Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #51
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
You are missing the point. 100 years ago, things were denied to these groups of people - that was selfishly holding on to power. So, no, I don't think people 100 years ago were less selfish than we are today.

I think people take a ton more things for granted today.

You mean how those blacks were getting more and more selfish as they were feeling entitled to vote and stuff?

I mean the ideal of marriage is self-less, you are to subsume yourself for your spouse (ideally). And people want that for themselves. This should be a conservative's wet dream really - the alternative is telling people they can't get married and thus feel the only way to live is sexually promiscuously. These people are saying, no, we just want to live a stable married life. I mean c'mon!

I believe if people were raised the way I mentioned, than they'd be more selfless. It's an extremely extreme case I'm bringing up because I don't think there is any doubt people would be less selfish in that example. You could say that highways have spoiled people and if they'd be done away with than people would be less spoiled. What I am using is an extreme case which I believe shows people that are against it don't have to be full of hate.

I feel this is getting repetitive, but I enjoyed it. I threw out an extreme case because I was reading a chic fil a thread and saw an unwaranted attacked. I wouldn't have came in here and said chic fil a is everything right in the world based on their owner, tired of hearing it. But I did enjoy you trying to put holes in what I said.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #52
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I've only had Chick-Fil-A once, and I was underwhelmed.

It's easy for me to take a hardline moral stance on these guys when the nearest one to my house is like 30 minutes a way.

I would, however, turn a blind eye if the Popeye's chicken people started turning up the hate speech. I drive way out of my way to hit that place up a few times a year.

Last edited by stevew : 02-28-2014 at 03:09 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #53
chadritt
High School Varsity

I still eat Chick-Fil-A occasionally, i grew up eating their chicken biscuit every morning since we sold them at my school, but I go to the Hollywood location which is pretty clearly the most gay friendly one they have so i feel ok. Not great but ok.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #54
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
I still eat Chick-Fil-A occasionally, i grew up eating their chicken biscuit every morning since we sold them at my school, but I go to the Hollywood location which is pretty clearly the most gay friendly one they have so i feel ok. Not great but ok.

how are they different?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #55
chadritt
High School Varsity

When all the controversy started the made a big deal to come out and say "You know were in Hollywood right? We have openly gay employees, we don't contribute to anything that would hurt them." Theres still the corporate issues but that locations pretty gay friendly.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #56
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
When all the controversy started the made a big deal to come out and say "You know were in Hollywood right? We have openly gay employees, we don't contribute to anything that would hurt them." Theres still the corporate issues but that locations pretty gay friendly.

That's interesting, thanks.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #57
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If there aren't 20 posts on Sunday of people giving the recipe a try, I'm going to be pissed.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #58
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Sorry cartman, people would rather argue. Le Revolution!!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #59
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I've only had Chick-Fil-A once, and I was underwhelmed.

+1
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll try this on Sunday but I need to buy several of the ingredients.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #61
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I believe if people were raised the way I mentioned, than they'd be more selfless.

Sorry, I just don't see it. At all. Your argument makes as much sense to me as the opposite - free love would make people more selfless.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #62
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tried it out and it was solid. I subbed Mrs. Dash's original for Celery Salt because i didn't have any CS and it was almost 5 bucks for a jar and I hate celery. I don't have a point of reference on Chick Fil A but I found it to be a pretty good sandwich and I would probably make it again. I'm more of a fan of the waffle fries anyways, I usually get them and the chicken nuggets when I go to Chick Fil A.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #63
stevew
Hall Of Famer

http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2013/...ynesian-sauce/
Old 03-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #64
Butter
Coordinator

We tried this also. I think our oil was a little too hot, but other than user error (the breading got a little darker than it should've) it was a damn fine chicken sandwich. It wasn't Chick-Fil-A, but it wasn't far off.

I like mine with pickle, mayonnaise, and hot sauce, and with all that and the breading and marinade it was quite a reasonable facsimile.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #65
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
There is only one Chick-Fil-A in Michigan and it's too damn far from where I live.

This is probably a good thing.

Granted, it is at the airport.

Chick-fil-A to add another Metro Detroit location; it would be second open statewide | MLive.com