Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #51
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
So you're saying I went too far when I boiled his pet rabbit?

I thought that was too far, but then I found out that there was a bug in the game's hot dog concessions totals over the span of a 50 year career. So boil, rabbit, boil.

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #52
tarcone
Coordinator

Gary, A football game in the works?
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The game is evil. How many days have I lost so far? LOL
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #54
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Gary, A football game in the works?

Second the question.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #55
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm really deep into this game.. kudos to Gary!

Scrapped my Wizards dynasty and now I'm going to take the Timberwolves to the Finals.. well, maybe at some point!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #56
McLovin
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm really deep into this game.. kudos to Gary!

Scrapped my Wizards dynasty and now I'm going to take the Timberwolves to the Finals.. well, maybe at some point!

Hey MizzouRah, has the game been released or is it still in beta?
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Hey MizzouRah, has the game been released or is it still in beta?

Currently on RC10, close to releasing RC20 and then if everything is good, I believe the official release will be within the next few weeks.

There is a .dat file I have (there is an error with the one on the forums but I've corrected it) that you can replace the default with that has all the correct team names/development league names, arena names, etc. which makes things much easier for those who want to start with the real NBA setup.

Then you just need the circle logos from justafan (famed ootp logo creator), courts by rocko and forgot who, but a nice picture pack and you are all set for gaming goodness!

Gary did an excellent job from what I can tell about 10-12 hours into it.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #58
whomario
Pro Starter

There just has been another Beta release that fixes some big problems (position eligibility for example) and also adds the ability to force out a GM and take that spot, i.e. gives you at least some possibility to build up history and then take over any team you want
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #59
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Who needs history? I'm making history!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Bah humbug. I should have bought the beta.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #61
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
also adds the ability to force out a GM and take that spot, i.e. gives you at least some possibility to build up history and then take over any team you want

Yes! Well, Gary just made a new sale. I've bellyached enough about this, so it's the least I can do.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #62
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Yes! Well, Gary just made a new sale. I've bellyached enough about this, so it's the least I can do.

What's the sale? Is it the $34.95 price that I see on the website?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #63
whomario
Pro Starter

He meant that he bought the game, just it was a sale for Gary

I´d wager the next sale/price drop would occur when the NBA season starts.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 06-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #64
Philliesfan980
Banned

You're right, I need to learn how to read better in the morning!

So it seems as though this game is getting pretty favorable reviews. Trying to decide if I should get this, or wait for HR's game.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 06-15-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #65
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I fired it up again about a week ago. Played the Magic. Was totally taken out of the illusion by Dwight Howard attempting 8-15 threes a game. My power forward was chipping in a bunch as well. Of course they were missing nearly all of them. I asked the coach to have them both attempt less, had little impact.

Anyone else see this? We were still somehow winning games, but I wasn't willing to put up with what I was seeing.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #66
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I fired it up again about a week ago. Played the Magic. Was totally taken out of the illusion by Dwight Howard attempting 8-15 threes a game. My power forward was chipping in a bunch as well. Of course they were missing nearly all of them. I asked the coach to have them both attempt less, had little impact.

Anyone else see this? We were still somehow winning games, but I wasn't willing to put up with what I was seeing.

Probably coded to revolt against SVG.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #67
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

What RC # were you playing with?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #68
whomario
Pro Starter

Now i remember what i forgot to mention over at the WS forum... The Magic seem hell-bent (hard-coded) on taking an absurd amount of 3s per game. I went as far and release SVG and try it with 2 different coaches and still there would be 2 or 3 magic each season hitting 250+ 3s and Anderson eclipsed 300 multiple times (way above Ray Allens record)

A rookie PF (thus game created) came in with like 15 tendency to shoot the 3 ball and shot it basically at the same clip as Anderson.

Even on RC9 the Magic would take (and make) 40% more threes than any other team.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #69
Izulde
Head Coach

By the way, I've emailed Gary about this issue and pointed specifically to y'alls posts about the Magic.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #70
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I don't see any issues yet with 3's and my Timberwolves.. but who needs them when you have Kevin Love hitting from everywhere else.

I'm an NBA novice so I can't tell ya'll if stats are in line with RL, but it's a very deep game with a high immersion factor. I play with the simple financial model though.

Gary listens to his customers and has always provided feedback on feature requests.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-15-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #71
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Don't forget you need to update the Default rosters and season disk along with the RC's. Download links are in the same spot. I think this sounds like what may be causing Whomario's problem.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #72
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It was RC9
Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #73
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was RC9

Everything should be at RC11 now.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #74
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

In my chise, Howard hasn't attemped any in 5 games, but your PF Ryan Anderson attempts 10 per game. Looks like in RL he attemped 6.0 per game.. but it's early in my season.. very early.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #75
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In my chise, Howard hasn't attemped any in 5 games, but your PF Ryan Anderson attempts 10 per game. Looks like in RL he attemped 6.0 per game.. but it's early in my season.. very early.

Well that is good news. Means it has been fixed since RC9 when I played. Honestly I couldn't get past a month with Howard chucking up 15 a game.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #76
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that is good news. Means it has been fixed since RC9 when I played. Honestly I couldn't get past a month with Howard chucking up 15 a game.

I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #77
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Sorry boys - been pretty busy getting the game finished up.

I looked into the Howard thing and I NEVER have seen anything like that so my best guess is that somehow an old roster file (and by old I mean an early DDSPB3 one) was being used.

During development I made some massive changes to the structure of the sim engine both to improve the realism of how players play as well as to allow you to be able to influence more the style of your team. A couple of coaches come hard coded with their particular style of play - one of them being SVG and the single post/chuck a bunch of threes offense.

With the older versions of the roster player shot models were made up of a combo of jumper + threes + post + drive + dunk = 100%. I made a change that needed jumper + three + post to equal 100% (of shots taken), drive is now the % of drives v shot and dunk is the % of dunk v layup. So what would have been possible is that the portion of the old formula that accounted for dunk/drive on Howard would be missing and the game funneled it into a desire to shoot three pointers. That's the only way that makes sense (and explains the other increased launching of the other Magic players)

Anyhow - the game is in great shape. I just posted RC12 which is the final beta build with the official release prepared to drop tomorrow. All of the changes and updates and additions over the course of the beta are posted in our forums. I also have a couple surprises in store for the official release tomorrow which should make everyone happy.

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 06-27-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #78
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait for the surprises!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #79
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Would love to see some feedback on this game tomorrow here. I'm probably going to buy, though it may be a week or two until I get around to it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #80
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Would love to see some feedback on this game tomorrow here. I'm probably going to buy, though it may be a week or two until I get around to it.

Ditto
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #81
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've had the game for awhile.. but I'm not a huge NBA fan, so I can't answer stat questions. Started with the Timberwolves and we are off to a great start.

Game is very easy to get engrossed into.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #82
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I'll try and post some screens tomorrow too - the game is even better in full screen mode because you get the different info boxes and daily league news blurbs. Its come together really well - hope some of you will check it out tomorrow and beyond. The demo should be able to be up tomorrow as well for those who want to try before they buy.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #83
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I mentioned there would be some surprises today so I thought I would try and drum up some early excitement with a post about them. The final release will be on sale sometime later tonight.

The 2012 season disk will go on sale tonight as well - this contains the 2012 rookies for now and will be updated again at the start of the season for the 2012 rosters. So if you want to start a season with the 2011 season disk you could buy the 2012 disk (and the 2011 one if you don't have it), import the 2012 rookies at the start of your 2011 season and then play on from there. For those of you unfamiliar with this thread or the recent developments in the game the season disks are not required - they are a separate add on you can buy and it gives you the rosters plus full historical data. The game itself comes with a real roster file but not with all the added historical stuff.

I have also gone ahead and updated the default roster file (free of charge) so that v 1.0 will come with the rosters as they stand today if you choose a "pre-draft" league the 2012 rookies are in there so you can run the draft tonight if you're inclined to do so while watching the NBA Draft.

Thanks to my long time buddy Paul Yuan we will also have a logo, court and jersey set for the "Brooklyn Hoops" that will be part of the v 1.0 download.

I also recently added an easy to mod database file that you can change the team names in just once so that every time you start a new league it would have the proper team names. I don't know if anyone has modded it for the community yet but they probably will shortly and of course there are a whole bunch of mods for courts, logos, player faces etc in our forums.

As always I'll update anything that needs fixing with patches and we'll get to work on getting some historical season disks out in the near future. There will also be a demo with the game so you can try it out first. Hope some of you will give it a shot and thanks to those who already have.

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 06-28-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #84
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So we can finally edit the team names in the season disks?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #85
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Quote:

Its in the RC 12 released yesterday.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #86
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:

Well not technically - you can't edit the season disk file itself but if you edit this other database file it will always overwrite the team names upon league creation whether its using the season disk or just the default files.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #87
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I mentioned there would be some surprises today so I thought I would try and drum up some early excitement with a post about them. The final release will be on sale sometime later tonight.

The 2012 season disk will go on sale tonight as well - this contains the 2012 rookies for now and will be updated again at the start of the season for the 2012 rosters. So if you want to start a season with the 2011 season disk you could buy the 2012 disk (and the 2011 one if you don't have it), import the 2012 rookies at the start of your 2011 season and then play on from there. For those of you unfamiliar with this thread or the recent developments in the game the season disks are not required - they are a separate add on you can buy and it gives you the rosters plus full historical data. The game itself comes with a real roster file but not with all the added historical stuff.

I have also gone ahead and updated the default roster file (free of charge) so that v 1.0 will come with the rosters as they stand today if you choose a "pre-draft" league the 2012 rookies are in there so you can run the draft tonight if you're inclined to do so while watching the NBA Draft.

Thanks to my long time buddy Paul Yuan we will also have a logo, court and jersey set for the "Brooklyn Hoops" that will be part of the v 1.0 download.

I also recently added an easy to mod database file that you can change the team names in just once so that every time you start a new league it would have the proper team names. I don't know if anyone has modded it for the community yet but they probably will shortly and of course there are a whole bunch of mods for courts, logos, player faces etc in our forums.

As always I'll update anything that needs fixing with patches and we'll get to work on getting some historical season disks out in the near future. There will also be a demo with the game so you can try it out first. Hope some of you will give it a shot and thanks to those who already have.

Cool - looking forward to this. Always like supporting our community developers!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #88
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I thought it would be fun to have the game do a mock draft for tonight - you can find details here if you're interested

DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Mock Draft - Wolverine Studios
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #89
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Files are going up and the webstore should be updating shortly.

If you've been in the beta you can check out this thread to grab updated files

DDS: Pro Basketball 3 Files - Wolverine Studios

If you're curious about what the Season Disks are check out this thread

What is the "Season Disk"? - Wolverine Studios

If you're looking for screens and some highlighted new features see here

Wolverine Studios - Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #90
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Time to uninstall and get the fresh copy installed, get all my mods installed and kick off another season, I guess I'll take the Bobcats this time since they are probably the worst team out there.

Congratulations Gary!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #91
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Time to check the demo out.

One thing I've always wished in this game was that I could get my players to drive/spot-up more and play more the style I want them to play.

From what you've described Gary it sounds like it may have been changed to make that more possible, so looking forward to checking it out.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #92
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Time to check the demo out.

One thing I've always wished in this game was that I could get my players to drive/spot-up more and play more the style I want them to play.

From what you've described Gary it sounds like it may have been changed to make that more possible, so looking forward to checking it out.

Yes, you can change your offensive style preference to one that puts an emphasis on driving more or whatever of the options available you prefer.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #93
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I may check this out, I enjoyed the previous versions although I am not a huge NBA fan. Will the game run on Vista?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #94
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

It should work just fine on Vista - download it and run it as a demo and see if you like it
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #95
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
It should work just fine on Vista - download it and run it as a demo and see if you like it

Ok thanks Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #96
spleen1015
Coordinator

Gary, when do you think there will be more season disks available? I am very interested in playing with 1978 and 1979.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #97
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for letting us make it easy to change the names of the teams, so we can start a new game and not have to edit the teams each time.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #98
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks for letting us make it easy to change the names of the teams, so we can start a new game and not have to edit the teams each time.

+1

I wonder if it would be possible for Gary to add arena names to this file?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #99
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Gary, when do you think there will be more season disks available? I am very interested in playing with 1978 and 1979.

I've got a guy working on 1976 now and he's going to move forward from there and I've got 2011 complete, the 2012 rookies and will update the 2012 rosters this fall and then will try and work backwards. Once we get 76-2012 done then we'll move onto the older ones.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #100
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
+1

I wonder if it would be possible for Gary to add arena names to this file?

I created an NBA mod file (edited the default.dat file) and made it easy to find the logos, courts, and photo pack. The new default.dat file has the real NBA team names, arenas, owners and logo names - as long as you follow the directions to install the logos.

Let me know if it's easy to understand.

NBA Mod - Wolverine Studios

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-29-2012 at 12:02 AM.