Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

"Juries buy that kind of crap all the time. Someone sues for $10 Million on a case worth $250,000 tops, and the jury thinks they've been fair when they award $500,000."

From what I've seen (through the media, anyway) is that juries nowadays give them what they ask for. No less than half. And I understand all of that. It's all posturing and trying to get as much as they can. It's the fact that they are trying to get as much as they can that bothers me.

Like I said, she sueing is nothign I would care about, it's that she's asking for so much money. It's that she's asking for ANY money. I know everyone tries to get as much as they can for every little thing. That bothers me. No one takes personal responcibility for anything.

In this case, I would say it's that she got except from classes, due to no fault of her own, but at the same time she souldn't expect special treatment. I think her getting exempt from classes and having to share coval honors is a great balance.

She says "gimme gimme gimme". And I hope the judge gives her what she deserves. A nice, long lecture on how she's taking everyone's time and money.

And it's funny. In doing a little research on her, she's very involved in the community, she's very involved in school activities. In other words, she helps a lot. What allows her to help a lot is the funding the school and town gets to pay for these programs. Now, she wants to take that money away. Ironic?

I agree with mckerney, I hope this blows up in her face.

Well, anyway, here's hoping it gets thrown out before it gets to trial.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 05:59 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

All I really would like to know is:

Did she get screwed out of whatever she rightfully earned or does the math work out that she really is tied for whatever if they're judged on the same math.

If the latter, then screw her & she's theoretically smart enough to know better. If, on the other hand, the other candidates really don't deserve it, then I guess I'm gonna be the one person here who probably would have decided to screw 'em back. If it takes heavy punitive damages (assuming she's actually the rightful solo award winner) to keep the admin from pulling the same stunt again, so be it.