Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #51
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I get the joke of having Vader in there, but what is the reason for 'shopping in Jason Sudeikis?

I have no idea who that is or why they put him in there. I just recognized Vader.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #52
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
There is probably more anger over the class disparity there then there is over this shooting. The shooting was just the spark that ignited the frustration over high unemployment and the growing chasm between the wealthy and poor.

From what I can tell its partially frustrations with the austerity program, increases in cost of education and unemployment causing the protests ... however the rioting is mainly from ars*holes who are just interested in trying to get a few freebies and cause chaos.

I expect now that theres increasing publicity of the ones who have been arrested being processed through the system and 'going down' things will start to calm down somewhat in the next few days as they realize that they haven't had a 'free lunch' .... and thus be more reluctant to get involved going forward (thats my hope anyway).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #53
Ksyrup

The thing about rioting now versus back when the LA riots happened is... TVs are much easier to carry around now. One person can pretty much run away with a pretty awesome 40+ inch HD. Try that 20 years ago.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
TVs are much easier to carry around now. One person can pretty much run away with a pretty awesome 40+ inch HD. Try that 20 years ago.

"Prison officials say health care costs have risen due to the unusually high number of hernia repair surgeries that have been required recently"
Old 08-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #55
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just heard from one of my sisters who lives far from the chaos, that another of my sisters that lives near Bristol has had to go and stay with some friends because things are getting worse in that area. Everyone is safe thankfully, but a lot of scattered chaos still.

BTW - That is some good insight Marc, I hadn't thought of that, but you are right in that is likely a big factor as well.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #56
rowech
Pro Starter

This is really just a small preview of what's going to happen in the US at some point down the road.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #57
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have no idea who that is or why they put him in there. I just recognized Vader.

It's not actually Sudeikis (SNL cast member, currently can be seen in Horrible Bosses), just a guy that I feel looks a lot like him. So, umm, basically just a dumb joke on my part that probably no one got
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #58
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This is really just a small preview of what's going to happen in the US at some point down the road.

I keep thinking this same thing. How much BS will this country take from both political parties?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #59
Ksyrup

As much as we've taken for 200+ years?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #60
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
As much as we've taken for 200+ years?

But we didn't have Facebook(tm).
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #61
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
But we didn't have Facebook(tm).

George Washington just tweeted: OMFG!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #62
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At least the rioters, in spite of not knowing what they want, know how to get it.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #63
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

Except all the looters will have to get in their minivans and drive to the local wal-mart or best buy
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #64
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

I can't imagine what would happen where I live if the cops shot a black man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #65
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
It's just a bunch of bitchy kids that have no respect for people's property, like every group of rioters.

This is the closest I've got to so far. Started out as a legit and peaceful protest about the circumstances surrounding the shooting of Mark Duggan, one flashpoint led to small amount of trouble that night, then the opportunists took over.

This was no more political than football hooliganism, just robbery on a huge scale.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #66
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I can't imagine what would happen where I live if the cops shot a black man.

That might have been what this was about the first night but it's become nothing more than a bunch of criminals at this point.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote