MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #52
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
All Pro is a bitch.. that is all.

Pre-snap read is key on all-pro.

Though I'll make the right read and still try to fit the ball in where it isn't suppose to go.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #53
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Pre-snap read is key on all-pro.

Though I'll make the right read and still try to fit the ball in where it isn't suppose to go.

Yeah, me too. The CPU run game, just like on all console sports games, sucks azz.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #54
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, me too. The CPU run game, just like on all console sports games, sucks azz.

That is the thing that bothers me. It's fourth and goal at the one and the Bears line up in a regular I formation. They run it right up the middle and all four of my linebackers ignore the hole and flood to the right side of the field. Most of them running right by this humongous hole in the middle.

I was livid.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #55
korme
Go Reds

Just played the demo and I'm *very* impressed with the presentation and the on-field play. One week!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #56
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

The run game (All-Pro) was really starting to frustrate me to the point of cancelling my preorder, guys wouldn't block anyone. Then I started putting my offensive line in "aggressive" mode on run plays then ripped off a hundred plus yards with Matt Forte.

It never dawned on me to that point that I would have to tell my offensive line to block on running plays... but this is EA.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
The run game (All-Pro) was really starting to frustrate me to the point of cancelling my preorder, guys wouldn't block anyone. Then I started putting my offensive line in "aggressive" mode on run plays then ripped off a hundred plus yards with Matt Forte.

It never dawned on me to that point that I would have to tell my offensive line to block on running plays... but this is EA.

Good grief...

Now the problem is.. getting the CPU to have a running game.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-24-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #58
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Rather than spending $25 on beer and staying up too late I chose to buy the EA Season Ticket. I'm hoping this will save me from wasting $60 in the future on a game I won't enjoy. So I was able to play Madden 12 last night, but I only got one game in. Playing with Stafford and Calvin Johnson is a lot fun, Johnson really attacked the ball when I through it up high for him. Hopefully I will get some more time in tonight.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #59
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I was just thinking about this. I caved and bought the $25 Season Ticket and played Madden late into last night. I'm now thinking I may cancel my pre-order. I came away much more impressed with NHL 12, and I'm wondering how many people may be using the Season Ticket as a free, early rental of the EA Sports Games to determine if they want them at all. That's the takeaway I felt as I went to bed last night.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I was just thinking about this. I caved and bought the $25 Season Ticket and played Madden late into last night. I'm now thinking I may cancel my pre-order. I came away much more impressed with NHL 12, and I'm wondering how many people may be using the Season Ticket as a free, early rental of the EA Sports Games to determine if they want them at all. That's the takeaway I felt as I went to bed last night.

Interesting point and not at all what EA was expecting I'm sure.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #61
Balldog
Pro Rookie

The play by play announcing has to be the worst I've experienced in this current generation, it is horrible. Very blah.

Oddest part I experienced was after a 5 yard completion Gus J. and Chris C. went on to talk about how great of a play it was while on the next play I went 61 yards on a run up the gut and they never even acknowledged it because they were to busy talking about that amazing 5 yard completion. They didn't catch up with reality until the kick return.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #62
Kodos
Resident Alien

Seriously thinking of cancelling my order and going back to Madden 2008 on my laptop. I hooked it up to the TV, and it looks fine. Obviously not as nice as current gen, but good enough, really. Some gameplay stuff from the current games isn't there, but it does have Madden and Michaels in the booth, a ton of customizability, and..... in-game saves.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #63
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Ugh...this is not a good sign. I was really hoping this would come out strong and the patch would fix issues with NCAA. Does the early preview let you mess around with franchise at all? Hmmm...what to do. I haven't preordered, so that's something I guess.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #64
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Last year I chose NCAA, but this year NCAA and the superhuman linebackers was a bust for me so I sold it. Will be putting that money towards Madden. I have read the linebackers aren't as bad in madden. I hope that is true.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #65
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpmLG5T2i4E

Fast foward to 1:08 of last night's Rams - Chiefs game.. SUPER LB!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #66
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If it is that rare in madden I will take it. I just can't handle the constant ball hawking LBs in NCAA. Not just great linebackers but even poor ones are able to leap like superman.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #67
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I was able to play 3 games Saturday night and overall was pleased with the experience. On default All-Pro I was able to run the ball and the CPU was able to run the ball. Cutler and Manning were tough to stop in the air, while Tavaris Jackson was horrible.

The pass rush for both CPU and Human seems a little excessive on All-Pro, that would be my only gripe so far with the gameplay.

Last edited by Balldog : 08-29-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #68
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone tried AP on the "slow" setting?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #69
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone who has the early access. Is GameFlow as broken in the release as it is in the demo? I just played as the Bears in the demo and in the two minute drill GameFlow gave me the same play five plays in a row. I prefer the GameFlow as I feel it keeps me honest against the CPU.

Also is it just me or is dynamic player performance not functioning in the demo for offensive players. I just played two games and both times all the dynamic player performances were defensive players. Namely Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, and Brian Urlacher. One would suspect that if this is functioning correctly Cutler should take a hit after an INT and Rodgers should get a +Clutch in crunch time. Is this working properly in the release version?

Good news for me atleast none of the nonesense that killed NCAA for me is in this demo. Bad news is it is EA so I expect either a release day patch to include superhuman linebackers or at the very least them to sneak in somewhere along the way. As bad as I feel NCAA was, I will take this game as is as long as it doesn't have crap like that in it.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #70
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'm on the verge of pre-ordering on Amazon.com. Good decision or bad?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #71
spleen1015
Coordinator

It comes out tomorrow. I would just to go to a store and get it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #72
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Also is it just me or is dynamic player performance not functioning in the demo for offensive players. I just played two games and both times all the dynamic player performances were defensive players. Namely Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, and Brian Urlacher. One would suspect that if this is functioning correctly Cutler should take a hit after an INT and Rodgers should get a +Clutch in crunch time. Is this working properly in the release version?

I don't know. Though I do have a really hard time getting a QB back into the game once I've thrown an INT or a couple of incomplete passes (in the demo).
Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #73
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
It comes out tomorrow. I would just to go to a store and get it.

Amazon's $20 credit is pretty tempting, considering I buy a lot of stuff off the site.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #74
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Anyone who has the early access. Is GameFlow as broken in the release as it is in the demo? I just played as the Bears in the demo and in the two minute drill GameFlow gave me the same play five plays in a row. I prefer the GameFlow as I feel it keeps me honest against the CPU.

Good news for me atleast none of the nonesense that killed NCAA for me is in this demo. Bad news is it is EA so I expect either a release day patch to include superhuman linebackers or at the very least them to sneak in somewhere along the way. As bad as I feel NCAA was, I will take this game as is as long as it doesn't have crap like that in it.

I've had Cutler take hits in the DPP in the demo in more than one game so, yes it is in there.

I ordered the game from Origin (EA's new name for there retail site) as I had a discount code that took it down to ~$45 with free shipping. Figured I wouldn't see the game 'til Thurs or Friday but UPS shows it should be delivered tomorrow.

I've enjoyed the game play in the demo as much as I enjoyed last years NCAA game. Which is to say I've found it very fun. Used some very basic sliders posted by a guy at OS.

100 for all cpu skills
62 for all human
35 speed threshold (he suggests 100 threshold but I like separation and haven't had any issues with it at 35)

Didn't really think they would work just looking at them but IMHO it plays pretty good football. He changed them a bit as he has the full game through ticket now. His current settings..

same deal all skill categories..
90 for cpu
55 for human
100 threshold

Haven't had a chance to try them will just wait for retail game to arrive. I know I won't use the 100 threshold and really with the way the game played at 62-100-35 I don't see a reason to start with anything else.

If running the franchise isn't tedious I see Madden12 being as fun as NCAA 11. Of course time will tell.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #75
Philliesfan980
Banned

They got me again. For $40, it's hard to pass up (even when it proves to be a disaster of a game - I love the NFL that much).

Screw you Jim for not giving me a graphical coach only mode in a simulation game.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 08-29-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #76
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Whoever was in charge of choosing the music for this game needs to be fired.

Either that or forced to listen to each song on the track list on repeat for 24 hours. One at a time.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #77
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Early one game, grain of salt impressions.

I played the Jags on AP defaults with 10 minute quarters (going to bump to 12).

No crowd noise even on 100%, the commentary is lacking, and hardly any penalties (that's been going on forever)

but... the game played a good game of football for my first out of the box game.. really fun...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #78
bhlloy
Coordinator

The concept of starting the preseason with 75 players and getting information on the rookies one game at a time really, really interests me. In fact, that's so interesting that unless the rest of the franchise mode is completely broken I will probably end up picking this up. I've wanted this in Madden for years.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #79
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
I played the Jags on AP defaults with 10 minute quarters (going to bump to 12).

No crowd noise even on 100%

If you played a home game, that sounds pretty realistic to me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
If you played a home game, that sounds pretty realistic to me.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #81
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The concept of starting the preseason with 75 players and getting information on the rookies one game at a time really, really interests me. In fact, that's so interesting that unless the rest of the franchise mode is completely broken I will probably end up picking this up. I've wanted this in Madden for years.

Me too.. I've read where you have to make cuts each day, which is cool.

Lots of pop up stats during the game so players stick out.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #82
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I started a franchise as the Buccs as mostly a test run, but it may end up sticking. I'm sure they will find some "game killing" bug within the next few weeks but the action on the field seems pretty solid for me. I cranked up penalties, moved the game to slow, fiddled with auto subs(found a set on OS), bumped quarter length to 11 minutes to get 120ish plays, but otherwise it is default AP. Really good first pre-season game.

So far seems my first team offense is going to be solid. My backup QB is terrible and my D has gaping holes in it.

Like I said, default AP, in the first quarter Jamaal Charles ran 7 times for 59 yards. And Thomas Jones ran 7 times for 29 yards in the second quarter for the CPU. Pretty good signs as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-30-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #83
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and I hate hate hate the new Franchise mode interface. It is beyond generic. It is literally one drop down menu with baby blue lettering. The background is blacked out. You press LT and RT to cycle between menus and up and down to move within the menu. Terrible.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #84
korme
Go Reds

The two headed monster that is Bruce Gradkowski/Andy Dalton opfficially blows on All-Pro. At least that is accurate- but I'm throwing 5 picks a game. Time to turn CPU Interceptions down
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #85
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just had a bug blow up my second pre-season game. Sigh. Running no huddle towards the end of the second quarter. Prior to this I held Y for no huddle and called an audible into a short pass. Here is the result.....

As you can see, my RG decided to line up slightly to the left and slightly inside of my center. Wilfork is a beast yes, but come on guys. Also my passing icons do not come up and my confused WRs decide to start blocking after it becomes clear the play is doomed.

But look at that grass!

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-30-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #86
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My int's are coming when the play has already developed and it took me too long to pass the ball. It seems faster to me than NCAA and that's a good thing since it's the NFL.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #87
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

How is the franchise mode?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #88
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How is the franchise mode?

I think I'm going to start my Rams chise tonight when I get back home.. the updated rosters look good enough to me.

Forgot to mention I lost 23-7 to the Jags, but had a 95 yard TD pass to Avery on a fade route!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-30-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #89
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Definitely curious to see what everyone here says about franchise as well. I'm really intrigued by the 75 limit preseason rosters. operation sports forums and reviews seem to be all over the place on this game. Franchise will decide if I buy or pass on this.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #90
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I can't sign in to put in my code and I can't play online. Fail. I'm still gonna kick ass against those 11 year olds on Saturday in our local Walmart tournament!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #91
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I can't sign in to put in my code and I can't play online. Fail. I'm still gonna kick ass against those 11 year olds on Saturday in our local Walmart tournament!

Glad you mentioned this because I'll have to see if ours is having one because that would be the best way for me to pick up the game. I've won it once myself, but lost the last time I entered 2 years ago...picked the Pats and went totally against my game style.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #92
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

How many more years is EA's contract with the NFL? I'm really hoping it is up soon so there is some "real" competition...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 08-30-2011 at 08:25 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #93
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Game was really keeping me entertained until that bug made me rage quit. The game was really competitive against the Pats. Was 14-10 Pats and we were driving down field looking to take the lead before the half(the subs would have started the 2nd half).

We hit Brady early and make him fumble on their first two possessions, but he had come back and hit on 16 straight passes including two TDs. Will give it another shot on Tuesday.

I can't speak for long term Franchises(Bill Abner says development is the best it has ever been), but assuming you can put up with the small bugs like the one I found, and the worst PbP the series has even put out then you will have a great time with the gameplay.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #94
Dutch
"Dutch"

I don't give a shit about the gameplay, I just need it for Maddenator.

SHIT, it's been 4 years since it came out on the PC.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #95
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Game was really keeping me entertained until that bug made me rage quit. The game was really competitive against the Pats. Was 14-10 Pats and we were driving down field looking to take the lead before the half(the subs would have started the 2nd half).

We hit Brady early and make him fumble on their first two possessions, but he had come back and hit on 16 straight passes including two TDs. Will give it another shot on Tuesday.

I can't speak for long term Franchises(Bill Abner says development is the best it has ever been), but assuming you can put up with the small bugs like the one I found, and the worst PbP the series has even put out then you will have a great time with the gameplay.

I popped it in and played a game. I really, really enjoyed the running game. It felt good following blocks and fighting for extra yards. I didn't really get too involved with the passing game, but it seemed ok as well.

I simply cannot believe how bad the commentary is in this game. The worst I've seen in any sports title in at least five years, maybe more. A couple of gems from my game:

- Quinn hits Decker with a perfect pass on the slant. Decker drops the ball. Quote from the game: "He has to make better decisions with the football, you just cannot put the ball where he put it"

- McGee drops back to pass for the Cowboys. He has all day because I let the CPU call my plays and on a 3rd and 13 they have me rushing three guys. McGee runs toward the sideline and gets tackled for a one yard loss and a sack. Game: "The offensive line must do a better job. He's running for his life"

- This is my personal favorite. I'm up 17-7 with 3 minutes left in the fourth. I punch it in from the one. Game: "Now the Cowboys are down by the 2 scores, it's going to be really tough for them to come back" Second Announcer after the extra point: "The kick is good and Denver is now up by two scores and in complete control of this game"

good lord. Sound will be muted for this one from here on out.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #96
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just from Abner's lil "notes" pre-reviews I think I'll be taking a pass on this.

Don't like the sound of the FA system (button mashey), doesn't sound like player progression is working well for current stars, sounds like AI sucks at resigning players it should be keeping, and then on the field sounds like super-jumping LB's are there, commentary is brutal, and (something else I can't remember that made me go "eh").

I'll just play NCAA if they get that fixed. Or I'll get rid of that.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #97
bhlloy
Coordinator

I dunno, for Abner that's a pretty positive review. I can live with most of the "issues" there. Is there roster editing for all teams in franchise mode like there is supposed to be with NCAA post patch? If so, I can definitely live with a few star veterans not declining fast enough via the editor.

He's of course 100% right about the passing game (psychic db's who break on the ball the second it comes out of the QB's hand even when in man coverage with their back turned, super jumpy LB's, receivers who make zero play on the ball allowing simple interceptions on any 50/50 pass) but that's EA football games for the last 5 years. It's no better in NCAA 12.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #98
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't like the sound of the "ebay style" free agency, or CPU teams apparently not resigning guys who aren't basically 90+. ebay-style just sounds way too button-mashy for me, and the other thing sounds like a serious franchise mode breaker.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #99
bhlloy
Coordinator

I do agree to a point about the FA system, but when the other option seems to be the CPU doesn't sign anyone and you can get any player you like, it's not that bad. And if I can edit FA who are still in the FA pool onto a team, I'm not sure the other issue is a big deal either.

I can't believe I'm the one defending madden here on this board... but I am intrigued by some of the features they added. If someone can confirm if the editor is in the franchise mode, I might not be able to resist pulling the trigger.

Cue somebody finding franchise breaking bug in the next couple of days.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #100
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I do agree to a point about the FA system, but when the other option seems to be the CPU doesn't sign anyone and you can get any player you like, it's not that bad. And if I can edit FA who are still in the FA pool onto a team, I'm not sure the other issue is a big deal either.

I can't believe I'm the one defending madden here on this board... but I am intrigued by some of the features they added. If someone can confirm if the editor is in the franchise mode, I might not be able to resist pulling the trigger.

Cue somebody finding franchise breaking bug in the next couple of days.

I don't want to have to edit FA who are in the FA pool onto a team every year - that's way more work than I want to have to do on an ongoing basis to enjoy a game.

It's really not that hard either. Fuck them for not fixing it - they don't deserve my money.