Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I had no idea something like esports existed.

I dont follow DOTA or CSGO but I know both are huge and growing. For League, the world championship 3 years ago sold out the Staples Center in about 15 minutes. 2 years ago the world finals were in a soccer stadium in Korea (the same one the world cup finals were played in when korea/japan hosted I believe) and sold out quickly. Last year the North American finals were at Madison Square Garden.

Viewership numbers from the world finals of the most recent season that took place in Europe in October (source LoL Esports)

For the one month championship tournament: 334 million unique viewers.
Average concurrent viewers for the course of the entire month long event: 4.2 million.
Peak Concurrent Viewers for the world finals (a 1 day best of 5 between the two finalists): 14 million people
total unique viewers for the finals: 36 million people

Its pretty darn crazy.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #52
Balldog
Pro Rookie

The Multiplayer Beta is out for Plants vs Zombies garden warfare 2 is out. I am going to check it out. The boys and I really have a lot of fun with the original so hopefully this is more of the same quality.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #53
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I know Rock Band 4 came out last year.. but we just bought the band in the box xb1 version. We also purchased the cymbals, but those are on back order.

We have played so much Rock Band over the years and it's been a long time since we had friends over playing into the wee hours. Our old accessories were beat to death, so we figured it was time for new ones.

I love all the improvements, especially how responsive the drums are this time around. Many of our purchased songs showed up as purchased so all we had to do was select install... pretty cool feature.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #54
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I know Rock Band 4 came out last year.. but we just bought the band in the box xb1 version. We also purchased the cymbals, but those are on back order.

We have played so much Rock Band over the years and it's been a long time since we had friends over playing into the wee hours. Our old accessories were beat to death, so we figured it was time for new ones.

I love all the improvements, especially how responsive the drums are this time around. Many of our purchased songs showed up as purchased so all we had to do was select install... pretty cool feature.

I just purchased it as well. Should be here next week. I'm thankful I kept all the old Rock Band games I had because it sounds like you can import some of the songs into the game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #55
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I just purchased it as well. Should be here next week. I'm thankful I kept all the old Rock Band games I had because it sounds like you can import some of the songs into the game.

Not sure how ps4 works.. similar I assume. I guess keeping the old game cd's will allow you to import from the cd - for ones you purchased.. I just went into the store within Rock Band 4 and anything you have previously purchased will show up as "purchased" so you just click on the song and then install.

That alone was worth the RB 4 purchase as we have a ton of songs and many of them are playable in RB 4.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 01-17-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #56
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure how ps4 works.. similar I assume. I guess keeping the old game cd's will allow you to import from the cd - for ones you purchased.. I just went into the store within Rock Band 4 and anything you have previously purchased will show up as "purchased" so you just click on the song and then install.

That alone was worth the RB 4 purchase as we have a ton of songs and many of them are playable in RB 4.

Yeah, I think it just checks which disk you insert and then unlocks all those songs in the store.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #57
mckerney
Coordinator

More from Platinum Games and this time it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #58
Edward64
Head Coach

Tigers on the Hunt.

Check out the link and the sample picture of the game. It looks dated but should look familiar to anyone that played board war games in the early 80's.

Will have to check it out if the reviews are good.

Tutorial videos for upcoming Tigers on the Hunt now available - The Wargamer | PC, PS3, Xbox 360 & Blu-ray walkthroughs & reviews
Quote:
Tigers on the Hunt is an upcoming squad-level, tactical game coming from Matrix Games. It's a World War 2 game that will allow you to simulate any battle from the Eastern, Western, or Mediterranean theaters and it has a ton of units and maps to get it done. I've been warned that only hardcore grognards need apply:

Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers. Players can enjoy massive battles across up to 12 connected geomorphic maps with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side.

The sequence of play is more complex and interactive than any other WW2 turn based PC tactical wargame: game turns are broken down into 16 segments per turn, 8 segments per side and battlefields can range from small to huge in size and complexity, up to 3.8km x 1.6km in size and 200 infantry squads, 50 guns and 50 vehicles per side.
If you understand what that these paragraphs mean, then Tigers on the Hunt is for you!

For those of us for whom that reads like cuneiform script, don't worry, Matrix has our backs. They're currently in the process of making tutorial videos so that we can download the game on release day and jump right in. Or at least wade in at an above average pace. The first two videos are below, and there are (hopefully) more coming.

Look for Tigers of the Hunt to be released soon, but until then watch the videos and see what you can expect.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:21 AM   #59
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Yep, it looks just like Advanced Squad Leader.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:59 AM   #60
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Everyone, I'm looking for more voices for my video game site. If there's anything you want me to think about publishing for an8bitmind, say, about your favorite game/genre or what have you, just shoot me a PM or an email ([email protected]) and I'll see what I can do.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:33 AM   #61
Groundhog
Coordinator

Been enjoying The Curious Expedition on Steam while I await X-Com 2. I'd describe it as part rogue-like, part Oregon Trail/Seven Cities of Gold. It's Early Access but TBH feels complete to me. Travel to randomly generated locations around the world, recruit explorers/local tribesmen/pack animals and go searching for fame and fortune. And die. A lot.

Combat takes place similar to Guild of Dungeoneering but with dice rather than cards - each character has certain traits, and you roll the dice for each, combining different rolls for different actions.

Last edited by Groundhog : 02-03-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #62
Ramzavail
College Starter

It's been on my wishlist for some time now, waiting for a 50% sale (due to backlog) but I totally want to be Marcus Garvey or like Charles Darwin. Thanks for the feedback.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #63
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Been enjoying The Curious Expedition on Steam while I await X-Com 2. I'd describe it as part rogue-like, part Oregon Trail/Seven Cities of Gold. It's Early Access but TBH feels complete to me. Travel to randomly generated locations around the world, recruit explorers/local tribesmen/pack animals and go searching for fame and fortune. And die. A lot.

Combat takes place similar to Guild of Dungeoneering but with dice rather than cards - each character has certain traits, and you roll the dice for each, combining different rolls for different actions.
You had me at Seven Cities of Gold!

Seriously I've been looking for something similar to that forever. I'm definitely going to check this one out tonight.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:34 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since I'm unlikely to be playing XCom-2 anytime soon, I'm wondering ... is there another game(s) that has a very similar feel to the units of XCom?

Preferably something just a little less brutal in difficulty would be even better (I've never beaten any XCom game, really haven't ever come close).

I love the attachment feeling you get for veterans, the strategy that goes with figuring out when/how to get noobies their first experience, and the size of your troop roster feels about right to me.

Suggestions?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #65
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Since I'm unlikely to be playing XCom-2 anytime soon, I'm wondering ... is there another game(s) that has a very similar feel to the units of XCom?

Preferably something just a little less brutal in difficulty would be even better (I've never beaten any XCom game, really haven't ever come close).

I love the attachment feeling you get for veterans, the strategy that goes with figuring out when/how to get noobies their first experience, and the size of your troop roster feels about right to me.

Suggestions?
The Jagged Alliance games were always the ones that were compared to XCom the most. Xenonauts is similar, but much more difficult.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #66
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
The Jagged Alliance games were always the ones that were compared to XCom the most.

Hmm, so would JA2 be the one to get into that with?

Quote:
Xenonauts is similar, but much more difficult.

Damn, that could get really ugly in a hurry

Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:52 AM   #67
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Hmm, so would JA2 be the one to get into that with?

There were some remakes that came out a few years ago. You can usually pick them up on sale. I think they wee JA: Back in Action and JA: Crossfire.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #68
Ramzavail
College Starter

just finished reading the JA2 book written by Darius Kazemi. It was pretty good, kept my interest and had a lot of touches of nostalgia in it.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:29 AM   #69
PilotMan
Head Coach

I failed miserably multiple times to complete JA2. Every time I've come back to it, I've gotten my ass handed to me. I never figured out what I was doing wrong, and game play took me forever.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:06 PM   #70
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 02-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #71
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Game looks right up my alley.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 02-09-2016 at 05:39 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #72
samifan24
Pro Starter

Has anyone picked up Firewatch for PS4? I want to but I'm worried about the performance issues I've read about on NeoGAF and wondered how bad they really are.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #73
Dreghorn2
n00b

Just a heads up on Firewatch, i did a full playthrough in 4 hours, and i don't rush through games.

Pretty disappointing.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #74
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sega has a free game bundle on Steam right now:

Make War Not Love 3 - Prize 1 (no cost) on Steam
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #75
stevew
Hall Of Famer

BO3 MP only version is $15 on steam through the 29th. Seems like a great deal.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #76
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So I learned three things today.

1 - There's a new Master of Orion coming out! (Wow! How did I miss that!)
2 - It's being made by the World of Tanks people. (Oh shit...this could be bad, but I could give it a chance).
3 - They're already locking 1 of the races unless you buy the Collector's Edition. (Nope. Done. Fuck Off. Next.)
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #77
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

MoO is supposedly a labor a love by the World of Tanks team. They mentioned that if they were going for cash they would just make another "World of _______" game as they are much more profitable than your average 4x space strategy game.

I'm interested in what they come up with.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #78
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone else besides me excited about Fire Emblem coming out tomorrow?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-18-2016 at 08:18 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:52 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

I am although XCom 2 is getting all my game time.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:49 AM   #80
mckerney
Coordinator

I really enjoyed Firewatch. The environment is absolutely gorgeous and I loved the interactions between Henry and Delilah. The story was enjoyable enough, but Henry and Delilah made it for me.

Quote:

I'm looking forward to it, but am glad that I have enough games that I wasn't looking to play it right away since I just got an email from Best Buy saying my order was delayed until March 14th.

If my special edition that's been unavailable for order anywhere since November ends up getting canceled I'll be pretty upset.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #81
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Anyone playing Star Wars The Old Republic?

Am in a tiny guild that I could invite you to.

Loving the Imperial Agent storyline.

Incidently the game is free if you were ever curious about it.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #82
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm looking forward to it, but am glad that I have enough games that I wasn't looking to play it right away since I just got an email from Best Buy saying my order was delayed until March 14th.

If my special edition that's been unavailable for order anywhere since November ends up getting canceled I'll be pretty upset.

I couldn't even find a preorder for the special edition.

I ordered mine from Amazon a week and a half ago. It's supposed to arrive today but the tracking information hasn't been updated since early yesterday morning.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #83
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

And now in a update with a 5:09pm timestamp today it says "Delivery Delay"

Thanks USPS
Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #84
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

It was incredibly hard to find. I was checking everywhere after the Direct that announced it, it was available for under 30 minutes through Best Buy and I managed to miss it on Amazon completely when refreshing constantly hoping I could switch my order over there and cancel the one with Best Buy.

I did end up getting a shipping confirmation from Best Buy around an hour ago so it looks like my special edition is on the way. I don't mind it coming late, but with how few were available and being Nintendo rarely reprints something like this I was worried a month long delay meant there wasn't one coming.

Looks like I will be able to start Conquest before too long though.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #85
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I really enjoyed Firewatch. The environment is absolutely gorgeous and I loved the interactions between Henry and Delilah. The story was enjoyable enough, but Henry and Delilah made it for me.

I agree. I thought it was good, not great. The environment was really interesting and the characters were wonderful. Overall a solid game that I'm glad I played.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I ordered mine from Amazon a week and a half ago. It's supposed to arrive today but the tracking information hasn't been updated since early yesterday morning.

I couldn't either. I'm just buying the regular version and getting the other's via download
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #87
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm thinking I should've just downloaded it in the first place. But Amazon did save me $8 assuming I ever get the game.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #88
mckerney
Coordinator

Best Buy sent me a $20 gift card for Fire Emblem being delayed so now Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls is on the way too.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Expansion for Tales of Maj'Eyeal was released today (Embers of Rage) and you can d/l it and play as orcs and with the tinker classes as well, being some steamy tech folk that are seeking revenge against the good guys for their destruction of the orcs in the main questline and set about a year after the victory of the main character.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:45 AM   #90
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
MoO is supposedly a labor a love by the World of Tanks team. They mentioned that if they were going for cash they would just make another "World of _______" game as they are much more profitable than your average 4x space strategy game.

I'm interested in what they come up with.

I purchased EA last night and have been playing it quite a bit. I don't honestly remember much about the original, but so far the game has really sucked me in. It's beautiful, the UI is superb and it has drawn me into it's universe.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #91
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

TotalBiscuit pretty brutal on his FarCryPrimal review.

Honestly, watching this video the game reminds me quite a bit of a free-to-play online gathering timewaster.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #92
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I purchased EA last night and have been playing it quite a bit. I don't honestly remember much about the original, but so far the game has really sucked me in. It's beautiful, the UI is superb and it has drawn me into it's universe.

I'm very interested in hearing the progress of the game.

This video has me VERY excited.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:20 PM   #93
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm very interested in hearing the progress of the game.

This video has me VERY excited.

I think there's some Let's Plays on YouTube-not the final version of the game, but should be enough to judge by.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:51 AM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's EA.. so the AI needs work, they have some stuff disabled, etc.. but I find it very pleasing to play.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:52 AM   #95
spleen1015
Coordinator

I bought Master of Orion over the weekend. I played for about an hour. It is very much MoO under a new skin. I think it is going to be wonderful.

I got MoO, MoO2 & MoO3 with my purchase. If anything, I have MoO2 on a modern PC now.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #96
Groundhog
Coordinator

I got a little cash bonus from my employer for 15 years service, and decided to do something I never thought I would do: I bought a Wii U. The last Nintendo console I owned was an N64 (excluding the DS).

I just see no real reason to own a PS4/XBox One if you have a good gaming PC. I hadn't turned it on for probably 6 months and gave it to my brother-in-law so he could play the new Street Fighter. The only upcoming game I'm excited about is No Man Sky, and - shock/horror - it's on PC anyway - same as NBA 2K, which was the whole reason I got back into console gaming years back.

I played Zelda: Wind Walker for about 4 hours yesterday, god I missed this. Beautiful graphics that make me feel like I’m watching a Miyazaki film, wonderful characters and gameplay mechanics... You know when you think back to the games you loved as a kid, then you fire them up again and are disappointed? Yeah, it was like that, minus the disappointment.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #97
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Get Splatoon. It's so much fun.

This whole universal xbox/windows platform looks like an interesting idea.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #98
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Tim Sweeney of Epic and Unreal fame is not so sure.
Microsoft wants to monopolise games development on PC. We must fight it | Technology | The Guardian

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #99
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16 Trailer - YouTube

Not expecting greatness but like that there will be a lacrosse game... just wish it was box instead of field.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #100
mckerney
Coordinator

We recently got the first look at the full cast and screenshots from Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma: