Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #51
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Pittsburgh Power?

I've always called him a Roethlisburger clone. At least from a size and usability standpoint.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #52
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Is anybody getting any rumors on who Josh Freeman is talking to? I'm not seeing anything.

I know Buffalo wanted to talk to him.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Is anybody getting any rumors on who Josh Freeman is talking to? I'm not seeing anything.

Freeman tells Glazer a decision is coming tonight | ProFootballTalk
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #54
Dutch
"Dutch"

Thanks Radii. I hope he goes to the Vikings. At least he has a chance for success there. The Raiders seems like a disastrous choice despite it's availability.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #55
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Mna, this is a shitty bunch of 1:00 games so far.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #56
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's the latest on Josh from one of our top Bucs beat writers. Not on where he's going but why the Bucs parted ways with him.

Bucs Beat: Freeman to blame for ugly saga
Nice to be reminded the Red Sox aren't the only team that leaks all the dirt they have on players/managers on their way out the door, and the Boston Globe isn't the only media outlet that will gladly let itself be used as a management mouthpiece. Contrast that to a team like the Patriots who spun off Seymour and Moss for picks partially because they didn't run those players through the mud before getting rid of them.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #57
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, what was the ref looking at on that replay? As an Eagles fan I even know that was a bad call. They must have been focusing on the feet and not the ball.

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-06-2013 at 01:59 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #58
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i want to watch the cin/ne game, but i cant stand dan dierdorf
Old 10-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #59
TroyF
Coordinator

Two weeks in a row, I've watched Seattle hit a QB in the head on a critical play and not have it called. Luck back to pass, his head his hit before he loses the ball and no call. Last week, they drilled Schaub helmet to helmet on a third down play that wasn't called.

I'm really starting to feel like these are the Denver Broncos the year Jake Plummer led them. Good defense, good offense, but a ton of breaks that you cannot count on come playoff time. (the Broncos got the breaks against the Pats and then were destroyed by Pittsburgh)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #60
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Nice to be reminded the Red Sox aren't the only team that leaks all the dirt they have on players/managers on their way out the door, and the Boston Globe isn't the only media outlet that will gladly let itself be used as a management mouthpiece. Contrast that to a team like the Patriots who spun off Seymour and Moss for picks partially because they didn't run those players through the mud before getting rid of them.

We didn't run Aqib Talib or Lagarrette Blount through the mud before trading them.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #61
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Apparently if either Calvin Johnson or Reggie Bush are out, the Lions offense is incapable of doing anything.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #62
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Lance Briggs with the boneheaded play of the week, actually jumping offsides on a 4th and 1 on a play everyone in the stadium knew was never gonna be run.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #63
Danny
Head Coach

So apparently without megatron Detroit is 3 point team
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #64
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah. Green Bay's defense is not this good. The absence of Calvin Johnson is a killer.

...now I wish I'd gotten up early enough to see if I could get a cheap ticket to the game from one of the scalpers.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #65
Jas_lov
College Starter

Once James Jones breaks the plane of the goal line it's a TD. What a terrible call. Now you can't even break the plane and get a TD, you have to complete the process. That whole rule is a joke.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #66
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Seems like the weather gods really wanted the Patriots to lose today. WOW.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #68
Desnudo
Coordinator

I wonder if Brady's arm or shoulder is injured. Lots of ducks.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #69
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Once James Jones breaks the plane of the goal line it's a TD. What a terrible call. Now you can't even break the plane and get a TD, you have to complete the process. That whole rule is a joke.

I hate that the rule is different for receivers vs runners when it comes to what's a touchdown.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #70
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Bad call on the late hit in the Titans game.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #71
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Big giant rebound win for the Bengals this week. One of my happier days as a Bengals fan.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #73
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Apparently if either Calvin Johnson or Reggie Bush are out, the Lions offense is incapable of doing anything.

Need to add in Burleson is there as well. Lions aren't good enough to counter not having their top two WRs when playing in Green Bay.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #74
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe the Giants can suck enough to get Clowney because that defense needs some serious help.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #75
Danny
Head Coach

Things real ugly in ny
Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #76
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Up by only three, Colts decide to finish off a drive with all runs even with a 3rd and 9 while being in FG range. They get the FG, but Seattle has 1:55 to score a TD. I would have gone for a TD if I were the Colts.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #77
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Colts have now beaten the 49ers and Seahawks.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #78
cuervo72
Head Coach

More weirdness from DTV - put on the end of the Chiefs/Titans game, and they switched to DEN/DAL.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I hate that the rule is different for receivers vs runners when it comes to what's a touchdown.

It's not a different rule, it's about establishing possession. A receiver hasn't established it yet while a RB has as he approaches the goal line.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #80
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
It's not a different rule, it's about establishing possession. A receiver hasn't established it yet while a RB has as he approaches the goal line.

Yep I agree
Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #81
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sigh
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #82
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
We didn't run Aqib Talib or Lagarrette Blount through the mud before trading them.
Sure seems like we bought low on Talib, but all that stuff (arrests/suspension) was public, so not much the Bucs could do there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Seems like the weather gods really wanted the Patriots to lose today. WOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I didn't see the first half, so I'd put most of it down to the monsoon and not having a great grip.

Bengals really figured out our offense's weakness. A D-Line/front 7 that gets pressure, and driving rain. I do question Belichick a little for not going for it on 4th and goal from the 2, but our short-yardage attempts have been brutal this year, and a 40+ yard FG at the end wouldn't have been easy either with that rain. (I also question whether we should have gone for it on 4th and 15 just before our last punt - when you're at the point when even 1 first down for the other team wins the game, the field position doesn't really matter.) At least the Dolphins lost late, so still in 1st place.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #83
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The Dolphins really need to work on their pass protection. Tannehill is getting abused this season.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #84
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Jones had possession and came down with one foot in bounds then crossed the plane of the goal line and his second foot came down OOB but he had already crossed the plane. Jones has established possession and crossed the plane of the goal line. That should be a TD, period.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #85
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jones had possession and came down with one foot in bounds then crossed the plane of the goal line and his second foot came down OOB but he had already crossed the plane. Jones has established possession and crossed the plane of the goal line. That should be a TD, period.

It's not college, you need two feet in.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #86
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Ummm, no. A receiver is not ruled in possession until both feet come down in bounds and possession is made through the catch.

Now, I'm as pissed as anyone at how they rule the second part of that. It's different depending on the game you watch. As for feet? It's a really simply rule. 2 feet down or it isn't a catch. It's that simple and it really has to be that way. You can't have a rule that it's one foot down on the one yard line and 2 feet down everywhere else.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #87
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If Clowney wants to make a case for sitting against a lesser opponent, all he needs to do is point to the Georgia/Tenn. game.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #88
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Jones had possession and came down with one foot in bounds then crossed the plane of the goal line and his second foot came down OOB but he had already crossed the plane.

Wait what? That's not controversial, or up for debate. What you just described is never, ever a touchdown in the NFL.

Last edited by Radii : 10-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #89
TroyF
Coordinator

Denver simply cannot let their outside rushers lose contain. Everytime they do, these things happen:

1) Witten gets open
2) The interior Dallas lineman start holding and there are no flags. (before you think I'm bitching about the reffing, I'll wait and see how it is called on Denver. If they allow holding, I'm fairly confident it will benefit the Broncos more than the Cowboys)
3) Romo has time and hits the open Witten.

They are creating a ton of pressure, even without Miller. The way the game is being called, they can't allow him to break contain. As usual, I believe they'll solve this at halftime. The question is if the Broncos offense can keep up with this.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #90
TroyF
Coordinator

The play right there is what they have to do. Keep him contained, deal with the holding (watch #68 on that replay, it's comical) and don't let Romo beat you outside the pocket. Much better defense on those last three plays.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #91
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The Freeman situation is fascinating. I added an entry to my blog last night, but the apparent interest from Minnesota is a surprise.

The bottom line is that absent blame for personal conduct from the Schiano situation, he's someone who would get attention as a potential starter. He has the tools, and he has the experience.

Having lived in the Boston area when the team/media absolutely destroyed Nomar Garciaparra's reputation during his 2004 trading-deadline exit (the subsequent wild-card-to-first-title-in-almost-100-years story line affirmed it forever in Red Sox Nation), I am sensitive to this type of hit job.

If Freeman is a hard worker and he succeeds with a new opportunity, I hope Schiano never gets another chance in the NFL.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #92
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post

He just hasn't been as accurate the last couple of seasons, and when you combine it with receivers still learning to catch (what was the stat they showed, second most drops in the NFL this season?) you have an offense that has trouble at times.

But especially in a monsoon. That really felt like the Football Gods getting even with them for something...
Old 10-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #93
Radii
Head Coach

I hope there are no NFL fans out there who are stuck watching Arizona/Carolina with no access to the Denver/Dallas game. Without the Giants to play against, Carolina is back to their standard 6-3 halftime score.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #94
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
The Freeman situation is fascinating. I added an entry to my blog last night, but the apparent interest from Minnesota is a surprise.

The bottom line is that absent blame for personal conduct from the Schiano situation, he's somweone who would get attention as a potential starter. He has the tools, and he has the experience.

Having lived in the Boston area when the team/media absolutely destroyed Nomar Garciaparra's reputation during his 2004 trading-deadline exit (the subsequent wild-card-to-first-title-in-almost-100-years story line affirmed it forever in Red Sox Nation), I am sensitive to this type of hit job.

If Freeman is a hard worker and he succeeds with a new opportunity, I hope Schiano never gets another chance in the NFL.

I agree. I never liked Freeman. Didn't think he would be a good starter in this league. He has a good year and a half and I was still not sold, but I was anxious to see how he would do. When he

Then he struggled last year and early this year, I really didn't have to be sold that he was a bad NFL QB.

After they bench him, the dirt starts flying. Leaked drug problems? Leaked chemistry issues? Leaked disciplinary problems? Demotion to #3 QB? This wasn't a benching, it was a PR campaign. And for that i have to ask why? I mean, why do you try the kid? The only two explanations that make a lot of sense are:

1) The coach hates his guts and it's personal.
2) The coach is trying to use the kid to save his job.

Neither puts SchiaIo in a good light. I still don't think Freeman is that good. . . but if he's better than he looked the last couple of years, I'll cheer for him. Like you, I'll hope the coach never coaches another NFL game.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #95
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cardinals-Panthers definitely not a thing of beauty-Palmer keeps throwing INT's after good drives and/or 3 and out with a sack. Panthers have done better offensively-but Cards defense comes up big with a sack or a Patrick Peterson INT, leading to a battle of FG's and frustration for both teams-Panthers lead 6-3 at the half.

Please beloved Cardinals, do not resign Carson Palmer after the season, please.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #96
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I hope there are no NFL fans out there who are stuck watching Arizona/Carolina with no access to the Denver/Dallas game. Without the Giants to play against, Carolina is back to their standard 6-3 halftime score.

Pretty damn awful isn't it?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #97
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
He just hasn't been as accurate the last couple of seasons, and when you combine it with receivers still learning to catch (what was the stat they showed, second most drops in the NFL this season?) you have an offense that has trouble at times.

But especially in a monsoon. That really felt like the Football Gods getting even with them for something...

It was really only a monsoon at the end.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #98
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post

The bottom line is that absent blame for personal conduct from the Schiano situation, he's someone who would get attention as a potential starter. He has the tools, and he has the experience.

Obviously in the end we really only care about the players, but...

I know the Bucs had an offer on the table for Carson Palmer this off-season but were beat out in the 11th hour by AZ. So despite Freeman throwing for 4,000 yards and 27 TDs last season...something was up.

It's possible that Schiano is just a dick. He isn't very well liked even in Tampa. But it's also possible that Freeman really is having some issues.

Ultimately you are right though, if Freeman does well THIS year and Schiano doesn't turn things around, the owners are going to get rid of Dominik (GM) and Schiano within hours of the final game.

The PR hit the Bucs are taking right now is devastating. The owners had just bought up the rest of the tickets to ensure the games weren't blacked out and you know they are pissed at how this year has started.

It was Schiano's only play...he may not have lost the team (yet), but he obviously lost the QB. Whether or not that was Schiano's doing or Josh Freeman's doing doesn't really matter to me...the season ticket holder who wonders what the fuck I really bought into this year besides a clown-show.

As for Josh Freeman, I really wanted him to succeed here in Tampa and I wish him the best. I'm sure he'll win a Super Bowl somewhere, they always do when they escape Tampa Bay.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-06-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wow did the Cowboys bite on that bootleg
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #100
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
It was really only a monsoon at the end.

Oh I know, right at prime Brady-comeback time.

But yeah, they blew lots of opportunities earlier. Of course, I think Cincy's defense gets credit here as well, they played pretty well.

Last edited by gstelmack : 10-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote