Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #951
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Jerry Jones was talking about how he wishes that instead of moving down in some of those drafts (QCar, anyone), he had instead moved up and taken an impact player. That's got everyone in a buzz about him moving up to get Calvin Johnson, or possibly Peterson. I'm not holding my breath, but anytime Jerry admits to a mistake, it's a great day in Big D.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #952
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hello Joey Harrington! Your Ron Mexico name, the ultimate disguise, is Adonis United Arab Emirates.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #953
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sp...rssnyt&emc=rss

Interesting prospect.

I also wonder if a guy can still be called a sleeper after the New York Times writes an article about him.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #954
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I also wonder if a guy can still be called a sleeper after the New York Times writes an article about him.

Hmm, I'd say yes. It's not exactly the first place anybody looks for sports news.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #955
RedKingGold
College Starter

The "Human Joystick" has been traded to the Ram's for a fifth rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2848789
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #956
Atocep
Coordinator

Looks like Peterson needs another shoulder surgery and may fall a little on draft day because of it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html

Last edited by Atocep : 04-25-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #957
miami_fan
Coordinator

Hmmm...so even with this injury he won't get past Houston in any scenario?

I am going to give Houston credit for spreading this bit of news to the media.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #958
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Looks like Peterson needs another shoulder surgery and may fall a little on draft day because of it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html

After yesterday's announcement to the teams, methinks Goodall is going through the roof right now over this release...
Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #959
DeToxRox
Head Coach

• While everyone has focused on No. 4 Tampa Bay as the most likely trading partner for No. 2 Detroit in the Calvin Johnson Sweepstakes, it's the No. 8 Falcons who might truly be in the driver's seat. Sources say Falcons owner Arthur Blank has pretty much ordered Atlanta general manager Rich McKay to do everything he can to put the team into position to land Johnson at No. 2.

Blank wants Johnson for a couple of reasons. First, Johnson played at Georgia Tech and would help sell tickets to disillusioned Falcons fans who have endured two non-playoff seasons after Atlanta went to the NFC title game in 2004. Second, the Falcons still have their long-standing need of a reliable big-play receiver for quarterback to play pitch and catch with.

With seven picks in the first four rounds (including two second-rounders and three in the fourth), Atlanta definitely has the ammo to make the deal with Detroit. The Falcons could send the Lions their picks at 8, 39 and 44 for the No. 2 spot, and still have a third-rounder and three fourth-rounders to fill other needs.

The Lions are known to covet middle linebacker Patrick Willis of Mississippi and would be perfectly situated at No. 8 to select him. Picking up at least two extra second-rounders in the process would meet Matt Millen's goal of turning the No. 2 slot into a first-day package of picks. Detroit is likely to draft a quarterback with its own second-round pick at No. 34. Stanford's Trent Edwards remains slightly favored over Michigan State's Drew Stanton.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #960
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hmm ... from Reggie Ball to Mike Vick.

Poor Calvin.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:09 AM   #961
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Eagles unveil an abomination.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 AM   #962
JeeberD
General Manager

WTF is that?!?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 AM   #963
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Eagles unveil an abomination.

You've got to be kidding me.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #964
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think (hope) the link to those pics has the same genesis as the link I found to the FNM reuniting rumor.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #965
Ksyrup

Eagles' not-so-stylish anniversary plans set

Posted Thursday, April 26, 2007

OPINION
Kevin Noonan

The Eagles will wear throwback uniforms for one game next season to celebrate their 75th year in the NFL. Courtesy of philadelphiaeagles.com

PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles never had a winning season in the 1930s, and after seeing the uniforms they had to wear, you can understand why.

It's safe to say that Red Grange and Bronko Nagurski weren't intimidated when they saw the Eagles trot onto the field in their canary yellow and powder blue outfits.

Those uniforms will return for one game this season, part of the Eagles' celebration of their 75th anniversary in the NFL. So, don't adjust your dial when the Eagles take the field against the Detroit Lions on Sept. 23.

On Wednesday, the Eagles announced plans for their anniversary season, which included the first look at the new-old uniforms. The helmets sort of resemble the ones worn by the University of Delaware, and it's up to you to decide whether that's a good thing or not. But there's no avoiding those clashing colors, even if they are the official colors of Philadelphia, which adopted them because they're the colors of the Swedish flag.

Maybe it works if your quarterback's name is Christina, but otherwise it's not a great color scheme for a football team. It certainly didn't help the Eagles much -- they wore those uniforms from 1933-1940, when they had a record of 19-65-3.

And you thought the Marion Campbell years were bad.

But Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and the team's marketing people don't really care about yellow and/or blue. The only color that matters here, as always, is green -- the throwback jerseys (and caps, etc.) will generate millions of dollars in merchandising revenue.

In fact, Lurie's speech was still echoing around the NovaCare Complex auditorium on Wednesday when those jerseys were available for sale on the team's Web site -- at a mere $274.99 each. That's probably a little more than what they paid for them in 1933, when Bert Bell bought the entire Eagles franchise for $2,500.

So, even though Lurie talked about history and geography while discussing the new-old uniforms, this was really a lesson in marketing and economics.

Lurie opened his remarks on Wednesday by pretending to be the NFL commissioner announcing the No. 1 overall pick of the 1936 draft -- the first draft in NFL history -- when the Eagles selected halfback Jay Berwanger from the University of Chicago.

Good act, bad joke. Berwanger never signed with the Eagles, and that makes him even more of a wasted draft pick than Brodrick Bunkley.

Then they showed a brief film of the Eagles' 75-year history, with the predictable highlights of Herm Edwards scooping up the fumble in "Miracle at the Meadowlands" and Wilbert Montgomery busting through the Cowboys' defense to send the Eagles to their first Super Bowl and, of course, plenty of shots of current Eagles like Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb and Brian Dawkins.

The film also showed some significant numbers in Eagles history. Did you know that they've won just three NFL championships in 75 years, but played in 11 different home stadiums?

Then came the big moment when, accompanied by an exploding shower of confetti (which must have thrilled the maintenance crew at the Nova-Care Complex), the uniforms were unveiled, with defensive end Jevon Kearse and kicker David Akers serving as models.

Throwback? Try throw up.

The Eagles also introduced a new feature to their Web site (philadelphiaeagles.com), a virtual museum where you can click your way through Eagles history, and also cast your ballot for the 75th anniversary all-time Eagles team.

Jay Berwanger would appreciate your support.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-26-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #966
kurtism
High School Varsity

Wow. If they had called cuervo for design services, the special uniforms wouldn't have looked like dookie. Glad I'm not a Philly fan.
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #967
Ksyrup

At least it's only for one game. And I find it hard to believe that people are going to shell out $275 for that thing. Unless this is an attempt to market uniform sales to soccer mom wives of Eagles fans.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #968
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Who knew that the Reebok logo looked the same in 1933 as it does today.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 AM   #969
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Who knew that the Reebok logo looked the same in 1933 as it does today.

The goal was total authenticity.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #970
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

So will they be wearing the leather helmets too?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #971
rkmsuf
Head Coach

What a celebration. "Hey we used to look like assholes. Let's remind everyone."
Old 04-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #972
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by article View Post
Maybe it works if your quarterback's name is Christina, but otherwise it's not a great color scheme for a football team.

Hmmm... I wonder what that says about our IHOF Chitterling unifiorms?

Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #973
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtism View Post
Wow. If they had called cuervo for design services, the special uniforms wouldn't have looked like dookie. Glad I'm not a Philly fan.

Yeah well...I can't say I might not have arrived at those colors though.

http://www.thefobl.com/teams/lasvegas.php
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #974
MikeVic
Head Coach

Why is a kicker modeling the uniform?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #975
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Those uniforms will return for one game this season... when the Eagles take the field against the Detroit Lions on Sept. 23.

So the Eagles uni's won't be the only ugly abomination on the field...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #976
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Perhaps I missed an earlier post, but it's looking more and more likely that Larry Johnson will be traded before the draft. Current teams with offers on the table are the Packers and the Browns.

He's been a problem in the locker room and his value trade-wise isn't going to get any better than it is right now. Seems like a good move for the Chiefs considering they likely have a rebuilding year in front of them.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #977
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Scout.com is reporting that the Packers are offering their 1st round pick and a second day pick (4th or 5th) for Larry Johnson.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #978
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Scout.com is reporting that the Packers are offering their 1st round pick and a second day pick (4th or 5th) for Larry Johnson.

Oh good lord I hope the Packers don't do that deal. Johnson is a nice back, but he's got some mileage on him.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #979
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Oh good lord I hope the Packers don't do that deal. Johnson is a nice back, but he's got some mileage on him.

The stats for a back the rest of his career after a 400 carry year are not very good. Also, I was somewhat surprised that Johnson is already 28. RB's over 30 tend to have a large production drop off as well.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #980
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
The stats for a back the rest of his career after a 400 carry year are not very good. Also, I was somewhat surprised that Johnson is already 28. RB's over 30 tend to have a large production drop off as well.

What was that line from Bill Simmons a few months back? Something about the next cover of Madden should be Larry Johnson being gang tackled by 10 guys while Herm Edwards stands back and watches with a passive expression.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #981
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And he will cost alot of $$$ long term.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #982
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That's an insane bounty for a guy with a ton of mileage on him, and who will want a huge contract.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #983
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
That's an insane bounty for a guy with a ton of mileage on him, and who will want a huge contract.

A lot of the KC fans after hearing what the Packers offered said, "Where do we sign????".
Old 04-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #984
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A lot of the KC fans after hearing what the Packers offered said, "Where do we sign????".

Exactly....I mean, shit, I love LJ, but my perception of his value is something like a 2nd round pick and maybe a future 3rd. Obviously he's way better than McGahee, but once you factor in that salary, it becomes a lot less appealing.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #985
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Here's the official word.....1st and 4th round picks (Packers) for Larry Johnson is the offer on the table......

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 1:17 p.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

PACKERS MAKING A PLAY FOR L.J.?

Scout.com is reporting that the Packers have offered a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick to the Chiefs for running back Larry Johnson.

If true, the report is a stunner. Packers G.M. Ted Thompson doesn't like to pay big money to strangers to the team, and it's going to take really big money to keep Johnson beyond 2007, the last year of his rookie deal.

And if an offer that big has been made to the Chiefs for Johnson's rights, the Packers surely have reached a tentative agreement with Johnson's agent on a long-term deal. Otherwise, the Packers would be picking up Johnson for only one season before having to either use the franchise tag or let him walk away.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #986
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

Considering the Packers were looking at Marshawn Lynch, would you trade him for Marshawn + a second day draft pick? He may be 28, but he also didn't take a lot of hits when he was the backup for Priest.

I'm not sure what the differences in salary are for the 14th pick (or whatever) vs what LJ is making, but other than salary cap considerations I'm not sure I'd do the deal unless he really is a locker room cancer.

EDIT - I didn't realize it was a 4th round pick. I was thinking like 6th round at best.

Last edited by moriarty : 04-26-2007 at 12:48 PM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #987
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
I'm not sure what the differences in salary are for the 14th pick (or whatever) vs what LJ is making, but other than salary cap considerations I'm not sure I'd do the deal unless he really is a locker room cancer.

LJ's salary cap number after this year is going to be monsterous. It doesn't make any sense for KC to pay a player going on 30 big bucks when we're trying to rebuild the team with a youth movement.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #988
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Buffalo Bills have just trumped the Packers' offer for Larry Johnson. The Bills are reportedly offering their 1st and 3rd round picks this year and a conditional 2nd/3rd round pick next year. This just keeps getting better for the Chiefs. Should be interesting to see where this goes over the next couple of days in addition to Trent Green likely being traded.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #989
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Buffalo Bills have just trumped the Packers' offer for Larry Johnson. The Bills are reportedly offering their 1st and 3rd round picks this year and a conditional 2nd/3rd round pick next year. This just keeps getting better for the Chiefs. Should be interesting to see where this goes over the next couple of days in addition to Trent Green likely being traded.

Where did you see that?

A 1/3/3 is too much... If the Bills get him, then that pretty much frees up Lynch. So, take Lynch and keep 2 3's and save $40 million...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #990
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Where did you see that?

They put it up on a message board. It's the same poster that initially gave the 1st and 4th round for the Packers before the link was posted, so I'm guessing he's getting it off a premium site. If they post a link, I'll put it up.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #991
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
They put it up on a message board.

A.K.A. teh internets.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #992
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I've been following this whole dog fighting ring at Michael Vick's semi-occupied palatial estate story on profootballtalk.com. It seems like there's quite a bit of evidence that Vick's place was used as part of a dog fighting ring. 70 pit bulls, some with injuries and scars, many that are malnourished...

If it does turn out that Vick's been using his home for that, or even if he just knew/allowed his house to be used for that... fuck him. He's dead to me.

There are few things that get my blood boiling hotter than the whole dog fighting thing. I just find it repulsive.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #993
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I've been following this whole dog fighting ring at Michael Vick's semi-occupied palatial estate story on profootballtalk.com. It seems like there's quite a bit of evidence that Vick's place was used as part of a dog fighting ring. 70 pit bulls, some with injuries and scars, many that are malnourished...

If it does turn out that Vick's been using his home for that, or even if he just knew/allowed his house to be used for that... fuck him. He's dead to me.

There are few things that get my blood boiling hotter than the whole dog fighting thing. I just find it repulsive.

What about people fighting?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #994
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
LJ's salary cap number after this year is going to be monsterous. It doesn't make any sense for KC to pay a player going on 30 big bucks when we're trying to rebuild the team with a youth movement.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your statement in general -- that underscored section seems a biut unfair to me. I know that "going on 30" is nebulous, but it sure leaves a suggestion that he's 29 years old, about to turn 30 sometime soon.

Larry Johnson is 27. Sure, he's "going on 30" in a sense, but so is Marshawn Lynch in that same sense, that he'll get there given some degree of time.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #995
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
I think it would be a solid deal for GB or Buffalo. Their first and 4th (the rumored deal) would equal the 14th pick in the draft by value. Even if you add in the third (Buffalo), you are still looking at around #12. I think it's a fair statement to say LJ will be heads and shoulders better than most you could draft at #12-14 for the next 3-4 years. Heck, people are talking about taking Peterson at #3-7 and he would be extremely lucky to equal LJ's production for the next 3 years.

LJ is 27 and has had 892 carries in 4 seasons (average of 223 per season, two over 300). Compare that with Marshall Faulk when he left for St. Louis. He was 26 and had 1389 carries in 5 seasons (average of 277 per season, including two at over 300). Faulk went on to put up over 4000 yards in the next four seasons. Given LJ's durability and the fact that he's really only been a fulltime starter for two seasons, I don't see why he couldn't duplicate that going forward.

Heck, look at LT. He was 25 and had 1363 carries in his 4 seasons as a starter (346 carries per season, all 4 over 300) and got his $60 million extension. Since that time he's had 3277 yards in 2 seasons.

Whoever gets LJ would get a good 3-4 seasons out of LJ as he's had significantly less wear than most NFL RBs at age 27. He had 140 carries in his first two seasons in the league. From a wear and tear standpoint, he's no different than LT or Portis when they got their big deals.

Getting the second best back in the NFL for what amounts to the 14th overall pick in a fairly weak draft is a steal, IMO. Even if you have to pay him $60 million ($20 guaranteed), he will earn the guaranteed money in the next 3-4 years and the team could just cut/trade him after that. This is a guy that's just had 892 carries in the NFL - people are acting like he's had 2000. LJ's wear is akin to Edge, LT, or Faulk in their third season. Go back and look at how each did from their 3rd through 7th season and tell me if that production is worth the 12th or 14th pick in this draft.

Last edited by Arles : 04-26-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #996
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
While I don't necessarily disagree with your statement in general -- that underscored section seems a biut unfair to me. I know that "going on 30" is nebulous, but it sure leaves a suggestion that he's 29 years old, about to turn 30 sometime soon.

I had visions of Coming to America.

Larry Johnson is 137 years old.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #997
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
LJ is 27 and has had 892 carries in 4 seasons (average of 223 per season, two over 300). Compare that with Marshall Faulk when he left for St. Louis. He was 26 and had 1389 carries in 5 seasons (average of 277 per season, including two at over 300). Faulk went on to put up over 4000 yards in the next four seasons. Given LJ's durability and the fact that he's really only been a fulltime starter for two seasons, I don't see why he couldn't duplicate that going forward.

The problem with this argument is that it doesn't take into account (or worse, appears to credit him for) his huge workload for the past 2 seasons. I think his average per season works against him when you throw out the first 1.5 - 1.75 years of his career.

Put it this way...you could have 2 RBs each average 250 carries a year for 4 years, but if 1 of them had no less than 200 and no more than 300 in any one season, and 1 of them had 2 years averaging 150 carries a year and then the last 2 years average 350, who would you rather have, all things (age, productivity, injury status, contract) equal?

I'm not saying this isn't necessarily a good idea for GB, but I don't see the Faulk comparison as being accurate at all.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-26-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #998
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What about people fighting?

You are now kicked out of Fight Club for breaking the first rule.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 04-26-2007 at 09:34 PM.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #999
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Larry Johnson is 137 years old.

If Larry Johnson is that old, how old exactly is Greg Oden?

(Or Dikembe Mutumbo for that matter)
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #1000
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

There are two oddities about the Chiefs/Packers rumor that make me skeptical.

Oddity #1: this kind of deal would be quite out of character for Ted Thompson. He values draft picks tremendously, and usually only trades them so that he can get more picks. He is also usually reluctant to spend big money on players not currently on the Packers' roster - witness his modest endeavors in free agency - and he'd have to hand LJ a huge contract to make this deal happen.

Oddity #2: last year the Packers moved to a zone-blocking scheme, and one of the supposed benefits of a zone-blocking scheme (once your team has it down, at least) is that you can plug just about any running back into the system and they'll perform well. Why then expend resources on a superstar RB when you've designed your running attack to avoid relying on a superstar RB?

The Packers could certainly use a running back upgrade, but current circumstances make me highly skeptical of this happening.

Of course, if this trade goes down and the Packers also somehow manage to trade for/sign Randy Moss (Favre seems to be somehow very certain that this will happen), the Packers' offense will suddenly look downright respectable.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote