Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 AM   #51
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It definitely seems like the cops fucked up. There should be changes made. Probably people brought up on charges.

But I don't understand what you gain by burning down your community. If your goal is to keep businesses and anyone with money away, job well done. Don't expect sympathy from others though when your life is shit.

Personally I was hoping that the investigations would've been finished before the riots started.

NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:08 AM   #52
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
May have missed it but am surprised that we haven't heard from Al or Jesse yet? My guess we'll hear from Obama Tue.

Black mayor, city council President is black, majority of the city council is black, police commissioner is black, deputy commissioner of patrol is black, state's attorney for the city is black too.

I mean I'm sure whitey will get the blame for all this. But the city and it's police force is led by black individuals.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 AM   #53
nol
Banned

Quote:
Long said the group that caused damage to the CVS eventually looted a check cashing business. Dozens could be seen surrounding that business as some ran in and out of the broken building.
Looting reportedly spread to Lexington Market in downtown Baltimore by 8:30 on Monday night. A cell phone store, poultry market, and 7-Eleven near the market were destroyed by looters during the protest on Saturday night.

SMH. The people of West Baltimore had it so well, but now they've ensured that no check cashing businesses or chain convenience stores will bring jobs and prosperity to the community ever again.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #54
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
SMH. The people of West Baltimore had it so well, but now they've ensured that no check cashing businesses or chain convenience stores will bring jobs and prosperity to the community ever again.

There will never be jobs and prosperity to inner city shit holes that are conditioned to survive on welfare. The survivalists will always make it, but they always leave those shitholes, there are no saints here.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #55
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If there just wasn't any welfare everything would be peachy?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #56
Dutch
"Dutch"

No, it is what it is. There is no upside either. This is what it produces, its always been that way and it will always be that, a sustainment of life and those who can overcome will.

Last edited by Dutch : 04-28-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #57
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Things were basically just as shitty before most of welfare existed. I'll give you there are no easy solutions, but blaming it all on a culture of dependency is willfully ignoring decades of history.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #58
MCK
n00b

Last edited by MCK : 05-01-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: post bad information
MCK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #59
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK View Post
This was posted from somebody I know. Take what you want from it, just another comment about what happened, true or not.
This is what the professionals call "unsubstantiated horseshit."
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 04-28-2015 at 09:14 AM. Reason: period B4 the quote, fuckass
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #60
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Black mayor, city council President is black, majority of the city council is black, police commissioner is black, deputy commissioner of patrol is black, state's attorney for the city is black too.

I mean I'm sure whitey will get the blame for all this. But the city and it's police force is led by black individuals.

My really longshot outsider point of view ?

Maybe because those "black" people are really acting like whiteys ?
Old 04-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #61
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I can't help but think MLK would be rolling over in his grave.

Or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Luther King, Jr., 1968
It is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #62
Grover
Pro Starter

I have no problem with protests. I have no problem with riots. I have major issues with looting out of opportunism.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #63
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Or not...

So you think he would be ok with people stealing toilet paper, etc...?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #64
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't get the destruction, and every time it happens the message gets further diluted.

Were you talking about stealing toilet paper as "destruction"?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:17 AM   #65
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Were you talking about stealing toilet paper as "destruction"?

No.

I am talking about destroying a CVS, 7-11, etc...

If you or anyone else doesn't think that every time these riots, looting, etc...breaks out that all it does is strengthen the opinions some people already have, and cause others to come over to that side we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Lathum : 04-28-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #66
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Of course it "strengthens the opinions some people already have", but as King stated, it is completely understandable. No one pays attention to the issues that are causing voicelessness in this community. Not after systemic racism. When do people pay attention? Yep, now. The feeling of powerlessness explodes over into violent behavior because a lot of people feel as that is the only way they can exercise power.

Do some others jump in to grab stuff, of course. Opportunists will happen. But riots are expressions of pent up anger at being mistreated suddenly being expressed.

And not for nothing, but the American Revolution started with a riot and destruction of property as well - or as we call it, the Boston Tea Party.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #67
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Of course it "strengthens the opinions some people already have", but as King stated, it is completely understandable. No one pays attention to the issues that are causing voicelessness in this community. Not after systemic racism. When do people pay attention? Yep, now. The feeling of powerlessness explodes over into violent behavior because a lot of people feel as that is the only way they can exercise power.

yet nothing changes, so maybe there is a better/ different way?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #68
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Now a message from Ray Lewis

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-28-2015 at 10:29 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #69
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post

They apparently don't need senior centers or low income housing either.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #70
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yet nothing changes, so maybe there is a better/ different way?

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, maybe revolution happens? Since Ferguson this discussion has been in the public eye, regardless of the media wanting to turn away to other things. Maybe that's enough for now. Maybe it'll lay the seeds for change.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #71
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, maybe revolution happens? Since Ferguson this discussion has been in the public eye, regardless of the media wanting to turn away to other things. Maybe that's enough for now. Maybe it'll lay the seeds for change.

Wait... what?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #72
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Wait... what?

How much have you been hearing about racism in police departments before yesterday? The shooting in North Columbia was covered for like a day.

CNN and the ilk spend more time doing wall to wall coverage of Jodi Arias than they do about the justice system in this country.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #73
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Maybe it will, and FWIW I hope it does.

That being said while it is in the public eye, it seems to me the perception everytime there is an incident between the black community and the police the attitude is " here come the rioters and looters" and not " we really need social change."

And yes, I realize a lot of that is a narrative driven by the media.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #74
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe it will, and FWIW I hope it does.

That being said while it is in the public eye, it seems to me the perception everytime there is an incident between the black community and the police the attitude is " here come the rioters and looters" and not " we really need social change."

And yes, I realize a lot of that is a narrative driven by the media.

Obviously the media doesn't particularly care to cover the peaceful protests. Or will cover it for an hour or so and then lose interest. I mean there were tons of peaceful protesters in Baltimore yesterday. Far, far more than the rioters. I used to completely abhor rioters, but then I understood why the violence comes, and then I understood that the violence actually keeps things in the media narrative, so maybe out of the bad comes something worthwhile. Maybe one time it becomes our society's Boston Tea Party. I can hope, at least.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 04-28-2015 at 10:44 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #75
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The investigators can't even officially talk to the officers involved in the Freddie Gray incident until tomorrow. They have a mandated 10 day "cooling off" period.

Blue Shield | The Marshall Project
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 04-28-2015 at 10:49 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #76
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Obviously the media doesn't particularly care to cover the peaceful protests. Or will cover it for an hour or so and then lose interest. I mean there were tons of peaceful protesters in Baltimore yesterday. Far, far more than the rioters. I used to completely abhor rioters, but then I understood why the violence comes, and then I understood that the violence actually keeps things in the media narrative, so maybe out of the bad comes something worthwhile. Maybe one time it becomes our society's Boston Tea Party. I can hope, at least.

There was a ton of coverage of the peaceful protests before yesterday.

Media is bad but a major American city being burned and looted is news.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #77
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And not for nothing, but the American Revolution started with a riot and destruction of property as well - or as we call it, the Boston Tea Party.

I am not saying yay or nay to your general point, but this is a very poor example. The American Revolution had a ton of macro-factors that led to it coming about. The Boston Tea Party was just one of several escalating events, and if it hadn't happened, some other event that might not have involved a riot or destruction of property would have escalated it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:07 AM   #78
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

+1
Old 04-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #79
RainMaker
General Manager

What revolution are people looking for? A country where cops do nothing and pieces of shit like Freddie Gray can do whatever they want? I mean the police brutality stuff needs to be addressed but boy are people bad at picking out their martyrs.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #80
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
What revolution are people looking for? A country where cops do nothing and pieces of shit like Freddie Gray can do whatever they want? I mean the police brutality stuff needs to be addressed but boy are people bad at picking out their martyrs.

I want him treated like he is "innocent until proven guilty". Not "guilty because he is black".

Last edited by BillJasper : 04-28-2015 at 11:16 AM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #81
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Do some others jump in to grab stuff, of course. Opportunists will happen. But riots are expressions of pent up anger at being mistreated suddenly being expressed.

They are killing their cause and I honestly think King would agree. Anybody that was on the fence and might have been feeling sympathetic about what was occurring is now thinking "well maybe this is why the police act the way they do". They (the people last night) are pushing people away from what they want changed and its just plain disheartning. Sure people are paying attention, why wouldn't they, but if you think this is going to bring about change the way they want is just crazy. The resolve on the other side just got worse.

I am beyond sad about what is occurring within my community. I am beyond sad that we feel the need to destroy where we live. I am beyond sad my neighbors and I had to stay up all night last night to make sure it didn't creep down into our neighborhood. Last night was not people protesting. It was people taking advantage of the situation and doing whatever they wanted for themselves masking it as being for justice or whatever you want to say. That wasn't for Mr. Gray or even oppression. That was them having fun and showing off because they knew the police weren't going to do anything about it. Well awesome, we look like a bunch of idiots, and our community has burned. Oppression isn't going to change now. Mr. Gray wont come back now. We are all now just torn up and sad....

Sal Alinsky wrote, you can “Do one of three things. One go find a wailing wall and feel sorry for yourselves. Two, go psycho and start bombing- but this will only swing people to the right. Three, learn a lesson. Go home, organize, build power and at the next convention, you be the delegates”.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #82
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
" we really need social change."

When the "social change" that's desperately needed is an end to the bullshit victim culture & a firm declaration that acting like f'n animals isn't acceptable behavior ... well, that's not a message that's going to fly past the lunatic fringe on the left so what difference would it make?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #83
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I agree with this. At the very least #BlackLivesMatters needs to get some organization and needs to get some publicly stated and achievable hard goals.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #84
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I want him treated like he is "innocent until proven guilty". Not "guilty because he is black".

You don't know what he was treated as because there is barely any evidence out there. You're insinuating he was murdered and that it was done so because he was black with no evidence to support it.

How about putting pressure on local leaders for answers? How about pushing for justice when you get those answers? Things civilized human beings do.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #85
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
How much have you been hearing about racism in police departments before yesterday? The shooting in North Columbia was covered for like a day.

CNN and the ilk spend more time doing wall to wall coverage of Jodi Arias than they do about the justice system in this country.

It's been the biggest story of the year. Were you not around during Ferguson? Or during Eric Garner? Every police shooting gets scrutinized heavily by national media. I can't think of a topic being covered more than police shootings.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #86
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
You don't know what he was treated as because there is barely any evidence out there. You're insinuating he was murdered and that it was done so because he was black with no evidence to support it.

How about putting pressure on local leaders for answers? How about pushing for justice when you get those answers? Things civilized human beings do.

A city that pays out nearly six million dollars over a four year period for roughing up primarily black suspects has many, many issues. Freddy Gray was just the spark for a long-running powder keg.

Undue force - Sun Investigates - The Baltimore Sun

Quote:
The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police.

Quote:
And in almost every case, prosecutors or judges dismissed the charges against the victims — if charges were filed at all. In an incident that drew headlines recently, charges against a South Baltimore man were dropped after a video showed an officer repeatedly punching him — a beating that led the police commissioner to say he was “shocked.”

Last edited by BillJasper : 04-28-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #87
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How about putting pressure on local leaders for answers? How about pushing for justice when you get those answers?

Like these people?
10,000 Strong Peacefully Protest In Downtown Baltimore, Media Only Reports The Violence & Arrest of Dozens | BLACK WESTCHESTER
Old 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #88
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I heard about the peaceful protests without even looking for them.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #89
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I also heard about the riots, of course.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #90
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's been the biggest story of the year. Were you not around during Ferguson? Or during Eric Garner? Every police shooting gets scrutinized heavily by national media. I can't think of a topic being covered more than police shootings.

And 1 month after Eric Garner, what? That's not covering the issue, that's covering that people are upset about a killing and then moving on to the Kardashians.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #91
digamma
Torchbearer

For those willing to take a step beyond the pictures and video snippets from Baltimore and look to causes and roots of the rioting, I found Ta-Nehisi Coates's article in The Atlantic to be very thought provoking. The whole thing is worth reading, but I'll quote the closing here:

Quote:
The people now calling for nonviolence are not prepared to answer these questions. Many of them are charged with enforcing the very policies that led to Gray's death, and yet they can offer no rational justification for Gray's death and so they appeal for calm. But there was no official appeal for calm when Gray was being arrested. There was no appeal for calm when Jerriel Lyles was assaulted. (“The blow was so heavy. My eyes swelled up. Blood was dripping down my nose and out my eye.”) There was no claim for nonviolence on behalf of Venus Green. (“Bitch, you ain’t no better than any of the other old black bitches I have locked up.”) There was no plea for peace on behalf of Starr Brown. (“They slammed me down on my face,” Brown added, her voice cracking. “The skin was gone on my face.")

When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con. And none of this can mean that rioting or violence is "correct" or "wise," any more than a forest fire can be "correct" or "wise." Wisdom isn't the point tonight. Disrespect is. In this case, disrespect for the hollow law and failed order that so regularly disrespects the community.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #92
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And 1 month after Eric Garner, what? That's not covering the issue, that's covering that people are upset about a killing and then moving on to the Kardashians.

This happens with everything, though, no matter the issue.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #93
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
A city that pays out nearly six million dollars over a four year period for roughing up primarily black suspects has many, many issues. Freddy Gray was just the spark for a long-running powder keg.

Undue force - Sun Investigates - The Baltimore Sun

How about getting the police commissioner to stop it? Voting in a Mayor who will stop it?

And if it's all about the police, why not burn down the police station? What's CVS and a senior center got to do with this?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #94
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

And if it's all about the police, why not burn down the police station? What's CVS and a senior center got to do with this?

When people are angry they don't tend to think logically. Plus, do you honestly think the police would let the crowd near any high value targets?

Last edited by BillJasper : 04-28-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #95
Subby
lolzcat

What you really need to know about Baltimore, from a
reporter who’s lived there for over 30 years

By Michael A. Fletcher April 28 at 10:43 AM

It was only a matter of time before Baltimore exploded.
In the more than three decades I have called this city home, Baltimore has been a combustible mix of poverty, crime,
and hopelessness, uncomfortably juxtaposed against rich history, friendly people, venerable institutions and pockets
of old*money affluence.

The two Baltimores have mostly gone unreconciled. The violence that followed Freddie Gray’s funeral Monday, with
roaming gangs looting stores and igniting fires, demands that something be done.

But what to do?

Baltimore is not Ferguson and its primary problems are not racial. The mayor, city council president, police chief,
top prosecutor, and many other city leaders are black, as is half of Baltimore’s 3,000*person police force. The city
has many prominent black churches and a line of black civic leadership extending back to Frederick Douglass.
Yet, the gaping disparities separating the haves and the have nots in Baltimore are as large as they are anywhere.

And, as the boys on the street will tell you, black cops can be hell on them, too.

Freddie Gray’s life and death say much about the difficult problems that roil Baltimore. As a child, he was found to
have elevated levels of lead in his blood from peeling lead paint in his home, leading to a raft of medical and
educational problems, his family charged in a lawsuit. His friends remember him as a smiling, friendly guy who liked
nice clothes and deplored violence. His criminal record says he operated on the periphery of the drug game. He did a
short stint in prison, and according to news reports, his mother used heroin.

None of that is unusual in the West Baltimore community where he grew up — nor are they unusual in many of
Baltimore’s impoverished neighborhoods. The federal government has said that Baltimore has the highest
concentration of heroin addicts in the nation. Gray's neighborhood of Sandtown*Winchester, once home to
Thurgood Marshall and Cab Calloway, has more recently distinguished itself as the place that has sent the highest
number of people to prison in the state of Maryland.
It does not stop there, despite ambitious city efforts to build new housing and focus social services in Sandtown.

More than half of the neighborhood’s households earned less than $25,000 a year, according to a 2011 Baltimore
Health Department report, and more than one in five adults were out of work — double the citywide average. One in
five middle school students in the neighborhood missed more than 20 days of school, as did 45 percent of the
neighborhood’s high schoolers.
Domestic violence was 50 percent higher in Sandtown than the city average. And the neighborhood experienced
murder at twice the citywide rate — which is no mean feat in Baltimore.

So far this year, the city counts 68 murders, according to a Web site maintained by the Baltimore Sun. That is after
663 murders were recorded over the three previous years. That is a lot of killing, but not nearly what it was in the
1980s and 1990s, when the body count routinely surpassed 300 a year.

Most of these problems are confined to the pockmarked neighborhoods of narrow rowhomes and public housing
projects on the city’s east and west sides. They exist in the lives of the other Baltimore of renovated waterfront
homes, tree*lined streets, sparkling waterfront views, rollicking bars and ethnic restaurants mainly through news
reports. The two worlds bump up against one another only on occasion. Maybe when a line of daredevils on dirt
bikes — the storied 12 O’clock Boys — startle motorists by doing near*vertical, high*speed wheelies in city traffic, or
when groups of kids brawl in the tourist zone surrounding the Inner Harbor.

Still, this leads to a lot of police interaction. When I moved to Baltimore after growing up in New York City, I was
surprised at how often I would be forced to squeeze my car over to the side of the road as a police car, lights flashing
and siren blaring, roared by. During my 13 years as a reporter at The Baltimore Sun, I heard many people complain
that when the police got where they were going, they sometimes exacted their own brand of justice.

Baltimore police have faced a series of corruption allegations through the years. They have been accused of planting
evidence on suspects, being too quick to resort to deadly force and, long before Gray’s suspicious death, of beating
suspects. Like police everywhere, they have been accused of routinely pulling up black youth. When he was a
teenager, my own son was pulled over while driving his old Honda Civic on several occasions. It has gone on for
decades.

Not long after I moved to Baltimore, my wife’s car was stolen in front of our house, which then was just four or five
blocks from North and Pennsylvania avenues, the epicenter of Monday’s disturbance. The police came and asked the
usual questions before my wife piped up, “What do you guys do to find stolen cars?”

One of the cops responded that the cars usually turn up a few days later when the joyriders run out of gas. Then,
without irony or, seemingly, mal*intent, he looked at us — a young black couple — and said: “If we see a group of
young black guys in a car, we pull them over.” We were speechless. Several days later, we were chagrined when my
wife’s car turned up out of gas less than a mile from our home.
Now all of the pent up anger and bitterness has boiled over into the kind of rioting Baltimore has not seen since the
1968 uprising that followed the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

On the day that the nation’s first female African American attorney general took office, school kids led the charge as
looters stripped and burned a defenseless CVS. Later, roving bands of people smashed store windows downtown and
near the Johns Hopkins medical campus. A senior citizen’s housing project under construction in a particular
desolate corner of East Baltimore was burned to the ground.
Hundreds of people — including luminaries such as Jesse Jackson, Kweisi Mfume, and Mayor Stephanie RawlingsBlake
— packed the soaring sanctuary of New Shiloh Baptist Church for Gray’s homegoing service. Many others
turned out not because they knew Gray, whose death in police custody earlier this month remains unexplained
pending outcomes of multiple investigations. Instead, they are concerned about what is happening to young black
men in Baltimore and elsewhere. The pity is that more of us did not reach Gray sooner.

As Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D) said: “Did anybody recognize Freddie when he was alive? Did you see him?”

What you really need to know about Baltimore, from a reporter who’s lived there for over 30 years - The Washington Post
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Last edited by Subby : 04-28-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #96
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

An this goes back to my point about how they only hurt the cause by detracting from the peacful protests. Maybe if they don't loot or riot the peacful protest becomes the story? Maybe not.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #97
BillJasper
Pro Starter

They beat up an 87 year-old woman for Christ sake.

Quote:
Eighty-seven-year-old Venus Green heard the scream while rocking on her porch on Poplar Grove Street in West Baltimore’s Walbrook neighborhood.

“Grandma, call the ambulance. I been shot,” she thought she heard her grandson say on that morning in July 2007. As he lumbered closer, she spotted blood from a wound in his leg and called 911.

The retired teacher was used to helping others. Green had moved to Baltimore decades earlier from South Carolina after working at R.J. Reynolds and Westinghouse. Once here, she worked at Fort Meade and earned two degrees at Coppin State University.

The mother of two and grandmother of seven dedicated her career to teaching special-education students, but couldn’t sit still in her retirement years. She had two hobbies: going to church and raising foster kids. Dozens of children funneled through her home. They, like her own grandchildren, called her “Grandma Green.”

Paramedics and police responded to the emergency call, but the white officer became hostile.

“What happened? Who shot you?” Green recalled the officer saying to her grandson, according to an 11-page letter in which she detailed the incident for her lawyer. Excerpts from the letter were included in her lawsuit. “You’re lying. You know you were shot inside that house. We ain’t going to help you because you are lying.”

“Mister, he isn’t lying,” replied Green, who had no criminal record. “He came from down that way running, calling me to call the ambulance.”

The officer, who is not identified in the lawsuit, wanted to go into the basement, but Green demanded a warrant. Her grandson kept two dogs downstairs and she feared they would attack. The officer unhooked the lock, but Green latched it.

He shoved Green against the wall. She hit the wooden floor.

“Bitch, you ain’t no better than any of the other old black bitches I have locked up,” Green recalled the officer saying as he stood over her. “He pulled me up, pushed me in the dining room over the couch, put his knees in my back, twisted my arms and wrist and put handcuffs on my hands and threw me face down on the couch.”

After pulling Green to her feet, the officer told her she was under arrest. Green complained of pain.

“My neck and shoulder are hurting,” Green told him. “Please take these handcuffs off.”

An African-American officer then walked in the house, saw her sobbing and asked that the handcuffs be removed since Green wasn’t violent.

The cuffs came off, and Green didn’t face any charges. But a broken shoulder tormented her for months.

“I am here because of injuries received to my body by a police officer,” Green wrote on stationery stamped with “wish on a star” at the bottom of each page. “I am suffering with pain and at night I can hardly sleep since this incident occurred.”

In June 2010, she sued the officers; an April 2012 settlement required the city to pay her $95,000.

Green died six weeks later of natural causes
Old 04-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #98
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
When the "social change" that's desperately needed is an end to the bullshit victim culture & a firm declaration that acting like f'n animals isn't acceptable behavior ... well, that's not a message that's going to fly past the lunatic fringe on the left so what difference would it make?
Said the guy on the lunatic fringe on the right...

Old 04-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #99
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Said the guy on the lunatic fringe on the right...

Said the guy who is fed up with hearing excuses for the inexcusable.

And that includes the lawlessness on a daily basis, the rioting AND the police repeatedly standing by & letting vermin participate in said rioting while watching.

That troops, if necessary, aren't employed in Ferguson OR Baltimore is an embarrassment.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #100
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
They beat up an 87 year-old woman for Christ sake.

I understand bad things are happening with the police. I don't understand what burning down a CVS, looting a bunch of stores in your neighborhood, and assaulting people has to do with fixing that problem.