Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #51
RendeR
Coordinator

RIP Chris. You had amazing gifts and a world of troubles. I am saddened that you are gone so young.

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Dying young and leaving behind children are what bother me the most. I wish for his family peace in this time of grief and I also wish that his children are given a positive environment. Rest In Peace Chris.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #53
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sad day for the Henry family, the Bengals and the NFL. I never watched Hard Knocks, so I'll admit I never really knew what was going on with Henry. Glad to see he was turning his life around, but tragic how this one has come to an end.

RIP.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #54
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Stunning. I figured he would pull through. RIP Chris Henry.

I am sure we will hear more about what happened but I am wondering if the broken arm must have made him not be able to brace his fall. I wouldnt have expected this from a world class athlete falling out of the back of the truck unless it was going much faster than I am thinking.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #55
Butter
Coordinator

Horrible news. I was never a fan of Chris's following his much-publicized trouble, but I don't think anyone would wish this on him.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #56
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Eh, pending more details I have to reserve judgment on that a little bit. I think it's pretty much a given that Man+Woman = potential for doing stupid shit.

In my experience you don't have to be chemically altered or even have a significant long term emotional disorder to do something stupid in the heat of the moment when there's boy/girl stuff involved.

I guess what I'm saying is that being "cleaned up" doesn't make him immune from momentary bad judgment in a situation like that, nor does that bad judgment necessarily mean he was messed up in any of his traditional ways.
Damn sure doesn't mean he wasn't, just that I don't think we can call it automatically.

Quite true. Men and women can do some REALLY foolish things when in an emotionally tense situation. Stuff that even the most messed up people may be like "whoa, wtf".

Anyway, RIP Chris Henry
Old 12-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #57
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Eh, pending more details I have to reserve judgment on that a little bit. I think it's pretty much a given that Man+Woman = potential for doing stupid shit.

In my experience you don't have to be chemically altered or even have a significant long term emotional disorder to do something stupid in the heat of the moment when there's boy/girl stuff involved.

I guess what I'm saying is that being "cleaned up" doesn't make him immune from momentary bad judgment in a situation like that, nor does that bad judgment necessarily mean he was messed up in any of his traditional ways.
Damn sure doesn't mean he wasn't, just that I don't think we can call it automatically.

+1. Couldn't have said it any better. Love really screws people up. (and both good and bad ways)
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #58
timmynausea
College Starter

RIP. Most talented WVU WR in my lifetime. Like Swaggs said, he was extremely shy early on at WVU. It's sad that his success came with so many problems. He just didn't seem equipped to deal with it all. And it's even sadder, of course, that he's gone.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It sucks to lose any player, but a former Mountaineer I watched a lot of really hurts.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #60
JS19
College Prospect

Is anyone else noticing the striking resemblance Henry has to those creatures in this Avatar movie?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #61
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Summed my thoughts up perfectly JIMGA.

RIP Chris
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #62
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sorry to hear that he died. I hope his family and friends will be okay.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #63
MikeVic
Head Coach

R.I.P.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #64
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow...he died? wow
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #65
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't have a lot of good things to say about Mike Brown as a GM, but he deserves credit for taking the chance on turning Henry around. He didn't give up on Henry when everyone else had and it seemingly was paying off. It certainly doesn't always work, and I'm not sure it's good business, but Brown really sticks his ass out to try to redeem players.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #66
Dutch
"Dutch"

Very sad end to Chris Henry. RIP.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #67
cougarfreak
College Starter

Sad.........
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #68
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I don't have a lot of good things to say about Mike Brown as a GM, but he deserves credit for taking the chance on turning Henry around. He didn't give up on Henry when everyone else had and it seemingly was paying off. It certainly doesn't always work, and I'm not sure it's good business, but Brown really sticks his ass out to try to redeem players.

Good point and actually refreshing to see. Even better is it seemed Henry was really stepping up and taking advantage of the opportunity, which makes this even more tragic.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #69
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Really sad to see him go so young, despite past mistakes.

Quote:

Big +1 Here
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #70
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Did anyone else see the interview with Chad Johnson? Never thought I'd see him like that...

Rest in peace, Mr. Henry.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #71
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Dude.. One of my favorite players, both for his talent and his turnaround. He was a bigger part of the offense than he'll ever get credit for, and could have been a number 1 in time.. Sucks.. Hope it makes the team come together and make history in Chris and Vicki Zimmer's memory.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:19 AM   #72
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Did anyone else see the interview with Chad Johnson? Never thought I'd see him like that...

Rest in peace, Mr. Henry.

Chad Johnson is pure emotion. Both good and bad. He thrives on it but when it goes the other way it can destroy him. I have no clue what to expect from him the next couple of weeks. I figured it would tear him up.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #73
RendeR
Coordinator

Lets hope it motivates them all to kick ass from here on out.

But if it doesn't I really can't say I blame them either. This fucking sucks.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #74
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

What will Chad do next time he scores a TD? I could see him holding up 1 finger on one hand and 5 fingers on the other and pointing to the sky. I seriously see this happening the next time he scores.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #75
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
What will Chad do next time he scores a TD? I could see him holding up 1 finger on one hand and 5 fingers on the other and pointing to the sky. I seriously see this happening the next time he scores.

Paul Tagliabue approves this $250,000 fine message
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #76
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Anyone see Jay Feely's twitter post?

Saw it on SI's Hot Clicks, "Chris Henry seemed to have turned his life around. But you can't live on the brink of destruction without inevitably falling off the ledge."

Last edited by illinifan999 : 12-19-2009 at 12:05 AM.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:53 AM   #77
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post

Saw it on SI's Hot Clicks, "Chris Henry seemed to have turned his life around. But you can't live on the brink of destruction without inevitably falling off the ledge."

What a fuycking loser freely is.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #78
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post

While I think most people think/say this, and it would be okay for a reporter to say it, you have to be stupid to say it as a player. It's only 15 yards for roughing the kicker. I choose Tank Johnson to pickup the penalty.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #79
molson
General Manager

A few interesting tidbits from the 1st interview with the fiance:

Fiancee recalls moments prior to Chris Henry's death - ESPN

-"He jumped," she said. "He jumped. He jumped from the back of the car."

-"I think he thought maybe he was going to land. He was going to land right,"

-She also told Barr that she didn't stop because there was nowhere to stop on the road.

Last edited by molson : 01-05-2010 at 10:32 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #80
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
A few interesting tidbits from the 1st interview with the fiance:

Fiancee recalls moments prior to Chris Henry's death - ESPN

-"He jumped," she said. "He jumped. He jumped from the back of the car."

-"I think he thought maybe he was going to land. He was going to land right,"

-She also told Barr that she didn't stop because there was nowhere to stop on the road.

Something isn't right about that interview. It would make you think that they were all happy & smiling & wonderful. That he ended up in the back of the truck somehow and she doesn't know how, so she carefully drove at a slow speed to where it might be safe for him to get down, but for some unknown reason he jumped.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #81
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

She may have been going a slow speed, but I'd imagine even a jumping out of the car at 15 MPH would be the equivalent of around a 8-9 ft fall off a ladder. Smack your head right and it could be lights out.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #82
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
She may have been going a slow speed, but I'd imagine even a jumping out of the car at 15 MPH would be the equivalent of around a 8-9 ft fall off a ladder. Smack your head right and it could be lights out.

There's a lot of stupidity here if she's telling the truth. 1. Intentionally jumping out of a moving vehicle. 2. Deciding not to stop the car because there's "nowhere to stop" - how about just stop where you are?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #83
miked
College Starter

You are assuming either one has the semblance of actual sense or intelligence.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #84
cuervo72
Head Coach

This sounds like something for Mythbusters.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #85
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I could really see an athlete thinking that they could jump out of a moving vehicle going 10-15 MPH and land more or less safely.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote