Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #51
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Seriously, though, Pike's line tonight was ridiculous. 2-4 for 16 yards and TWO TDs... wtf? While Collaros was 17/25 for 205 and 1 INT.

ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #52
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Damnit! I really want Coach Stew to be successful and I still think he has a chance, but that was a sill set of plays.

Running on 3 and 8 at the 25 and then going for it on 4th, rather than kicking a FG.

There's nothing wrong with running it on 3rd and 8, assuming you know you're going for it on 4th down. I think it was actually a great call. UC assuming you're going to kick the field goal, you surprise them and get a nice run maybe picking up the 1st or getting a much shorter 4th down play. If you were debating between going for it and a field goal, then I think it was a stupid call.

All that said, I would have kicked the field goal.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #53
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
I'll be in Fort Worth at the TCU game with my brother (no, I'm not going to wake-up early to be at the ESPN set).

Aww, man, you're not going to watch the Ponies beat my Miners? Though we have done better this year against the spread teams than the run-it-down-your-throat team...see Houston and Tulsa.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #54
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Aww, man, you're not going to watch the Ponies beat my Miners? Though we have done better this year against the spread teams than the run-it-down-your-throat team...see Houston and Tulsa.

If you had told me SMU would be playing games where they could become bowl eligible, I would have told you to put away the mushrooms.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #55
MJ4H
Coordinator

Dexter McCluster is one of the best players in the SEC. If he played like he has the last weeks all year he'd be a Heisman candidate (not lol Snead).
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #56
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas is firing on all cylinders today.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #57
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

24-7 tigers at half. Stadium emptied in q1
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #58
clemsonfan
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
24-7 tigers at half. Stadium emptied in q1

That's awesome! I really wish the game was on up here in Ohio. Butter and I are going to have to get season tickets in a couple of years.
clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #59
Atocep
Coordinator

Tony Gibson is still the worst assistant coach in D1 college football. Some things never change.

At least he's a fairly decent recruiter.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #60
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Forcier, 20 of 25, 188 yards, 7.5 yards per pass, 2 TDs and 0 INTs and yet down by 11. I just don't see this team having a turnaround next year that keeps RR for a fourth year.

With MSU now losing to Purdue, both Michigan and MSU could miss out on bowls games. Going to be a quiet sports section for papers in Michigan during the bowl season if that happens.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #61
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Forcier, 20 of 25, 188 yards, 7.5 yards per pass, 2 TDs and 0 INTs and yet down by 11.

Make that down by 18.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #62
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wisconsin definitely clicking on offense today, but that's not tough to do this year against Michigan.

I feel somewhat bad for Rich Rod, will he be gone or will they give him another year?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tennessee in trouble at Ole Miss, down 28-17 with 1 min left in Q3.

Meanwhile GT has scored 42 unanswered & leads Duke 42-10 about 6 mins left.
110 yds & 2 TD's for Dwyer, 6/10 for 195 & 2 TD's for Nesbitt
Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #64
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Wisconsin definitely clicking on offense today, but that's not tough to do this year against Michigan.

I feel somewhat bad for Rich Rod, will he be gone or will they give him another year?

I think it would be ridiculous not to give him another year.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #65
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Dexter McCluster is one of the best players in the SEC. If he played like he has the last weeks all year he'd be a Heisman candidate (not lol Snead).

The more I see Snead, the more he reminds me of Jay Cutler.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #66
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post

I would give him another year but based on what I've heard and read, he's toast.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #67
MJ4H
Coordinator

The more of McCluster I see the more he reminds me of Felix Jones.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #68
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

35-17 Ole Miss, McCluster just went 71 yds for his 4th TD of the day, he's got almost 250 rushing and there's still 14 minutes to play.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #69
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I had never even heard of McCluster until today, but he is playing his balls off.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #70
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Make that a school record 261 yds rushing for McCluster (303 all-purpose so far)
Old 11-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #71
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Tony Gibson is still the worst assistant coach in D1 college football. Some things never change.

At least he's a fairly decent recruiter.

I wonder if Rod would ever sell him out to save his own skin? He is one of the worst position coaches I have ever seen, but he is Rod's BFF.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #72
Swaggs
Coordinator

Houston is down by 17, to UCF, with about 9-minutes left. A Houston loss puts SMU ahead of them in their half of the CUSA.

Mizzou is up by 12 on Kansas State, who leads the B12 North. If KSU gets knocked out, that would put Nebraska in good shape to win the North. And, Nebraska is probably the most dangerous team from the North for Texas to meet up with in the B12 championship.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #73
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

This is exactly what the Badgers needed to help their positions in the polls. They are getting no love as a 2-loss team(nearly the lowest 2 loss team in the polls for major conference teams). I know it's only Michigan, but it's still a convincing win, something they've been missing out on all season.

If they can get some help they could still be looking at a New Year's Bowl Game, which is always nice.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #74
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Bill Martin is retiring as AD at Michigan, so I'd doubt they'd want to do a head coach and AD search in the same year.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #75
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if Rod would ever sell him out to save his own skin? He is one of the worst position coaches I have ever seen, but he is Rod's BFF.

I think the new AD says he's gone, or RR can go with him. You HAVE to clean house on the defensive side of the ball after this season.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #76
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So Houston is done. Slide the Badgers one spot higher in the polls.

When Iowa or Ohio St loses, I could see the Badgers sliding ahead of them despite having lost to both of them. With Stanzi out the Badgers would beat up on them; and I'm still looking back at this game with complete angst.. if they Badgers win that game they're right in the mix for a BCS Bowl Game, buuuut, it didn't happen so no point in moping.

Assuming Iowa, Houston(already lost), Utah, Arizona, Ok st, Oregon lose at least one more time this year that's five spots the Badgers can climb and then you can count for at least an upset or two somewhere in there. That puts the Badgers somewhere between the 10-15 ranking in the BCS. Just barely on the outside looking in.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #77
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Rod has a $4-million buyout (it may reduce by $500K per year, but not sure). So, if they fired him now, they would have paid $2.5M to WVU to settle the lawsuit, his salary for two years (I think he makes about $2.5-million -- so $5-million there), and then $3-$4-million to buy him out.

That's a $10-million mistake they would be admitting. I think they need to give him another year or two to see if he can make it work (I think he can).
Old 11-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #78
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Mizzou is up by 12 on Kansas State, who leads the B12 North. If KSU gets knocked out, that would put Nebraska in good shape to win the North. And, Nebraska is probably the most dangerous team from the North for Texas to meet up with in the B12 championship.

Mizzou is up 38-12 now. Today's performance by Mizzou only magnifies how crucial their two 4th quarter collapses against Neb and Baylor were. Erase even one of those and Mizzou is right in the hunt.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #79
Galaxy
Coordinator

Scary moment in the Ole Miss-Tenn. game.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #80
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Mizzou is up 38-12 now. Today's performance by Mizzou only magnifies how crucial their two 4th quarter collapses against Neb and Baylor were. Erase even one of those and Mizzou is right in the hunt.

Which just goes to show how terrible the Big-12 is this season.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #81
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm becoming a fan of Stanford. Andrew Luck's dad, Oliver Luck, played for WVU (and a lot of people wish he would become our next AD, as he has been very successful in a lot of different sports businesses) and I like what Harbaugh is doing there.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #82
RedKingGold
College Starter

Penn State blew goats/chunks/flea-bitten prostitutes today but still wound up with a 31-20 win.

Darryl Clark needs to get benched. Any college/pro quarterback can be good when you have hours of time to throw. After Clark gets hit once or twice, he just locks onto the primary receiver or forces the throw into coverage.

Oh, and whoever is responsible for PSU special teams needs to be fired, tarred, feathered, beaten, whipped, spayed, neutered, and defenestrated at the end of the season.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-14-2009 at 02:56 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #83
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, if you are Michigan and you somehow successfully divorce from Rich Rod, who do you go for first? Miles or Harbaugh?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #84
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So, if you are Michigan and you somehow successfully divorce from Rich Rod, who do you go for first? Miles or Harbaugh?

Please don't take our Harbaugh, Michigan!

I want to make out with the entire Stanford O-line. They are playing out of their minds. Hope it continues.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #85
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

14-0 Stanford, eh? Be funny to see USC shut out. I'd really like to see it.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No way will USC be shut out by Stanford's defense. USC has just had two bad turnovers early, one of which should have been reversed. This game is going to be a shootout.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-14-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #87
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:

I know it won't happen, but Brian Kelly would be a tremendous choice.......
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
No way will USC be shut out by Stanford's defense. USC has just had two bad turnovers early, one of which should have been reversed. This game is going to be a shootout.

Allen Bradford with a rushing TD. 14-7. USC is moving the ball very well. They just need to avoid turnovers.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #89
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I have confidence the Stanford D will make stops when it needs to. Barkley doesn't have it yet.

We'll see, though. It's going to be a long afternoon. No easy road victories in the PAC X!!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #90
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I know it won't happen, but Brian Kelly would be a tremendous choice.......

He's not a "Michigan Man," though.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #91
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm not down on USC (I actually like them pretty well), but it is kind of alarming how they have either fallen back to the rest of the Pac 10 or that the rest of the Pac 10 has caught up to them.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #92
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not down on USC (I actually like them pretty well), but it is kind of alarming how they have either fallen back to the rest of the Pac 10 or that the rest of the Pac 10 has caught up to them.

USC will be fine. It's just a reloading year for them. They have a true frosh QB (He will be a great one, just not this year), they lost a lot of their defense, but most of all they have a metric TON of injuries. I'm just glad Stanford is playing them down there this year, and at this time. And USC could still walk away with a win.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 11-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

They are young and beat up. They are without 4 offensive starters right now and 4 or 5 defenders are playing with injuries.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

But today has been painful to watch.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #95
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Stanford needs to keep hanging up points. Second half could have a different mood. They need to force Barkley to put it in the air, because they can't stop USC's run.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #96
Swaggs
Coordinator

Yeah, I guess I'm not too surprised -- it is hard to be awesome for a solid decade. It is just that they have kind or reloaded from year-to-year for so long, that it is odd to see them playing in so many close games this year.

If Sanchez would have stayed, as I'm sure most folks expected, they probably have a much different season this year. That gives Barkley a year to develop and ease into the role. Still, it is odd to see their defense like this.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #97
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:

Not sure whether either is still a choice. I think Harbaugh criticized the athletic department a few years ago, complaining about how academics were a low priority for the football when he went to school (not exactly shocking, but Michigan likes to create the illusion its different than every school). Plus, who knows what went on with the whole Miles debacle last time.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #98
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I haven't heard any rumors, it's just that based on his family's some what creepy website (www.qbforce.com), Tate Forcier has switched teams at pretty much every he's played at.

wow, it looks like every Forcier kid has transfered at least once if not twice. this family seems way way to involved in their kids college life.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #99
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Stanford 21, USC 7 at the half. The two turnovers were huge. The Stanford offense is just a fantastically well-oiled machine. USC needs to get Stanford in 3rd and +5 yard situations then let the chips fall and see what's what. Stanford's offense is deciding what happens. USC's offense can do the same, but Barkley is no Luck, the USC O-line isn't as good as Stanford's, and most importantly

"WE BOW TO NO PROGRAM"

-Jim Harbaugh

USC may come out of the locker room with a different mentality, and Stanford may fold. They did it on the road against Arizona and Wake Forest, and USC has better talent than those two teams combined. I'm super happy, though. USC would be smart to run the ball.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #100
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
If you had told me SMU would be playing games where they could become bowl eligible, I would have told you to put away the mushrooms.

June Jones is a decent coach I still hate the fact that Hawaii wouldn't promise to upgrade the facilities for him...

Last edited by k0ruptr : 11-14-2009 at 04:09 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote