were a cylon? We had the numbers, votes and night kills would have given us the win together WHY WOULD I KILL THEM??"

But alas it falls on deaf ears, the Admiral is laid to rest and his DNA tested.

"Don;t worry about the results, I know he's human" declares purdueBrad, "And now to finish off humanity for one and for all. Its time for the Children of man to take their rightful place in the galaxy"

And with that PB pulls out a gun and shoots The Jackal in the head.

The game is over, the Cylons have Won!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #991
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Good game RendeR!

PB, why man...why?

Of course I didn't know you were a cylon, but damn...
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #992
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bleh. Sorry humans, and NFG.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #993
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

WOOO, I set this all up with my exceltnt game play!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #994
RendeR
Coordinator

First page updated with a day by day rundown of major events. Feel free to post questions regarding the game. Thank you all for playing so well!

A number of you PM'ed me about not playing well and I have to disagree, the only persons decision that I questioned at all would be Jackal's at the very end. It was actually Hoops that pm'ed me about that same decision that made me reconsider it.

Great game folks, I love watching al the behind the scenes action =)
Old 03-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #995
st.cronin
General Manager

What was the conversion mechanism? And why did so many night kills fail?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #996
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well of course you're gonna question my action when I screwed it up.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #997
path12
Coordinator

Wow! I thought we were done after the interrogation death/cronin lynch. I knew we were going to try and convert Brad but that had been so spotty I had doubts it would work......

Go Cylons!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #998
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, Purdue was converted a few nights ago. I had the ability to convert someone every night until we had five cylons.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #999
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Dang, why didn't I vote for mauboy when I had the chance in my lynching.
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:26 PM   #1000
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
What was the conversion mechanism? And why did so many night kills fail?

It was very dependant on the course of game play and the situation /locations people found themselves in.

The first two nights failed due to timing issues. The next two succeeded, not much more I can add there =)

It was random only in the aspect that once the timing/placement was right I used a randomizer to get a final result. generally as long as timing/placement was good, there was only a slight chance of failure.

Night kills worked the same way really. The day kill with the gun failed purely on timing and I should have been more explicit about how the orders for that had to come in. As it stands the order to act from path12 came into my inbox a mere 20 minutes after the movement of the body armor. So the fact that the order had to come from path should have been made more clear. I'll learn from that one.