Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #51
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Will certainly purchase. When will this be on steam? And any idea on when the next college hoops will be released and the ETA on the college fb game?

Submitted the release build already - just waiting on final approval at Steam. Probably March for college hoops and VERY VERY soon on college FB. Look for some news tomorrow on that one

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #52
korme
Go Reds

Gary, which version is the most up to date? The official release version? So, even the early access that was 1.12 is older than official 1.0? Is that right?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #53
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Gary, which version is the most up to date? The official release version? So, even the early access that was 1.12 is older than official 1.0? Is that right?

Yes you definitely want version 1.0 and not 1.12b or any of the other "b" builds
Old 11-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #54
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Submitted the release build already - just waiting on final approval at Steam. Probably March for college hoops and VERY VERY soon on college FB. Look for some news tomorrow on that one

Hoping it is release news that happens before the weekend
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #55
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
and VERY VERY soon on college FB. Look for some news tomorrow on that one

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #56
korme
Go Reds

Still?

Spoiler

edited for large img

Last edited by korme : 11-17-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #57
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Still?

Spoiler

edited for large img

I've never seen that happen - what kind of operating system are you running and what is your screen resolution? I will see if I can recreate it
Old 11-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #58
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Just a quick bump today to let everyone know the game is available on Steam. If you pre-ordered visit • View topic - How to get Steam key if you pre-ordered to see how to get your Steam key.

Also if you like the game I would sure appreciate a quick positive user review on our Steam page. Small developers like us rely on positive word of mouth to help expand our fan base.
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2017 on Steam
Old 11-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #59
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
I've never seen that happen - what kind of operating system are you running and what is your screen resolution? I will see if I can recreate it

windows 10, 1366x768
Old 12-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #60
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Just wanted to post a piece that took a great deal of effort by John Comey - please take a few minutes to read it

Review - Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2017 (PC) NBA Manager
Old 02-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #61
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Just wanted to post a piece that took a great deal of effort by John Comey - please take a few minutes to read it

Review - Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2017 (PC) NBA Manager

Honestly, that would have been about my review of the game as well.

The ball actions pie chart really moved this game from good to great. This isn't just a game about putting together the highest rated roster you can get. If you don't get players who play together, you really don't have a chance of long term success in this game.

This game requires you to pay attention to the puzzle pieces. This is something you see when playing lower level management in FM. FOF does a decent job of this with offensive and defensive schemes. But DDPB may be my favorite because of how hard it is to nail it.

An example: I just simmed 10 seasons and watched the other GM's. Jokic developed into one of the best players in the game. Sadly, the Nuggets kept bouncing out of the playoffs in the second round virtually every year. The games GM tried, but failed at finding a PG to play with that roster. He made poor choices on who to keep/let go as well. It killed Jokic.

I'll be starting a new league with the Nuggets soon and will do everything I can to avoid that mistake. My first order is dumping Mudiay and trying to find someone who fits with the roster better.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #62
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Honestly, that would have been about my review of the game as well.

The ball actions pie chart really moved this game from good to great. This isn't just a game about putting together the highest rated roster you can get. If you don't get players who play together, you really don't have a chance of long term success in this game.

This game requires you to pay attention to the puzzle pieces. This is something you see when playing lower level management in FM. FOF does a decent job of this with offensive and defensive schemes. But DDPB may be my favorite because of how hard it is to nail it.

An example: I just simmed 10 seasons and watched the other GM's. Jokic developed into one of the best players in the game. Sadly, the Nuggets kept bouncing out of the playoffs in the second round virtually every year. The games GM tried, but failed at finding a PG to play with that roster. He made poor choices on who to keep/let go as well. It killed Jokic.

I'll be starting a new league with the Nuggets soon and will do everything I can to avoid that mistake. My first order is dumping Mudiay and trying to find someone who fits with the roster better.

Thank you. I appreciate that my words were read, and opinion validated.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:11 AM   #63
bryce
High School Varsity

So to be clear, there isn't much "historical fiction" functionality? What I like best about FBB is rewriting history, starting with the Mavs in 1980 and going through time to replay history, having expansion, relocation, and finances adjust automatically. That can't happen in DDS?

I wish FBB would incorporate the lineup stats, though, that's the one thing I always seem to lament. And although FBB utilizes team chemistry, I'm not sure how big a role it plays in the game, and I think it's fairly important in basketball (maybe all team sports for that matter).
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #64
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
So to be clear, there isn't much "historical fiction" functionality? What I like best about FBB is rewriting history, starting with the Mavs in 1980 and going through time to replay history, having expansion, relocation, and finances adjust automatically. That can't happen in DDS?

Not the case at all - you can start in any season post merger and each year the real guys are added to the draft pool (or you can choose to randomize the classes so maybe Jordan is in one class and LeBron in the next). The game will prompt you in any year there was expansion so you can expand if you want to or you can just do it in whatever season you want. There's no automatic relocation but you can go into the Team Info page and change a team if you wish and you can set the salary cap you want for each season or have it increase over time.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #65
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post

I wish FBB would incorporate the lineup stats, though, that's the one thing I always seem to lament. And although FBB utilizes team chemistry, I'm not sure how big a role it plays in the game, and I think it's fairly important in basketball (maybe all team sports for that matter).

The team chemistry is in this game and it can be important. There is nothing worse than getting and email and you have your two best players fighting.

With that said, the "construction" of your team is what I find so amazing about this game. I love how critical it is to get the structure right and how deep that makes the game.

To be clear, I love FBB and will not put it down. This game changes the dynamic a bit.

I've said this for 2 versions now. . . I think this is the most underrated game in the text based world now. I've yet to play with the historical settings (Gary already posted about that)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #66
dunkem
Mascot

To be honest, I bought the first two versions of DDS Pro basketball and the crashes stopped me from purchasing it after that regardless of how I liked it. I'd get through an entire season then a crash would hit and I'd lose all my progress which killed all the work put in. I've been tempted to try it again, but not if it still crashes. I saw a few reviews on Steam mention it so I've resisted jumping back in. Has anyone experienced any crashes in the latest version?

I know, I can save the game myself, but when I get immersed in a game, I don't want to keep remembering to save. I'm not sure if an autosave feature is in there, but that would help.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #67
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Not the case at all - you can start in any season post merger and each year the real guys are added to the draft pool (or you can choose to randomize the classes so maybe Jordan is in one class and LeBron in the next). The game will prompt you in any year there was expansion so you can expand if you want to or you can just do it in whatever season you want. There's no automatic relocation but you can go into the Team Info page and change a team if you wish and you can set the salary cap you want for each season or have it increase over time.

To be clear, he's not asking about randomizing draft classes. He's talking about something you and I discussed, something DDSPB needs to have...the ability to play historical fictional. Still have the historical setup, going back to 1946, but play completely fictional players.

FBPB offers this (I use it for my Jack dynasty at SimNation), and it completely makes it for me. This is a must for the next DDSPB.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #68
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
To be honest, I bought the first two versions of DDS Pro basketball and the crashes stopped me from purchasing it after that regardless of how I liked it. I'd get through an entire season then a crash would hit and I'd lose all my progress which killed all the work put in. I've been tempted to try it again, but not if it still crashes. I saw a few reviews on Steam mention it so I've resisted jumping back in. Has anyone experienced any crashes in the latest version?

I know, I can save the game myself, but when I get immersed in a game, I don't want to keep remembering to save. I'm not sure if an autosave feature is in there, but that would help.

The crashes have been severely muted. The past two versions have been very stable, in my view. Try the demo, gives you two full seasons.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #69
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

This is my take almost exactly, but based on the feedback in this thread I've gone ahead and purchased.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #70
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I don't get crashes and there is an auto save feature included.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #71
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I had the same problem with crashes on the first couple of versions as well. Last year's version was totally different, great game, and well worth your investment. It's fun building a team for sure!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:30 PM   #72
dunkem
Mascot

I may consider it then if the bugs are squashed. I'm a Steam guy too and selling at discount on Steam would probably entice me to bite. Last I checked, I think the discount buying direct vs. steam was different when a discount was offered. A "bundle" with the college game would be even more enticing.

Trying the demo may be a good idea to test to see if I encounter any of those crashes from years ago.

*Edit* Looks like the most recent version of the college game isn't on Steam. It's not massively important, but to me it's a plus just because I have so many games and I like the ability to just select and install when I want to play it vs finding the setup file, launching, shoving the registration code in, etc.

Last edited by dunkem : 02-22-2017 at 11:36 PM.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #73
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

So as The Twolves starting fresh. Offered up Ricky Rubio & 1st round pick for Draymond Green thinking no way. Well they accepted so now I have to start over. I dont want to dismantle the Warriors dynasty already.

As a suggestion could the AI evaluate the talent ahead of them of the depth chart and if they are in win now mode not trade All Stars for backup PG and draft pick.

Has me kind of wondering how the Warriors would play this out if they were actually insane enough to accept that deal.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #74
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I agree with you its a bad deal for the Warriors so I will look at the code but in defense of the code Draymond is a REALLY difficult player to model because so much of his value is in the intangibles. If you look at it strictly as a numbers based thing you're essentially getting a lottery pick for someone who puts up very similar PPG and SPG while is naturally better at APG and worse at RPG/BPG.

That said I agree the code should look more at the fact that Golden State does not need Rubio but has a need for Green and the lottery pick shouldn't sway them. My only thinking is that the code is justifying that it could use Iggy and Durant as the Fs so why not take a lottery pick but I agree it's probably not the best justifcation
Old 03-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #75
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I agree with you its a bad deal for the Warriors so I will look at the code but in defense of the code Draymond is a REALLY difficult player to model because so much of his value is in the intangibles. If you look at it strictly as a numbers based thing you're essentially getting a lottery pick for someone who puts up very similar PPG and SPG while is naturally better at APG and worse at RPG/BPG.

That said I agree the code should look more at the fact that Golden State does not need Rubio but has a need for Green and the lottery pick shouldn't sway them. My only thinking is that the code is justifying that it could use Iggy and Durant as the Fs so why not take a lottery pick but I agree it's probably not the best justifcation

And I know it is an impossible task to replicate two human minds trying to negotiate a perfect deal. I really like how teams arent willing to give up their "stars" without getting someone close back. Agree on Draymond, I thought he would make a super nice fit as a defensive guy that can move the ball with the wolves current young nucleus and wanted Rubio off that team. Tough to give proper evaluation to a guy like him. Keep up the great work!
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #76
wustin
College Prospect

Seems like it would hard to put a number on players who are just elite positional defenders. Is it possible to implement a value based on something like DRPM or DBPM into the game? Or even your own proprietary algorithm.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #77
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Well it turns out the problem here wasn't really with the engine but with the default file for starting a league. There was an error that caused all the draft picks to be overvalued. I have put up a 1.8 update now in our forums and if you start a new league with it then the issue will be corrected.

For example I ran the Rubio/1st for Draymond trade again and while it now values it as a "fair" trade Golden State shot it down because they felt they were not getting something close to the value of Draymond in one of the pieces which make sense - neither Rubio or a lottery pick is better than Draymond.

Update link at • View topic - Latest Game Files Version 1.8 - 3/11/17
Old 05-27-2017, 09:42 PM   #78
tarcone
Coordinator

Probably a stupid question. How do I get hired? Or how do I start as the GM of a team?

Missed that somewhere on the game after I did my custon set up.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #79
tarcone
Coordinator

Guess you guys are laughing to hard to answer.

Plan B

Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #80
Comey
College Starter

It's in the league setup (I believe the third screen) after you set up your person.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #81
tarcone
Coordinator

I figured it out. Thanks

Now I get booted. I went to the phoine call screen. Didnt list anyone to call. Hit call. Got an error message. Mishandled........

And it kicked me off. Lost everything. Need to save as i go. Made me mad though.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #82
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Sorry, I'm not around here that often. If you ever have questions use the support form on our website and we can get back to you much quicker that way.

For the error - its the first I have heard of that one. Can you replicate it? If so under the help menu there are instructions to submit your files to support. We can just run your file and follow the steps you take and see the error and fix it up right away that way.