Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #51
BYU 14
Coordinator

Pound Maryvale 63-0 last night to finish regular season 10-0. #4 seed for division 1 playoffs in a tough half of the bracket. Will have to go through the only other Wing T school in D1 (Desert Ridge, who has the dynamic Morrison twins) in the second round and #1 seed Mountain Pointe (ranked #12 in nation) to get to the finals.

Going to be a grind!!

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Pound Maryvale 63-0 last night to finish regular season 10-0. #4 seed for division 1 playoffs in a tough half of the bracket. Will have to go through the only other Wing T school in D1 (Desert Ridge, who has the dynamic Morrison twins) in the second round and #1 seed Mountain Pointe (ranked #12 in nation) to get to the finals. Going to be a grind!!

I wonder how many coaches will use the phrase "play 'em one at a time" in the next week or two?
Old 11-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #53
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Mike Muschamp (yes folks, brother of Will) had a nice run at Savannah Country Day before being hired to replace Coach Railey when he retired after 23 seasons. (here's the archived copy of that story from the Savannah paper from 2004). He seems pretty content with his career, as detailed in this AJC article from 2009

Since arriving, he's 85-30 at Lovett, including 3 final fours plus a trip to the championship game. Of course it isn't quite as surprising as you make it sound, Railey had double digit wins in 13 of his 23 seasons too but things were pretty down for most of his final decade at the helm (well, from '97 - '04)

That could explain it. I was class of '99 so when it was my classmates we went to games mainly to be social or, in my case, to play in the band. I went there from K - 12 though so I guess I just dont remember the glory years.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #54
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I wonder how many coaches will use the phrase "play 'em one at a time" in the next week or two?

Started for us after the game last night LOL
Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
That could explain it. I was class of '99 so when it was my classmates we went to games mainly to be social or, in my case, to play in the band. I went there from K - 12 though so I guess I just dont remember the glory years.

That could do it for sure. Railley, nor Lovett, were any slouches from his arrival in '82 up until about '96.

147-37 during that time, with 4 final four appearances. Only one losing season in that era, 9/15 teams that lost 2 games or less.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #56
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

This happened locally.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #57
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
This happened locally.

Saw this, absolutely outstanding by these young men!!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And our season ends with a dismal-as-it-sounds 21-3 loss on the road to Athens Christian (who earns their first ever playoff berth with the victory).

Down 7-3 late in the first half, a 50 yd pick 6 put them in front 14-3 and already questionably motivated unit really got done in right there. Bad guys run the opening kick of the 2nd half back 95 yards but got it called back ... so they score 3 plays later on a bobbing & weaving 75 yard by their FB/LB. We got break after break, turned 'em over several times, just never could dent the end zone (including a 1st & goal from the 10 and a 1st & goal from the 4.

Thus ends a disappointing 6-4 season, missing the playoffs for the first time since 1996 (and only the 3rd time in 23 seasons under the current head coach). Much to ponder about the future of the program, starting with said head coach and continuing right on through the roster.

Also, my alma mater blows leads of 7-6 (half) and 14-12, getting blown out 39-21 in a play-in game ... despite having the school's all-time leading passer, its all-time leading tackler and its new single-season rushing record holder. Playoff drought at a decade and counting (still have never won a playoff game in 57 year history)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-08-2013 at 10:02 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #59
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Projected power ratings (not final/official until mid-week) just came out.
Team that eliminated us projected to be the #16 seed ... earning them a trip to #1 Eagle's Landing Christian.

That'd be the defending state champions, with 22 game winning streak, and a season aggregate score to date of 373-41.

All I can say is "good luck with that"

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-09-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

Very sudden and abrupt end to our season last night as we ere upset by 12 seed Brophy in the playoffs.

These worked so hard and to have our first loss come to that school particular hurts, but we killed ourselves with first half mistakes. Two penalties in the redzone that negated a TD and a 1st and goal at the 6 and we came up empty both times.

Also threw two picks inside the 5 on other drives.......

And just like that my coaching career is over, for good this time. Been a fun and rewarding 27 years, going to miss it!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh. Projected power ratings (not final/official until mid-week) just came out.
Team that eliminated us projected to be the #16 seed ... earning them a trip to #1 Eagle's Landing Christian.

Orrrrr not.

An email from the GHSA to the civilian/parent/blogosphere guy who does the hard work of previewing the power rankings says that there's a change in the way ties are being computed (i.e. how they've been displayed by MaxPreps, the comically inept "official partner" of the GHSA responsible for producing the power ratings each week all season).

Long story short, #14 drops two spots (the only team actually impacted by the change), moving #15 and #16 up one spot each.

5th change in the rules since they were implemented two years ago, 4th one that has occurred DURING or AFTER the regular season was completed (i.e. NOT during the off-season).

If there's a more inept or blatantly crooked organization in the sports world, I havent' seen it.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #62
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Reclassification details released today. Pending appeals & requests to play up (cannot request to play down) teams on the move include Tucker (to 6A), Buford & Cartersville to 4A, Calhoun & Jefferson to 3A, Darlington & Pace Academy to 2A.

Updated: GHSA reclass to send Buford, Tucker to higher classes » Comment Page 3 | Prep Zone: High School Sports
Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've been following HS sports for a loooong time but this has got to be one of the crazier stories I've come across. Vandalizing your own building to try to fire up a team, lousy business but not entirely unheard of ... but ass't coaches burglarizing opponents fieldhouses to steal game plans?

Local coaches, TSSAA react as Marion football moves forward - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports
Old 11-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Heard County RB sets state rushing record | Prep Zone: High School Sports

511 yards (or 486, depending upon which teams stats you believe, his own team recorded the lower number)
5 TD's, 4 of which were more than 60 yard runs.

In a crazy 61-57 loss no less.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-23-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #65
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Heard County RB sets state rushing record | Prep Zone: High School Sports

511 yards (or 486, depending upon which teams stats you believe, his own team recorded the lower number)
5 TD's, 4 of which were more than 60 yard runs.

In a crazy 61-57 loss no less.

Damn, that would have been a fun game to watch.

They actually cancelled all the semi-final games here in AZ because of rain!! (Not lightning, rain!!)

I probably played in worse conditions 3 or 4 times a season, now they are having them on Monday, which means the winners in division 3 and division 2 have to turn around and play for the state title in 3 days. Half the stuff the AIA does here makes absolutely no fucking sense.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #66
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Congrats to you on 27 years shaping the lives of young men. I know what kind of thankless work you do, and it's appreciated.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #67
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Congrats to you on 27 years shaping the lives of young men. I know what kind of thankless work you do, and it's appreciated.

Thanks Senator and it has given me more than I could ever put in words. It was a great privilege to work with so many great young men, that have impacted me so much.

And right back at you by the way. I know the last year has been a rough stretch for you, but have always enjoyed following your coaching exploits. Are you getting back into it at all?

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #68
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Ithaca extended its winning streak to 56 by wining its fourth title in a row.

Last edited by Matthean : 11-30-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #69
Senator

I managed to fake my way through the season without bringing too much attention to myself. Therapy for the soul.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #70
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

So going into the playoffs this season, my daughter's high school (McEachern - Powder Springs, GA) wasn't feeling all that optimistic about our chances. We had started off the season 7-0 and were ranked as high as #2 in the Georgia AAAAAA polls, but dropped back to Earth after game 8 by falling 28-26 to eventual region champs North Cobb. After bouncing back to win in week 9, we faced our cross-town rivals, Hillgrove, in the season finale to see who would grab the #2 seed in the region.

They jumped on us early and led 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. We started to come back in the second quarter and had narrowed the gap to 21-17 when disaster struck and our senior QB was knocked out of the game with an ankle injury. He was both our leading passer and leading rusher. Our backup is the coach's son who is actually quite good and has a cannon for an arm, but he's only a freshman and his playing time had really just been limited to mop up duty in the blowouts. The freshman comes in and, lo and behold, throws a pick on the first play. It doesn't get much better for the rest of the night and we lose 31-17 to finish 8-2 and go into the playoffs as the #3 seed in our region.

Onto the first round of the playoffs and we are without our star quarterback. We still win our first round game (against a 5-5 #2 seed from a weak region) and the freshman does alright. We lean heavily on our running game...something we probably won't be able to do when we start to play the elite teams in the playoffs...the first of which we play in round two...which just happens to be the round we haven't made it past in nearly 15 years.

Game day comes and our offense sputters...the defense is doing the best they can against Langston Hughes HS, but the offense can't get anything going and things are looking bleak. But down 21-9 with six minutes to go, the freshman finally hits his stride and takes us down the field for two scores in a row (primarily with his arm) and we come away with a miraculous 22-21 win to put us in the quarterfinals for the first time since 1999.

The quarterfinals matched us up with Collins Hill HS...a very good team out of Gwinnett county that finished the season 9-1 and co-champs of what may be the toughest region of 6A football in the state. After dropping a game to last year's state champs (and region foe) Norcross, they bounced back to beat nationally ranked and #1 in the state North Gwinnett 53-28 that started a five game winning streak for them where no one had held them to under 40 points and they had beaten their first two playoff opponents by a combined 89-7 score. The AJC had us pegged as 16 point underdogs.

But underdogs will surprise and we came out of the gates fast on Friday night and raced out to a 21-3 lead midway through the second quarter with some fantastic play on both sides of the ball. You can only keep a good team down so long, though, and after trading scores, Collins Hill dominated the third and fourth quarters to take a 32-28 lead with just a few minutes to play. With a little over a minute to go, we go into time out mode and use all three in the process of forcing a fourth down punt. Then this:

With that we take the lead and while they actually drive for the tying score in the final seconds, an interception inside the five yard line seals the deal and sends us into the semi finals where we will face off against North Gwinnett next Friday night.

I realize that after the Auburn/Alabama ending on Saturday this highlight may not be the greatest thing anyone has seen this week, but at the time it may have been the most awesome play I had ever seen in all my years of watching football.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #71
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
The quarterfinals matched us up with Collins Hill HS...a very good team out of Gwinnett county

Somewhat randomly I guess, a bit of trivia ... Collins Hill is also one of the state's largest, with an enrollment of 3,075 (now 7th biggest) compared to 27th-sized McEachern with 2,267. That may sound not-so-bad until you consider that the gap from largest to smallest in every other classification (+/- 70 teams in each) is less than the difference between those two schools. And even crazier, the largest for this cycle -- Mill Creek, with 3708 -- has nearly as big a size difference with CH as CH has with McE.

Quote:
I realize that after the Auburn/Alabama ending on Saturday this highlight may not be the greatest thing anyone has seen this week, but at the time it may have been the most awesome play I had ever seen in all my years of watching football.

Taj Griffin, class of 2015 ... 23 offers reported, with Georgia, Oregon and Ohio State believed to be the current front-runners best I can find.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #72
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Taj Griffin, class of 2015 ... 23 offers reported, with Georgia, Oregon and Ohio State believed to be the current front-runners best I can find.
Yeah, he's fast...very fast. I believe ESPN has him as the #2 running back nationally in his class. Last I heard Oregon was his leader, but it's probably way too early to take anything from that. You never know, he may go to GT...his brother Ty (our QB last season) ended up signing with the Jackets back in January.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #73
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

And just like that my coaching career is over, for good this time. Been a fun and rewarding 27 years, going to miss it!

How can I convince you to take your officiating exam?!?!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #74
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I was watching that Collins Hill/McEachern game on TV. That punt return was amazing. Even watching it again, I still have no idea how he was able to make so many people miss.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #75
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I was watching that Collins Hill/McEachern game on TV. That punt return was amazing. Even watching it again, I still have no idea how he was able to make so many people miss.
He just seems to have the 'it' factor when it comes to running in open space. The best defense against Taj right now is to pullup the safeties and try to get him running East/West to utilize the sidelines as the 12th defender because once he hits a hole and breaks through to the second level, he's just about unstoppable against high school competition.

What makes that return even more amazing is that on our previous offensive series, he came out of the game with a severe limp (aggravating an ankle injury that's nagged him all season) and we didn't think he was going to be available for a last minute drive. The mere fact that he was on the field at all had to be uplifting for the boys.

I'm just hoping that Taj, Ty Clemons (our senior QB) and TJ Rahming (our outstanding WR who is actually faster than Taj) are all healthy for the matchup against North Gwinnett on Friday. It should be a hell of a game.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Some hellacious games in the semi-finals in Georgia, along with torrential rains & t-storms that delayed several games in the metro area

-- Lamar Co wins over Benedictine 10-7 with a FG as time expired
-- Aquinas hits their PAT after Mt. Pisgah missed one minutes earlier, 17-16 win
-- #1 ranked defending Class A champ ELCA goes for two in OT and fails, falling to Calvary Day 35-34 (ELCA had missed a PAT earlier & struggled kicking all season)
-- Tucker scores with just over two minutes left to take their first lead of the game, then gets an INT and runs out the clock to beat Gainesville 20-14 (they'd missed the PAT)
-- Charlton Co beats Irwin Co 34-33 as the teams combined to miss their final 3 PAT's (2 by Irwin, one by Charlton)
-- Marist & Carrolton are entering 4th OT as I type this
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #77
chadritt
High School Varsity

Lovett over Brooks county to face Lamar Co in the finals as well.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yep, that just ended a few mins ago (I think) ... Carrollton beats Marist 46-44 in 4 OT.

McEachern trails N. Gwinnett 24-14 in the 4th, Colquitt Co leads Norcross 9-7 but are still in a weather delay.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #79
cougarfreak
College Starter

3 of our state championship games were played in Bowling Green, KY today. As that snowstorm blew through. Talk about a game changer. Wow.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Norcross intercepts a pass with :14 left after Colquitt got across midfield. Norcross wins 14-9.

They'll face North Gwinnett, who recovered an onside kick and ran out the clock in a 27-21 win in a downpour.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #81
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
My old high school was supposed to play for the state championship tomorrow, but the icepocalypse has pushed the game back to next Tuesday. If they can pull off the upset, that will be 3 titles in a row.

Nolan Catholic football title game postponed until Tuesday | Football | DFWVarsity.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #82
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NJSIAA members veto expanded state playoff format

New Jersey is one of only two states that doesn't crown an overall class state champ in football. Instead there are 24 state champions, the private schools do overall champs for each classification but for public schools it's only up through the state sectional level and that's it.

Apparently when the state association was founded in the 70s, the bylaws didn't provide for an overall title in football, so it took a constitutional change to amend it and most ADs were against it either because the season would be too long or it might alter the tradition of Thanksgiving day football games that a lot of schools have.

But 24 schools claiming a state championship is sort of silly.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #83
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
But 24 schools claiming a state championship is sort of silly.

"Sort of" ?

Down here we're upset that there's now 7 each year instead of 6 ... and a fair number of us haven't really gotten over there being more than 4.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #84
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
"Sort of" ?

Down here we're upset that there's now 7 each year instead of 6 ... and a fair number of us haven't really gotten over there being more than 4.

Apparently it's only NJ and MA that are like this and Massachusetts is starting theirs next year, so it'll only be Jersey. Some of the people in that article said that in two years, they might be able to develop a proposal; that the bias against the most recent one was that people couldn't envision how it would work.

So now that they know what the problems are -- protecting Thanksgiving games and make sure the season doesn't into basketball season -- I anticipate them figuring out something.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #85
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
So now that they know what the problems are -- protecting Thanksgiving games and make sure the season doesn't into basketball season -- I anticipate them figuring out something.

fwiw, ours always runs into basketball season, always has. Football championship games are next week, most teams will have played 3-6 basketball games (of 20-22 total) by then. "Football schools" sometimes try to backload their region games til after the first of the year (or even limit their Nov / Dec schedule a bit) but that's pretty much the biggest consideration it gets. Somehow everyone has managed to muddle through
Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #86
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
On Tuesday night, on a game delayed by the icepocalypse, my old high school picked up their 7th state title (6 of them coming in the past 7 seasons) in a 24-21 win.

Nolan rallies past Prestonwood, wins third straight state title, seventh overall | Top ...
Old 12-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #87
Senator

Aledo Texas a few doors down going for 1000 points. Already set national record for points in a season.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #88
chadritt
High School Varsity

At least one Muschamp is guaranteed to keep his job as Lovett wins its first GA title since 1970. My dad, aunt, brother, and I all went there and I was there all 14 years so thats kinda cool.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #89
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Aledo Texas a few doors down going for 1000 points. Already set national record for points in a season.

Just looked to see how they did last night (29-6 win) and thought something sounded familiar about them.

Sure enough, it's the team where the coach was (absurdly IMO) accused of "bullying" by a disgruntled opponent parent.
Aledo coach cleared of bullying allegations | Football | DFWVarsity.com
Old 12-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #90
MrBug708
Head Coach

Pretty big game tonight in California

Saturday: Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco vs. Concord (Calif.) De La Salle at 8 p.m.
De La Salle is the state's top team and once again is loaded on both sides of the ball. Defensive end Sumner Houston is an Oregon State commit and one of the most physical lineman in the region. Sophomore Boss Tagaloa plays on both sides of the line and will be in the running for top overall recruit out West in the class of 2016. The line was also bolstered by the transfer of junior Kahlil McKenzie, son of Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie. McKenzie, who can play on both sides of the ball, played in Wisconsin a year ago and is a sure fire top 100 player in the class of 2015. After being banged up earlier in the year, Arizona State safety commit Das Tautalatasi is back and had a strong year. He's only playing safety, after playing running back his junior season but he'll be one of the biggest hitters on the field. Talented junior Simba Short is another BCS player for the Spartans and will be one of the region's top linebackers next year and defensive back Kevin Griffin is a talented cover corner who has committed to Washington State. Larry Allen Jr., son of former Dallas Cowboy Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen Sr., is one of the top lineman in the west region and anchors the Spartan offensive line. Bosco has an embarrassment of riches with 13 players holding Div I offers. Jaleel Wadood is the No. 3 safety in the west and the UCLA commit will play a variety of offensive roles for the Braves and is one of the most dynamic players in the region. Naijiel Hale, the No. 5 corner in the region, has committed to Arizona and rush end Malik Dorton, among the state's top pass rushers, has committed to USC. The Braves best defensive lineman this year has been Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, who's currently leaning to UCLA and Washington. Wide out Shay Fields is a USC commit and one of the most explosive pass catchers in the region and cornerback Chandler Hawkins has committed to Air Force. The top recruit on the team is massive offensive lineman Damien Mama. Mama is the nation's top guard prospect and has his choice of any school in the country. Talented junior quarterback Josh Rosen is the No. 2 signal caller in the 2015 class and is well over the double digit offer mark. Sophomore running back Sean McGrew has been strong all season and blew up last week rushing for over 350 yards and seven touchdowns.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #91
Senator

High School Football thread 2013/2014

Texas Allen-Pearland game sets UIL national championship attendance record with 54,347 http://t.co/vEhOAk5GiT

Last edited by Senator : 12-21-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #92
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Texas Allen-Pearland game sets UIL national championship attendance record with 54,347 Crowd of 54,347 makes Allen-Pearland the most attended high school game in Texas history | Dallas Morning News

Wow!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #93
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Texas Allen-Pearland game sets UIL national championship attendance record with 54,347 Crowd of 54,347 makes Allen-Pearland the most attended high school game in Texas history | Dallas Morning News

I actually caught a little of this game flipping through the Fox Sports channels. It was hella-impressive to see Jerry World packed like that for a high school game. Probably doesn't hurt that Allen is a damn big school that's not far from the stadium.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #94
Senator

This from the game tonight

Old 12-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #95
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Pretty big game tonight in California

Saturday: Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco vs. Concord (Calif.) De La Salle at 8 p.m.
De La Salle is the state's top team and once again is loaded on both sides of the ball. Defensive end Sumner Houston is an Oregon State commit and one of the most physical lineman in the region. Sophomore Boss Tagaloa plays on both sides of the line and will be in the running for top overall recruit out West in the class of 2016. The line was also bolstered by the transfer of junior Kahlil McKenzie, son of Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie. McKenzie, who can play on both sides of the ball, played in Wisconsin a year ago and is a sure fire top 100 player in the class of 2015. After being banged up earlier in the year, Arizona State safety commit Das Tautalatasi is back and had a strong year. He's only playing safety, after playing running back his junior season but he'll be one of the biggest hitters on the field. Talented junior Simba Short is another BCS player for the Spartans and will be one of the region's top linebackers next year and defensive back Kevin Griffin is a talented cover corner who has committed to Washington State. Larry Allen Jr., son of former Dallas Cowboy Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen Sr., is one of the top lineman in the west region and anchors the Spartan offensive line. Bosco has an embarrassment of riches with 13 players holding Div I offers. Jaleel Wadood is the No. 3 safety in the west and the UCLA commit will play a variety of offensive roles for the Braves and is one of the most dynamic players in the region. Naijiel Hale, the No. 5 corner in the region, has committed to Arizona and rush end Malik Dorton, among the state's top pass rushers, has committed to USC. The Braves best defensive lineman this year has been Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, who's currently leaning to UCLA and Washington. Wide out Shay Fields is a USC commit and one of the most explosive pass catchers in the region and cornerback Chandler Hawkins has committed to Air Force. The top recruit on the team is massive offensive lineman Damien Mama. Mama is the nation's top guard prospect and has his choice of any school in the country. Talented junior quarterback Josh Rosen is the No. 2 signal caller in the 2015 class and is well over the double digit offer mark. Sophomore running back Sean McGrew has been strong all season and blew up last week rushing for over 350 yards and seven touchdowns.

Bosco has been up all night and leading 20-7 into the 4th. But with 4:38 left, Bosco is up 6 and punting from inside their own 10.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #96
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's about time the South got some wins vs the north
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #97
cartman
Death Herald

The $60 million stadium at Allen High School might have to be partially demolished due to some shoddy construction practices.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...l-teardown.ece
Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #98
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Lincoln County coach Campbell retires; state’s all-time football victory leader with 477 | Prep Zone: High School Sports blog

After years of his incessant whining about public/private all I can say is "good riddance". I really don't think there's ever been a figure in HS sports I truly & sincerely came to genuinely despise more than this guy. His utter cowardice on that issue tainted his legacy forever as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #99
tarcone
Coordinator

Our coach resigned. He had one good season. But that was because we had a kid at QB that ran a 4.4 40. Won a district title. But beyond that we win a couple game sa season.
The hire was one of the assistants. Nice guy. Big ideas. But things wont improve. We only get 40 guys out a season. So the freshmen get beat up and quit. Its a vicious cycle right now.

By the way, out coach was George Hinkle. He played pro for the Chargers.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:09 AM   #100
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Our coach resigned. He had one good season. But that was because we had a kid at QB that ran a 4.4 40. Won a district title. But beyond that we win a couple game sa season.
The hire was one of the assistants. Nice guy. Big ideas. But things wont improve. We only get 40 guys out a season. So the freshmen get beat up and quit. Its a vicious cycle right now.

By the way, out coach was George Hinkle. He played pro for the Chargers.

I wish we could send you some....

We will have 170+ kids out for JV and Varsity when spring ball starts Monday, plus another 80-90 Freshmen that come out in the fall. It's like herding Cats for the first few days