Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2003, 08:34 PM   #51
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Dola.

Frogman thanks so much for the stats...I'm amazed to be doing so well, I'm glad I finally figured things out enough, hopefully I'll last the season now...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #52
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
Dola.

Frogman thanks so much for the stats...I'm amazed to be doing so well, I'm glad I finally figured things out enough, hopefully I'll last the season now...

My heartfelt suggestion, so you last the season: STOP SPENDING

Easier said than done, I'm a compulsive buyer myself

FrogMan
PS: darn, right there I almost felt like I was talking to the FrogWoman (about the spending)
Old 04-08-2003, 08:43 PM   #53
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
You must see something that I don't...I figure Ring of Fire is tough, I think the Nationals are weak, I should have beaten the Heavy Metal team...I'm going to experiment with different formations but until I can finally play friendlies, that will have to wait...of course Samifan has to play me, I'm sure he'll love coming to a small cramped 7000 seat stadium.

Funny you say that. I checked your division on HATStats USA a few minutes ago. Even though some things look kinda weird on the site (your team is still listed as a computer team), it looks like they retrieved all the ratings and I would think their series rankings for div V would be fairly accurate. Well anyway, your series is listed as the 8th toughest of all div V series in the USA...

Mine is listed as only the 180th or so toughest in Canada, division V.

FrogMan
Old 04-08-2003, 08:50 PM   #54
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
My heartfelt suggestion, so you last the season: STOP SPENDING

Easier said than done, I'm a compulsive buyer myself

FrogMan
PS: darn, right there I almost felt like I was talking to the FrogWoman (about the spending)

Actually I have, I have 90k from selling my British 18 keeper, and that has helped, I'm eyeing a cheap solid defender tho, it's hard to look away at one of those if he's under 50k...besides, then I can have versatility at 4-3-3 or the ever growing popular 4-5-1.

I've curbed, I've got a poor keeper as a backup now for Saphou...and I'm waiting on my next youth pull (again going for a keeper)...maybe I'll get an inadequate and drop the new guy, maybe I'll hit paydirt...at least I'm not near Afoci..sheesh, 469k, I'd already have my application ready...
Old 04-08-2003, 09:02 PM   #55
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Actually I have, I have 90k from selling my British 18 keeper, and that has helped, I'm eyeing a cheap solid defender tho, it's hard to look away at one of those if he's under 50k...besides, then I can have versatility at 4-3-3 or the ever growing popular 4-5-1.

I've curbed, I've got a poor keeper as a backup now for Saphou...and I'm waiting on my next youth pull (again going for a keeper)...maybe I'll get an inadequate and drop the new guy, maybe I'll hit paydirt...at least I'm not near Afoci..sheesh, 469k, I'd already have my application ready...

This might be where you'll have a harder time, your youth pulls. That is unless you're of the lucky kind, which it looks like I'm not. Darn I pulled FOUR wretched keeper before getting an inedaquate this week. My youth squad just popped to passable this week...

And I'm currently 366K C$ in the red (that's 183K U$), but I got a 12000 seats stadium, which I filled with 10515 happy fans in my first home game after the upgrade...

FrogMan
Old 04-08-2003, 09:06 PM   #56
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
This might be where you'll have a harder time, your youth pulls. That is unless you're of the lucky kind, which it looks like I'm not. Darn I pulled FOUR wretched keeper before getting an inedaquate this week. My youth squad just popped to passable this week...

And I'm currently 366K C$ in the red (that's 183K U$), but I got a 12000 seats stadium, which I filled with 10515 happy fans in my first home game after the upgrade...

FrogMan

Very cool, I'm glad I haven't expanded...that's where the debt would really come in, especially if I get hammered...the other league with the Qwakers I had no problem holding my own...this one, I may accept the relegation and hammer on some VI's, hopefully get pushed up to a different V division (THIS IS WORST CASE SCENARIO-I don't intend to do it)

That defender is still out there cheap...7 minutes left, gotta go bid.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:14 PM   #57
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Very cool, I'm glad I haven't expanded...that's where the debt would really come in, especially if I get hammered...the other league with the Qwakers I had no problem holding my own...this one, I may accept the relegation and hammer on some VI's, hopefully get pushed up to a different V division (THIS IS WORST CASE SCENARIO-I don't intend to do it)

That defender is still out there cheap...7 minutes left, gotta go bid.

Reason I decided to upgrade right now is because I felt like my new home in div V (just got relegated) was a pretty easy division, with 7 bot teams. So I felt like I could go and repay most of it in a matter of a few home games and then maybe get another upgrade before the end of the season, that would then assure me of a steady income in the future...

FrogMan
Old 04-08-2003, 11:11 PM   #58
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I knew RavenHawk was a cheater!!! He took out my 2 best original player who is now in his 30s. That's just mean!!!
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:49 PM   #59
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The sick truth about Hattrick.

We all turn into shopping crazy women when it comes to spending money on players.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 02:00 AM   #60
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I swear, am I the only one who only makes purchases for things I need?

I haven't made a purchase in the past month except to get a forward to give me a complete team of 11 + 11 + 2 (clown, coach).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:29 AM   #61
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Here's something shocking, this week, not one purchase from the Ultra Nox, what is going on people!?!?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 04-11-2003, 09:44 AM   #62
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I remember when I use to be able to purchase players, I would search the transfer markets all over the world for deals and then impulsively overbid on someone I didn't need driving me further in debt. Then, $200k in debt, no more transfer list players...so sad.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #63
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
I remember when I use to be able to purchase players, I would search the transfer markets all over the world for deals and then impulsively overbid on someone I didn't need driving me further in debt. Then, $200k in debt, no more transfer list players...so sad.

The scary thing is that I /have/ money to burn and I'm not! Though I think I'm going to pull an outfield player this week...when can we pull one, saturday or sunday?!?
Old 04-11-2003, 10:02 AM   #64
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

dola and I'm actually going out of debt...but I'm sure after this week, when/if I lose, I'll really be having a hurt put on me...
Old 04-11-2003, 10:17 AM   #65
robbgmaier
College Prospect

i think quik needs to have a crawfish attached to his sack, that squeezes whenever he goes to the transfer wire.
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:31 AM   #66
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by robbgmaier
i think quik needs to have a crawfish attached to his sack, that squeezes whenever he goes to the transfer wire.

Well here's my plan...I don't plan on contending this year...unless by some act of God I can get a couple of solid strikers (Grewar and Zabawa)...or some wonderful youth pull...if things go really bad...I'm going to sell off another solid defender (I'll start with old man Ollie first)...build a stadium, grab a few inadequate/pass defenders, and train train train, even if it knocks me into VI...I don't think that it will...but if it does, I should have a good team...plus, I feel, that I can tangle with all my FOFC compadres, and still be able to generate high revenue...but for now, I have my best team ready for Ring of Fire (I'm using a different tactic)...good luck to me.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #67
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic
I knew RavenHawk was a cheater!!! He took out my 2 best original player who is now in his 30s. That's just mean!!!

Being mean has nothing to do with being a cheater. My players must have a chip on their shoulders this year because they were never this mean before. Maybe its because I changed out my clowns.