Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #51
MikeVic
Head Coach

Gottlieb or the new one? I like both. But I agree with Jose. And she has a great smile.

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #52
MikeVic
Head Coach

dola, really sucks about Alex though!!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #53
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

They both are. But the new one in the opening routine with Pasha. And, yeah, bummer about Alex. Was also sucky to see Allison go out hurt. She is one of, if not my favorite, all-star.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-07-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #54
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I just had to rewind the Ninja routine and watch it again. That was one of the best routines I've seen this season. Dayum
Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #55
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Lauren and Kent eh. I definitely agree with Shankman or whatever his name is. That felt like it was more then just a dance. Great routine
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #56
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Lauren and Kent eh. I definitely agree with Shankman or whatever his name is. That felt like it was more then just a dance. Great routine

Yeah I agree with that too. There was definitely more than chemistry going on there.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife and I thought so as well.

Sucks about Alex, kid is amazing.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #58
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Still not watching this, but I saw that someone was eliminated for the second week in a row due to injury. That can't be good for the show.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #59
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Still not watching this, but I saw that someone was eliminated for the second week in a row due to injury. That can't be good for the show.

No, the injuries and ridiculous judging this season have pretty much ruined the season for me. I was actually enjoying it.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #60
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'm still loving the show but yea, the injuries fucking blow. Especially when it was the best male and best female, in my opinion. Was just terrible.

The judging is meh. I really wonder how much that plays a role in the voting because when I watch the show I fast forward through the judging. I actually thought Tuesday was a very strong show.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #61
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm still loving the show but yea, the injuries fucking blow. Especially when it was the best male and best female, in my opinion. Was just terrible.

The judging is meh. I really wonder how much that plays a role in the voting because when I watch the show I fast forward through the judging. I actually thought Tuesday was a very strong show.

Exactly, it was the best male and female in my opinion too. So that's horrible. Some idiot like Kent is gonna win now.

The judging just pisses me off this year more than any other. I should just skip them, but I usually watch the show live. I'll try to remember the judging things from this past week...

How the Russian Folk got shit on last year or a couple years ago and this beginning dance didn't is beyond me. They were both just shaking their hips, no dancing, no excitement. Shit all over that too then.

Criticizing Adechicke while praising Jose? Jose was in his own style with another b-boy and that performance left a lot to be desired. It pains me that Jose is still there. To me he is a lesser Legace, Dominic, etc and he's gotten further than them. Although to be fair to Jose, that first dance he did... the choreographer told him to act like his cat died or something like that. Of course he's gonna be sad looking. I recall the judges shitting on him that he didn't look as if there was some "hope" to the character. That's what he was told to do!!

Mia with some weird explanation as to why she didn't like the disco. Even Nigel had to intervene and say wtf are you talking about. Adam Shankman seemed lost in some of his critique too.

I think Robert is the best guy left and I hope he wins.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #62
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Jose would have been gone this week if it wasn't for the injury. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Kent is pretty good but his personality is wearing thin. He at least listened to Nigel when Nigel ripped him a few weeks back.

I'm pretty much rooting for Robert, Lauren, or Billy at this point. Robert, is at the top of my list like you. He seems like he is one of the better dancers left on the show, and he seems like a really cool guy, which helps. I agree with the judges though, why the hell he was constantly in the bottom three is beyond me. Maybe he doesn't appeal to the younger demographic due to his maturity.

Lauren seems like a really cool chick, and she has been smokin' (both physically and her dancing) the past few weeks.You can sometimes see in her face that she isn't exactly digging the constant creepy comments from Nigel and Adam.

Billy Bell is an extremely talented dancer. His first routine, was that disco? It can't be because Mia loved it and Nigel was the only one that offered criticism. But whatever it was, it was damn good. And he has produced good dancing the entire season, but he's not the most likable person in the world. I just don't think he is a very peppy person, but whatever. He's damn good.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #63
MikeVic
Head Coach

Kent annoyed me so much with his act, but as bad as it sounds... now that he's acting more normal, it pisses me off that it confirms the beginning was just an act! At least that's my opinion.

Robert is a good dancer and has the best personality. I liked the interactions between him and Ashley too, so it sucks she's gone.

Billy is a freak dancer (so flexible), but he's boring. Lauren is alright too.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #64
Ksyrup

Good Lord, what a trainwreck! Fourth week in a row with an injury.

Quote:
At the end of last night’s So You Think You Can Dance, Cat Deeley announced that contestant, Lauren Froderman, was “with the medics.”

According to some tweets from SYTYCDism.com, Lauren’s dad reports that she was sent to the hospital last night with dehydration and a concussion.

Lauren is the 4th dancer injured on So You Think You Can Dance 7 in as many weeks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #65
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Such a shame to see Billy go. He doesn't deserve it. Adechicke and Kent are not as good as Billy, imo. I'm a Robert fan as well, but I'd rather see him go then Billy. Disappointing.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Such a shame to see Billy go. He doesn't deserve it. Adechicke and Kent are not as good as Billy, imo. I'm a Robert fan as well, but I'd rather see him go then Billy. Disappointing.

Billy is an amazing dancer, but his personality is lacking something. I'm not surprised or disappointed to see him go.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #67
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, and I know my view totally goes against what the show stands for. It's my fault, but I normally reach a point where I just look at the talent and unless your a total dick then I will vote for you. That's probably why with this and American Idol I always reach a point where I just get pissed. The shows aren't designed for what I want, but I'll be damned if I don't keep watching.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #68
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Season had its ups and downs. The injuries sucked hardcore. I am extremely happy to see Lauren win, though. She deserved it.

I'm around Kentmania all the time. I've mentioned earlier that I live by him. It would have been nice to see him win and see the local champion and what not. He was a talented dancer, but I feel Lauren was definitely better then him. And her personality was 10x better, imo.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #69
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Ran across this earlier.

New season starts this Thursday for those of you who are fans.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:55 AM   #70
wade moore
lolzcat

Already have the TiVo setup .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #71
Ksyrup

They are apparently doing a bit of AI crossover, as Tab and Napoleon are choreographing some of the AI finale. I wonder if that means we'll see/hear some AI people singing on SYTYCD? not sure we're going to watch, though. We skipped the last 2 seasons and I can't say I missed it much.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #72
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
They are apparently doing a bit of AI crossover, as Tab and Napoleon are choreographing some of the AI finale. I wonder if that means we'll see/hear some AI people singing on SYTYCD? not sure we're going to watch, though. We skipped the last 2 seasons and I can't say I missed it much.

For me, this is by far my favorite reality show out there. I think it's far better structured and produce than AI.

Beyond that, I really enjoy the dancing and think these kids are uber talented for the most part.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #73
Ksyrup

I'm not a huge fan of dancing to being with, and while I definitely think the show is well done, it has gotten stale for me. Like most reality shows, it feels very much like "been there, done that" after so many seasons.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #74
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I can see that. While I watched all of last season I didn't rush to my DVR like I have in times past. I think that was more to do with the contestants tho. We will see how this season goes
Old 05-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #75
Ksyrup

The other thing is, I really detest 2 hour shows. It was a chore sitting through even 90 minute shows with AI, and sometimes we just FF'd through stuff. I stopped watching Biggest Loser for the same reason.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #76
Ksyrup

So we started watching this show again, and I think a couple season break did us good, because we're really enjoying it so far. Definitely have missed the hot chicks. And we get glimpses of Katy every episode, so life is good.

I'd say the only blip so far was last night's creepy Ringo Starr thing - I sincerely hope that was all an act, because if not, Nigel just exploited a clearly delusional man who has fucked up his daughter's life in God knows how many ways. That went beyond even some of the meanest bits on American Idol from season's past, where borderline mentally disabled people sing and are torn apart by Simon. It was one thing to let her audition, and I thought they let her down OK, but then to send a camera out to the house...I'm hoping that's the guy's shtick and he was part of a Beatles nostalgia show or something - otherwise, that was really uncomfortable to watch.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #77
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Agreed on the ringo bit. There's times I feel uncomfortable watching the bad auditions on shows out of slight embarrassment but that was something else. That was truly creepy and sad if it wasn't an act. It made me squirm.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #78
wade moore
lolzcat

Love this show, guess we should start a new thread for this season.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #79
MikeVic
Head Coach

For the Ringo thing, the way I saw it was that maybe the dad was kooked a bit, but the way the daughter talked to him made it seem like she's just taking care of him and she isn't screwed up really. Her eyes do look like Ringo's though lol.

The last episode (LA auditions) had really good auditions. That one girl that's been trying since season four probably had one of my favourite auditions ever. I don't know how to describe it, but it felt like she was some assassin fighting imaginary ninjas or something. The two sisters were good, that drum major girl, the Japanese pop-and-lock girl was just sick.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #80
Ksyrup

Tremendously disappointed with the female choices this season. Only 1 of my favorites made it - and since I know absolutely nothing about dance, this was the primary reason for me to watch. Caitlynn Lawson is sublime. The others...meh.

Also disappointed to hear that Lady Gaga, Ellen, Megan Mullaly and a couple of other celebrity/guest judges will be on the show. Blech.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #81
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, the ones they highlighted in auditions and hollywood didn't seem to make it for the most part. Out of the females I am excited to watch Ashley Rich, Melanie Moore, and Sasha Mallory. They all three seemed to be really fucking good throughout the first few episodes.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #82
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I don't really know the names until a few weeks in. And its hard to say if I like them based on the little bit you see in auditions/Vegas.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #83
Ksyrup

I saw enough bits to know what I like, and most of what I liked didn't make the show.

That's not to say they can't dance, but... for me, that's not really part of the equation.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #84
Ksyrup

BTW, while I won't give away the entire spoiler, I will say that one of the worst parts of this show that I remember from the last season I watched has already made its return - the injury. I guess it's the nature of the beast.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #85
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That's too bad. I hate how the judges immediately overdramatize those and send them to the hospital and totally eliminate them from the competition based on that. season 2 I think? 3?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #86
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Looks like a fantastic season judging from the first night. Great stuff. I think my favorites were the first pair with the Volcano dance and the last pair with the quickstep. I was totally expecting the tap guy to tank as all tappers have before him, but he kicked some major booty. His partner looked like she was 40 or so . Very surprised they put someone that has already won that many dance competitions in the show.

I wish they would change 3 things however:
1) Lose the cheesy opening where they show each dancer dancing for 3 seconds and announce their name. Totally boring and cheesey and doesn't really tell you anything about them. That's what the little movies before the dances do.
2) Lose the celebrity judges. Megan Mullally? I don't care if you're a fan of the show. I don't want to hear what you have to say as it will be nothing but empty praise. Really liked it when they had Adam Shankman as a permanent 3rd judge. He was good. Tyce would be good too although he choreographs a lot. IU think that's why they usually had a revolving 3rd judge...so they could choreograph occasionally.

3) Stop letting hiphop dancers "slide by". Yes they have energy...by definition really. But too often I hear "Wow you screwed that dance up completely. Congreatulations! YOu were the best of the night! YOur face and energy were so good." Meanwhile they slam every other dancer for the same reasons. 2 years ago that was a big factor. THe judges pretty much gave the title to the hiphop dancer despite him not dancing well in the finale. Granted I do LIKE seeing HH dancers do well and learn other dances.

Jason Gilkerson really really rocks... Looking forward to more of his routines.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #87
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I agreed with Nigel in the auditions when he said Melanie is one of those dancers that from the get go you think, "This might be the winner here," but something pops up and for whatever reason they fall off. That might not happen for this one.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #88
Ksyrup

Just read they didn't send anyone home. WTF is this, Dancing with the Stars? I'm sick of the game-playing on these shows. Just fucking cut someone already. It's not like the audience is even voting to keep these people - it's the judges' decision. So do your job and quit the shenigans.

We haven't watched this week's eps yet, and I'm thinking we never will. Going out of town next week, which will put us 2 weeks behind. I just can't handle shows that take this much time anymore. Only way I get through Idol is we skip so much of it.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #89
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Not only did they not send anybody home, but they made two people dance their solo's twice because they just couldn't make a decision or something... then they send nobody home!

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 06-17-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #90
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

did they do the thing where they had everyone perform in their own style? A show dedicated to it that is? They tried that before and it was fantastic. I wonder if they didn't have that this season and that's why they didn't cut anyone. So that it gave the finalists a chance to perform without fear of cut. Or maybe really they couldn't decide.

K I wouldn't give up on this show. There's some great stuff. Far better stuff than bad singers of idol. And actual judges that criticize.

Oh yeah all the episodes of online on the fox site. Very nice. About time.

Actually though, I didn't see any really bad performances in that first episode. THere was one I didn't like that much. I think it was hiphop.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #91
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Only two dances into this weeks episode so I could be proven wrong in a few minutes, but....

Did they finally mute the crowd during performances? If so, thank fucking god.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #92
StrangeWay
n00b

I love Melanie and Marko
StrangeWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #93
Ksyrup

We still haven't watched the first week of live performances, and now it's looking like we're going to bail on the show entirely. I just can't do 3 hours a week.

I'm seeing that the ratings are headed toward abysmal, though. Down to just over 5 million viewers this week, and a 1.9 in the 18-49 demo. I think it was over 7 million a couple of weeks ago. Ouch.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-30-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Don't know if anyone watched this week or noticed, but the first couple that went this week dedicated their performance to Bob who is a friend of the choreographers. He is one of my father in laws best friends who is battling cancer and is a big ballroom dance fan. He used to have lessons from them and isn't doing well. They gave him 6 months 8 years ago so I guess you can't ask for much more.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #95
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWay View Post
I love Melanie and Marko

Probably my favorite couple in the history of the show
Old 05-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #96
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'll just post in last year's thread... THe Texas auditions had some real stuff stuff. The Exorcist one is probably one of the more well-received auditions I've ever seen. It really was something special. The mom with her kid was cute too, that little kid really seemed to at least know some moves that she was trying to pull off! The Zombie was cool and different too. And a couple of nice stories with the semi-autistic kid and the guy with a mom that is going blind.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #97
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Was tonight the first episode?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #98
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Nigel really has an amazing way of treating people right who are there for a certain reason.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #99
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Was tonight the first episode?

Thursday was, yes.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #100
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Nigel really has an amazing way of treating people right who are there for a certain reason.

He even treats the people right that have no clue why they are there/completely delusional about themselves.