Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #51
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Guess there will still be a demo released a week before the Nov 2 release.

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #52
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
This is my problem with the series too... It's too deep to be a yearly title I say, especially without backward compatible saves.

this, I bought '12 and never fired it up.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #53
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Basically, MP is kinda like internet hotseat almost.. you all have to be on at the same time: Someone launches the game as a server, and others connect to it.. Past years, you had to muck about opening ports on your firewall and doing a lot of scut work to try to be able to play MP. This year it will be done through steam so probably will be much easier and simpler. If so, I will be running a FOFC netgame.

Also: RELEASE DATE TOMMORROW!

Wait, before I get everyone's hopes too far off (DaddyTorgo, looking at you, don't run off just yet!).. this means the Release Date will likely be out tommorrow, apparently according to Miles's Twitter feed.

So it's still internet hotseat, though -- we can't submit files like FOF?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #54
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Was checking out the SI forums and noticed someone posted a 35% off preorder deal. It will cease after 100 redemptions. I just ordered using it, so it is probably still running. Dropped the price down to 26 bucks!

35% off FM13 pre-order- limited time offer

Thanks for posting. I was going to wait for the Steam Christmas sale but $26 and a beta copy 2 weeks early equals easy decision.

Only snag I had was my CC company thought Green Man Gaming was a suspicious site and stopped the initial charge. Had to call and confirm the purchase. Never had that happen before.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Thanks for posting. I was going to wait for the Steam Christmas sale but $26 and a beta copy 2 weeks early equals easy decision.

Only snag I had was my CC company thought Green Man Gaming was a suspicious site and stopped the initial charge. Had to call and confirm the purchase. Never had that happen before.

I had the same problem and it ended up being too much of a hassle for me so I just decided to wait.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #56
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So it's still internet hotseat, though -- we can't submit files like FOF?

Correct
Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Missed the date cuz i was in the hospital last night...nice!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #58
Bobble
College Prospect

Dang it! This was the year that I was going to skip the new version so I could keep going in my save and FINALLY get a team from Blue Square North to the Premiership. But, I caved and pre-ordered FM13.

It'd be nice, SI, to have the new version be saved game convertable (if not saved game compatable). #SadPanda

Last edited by Bobble : 09-29-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #59
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Dang it! This was the year that I was going to skip the new version so I could keep going in my save and FINALLY get a team from Blue Square North to the Premiership. But, I caved and pre-ordered FM13.

It'd be nice, SI, to have the new version be saved game convertable (if not saved game compatable). #SadPanda

It'd be lovely and one day I hope to make that the case for FMH ... but its a holy grail and not something which will happen easily (simply put far too much stuff changes in competition formats and database formats each iteration), sorry.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-29-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #60
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
It'd be lovely and one day I hope to make that the case for FMH ... but its a holy grail and not something which will happen easily (simply put far too much stuff changes in competition formats and database formats each iteration), sorry.

Can FM not take on a more customizable aspect to it, so that the changes can be made easily and on the fly from year to year?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #61
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I've always wondered if it would be possible to only import your current database of teams since the attribute setup, at least to the untrained eye, seems to stay the same? Even if one lost the history he could still start a new game with a team he built, players he already knew, and a backroom staff he was used to. I suppose this could be stopped by a licensing issue? Team A is licensed in v12 but not v13 so legal issues would not let you import them into a new game?

I suppose this would also cause many headaches like in v12 I'm in 2024 so could a new game be started in 2025 in v13 with my v12 database? It would kind of suck if I could start a new game in v13 but had to start in 2013 with a squad from 2024 even if there was no history. I would still know and it would take away my ability, if I wanted to see some history, of loading up v12 to review what happened in any of the seasons after 2013 and be able to feel like the games were even connected at all.

When I first bought FM(WWSM) I hoped for an OOTP type import\continue and really didn't understand why it would be so hard. As I've played FM for 6 years now I understand the complexity of it and though would love to see some type of way to continue I "get it" that it may never get in and if it does it certainly won't be easy.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #62
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
Can FM not take on a more customizable aspect to it, so that the changes can be made easily and on the fly from year to year?

The game is already fairly custommisable (ie. people can create and add leagues which we don't implement ourselves) - the problem is mainly one of adaption ignoring the database (which is under our control BUT which is problematic in terms of creating raw data mid-stream), rules and sizes of leagues change quite often in soccer and its whether possible to adapt from one league situation/size to another.

For instance you're in 2025 and you port your game into FM2013 - now say for instance the World Cup has expanded from 32 to 64 nations how does your game take that into account - it'd have to look at your current year, ascertain whether you're in a qualifying stage and if so stay with the old setup until the entire world cup completes then switch to the new one, if you've just completed a world cup but not setup a new one then it'd be safe to switch to the new standard .....

(and thats one relatively simple case out of literally hundreds which are possible - harder ones are where a league merges with another or gains or loses links with other leagues, think of the Scandanavian Royal league which was effectively several national leagues which combined in one competition ...)
Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #63
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:

Speaking of FMH...will we hear anything about the 2013 version soon?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #64
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Speaking of FMH...will we hear anything about the 2013 version soon?

Hopefully in the near(ish) future I'm contrained in what I can say by the PR people at present - but hopefully they'll spill the beans (and let me gossip) soon ...
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #65
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

So when should I keep my eye out for a sale on FM12? I own FM 11 and would like to upgrade to 12 and usually run a version behind so FM 13 is not really something I looking at right now.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #66
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
So when should I keep my eye out for a sale on FM12? I own FM 11 and would like to upgrade to 12 and usually run a version behind so FM 13 is not really something I looking at right now.

12 was $7 and change in the last Steam sale. Had a daily deal at that price between then and now, also.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

So is there a way to get the daily deals updates or is it one of those check back every day?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #68
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
The game is already fairly custommisable (ie. people can create and add leagues which we don't implement ourselves) - the problem is mainly one of adaption ignoring the database (which is under our control BUT which is problematic in terms of creating raw data mid-stream), rules and sizes of leagues change quite often in soccer and its whether possible to adapt from one league situation/size to another.

For instance you're in 2025 and you port your game into FM2013 - now say for instance the World Cup has expanded from 32 to 64 nations how does your game take that into account - it'd have to look at your current year, ascertain whether you're in a qualifying stage and if so stay with the old setup until the entire world cup completes then switch to the new one, if you've just completed a world cup but not setup a new one then it'd be safe to switch to the new standard .....

(and thats one relatively simple case out of literally hundreds which are possible - harder ones are where a league merges with another or gains or loses links with other leagues, think of the Scandanavian Royal league which was effectively several national leagues which combined in one competition ...)

What if I said I would be happy to just continue the league structures,
competitions, World Cup rules, etc. that were there in FM12? I'd just be happy to play all the same "world" from FM12 but with the new features (new training, new staff roles, improved 3D, etc.) from FM13.

I guess if enough of us wanted it, someone out there would have made a 3rd-party saved game converter.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #69
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Took the pre-order plunge. Being the cheap ass I am I just could not pass it up.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #70
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, the preorder folks will possibly get the beta this week, if everything matches up
Old 10-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #71
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So, the preorder folks will possibly get the beta this week, if everything matches up

Yep!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #72
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ill rotate between x-com and FM
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #73
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

#firstworldproblems

I haven't made the time to listen to any of the podcasts - why are there no longer writeups in text of what the new features are?

It's annoying.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #74
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
#firstworldproblems

I haven't made the time to listen to any of the podcasts - why are there no longer writeups in text of what the new features are?

It's annoying.

Here is a preview that covers some of the new stuff. Don't think it's just me, but the screenshots are jacked up. Almost like he copied the article from another site and pasted it. You just have to remove the thumbnail/th code from the links to see the full shots.

Football Manager 2013 | FMFormation - Football Manager 2013 Preview
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #75
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Here is a preview that covers some of the new stuff. Don't think it's just me, but the screenshots are jacked up. Almost like he copied the article from another site and pasted it. You just have to remove the thumbnail/th code from the links to see the full shots.

Football Manager 2013 | FMFormation - Football Manager 2013 Preview

Thanks - yeah I saw that this morning after poking around the SI forum for a few minutes.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #76
SackAttack
Head Coach

Thanks to Foz, I'm actually going to be playing an FM on launch day. Exciting times.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #77
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
#firstworldproblems

It's annoying.

Agreed. I'd much rather read text than watch videos. I haven't watched a single preview video on FM 13.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #78
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Agreed. I'd much rather read text than watch videos. I haven't watched a single preview video on FM 13.

Same here.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #79
Karim
College Starter

For those of us that play on laptops, what are the chances that SI will provide a skin that is playable at 125% DPI?
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #80
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post

+1. Video previews are annoying. Give me something I can soak in without having to rewind if I feel like I didn't catch something.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #81
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ill rotate between x-com and FM

If FMH is late blame X-Com
Old 10-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #82
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
For those of us that play on laptops, what are the chances that SI will provide a skin that is playable at 125% DPI?

We generally do 'standard' skins - within a few weeks of release however someone has normally implemented a 'netbook' skin which might be what you're looking for?

(FMC itself is designed to be a bit 'bigger and bolder' with regards to text and suchlike and might also suit your needs?)
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #83
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

For those that preordered from Green Man Gaming beta codes are out. Just got mine via email and activated on Steam Now just waiting for release.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #84
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Me too Sweed. I am a little bummed we have our playoffs for the soccer team I coach this weekend. How rude scheduling the playoffs to coincide with the release of FM 2013.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #85
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Holy shit, it's live and downloading now! Good speed too, 2.2 mb/s. Sweet.

Last edited by Sweed : 10-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #86
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

what!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #87
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im getting nothing
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #88
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

DL now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #89
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
im getting nothing

Mine didn't start on it's own. I had to go to my game menu, right click on fm13, and there is an install option in the right click drop down. Hit that and it started right away. And it's ready to play
Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #90
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

18% already
Old 10-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #91
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

And SI forums are down
Old 10-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #92
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

45%
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #93
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im in there, game release crash of site so predictable
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #94
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

BOOYA!!

Damnit - now I want to get out of work and get home and play!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #95
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

installing now
Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #96
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BOOYA!!

Damnit - now I want to get out of work and get home and play!!!

I am SO DLing at work as we speak. 40%

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #97
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

70%
Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #98
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PLAY!!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #99
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

//sadly waves goodbye to my 2012 savegame

It just won't be the same firing it up again I'm sure. Never is.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #100
Flasch186
Coordinator

I bought it. DLing at work.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote