Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2022, 09:28 AM   #951
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I guess you've got the 2 Russells - Wilson and Westbrook. Both took a dive in performance and reputation at what seemed like lightning speed.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 10:17 AM   #952
Ksyrup

My daughter texted that Brady is divorced. I asked, his wife or TB?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #953
Thomkal
Head Coach

I missed seeing this until this morning, but in last night's BAL/Tampa game, Coastal Carolina's own TE Likely was the leading receiver with 70+ yards, and his first NFL touchdown! He only got in the game due to a Mark Andrews shoulder injury, which I hope is not bad, but so happy to see Likely find success on the national stage.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-28-2022 at 06:59 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 06:37 PM   #954
Ksyrup

And I believe he fell on the onsides kick to ensure the win.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #955
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
And I believe he fell on the onsides kick to ensure the win.

Yes he did!
Old 10-28-2022, 08:38 PM   #956
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Not sure what else he can do.

He could have not forced out the Super Bowl winning coach(allegedly) that had the job right up until the time Brady flew over Old Trafford to hang out with Ronaldo and the Glazers. The guy who everyone here in Tampa said should have been fired for having the audacity to tell Brady what he could and could not do.

This is not me saying that Todd Bowles should have gotten the job when Arians was thrown overboard. It is me making sure that Brady gets all the blame since he won in spite of the coaching staff before instead of with or because of the coaching staff.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:39 AM   #957
Ksyrup

Broncos need a little friendly fire on Wilson. I can't watch this. At least in college, crappy players leave pretty quickly and there is no financial residue left if they are forced to leave. With the Broncos, I feel like Im in Week One of a 5 year prison sentence, and no one's getting out early for good behavior.

3 plays in this game. That's all it took for me to leave the room.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-30-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:43 AM   #958
bronconick
College Starter

I hope you stayed out.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #959
Ksyrup

They should have throw a flag for intentional grounding on the end of half heave out of bounds from the pocket to no one. I needed a good laugh.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-30-2022 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:11 AM   #960
Ksyrup

OK Russ, drive us into 60 yard FG range!
Old 10-30-2022, 11:26 AM   #961
bhlloy
Coordinator

You have to be a little worried about Lawrence right? At least on the schedule that NFL QB are now supposed to be on. Two terrible throws for INT that will lose them the game, plus numerous other poor throws - he doesn’t look anything like the best QB prospect since Luck.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #962
Ksyrup

Damn. The worst part of this win is when the Broncos still trade Chubb this week. Which I guess I can't blame - they need to recoup some draft picks.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:17 PM   #963
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
You have to be a little worried about Lawrence right? At least on the schedule that NFL QB are now supposed to be on. Two terrible throws for INT that will lose them the game, plus numerous other poor throws - he doesn’t look anything like the best QB prospect since Luck.

4 YPA ain't good.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:21 PM   #964
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I made sure not to watch the Broncos this week, glad they got the win.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:21 PM   #965
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The AFC South is crazy. Currently, the only team with a positive point differential is the 2-6 Jaguars.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:22 PM   #966
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Despite the fact it helped my team, Yet Another Absurd roughing the passer call. Fields pick turns into free first and a touchdown one play later.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:13 PM   #967
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Tua having a much better game than last week. I wish the Dolphins could get their shit together.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:17 PM   #968
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well Bears: dress like the Browns, play like the Browns.

ETA:

Note to Bears, you should tap a guy when he's down instead of leaping over him.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-30-2022 at 02:23 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:30 PM   #969
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Tua having a much better game than last week. I wish the Dolphins could get their shit together.

Playing against the Lions tends to do that for folks, especially quarterbacks. Just look at Mitch Trubisky’s numbers versus the Lions and his numbers versus everyone else.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:34 PM   #970
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have a friend who will win just over 18K on a $50 bet if the eagles win by more than 22 points. It is currently 35-13 Eagles. I would be chewing my fingers off.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #971
weegeebored
High School Varsity

The Traffic Cone Bears sure have a lot of holes to fill for next year. Poles needs to get whatever he can get for any tradeable pieces. There is nobody on the D-line better than a 2nd stringer and maybe they are all destined for the CFL. Linebackers? Smith thinks he's worth $20M? LOL Take a 2nd rounder for Eddie Jackson. Please. Gordon is no prize; CB4 or 5 at best. No one on the offense is worth keeping save for the RBs, but why pay Montgomery when you can start Herbert and find a backup on the cheap. Velus Jones? Another joke. What good is fast if you can't catch or hold on to the ball. Any "good" O-linemen the Bears have are backups, not starters.

How many more years of mediocrity (or worse) can Bears fans take? At least my Sundays are freed up now.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #972
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have a friend who will win just over 18K on a $50 bet if the eagles win by more than 22 points. It is currently 35-13 Eagles. I would be chewing my fingers off.

I would have to turn off all media and read a book until I knew the game was over. Then I would check the score.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:53 PM   #973
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Getting quite tired of watching Fields miss multiple open receivers, scramble, and get sacked.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #974
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Getting quite tired of watching Fields miss multiple open receivers, scramble, and get sacked.

The way he plays, he's going to get hurt. Maybe he was today - he keeps grimacing every time he gets up. I wonder if his knee is OK.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #975
bhlloy
Coordinator

Jets have to decide if they want to try to make a run and bring Flacco back in or continue to develop Wilson. He's just not NFL ready right now.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #976
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:

As Minshew takes the knee, I'm afraid the digits are coming off.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:58 PM   #977
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kenny sucks.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 03:15 PM   #978
Ksyrup

FLOLCANS!
Old 10-30-2022, 03:16 PM   #979
cuervo72
Head Coach

lol at both the Falcons and the Panthers.
Old 10-30-2022, 03:16 PM   #980
Ksyrup

It's a race to the bottom.. for first in the NFC South.
Old 10-30-2022, 03:17 PM   #981
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

D.J. Moore gives and then D.J. Moore takes away.
Old 10-30-2022, 03:18 PM   #982
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The Falcons-Psnthers game is what happens when two bad teams play each other, and neither team knows how to win.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-30-2022 at 03:19 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 03:20 PM   #983
Ksyrup

That's PI. He's trying to get to the ball. Falcons should be kicking for the win.
Old 10-30-2022, 03:21 PM   #984
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
As Minshew takes the knee, I'm afraid the digits are coming off.

It was a 3 leg parlay, he won the other two and the -22 is a push so he ended up winning about 4K
Old 10-30-2022, 03:36 PM   #985
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Pineiro misses again. That's two shots at a 3-5 record and first place in the NFC South (all four teams would be 3-5 if Carolina wins, but Carolina is, so-far, undefeated in the division).

And, just like that, with a missed chip-shot field goal, the Panthers go from what would have been first place and a solid hold on several tie-breakers to two games out and a tie-breaker loss to the first-place team.

(editing again, Pineiro's wiki page is under heavy trolling right now)

I wonder what Lathum's friend could get on a bet that Brady wins his sixth Super Bowl MVP award.

Last edited by Solecismic : 10-30-2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #986
Ksyrup

Colts had 4th and a foot to pretty much salt away a win, and they punt and blow a 9 point lead with about 6 minutes left.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:27 PM   #987
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

I did not see the game today. Was he showing bad mechanics and/or an inability to make the throws or was he just being overaggressive and forcing the ball when he has no business trying to throw it? The reason I ask it I have heard a number of analyst explain that he is trying to force things to happen instead of playing within himself and the game.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:44 PM   #988
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The Falcons-Psnthers game is what happens when two bad teams play each other, and neither team knows how to win.

I agree ...

... wait, the Falcons are #1 in NFC South. Go Falcons!
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:48 PM   #989
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The NFC South sucks sooo bad.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:53 PM   #990
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
just being overaggressive and forcing the ball when he has no business trying to throw it?

His red zone INT today was a pretty much perfect example of that I think.

I think back to what I said way back in his high school days: he has the strongest arm I've ever seen in person, at any level. At that level honestly he had too much strength - specifically on straight line throws-- balls were occasionally downright uncatchable for normal HS receivers.

My own hunch would be that his arm strength gives him too much confidence in putting the ball where it can't go, even to this day.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-30-2022 at 08:54 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:06 PM   #991
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

The talk on Saints message boards this week had been whether they should be sellers at the trade deadline (Because they were a 2-win team) or buyers (because they were only one game out of first place in the division).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:57 PM   #992
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That kinda seems like a nearly league-wide trend.

I mean, not only is Marcus Mariotta a division leading QB but so is Geno Smith.

The Jets, Dolphins, and Cowboys are all WC leaders despite rather significant QB absences and all manner of questions.

If the season ended right this second, 3 of the AFC playoff teams would have negative point differentials

Maybe the rest of the regular season settles into some more rational form but thus far, there seems to be no shortage of suckage to go around.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:51 AM   #993
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Geno Smith has been outstanding this year.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:09 AM   #994
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Kenny sucks.

It is doubly painful because, for so many years, the Steelers used first round picks on less 'sexy' players like DL, LBs, and o-linemen. The past two years, they take a RB and a QB in the first round and I'm not feeling great about either.

Pickett deserves some time, but his redeeming values were supposed to be that he was experienced and mature. For a guy that has played 50+ NCAA games and is a 24-years old rookie, he looks a long way from being a competent QB and there really haven't even been a whole lot of flashes of talent/greatness (whatever you want to call it) in the games that he has played so far.

Harris seems like an adequate running back, but doesn't seem to have much high end speed. Maybe he is hurt, but it is a bad sign that the undrafted rookie (Jaylen Warren) has been much more productive. I don't know enough about schemes and such, but it sure seems like Warren is a better fit for this one than Harris.

I think I'm going to jump on the Seattle bandwagon for the rest of the season. They have two ex-WVU players with Geno and Bruce Irvin. Geno was the most accurate college QB I can ever recall WVU having (and Mark Bulger was pretty darn good when he was here) - I'm glad to see him having some success. He was always sort of a different type of guy. Hopefully, he has some good years ahead and gets a nice contract going forward.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:24 AM   #995
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Geno Smith has been outstanding this year.

Which might suggest that defenses aren't up to par this year either.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:42 AM   #996
tzach
High School JV

with a masterful offensive gameplan against JAX, nathaniel hackett lives to see another week.

Last edited by tzach : 10-31-2022 at 11:42 AM.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:03 PM   #997
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I recall he had serious maturity issues early on with the Jets. Maybe a long stint as backup was what he needed, and he's a real leader now. He and Hurts are the early MVP candidates in the NFC.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #998
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bears trade Roquan Smith to Baltimore for a 2nd and a 5th.

edit: And reportedly also getting LB AJ Klein in the deal.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-31-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:53 PM   #999
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Harris seems like an adequate running back, but doesn't seem to have much high end speed. Maybe he is hurt, but it is a bad sign that the undrafted rookie (Jaylen Warren) has been much more productive. I don't know enough about schemes and such, but it sure seems like Warren is a better fit for this one than Harris.

I felt like Harris was a rich man's Benny Snell. As great as Snell was in college, I didn't think he'd have much of an impact in the NFL.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:19 PM   #1000
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Bears trade Roquan Smith to Baltimore for a 2nd and a 5th.

edit: And reportedly also getting LB AJ Klein in the deal.

Really surprised they got that much for him considering he's fairly overrated and will be a free agent.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote