HOT! 130 71.82%
Not... 51 28.18%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #51
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Not really because they still got votes. None of those women are even close to hot either.

None of them hit 50%.

Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #52
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
None of them hit 50%.

None of them should have hit 1%.

Last edited by rowech : 02-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #53
Bad-example
College Starter

Jiggle factor not enough to overcome plain face. Not hot but certainly quite hittable.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Hotness is broken down into requisite parts. That's trying to rationalize away a woman's weaknesses by trying to show she has strengths somewhere else. Hotness simply is or isn't.

See, this is another one of those, "What does hot mean to you?

While not exclusive, when I think of pretty, beautiful, and cute, I'm more then likely considering the facial features in the package. But, when I'm out, and I point out a girl is hot, or a buddy mentions a chick being hot, 9 times out of 10 I'm not even considering the face. To me, hot is a bangability factor. You could have an ugly face but a perfect body and I'd happily call you hot and want to sleep with the chick at the same time.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #55
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
You could have an ugly face but a perfect body and I'd happily call you hot and want to sleep with the chick at the same time.

I graduated from high school with a girl who would make you reword that. It was typical for guys to say her last name with it sounding like a dog was howling. Even as a person who tends to be kind in describing people, her face was a beta tester for the ugly stick. I did see her on FB recently and wondered if by some miracle chance her face caught up to the rest of her. Um...she did not age well. At all.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #56
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
To me, hot is a bangability factor. You could have an ugly face but a perfect body and I'd happily call you hot and want to sleep with the chick at the same time.

And thus, the schism between the younger single guys and the older married guys.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #57
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
To me, hot is a bangability factor. You could have an ugly face but a perfect body and I'd happily call you hot and want to sleep with the chick at the same time.
This is why I think that some of these alleged hotties get votes. You are probably in the majority here and that helps explain the voting.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #58
spleen1015
Coordinator

I believe everyone has their own tastes, opinions, etc.

My opinion is this is the hottest picture on the internet. It is also my opinion that if you don't agree with me, you must like penis.

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #59
MJ4H
Coordinator

You guys are doing a lot of mental gymnastics to try to account for something simple. We don't all like the same things.

Oh yeah and Alison Brie is amazingly hot. What the hell is wrong with you guys that don't think so?

MJ4H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #60
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

My opinion is this is the hottest picture on the internet. It is also my opinion that if you don't agree with me, you must like penis.

I'm with you. Look at that nip placement.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 02-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #61
molson
General Manager

Quote:
See, this is another one of those, "What does hot mean to you?

While not exclusive, when I think of pretty, beautiful, and cute, I'm more then likely considering the facial features in the package. But, when I'm out, and I point out a girl is hot, or a buddy mentions a chick being hot, 9 times out of 10 I'm not even considering the face. To me, hot is a bangability factor. You could have an ugly face but a perfect body and I'd happily call you hot and want to sleep with the chick at the same time.

Ya, that's what I think of as hot too, but I think a lot of people require some kind of emotional connection - like someone can be a 10, but if they don't have a crush on them, they're not "hot". I've always thought of the word as being more broad. I don't have to be personally attracted to someone, I don't have to have butterflies in my stomach or whatever to recognize that they're hot. Woman do that with each other all the time, they can recognize when their female friends are hot, or sexy, without having a personal, emotional, romantic, or physical connection. Heck, I could recognize that a dude is hot.

Michael Jordan's a great basketball player. If you disagree, you're just wrong. I look at hottness the same way. It's a little more difficult to quantify looks + sexiness + talent + etc than basketball skill, so there's a little more room for disagreement. But I still think that's what hot is, it's not whether you have special personal feelings for someone.

Last edited by molson : 02-19-2012 at 01:22 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #62
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I don't have to have butterflies in my stomach or whatever to recognize that they're hot.

I don't disagree with this general take on "hotness" BUT one of my criteria is something along the lines of "is my first take consistently 'oh yeah, for days on end'".

One of the things that sways me to No votes frequently is when I find some other gut reaction consistently competing with that general line of thought. In this case "damn, her head is the wrong size for her body" and "damn, pity the face don't match the body" are at least equally prominent. I literally have a hard time getting past those things to get to the body without trying ... hence my No vote.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #63
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
You could have an ugly face but a perfect body and I'd happily call you hot and want to sleep with the chick at the same time.

"Butterface" is not a subset of "hot".
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #64
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

Preach on, Brother!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #65
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm not a boob man, but hers go a long way
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #66
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sorry, but, she has sloppy boobs. She's pretty, but, not hot.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #67
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Sorry, but, she has real boobs. She's pretty, but, not hot without the big ole fakies.

Different strokes I guess
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #68
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Different strokes I guess

Big bouncy sloppy boobs do nothing to enhance a contestants hot or notness. She would be much much closer to hotness if they were Bs or Cs.

EDIT: Oh you thought I like store bought boobs. That would be a negative.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 02-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #69
Danny
Head Coach

I'm just having fun. I can assure I do not take anything I or someone else says in these HoN threads very seriously. Unless it is about the backside, then it is game on.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #70
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Big bouncy sloppy boobs do nothing to enhance a contestants hot or notness. She would be much much closer to hotness if they were Bs or Cs.

EDIT: Oh you thought I like store bought boobs. That would be a negative.

She doesn't have large breasts... If you are talking about Alison.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
DanGarion
Coordinator

Don't make me login with all my alts and give her more hot votes. Come on guys, she needs to beat Kate Upton!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #72
Danny
Head Coach

Alison should be top 10
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #73
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Don't make me login with all my alts and give her more hot votes. Come on guys, she needs to beat Kate Upton!

For some reason that made me think of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #74
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm just having fun. I can assure I do not take anything I or someone else says in these HoN threads very seriously. Unless it is about the backside, then it is game on.

Hehe. Definitely didn't take it in a harsh or serious way.

Hey, I'm with you on the backside thing. Maybe if there were more pictures of her booty, I might be swayed to change my vote.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #75
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
She doesn't have large breasts... If you are talking about Alison.

They look to be D sized. I could be wrong though.

D as in: Deez bewbs are too big.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #76
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Is "sloppy" some sort of new West Coast slang or lingo for "awesome", "rad", "dope" or some similar type of super positive word? If not, you're using it wrong.

Nope. In the picture of her in the gray tank top, when I look at her chest, for some reason, Marty Feldman comes to mind.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #77
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope. In the picture of her in the gray tank top, when I look at her chest, for some reason, Marty Feldman comes to mind.

Heh. Whatever dude.

I'm starting to believe that people are being disagreeable just to be disagreeable.

It is like HoF voting. If my guy didn't get a high %, then I'm not going to vote for other folks to get a higher %.

All in good fun.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #78
JediKooter
Coordinator

Nah. I just have my own set of high standards on who gets my hot vote. It's the 'whole package' thing for me. If I think something isn't up to snuff, she doesn't get my hot vote. Just because a candidate doesn't get my hot vote, it doesn't mean I think others are making a mistake by voting them hot. They just have different standards than I do. No biggie.

Unfortunately, there's only two choices...hot or not. If there was a 3rd choice, I think most of these women would get that 3rd choice. Of course, I assume that 3rd choice would be something along the lines of cute/pretty/sexy, etc...

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #79
cuervo72
Head Coach

Interwebs says 32C. They're plenty ample.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #80
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Nah. I just have my own set of high standards on who gets my hot vote. It's the 'whole package' thing for me. If I think something isn't up to snuff, she doesn't get my hot vote. Just because a candidate doesn't get my hot vote, it doesn't mean I think others are making a mistake by voting them hot. They just have different standards than I do. No biggie.

Unfortunately, there's only two choices...hot or not. If there was a 3rd choice, I think most of these women would get that 3rd choice. Of course, I assume that 3rd choice would be something along the lines of cute/pretty/sexy, etc...

Do you have similar standards in your regular life? Like, would you never be able to consider a girlfriend "hot" unless she blew away all the girls on California beaches, etc. (I think that was one of your previous "no" explanations, that a particular celebrity would just be an ordinary girl where you lived).
Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #81
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you have similar standards in your regular life? Like, would you never be able to consider a girlfriend "hot" unless she blew away all the girls on California beaches, etc. (I think that was one of your previous "no" explanations, that a particular celebrity would just be an ordinary girl where you lived).

I do not have similar standards in real life. It's already hard enough for me to get laid and putting up roadblocks to that, is not in my best interests. Plus, baring some strange twist of riches and celebrity that would befall me, I think there's a better chance of the Beatles getting back together than me actually dating one of these women. I see these hot or not votes as not much more than entertainment. Kind of like, if you were stuck on an island and you can only have 3 things, type of thing...I'm going to be more picky.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #82
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I do not have similar standards in real life. It's already hard enough for me to get laid and putting up roadblocks to that, is not in my best interests. Plus, baring some strange twist of riches and celebrity that would befall me, I think there's a better chance of the Beatles getting back together than me actually dating one of these women. I see these hot or not votes as not much more than entertainment. Kind of like, if you were stuck on an island and you can only have 3 things, type of thing...I'm going to be more picky.

Getting laid is something different, we all have much lower standards there, but would your "hot or not" determination be different if it was women you knew or could date? Or is there a different scale for celebrities (even if you've never heard of them before they're posted here)? Like all these people that point out flaws in these celebrities, do they think their girlfriends/wives are hot?

Edit: I know I'm in the minority here, I think I've voted hot every time (except for Kathy Griffin I think). So I very well may not be doing it right, or just have a completely different perspective. I just see a lot of hot chicks. I don't have special crushes on them or anything, but they look like hot chicks to me.

Last edited by molson : 02-21-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #83
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Getting laid is something different, we all have much lower standards there, but would your "hot or not" determination be different if it was women you knew or could date? Or is there a different scale for celebrities (even if you've never heard of them before they're posted here)? Like all these people that point out flaws in these celebrities, do they think their girlfriends/wives are hot?

Edit: I know I'm in the minority here, I think I've voted hot every time (except for Kathy Griffin I think). So I very well may not be doing it right, or just have a completely different perspective. I just see a lot of hot chicks. I don't have special crushes on them or anything, but they look like hot chicks to me.

I have to admit, for me at least, I do have a different scale for celebrities when it comes to the hot or not thread. I also try to not let their personality get in the way of my voting. That only leaves me with their outside appearance and I'm going to be more critical than I normally would be. Outside the thread, my irrational scaling of a woman's hotness or notness is pretty much the same across the board, but, personality plays a huge role. It's easy to point out someones flaws, especially in a thread like this. Does it translate to how someone feels about their wife/gf? I have no idea since everyone is different.

That's just it, I think there is no wrong answer or wrong way to do it. I don't think anyone is wrong either, when they vote not. When I point out why I didn't vote hot, that's nothing more than my rationalization as to why they didn't earn my hot vote, not that I think anyone is wrong. I also think the banter back and forth is fun too as long as it isn't mean spirited.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #84
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think you're doing it wrong, molson. I think everyone has different definitions of what they find hot.

Natalie Portman got 86%, but I wouldn't vote hot for her. She doesn't have the body type that I consider to be hot. I prefer women with some meat on their bones in most cases. Mila Kunis is a good exception for me. She's very skinny, but her face and the fact that she has an exotic look to me makes her hot in my book.

Everyone just has their own definition of hot. Poppy Montgomery is another good example. I think she's pretty damn hot and would put her higher than a lot of the ones with the high percentages in these polls and she didn't fair very well with the masses here.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #85
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I can't believe she's only at 71%. That's didsturbing

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #86
Izulde
Head Coach

I feel like we've got a war on our hands surrounding the Upton/Brie question.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #87
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Maybe an either/or spinoff thread is in order?!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #88
Caine
n00b

Quote:

Her eyes are creepy, and I don't find her that all pretty. Then again, I don't find Kate Upton "hot" either.
Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #89
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree with this and probably take it a step further. There are probably hundreds of millions of girls that can get dressed/glammed up and walk into a room and get noticed. For me, it has to be better than that (like get on a stage and be a hot rocker chick). For those chicks that some think are hot because they showed their tits and asses on TV/movie, those are dime are dozen and most of them don't know how to act hot. So it has to be more than just dressing sexy or showing T&A.

Last edited by Buccaneer : 02-21-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #90
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I agree with this and probably take it a step further. There are probably hundreds of millions of girls that can get dressed/glammed up and walk into a room and get noticed. For me, it has to be better than that (like get on a stage and be a hot rocker chick). For those chicks that some think are hot because they showed their tits and asses on TV/movie, those are dime are dozen and most of them don't know how to act hot. So it has to be more than just dressing sexy or showing T&A.

Yes, definitely sounds like we are pretty close in thinking on this. I'm just more picky/strict on who gets my hot vote than I would in every day real life. I don't need to see boobs or ass to tell if she's hot or not. Although, tight fitting clothes are always nice.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #91
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Someone might have said this (and I long ago voted hot on her), but I just got through watching all 4 seasons of Mad Men. She is sooooo hot on that show.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #92
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Since we're talking opinion, I don't beleve the word hottest means what you think it does.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #93
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Someone might have said this (and I long ago voted hot on her), but I just got through watching all 4 seasons of Mad Men. She is sooooo hot on that show.

I was part way through season one and I'm not seeing it yet. I might have to get back to at least finishing the season. The show is decent, but it doesn't really grab me either.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #94
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I was part way through season one and I'm not seeing it yet. I might have to get back to at least finishing the season. The show is decent, but it doesn't really grab me either.

ONLY DECENT!? Not only do you have shitty taste in college football teams...
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #95
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Season 1 is probably worth finishing, the rest get very soapy & lost me pretty quickly. Some very fine moments after that (there's a death in the office scene that's probably the most spot-on moment about advertising ever filmed) but too much meh for me to stick around for them
Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #96
GrantDawg

Please don't bag on MM. I came in with pretty low expectations, but it has such a buzz around it I thought I'd give it a try. I am so hooked now. The soapy parts aside, just the true representation of the time period is so fascinating. So many shows have tried to pull it off, and they just don't "get it" like MM does. Like:

1. Most shows will put the characters right in the middle of major news events of the day, whereas MM just allows the characters react to them in the way most people living at the time did. The closest this show came to doing it was Pete Campbell's dad dying on the first major jet crash. But that came about because the actor playing the role died in an accident right before that episode, so it was sort of organic. But no one was suddenly in Dallas when Kennedy was shot. No one was caught in the embargo when the Cuban missile crisis happened, etc. Other shows do this and it is so silly.

2. Having nearly the whole office campaigning for Nixon because it was good for their business, and showing that Kennedy barely and questionably won that election, instead making him the paragon and everyone for Nixon be the villain with a cape.

3. Dealing with the casual racism/sexism of the day without having some character with a more modern moral compass judging everyone and putting them in their place. There isn't single character that is a member of the KKK, or really hates women. But they all show the social racism of the day in the way it would be. And the sexist attitudes are rampant. Yet, Peggy is probably the most progressive character and she is not even that progressive. Most shows would have a character way more advanced morally and socially being the judge and jury about everything that happens. This show just portrays "this was what it was."

I will admit the story-lines gets soapy. I will say they do a good job subverting expectations. They do a good job of showing the consequences of a hard life, without getting to zen on punishing bad actions (drink too much, you get the hangover. Screw someone over, and you don't always get punished for it. Heck, you get rewarded sometimes). The characters are real and complex, though especially the Don storyline is a little over the top in the secret identity thing. Overall, I just find it by far the best period piece I've ever seen on tv, and definitely the best showing that time-frame.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #97
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well put, GD. I love how Mad Men just allows the show to exist in its time period, rather than have the actors "make history".

Oh, and even Don's secret identity is handled well and you can believe that story.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #98
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Most shows would have a character way more advanced morally and socially being the judge and jury about everything that happens.

So does Mad Men, probably more so than most shows.

Last edited by Buccaneer : 02-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #99
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

... and who would that be?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #100
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
So does Mad Men, probably more so than most shows.

Really? Who? I can't think of a character on the show that is more socially advanced than the time. Heck, Peggy dislikes Swedish people (because the Norwegian and the Swedes had an animosity at the time, and maybe even now. IDK). Give a character and example.