Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #951
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I think it's fairly clear that I am who I have said I am. Admittedly, I have not done much searching for bullies over the course of this game. But I will look over the record, listen to both of you, and make the best decision I can tomorrow.

I won't.

You're sort of pinging me there Brit. So it's you who will decide who the wolf is? Luckily for you there's no way I believe the bullies started with just Biff on their "team". If DT had been a bully I might have bought a Doc-conversion. Well, actually, no I wouldn't. I'm more likely to buy there not being a Doc in the game at all, although that's a bit far-fetched as well. But since this is the end game - what exactly have your powers been Brit and what have you done with them throughout the game?

My "power" was that I could send private messages to Marty (via Eagle)when we were in the past but I wasn't allowed to explicitly say who I was. So I mentioned Money for Nothing and Commodore 64 in my message to Marty and then posted them here. I then asked him to quote the picture of the Commodore 64 to let me know who he was. If there's anyone there's no doubt about then its me, as Danny said that I was George.

I should have used that power to let him signal me if he found a wolf and then I would pretend to be Marty. But I didn't get round to it. So yeah, I deserve to lose really.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #952
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

1) britrock88
2) mauchow - vanilla citizen (day 1 lynch)
3) The Jackal - Koranian Leader (day 10 brutal
4) Zinto - Koranian terrorist (night 10 kill))
5) Schmidty - vanilla citizen (caught in a blast early day -2)
6) Autumn - Biff Tannen (Day 10 lynch)
7) Danny - Marty McFly (Day 11 night kill)
8) DaddyTorgo - Koranian recruit (Day 11 lynch)
9) Narcizo
10) saldana - vanilla citizen (night -3 removal)
11) Chief Rum - vanilla citizen (night -1 lynch)
12) GoldenEagle - vanilla citizen (day -3 lynch)
13) KWhit - Jennifer Parker (caught in a blast day 10)
14) murrayyyyy = vanilla citizen (day -2 lynch)
15) fontisian
16) JAG - vanilla citizen (night -1 removal)[/quote]

So it looks like DaddyTorgo was a conversion. I suspect that the bullies had night kills while the Koranians had the chance to convert and had this business with a nuke.

Why is Zinto killed on Night 10 instead of Brit? Seems like a gimme to take a shot at Doc at that stage. But you could say the same thing about Marty.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #953
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I applaud the game you've had if you're a bully Font but for the last baddy not to be you would mean that either George or Doc were not in the game or that they were converted AND the bullies were actually Bully OR DT was a bully who was converted to the Koranians.

OR something I'm not thinking of. I would be happier if Brit's reveal hadn't been so badly done.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #954
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yeah I can spend the whole time second guessing myself here. In the end I have to play the percentages and the likliest explanation is that Font is the second starting bully.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #955
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Fontisian
Old 09-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #956
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quiet game.

And Hulk Hogan re enters the ring!!!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #957
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
But since this is the end game - what exactly have your powers been Brit and what have you done with them throughout the game?

In the present day, I had no powers. I actually had to give away the plutonium on D1. I was given the choice of choosing to give the plutonium to an unidentified person numbered 1-5, or to allow it to pass from my hands randomly. By giving, I granted the person receiving the plutonium (there was one bully and one Koranian among the five) an additional power. If I had allowed the plutonium to pass randomly, it would have continued changing hands every night. I ended up giving the plutonium to #5, as I saw that choosing to give the plutonium had a lower cumulative probability of ending up in evil's hands.

When we jumped to the past (which I did not anticipate), I was a bodyguard. I would guess that I was able to prevent myself from being removed by the bullies in that time frame, as repeated protect orders were allowed, and I outed myself during that period.

On D -1, I was presented with the choice of how far into the future to go--to D2 or to D10. I had the information in hand that the bullies were more powerful in the present and the Koranians more powerful in the future. I also knew that I had no present power, but a future power, and surmised the same about Marty's role. (Jennifer had a power in both the present and future, and I have no basis for knowledge about George.) I chose the distant future mainly for the selfish reason of being sure that I continued to have a power.

So after a massive streak of baddies going down, there are the three of us. And yes, I can exercise control over the lynch.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #958
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
My "power" was that I could send private messages to Marty (via Eagle)when we were in the past but I wasn't allowed to explicitly say who I was. So I mentioned Money for Nothing and Commodore 64 in my message to Marty and then posted them here. I then asked him to quote the picture of the Commodore 64 to let me know who he was. If there's anyone there's no doubt about then its me, as Danny said that I was George.

...so I will dig in to verify this now.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #959
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saw "night deadline" and thought I'd missed my first ever deadline. Probably. Possibly. But no it would seem. A relief for all.

JAG I can't pull off conversations with myself for any great length of time. I'm no Danny in Evil Dead

BTW, thanks for this reference. That was wonderful.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #960
britrock88
Pro Starter

Part 1: through N -2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I wonder if George has a lover mechanism with Marty in the past

First guess in the area of George and Marty communicating... from Jackal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Wow forgot the game had started

Just after dawn on D -3. Maybe you woke him up with a PM?

Quote:
Urk! This talk about time travel is doing my head. Particularly by Chief.

I have to say that I want to vote Autumn at the moment because he's pinging me somehow. But I'd rather have discussion etc etc, even if that leaves me out in the cold because I don't have the time to get involved.

For you to be bad, this would have to be a plant for future bussing.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0

Surely the defining video of the MTV era. Utter bilge.

Dire Straits, as promised.

Quote:
Look. Nark's first computer

Imagine all the fun games one could play on this.

And the Commodore. Of course, Danny fell asleep on this day and didn't get around to acknowledge your smoke signals.

Quote:
Ahhh! The old Vote-for-no-shows conundrum.

I thought the accepted practice was to not-vote-for-no-shows and hope the GM can replace them. I thought pushing to vote-for-no-shows is a vaguely wolfy tell.

In fact I've been finding Britrock almost as pingy as Autumn. And as the all-new instincts not fact-based Nark I'm testing out I think I will

Early evidence of my trustworthiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
ATTENTION

All are invited to a totally bitchin party at the Baines' house. The folks are out of town and we're stocking up on wine coolers and sloe gin and anything else that can get this awesome party going.

Everyone is invited! This is going to be gnarly!!!!

The fun starts at 10:00, right after the vote!

Mmm, sloe gin.

Quote:
lol, I just got one of these the other day!

Bingo. Acknowledgement of the Commodore.

Then I revealed when in LL, self-protected, and avoided both the lynch and the NK. More to come later.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #961
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Dunno if there's even a nightfall in the game but to save you guys waiting until deadline because I've gone to bed, and you've decided.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #962
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

..... I'll nightfall in a couple of hours.

Based on the game Brit looks more guilty to me than Font except for one key fact. He's presumably a named village role or that role isn't in the game. That means he can't be a starting bully. And I don't buy there only being Autumn in a team at the start.

My only defence with my awful record this game is pretty much the same. I'm a named role and I clearly had communication with Danny. If I've been converted then the Bullies started with just Autumn or DT has been converted from Bully to Koranian. Not buying either.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #963
fontisian
College Prospect

Not sure why I'm doing this.

I believe you both are the roles you claim to be (though I'm a little iffy on brit's reveal), so the wolf must have been converted.

To address this:
Quote:
And I don't buy there only being Autumn in a team at the start.
You're forgetting the day 1 conversion attempt, that occured before any lynch could take place. I could see EF starting with one wolf and then giving them the chance to convert others before they have any chance of dying. My refusal might have even been the catalyst that allowed Autumn to recruit a rolled player. That said, in your position I'd be lynching me as well.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #964
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Converting named roles would be a bit over-powered. Fair plays though, I don't think it specifically says that it isn't possible.

I still tend towards thinking DT and you are both bullies though. I guess it will be you vs me after the lynch if that's the case. Assuming no shenanigans.

This struck as strange. It actually sounds exactly like the mentality I'd expect from the last wolf at that time.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #965
fontisian
College Prospect

There's something incredibly galling about being used as lynch bait.

Other things to think about: If I'm a wolf, why would I have killed Zinto? I could have just sat back and let him and DT get lynched yesterday and today. The wolf killing two people under suspicion only makes sense because he was sure there would be two people (me and DT) who were more likely to get lynched than him.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #966
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

One can go round and round on the final day. But previously I've (eventually) gone logic over gut and both times its paid off. My final day record is 100% better than all other final day votes I've seen (3 for 3 baby)! so I'm not going to change my policy. I guess I should put some effort into convincing Brit but I can't find the will. Sorry about that.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #967
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

For those paying attention I've used logic twice - the other time I used borderline obsessive- compulsive disorder and paranoia. And, hey, waddya know, that time worked out as well.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #968
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Nightfall
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #969
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
You're forgetting the day 1 conversion attempt, that occured before any lynch could take place. I could see EF starting with one wolf and then giving them the chance to convert others before they have any chance of dying.

Just a defence to this. I severely doubt Autumn would try to convert me if he was on his own. He would want someone around who could make their vote count. I would be a terrible target for conversion.

And wouldn't I kill Danny if I got him to reveal to me, before he revealed and could get protection?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #970
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Just a defence to this. I severely doubt Autumn would try to convert me if he was on his own. He would want someone around who could make their vote count. I would be a terrible target for conversion.

And wouldn't I kill Danny if I got him to reveal to me, before he revealed and could get protection?
The only thing I can think of is that you were converted during the results part of night -1, or that you were converted beforehand but the wolves didn't have a kill. The second explanation only works if JAG was killed by the Koranians instead of the wolves, which doesn't really match the flavor.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #971
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
One can go round and round on the final day. But previously I've (eventually) gone logic over gut and both times its paid off. My final day record is 100% better than all other final day votes I've seen (3 for 3 baby)! so I'm not going to change my policy. I guess I should put some effort into convincing Brit but I can't find the will. Sorry about that.

And yet you ignored the logical parts of my points.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #972
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Brit was leader all day and not a peep. Seems like a possible bad guy fake reveal

Quote:
Danny: Agreed. Still, I'd like to hear brit's full roleclaim.

Quote:
Particularly when you don't even reveal what your role is. I mean, what the hell? Does that sort of reveal pass muster nowadays? Not on my watch.

Universal trust surrounding my partial (at the time) claim.

Quote:
brit: Is it a normal time shift(forward one decade) or something different?

Quote:
I actually have a choice in the matter.

A reference to my ability as Doc Brown. Font might be curious to see what power the wolves will have, depending on what time period we end up in.

Quote:
And given my feelings about what we'll learn about Mau/Font after lynch, the other candidate gets my vote by default.

A thought worth picking back up on.

Quote:
My vote is going to follow Danny's from now on. Until he dies. Thus relieving me of any responsibility.

Strong tie.

Quote:
I think the bullies being able to scan for Marty seems very reasonable. I also think Autumn knows about it because he is a bully.

The bullies could also have gained this ability if I happened to pass them the plutonium; there was a 20 percent chance of that happening.

Quote:
FWIW, I know who Narc is

Quote:
Well there is only two people left to claim, George and Jennifer. I can say that I have no interest in sleeping with Narc.

A good sign to see. Confirms the earlier signals.

Quote:
So we have Brit, Narc and I as villagers.

Then we have Font and DT as one bully and one maybe villager or maybe something else.

Where we are.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #973
britrock88
Pro Starter

In addition to this, I looked at Autumn and Font's voting history. (I'm assuming Font's a bully at this point.)

There was no overlap in the first 3 days of the game, when neither was under pressure. On the fourth day (D -1), when Font was under pressure, Autumn had stuck a vote on Chief early. Since Chief was the alternative candidate, Autumn never had to move to save Font. In addition, Font's vote was stuck in a "safe place" on Autumn while the race for LL was consolidating. On the fifth day (D10), Font piled on Autumn because Danny outed Autumn. Don't see anything to dissuade me there.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #974
britrock88
Pro Starter

vote Font
Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #975
britrock88
Pro Starter

Narc, if you somehow fooled Danny and me, congrats. But I think we've got it here.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #976
britrock88
Pro Starter

Let's see how we did.

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour
Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #977
britrock88
Pro Starter

Activate flux capacitor
Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #978
britrock88
Pro Starter

Double-check time circuits
Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #979
britrock88
Pro Starter

Vote nightfall
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #980
fontisian
College Prospect

Heh, that's it then. Sorry for screwing this up Autumn.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #981
fontisian
College Prospect

By the way, my pressure on Autumn started on day 3. I've very careful with my bussing.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #982
fontisian
College Prospect

day 3 = day -2
Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #983
fontisian
College Prospect

I'll just talk until people realize the game is over.

Things that went wrong on my end in chronological order.

1.All of the nightkills hit vanilla townies. All of them. I couldn't find Marty with my ability to save my life.

2. JAG choose to die instead of joining us. Screw you too JAG.

3. I should have voted for a townie the moment KWit died and I suspected town had lost the majority. Instead, I waited for Autumn to champion idea because I was afraid of being exposed.

4. I had a brain fart and killed Zinto when I should have killed one of the power roles. Pure idiocy on my part.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #984
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Luckily for you there's no way I believe the bullies started with just Biff on their "team".

I found it hilarious that Narc voted for me because he refused to believe that the game started with one wolf, when that's exactly what happened.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #985
fontisian
College Prospect

Oh, and apologies to DT for railroading him. I am indeed full of it.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #987
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You call font to the front and she breaks down and confesses that she was a recruit of Biff's.

The village has won.

Game over. Well done village.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #988
britrock88
Pro Starter

Yay!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #989
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
2. JAG choose to die instead of joining us. Screw you too JAG.

My brother was in town, so I didn't really want to be playing Friday when I wouldn't have been of any help. Had I known the day would've been a runaway, I would've chosen life over death. I didn't really like that I had a choice in the matter, but with an easy way out I took it.

With all due respect to the rest of the villager team, this is probably the least deserved victory I can remember.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #990
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks EF. Good game concept, I liked the time travel putting off Day 1 result letting the lynch live a few days, that was a cool mechanic. Wish you had gotten more activity from the participants.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #991
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Thanks EF. Good game concept, I liked the time travel putting off Day 1 result letting the lynch live a few days, that was a cool mechanic. Wish you had gotten more activity from the participants.

I was hoping that the pre-day 1 kills were going to end up changing that vote too.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #992
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
My brother was in town, so I didn't really want to be playing Friday when I wouldn't have been of any help. Had I known the day would've been a runaway, I would've chosen life over death. I didn't really like that I had a choice in the matter, but with an easy way out I took it.

With all due respect to the rest of the villager team, this is probably the least deserved victory I can remember.

The other options gave you a bigger choice -- a more tempting position within the Bullies but you would have the option to refuse it and live. What would you have done then?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #993
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, EF, a really fun game. We struggled to find any Koranians, and then boom, got them all. But Danny's scan really did us in. I guess we played it as well as we could have.

EF, I really enjoyed having the conversion options to choose from. Well, I didn't enjoy it, it was torture trying to decide, but added a fun amount of strategy to the game behind the scenes.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #994
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I was worried about the balance. Especially starting both the bullies and Koranians out with just 1 person each.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #995
Autumn
Head Coach

Seemed like it worked out. So the Koranians had two successful conversions? What was the pattern of kill opportunities?
Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #996
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Night 1 was a conversion attempt for each (to start getting your numbers up).

Night -3 bullies got the first shot.

Day -2 the Koranians had their first shot with a bomb blast but they couldn't target a specific person.

Night -1 both had a conversion opportunity.

Day/Night 10 you both had a kill opportunity, theirs was another blast.

Night 11 you each would have a kill opportunity.

The bullies had more directed opportunities while the Koranians had other powers, like being cunning and their blasts had a chance to do more damage.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #997
britrock88
Pro Starter

What happened with the plutonium? And the skateboard?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #998
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What happened with the plutonium? And the skateboard?

You gave it to the Koranians. That second explosion was thanks to that.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #1000
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yeah, agreed. Sorry about my lack of participation. No excuses from me.