Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Not sure who to start:
Santana Moss
Ten Ginn Jr
Steve Breaston
Percy Harvin

I had Moss starting, but now it seems Boldin will be hampered so I think Breaston is a better start now...?

I would go with Breaston. Especially if he is going to return kicks/punts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.

RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #52
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Well, Big Ben got me 64 points in last nights game. I still have my starting QB Shaun Hill too.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #53
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Im glad I started willie parker last night! STUD!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #54
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

RB Ryan Grant (Home vs. Chicago)

or

RB Cedric Benson (Home vs. Denver)

The way I figure it Grant is the safer bet, but without a lot of upside. Maybe 15-20 carries for less than 100 yards and only questionable on a TD. Benson, on the other hand, faces a defense which sucked last year and is unlikely to change, and even though the Cincinnati offense isn't great (we think), Denver's O with Orton at QB isn't going to be like having Cutler at QB.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #55
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Bell would only be an option if Thomas was out. That's no question.

It's .5 PPR and we get good points (1 for 20) for return yardage, which is why Sproles might be attractive.

Thomas is out.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #56
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Can someone who follows the Eagles closely tell me what the deal is with Westbrook? I'm trying to decide whether to go with him or Ronnie Brown (against the Dirty Birds).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #57
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

PPR league...Clinton Portis or Chester Taylor?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #58
miked
College Starter

My opponent has PHI DEF today. Wow.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #59
MikeVic
Head Coach

Breaston out apparently... wtf.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

shocked I won my game.

Had Gonzalez go for 0 points. Slaton for 2. Got 1 out of Bironas.

Romo got a bunch of points, and Jennings as well. Thomas Jones must have picked up a bunch of garbage points or something.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #61
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

rough rough week for me, the bright spots were Jennings and Ray Rice (though no TD); Matt Schaub looks like the 2nd coming of suck and down goes Johnson with him. I was fine with Chris Johnson struggling against Pitt, but Anthony Gonzalez really hurt me.

And I got zero points from Josh Brown; thank-you Rams!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #62
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Anyone have any good potential waiver wire options for this week? I know it will depend on league sizes, etc, but figured I'd throw it out there.

I've got Chicago's defense, but I'm thinking about grabbing San Diego simply because they play in the AFC West against some ineffective offenses. The only reason I haven't done it yet (and I'm assuming others as well) is because of Merriman's recent issues. Any word on if Merriman will be punished? Thoughts on Chicago vs San Diego?
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #63
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Should I dump Chicago DEF for TEN?

I'm dropping A-Gonz for Carnell Williams and then dropping Earnest Graham for a decent third receiver option (whoever I pick-up I cannot keep for next season: so far I'm leaning towards Chris Johnson, Percy Harvin and Donald Brown).

Were the Rams that terrible to not even get a field goal option, should I grab Rackers?

With Urlacher hurt and the fact that Chi-towns O seems rattled, I'd lean to grab another defense myself...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #64
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Anyone have any good potential waiver wire options for this week? I know it will depend on league sizes, etc, but figured I'd throw it out there.

I've got Chicago's defense, but I'm thinking about grabbing San Diego simply because they play in the AFC West against some ineffective offenses. The only reason I haven't done it yet (and I'm assuming others as well) is because of Merriman's recent issues. Any word on if Merriman will be punished? Thoughts on Chicago vs San Diego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Should I dump Chicago DEF for TEN?

I'm dropping A-Gonz for Carnell Williams and then dropping Earnest Graham for a decent third receiver option (whoever I pick-up I cannot keep for next season: so far I'm leaning towards Chris Johnson, Percy Harvin and Donald Brown).

Were the Rams that terrible to not even get a field goal option, should I grab Rackers?

With Urlacher hurt and the fact that Chi-towns O seems rattled, I'd lean to grab another defense myself...

I have the Tennessee defense and they did very well for me this week. As for waiver options, not sure who is available in your leagues, but I would pick up Chansy Stuckey (Jets WR), he had a really good day yesterday, and looks to be at least a top-2 receiver for Sanchez this year.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #65
JS19
College Prospect

This is my first yr doing fantasy football, someone care to explain the scoring system? I'm assuming it goes by total points gained for the yr, but I suppose my real question is, does margin of victory matter?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #66
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Depends on your league. Many (most?) leagues are head-to-head, which means the margin of victory each week won't matter, but your overall points scored may be used as a tiebreaker for standings when determining who gets into the playoffs.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #67
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I have the Tennessee defense and they did very well for me this week. As for waiver options, not sure who is available in your leagues, but I would pick up Chansy Stuckey (Jets WR), he had a really good day yesterday, and looks to be at least a top-2 receiver for Sanchez this year.

Stuckey is available, however, I'm 10th in waiver (grabbed Oakland's TE Zack Miller; dropped Vernon Davis - funny thing, the guy that dropped Miller grabbed Carlson, now I feel like a fool).

I like Britt as well from TENN, I'll have to wait and see.

I'm holding off on Cadillac too, chances are, I'm not getting him, so I'll wait and see what happens after the fur flies.

Too early to panic, but Joe Flacco was grabbed hours before I could get him off the wire, he's a guy I'd love to have over Schaub and Orten.

Does anyone think Sanchez is an upgrade, should I monitor him for possible pickup?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #68
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Lots of good defenses to pluck off the wire (Jets, Falcons, Titans, and Green Bay; Seattle is out there too but it was against the Rams).
Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #69
MikeVic
Head Coach

What defenses were drafted if the Jets, Titans, and Packers are on waivers? Those three were drafted in every league I'm in I think (Jets and Titans for sure, and Packers as a sleeper pick).

Last edited by MikeVic : 09-14-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #70
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What defenses were drafted if the Jets, Titans, and Packers are on waivers? Those three were drafted in every league I'm in I think (Jets and Titans for sure, and Packers as a sleeper pick).

It's a 10 team league, I imagine, Philadelphia, New England, Chicago (me), Baltimore, San Diego, New York Giants, that's five right there. New Orleans (vs Det), Carolina (?), Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Arizona.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #71
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I would take any of those three over NE, Chicago, NO, Carolina, Arizona.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #72
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would take any of those three over NE, Chicago, NO, Carolina, Arizona.

New Orleans was just a matchup thing...I'll wait and see...
Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #73
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Stuckey is available, however, I'm 10th in waiver (grabbed Oakland's TE Zack Miller; dropped Vernon Davis - funny thing, the guy that dropped Miller grabbed Carlson, now I feel like a fool).

I like Britt as well from TENN, I'll have to wait and see.

I'm holding off on Cadillac too, chances are, I'm not getting him, so I'll wait and see what happens after the fur flies.

Too early to panic, but Joe Flacco was grabbed hours before I could get him off the wire, he's a guy I'd love to have over Schaub and Orten.

Does anyone think Sanchez is an upgrade, should I monitor him for possible pickup?

Sanchez could be a great option for someone with a poor selection of QB's (like me). In fact, I picked him up this week (assuming nobody else does first, I am 3rd in waiver order). I'm assuming you are referring to John Carleson, the TE from Seattle? If so, he was great this weekend for me. I also started Flacco over Schaub (glad I did too).

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #74
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

A little early in the week but I'll start it off-

QB Peyton Manning - Start
RB Matt Forte - PIT
RB Reggie Bush - PHI
RB Larry Johnson - OAK
RB Cadillac Williams - BUF
WR Reggie Wayne - Start
WR Dwayne Bowe - OAK
Donald Driver, Lee Evans, Earl Bennett Chris Henry....

Basically I start 2 RB / 2 WR 1 flex. Pretty certain I'm going with Wayne & Bowe at WR. RB is a complete toss up though. Forte didn't look great and is playing a great D. Larry Johnson didn't look good but was playing a great D. Cadillac was great and should do good again. I am a huge Saints fan and have a feeling Reggie is going to have a big game. My gut is telling me bench forte, go with the other 3? Is that a good move?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #75
Flasch186
Coordinator

I have LJ and am scared to start him although I feel like he could have a big year (not true wk. 1)

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #76
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I would start Williams and Forte. I know the matchup isn't good, but Forte is still a better start than Bush or Johnson IMO.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #77
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Doug--

I'd rank your backs for week 2: Forte, Williams, Bush, Johnson. Maybe even Johnson ahead of Bush.

Chicago looked like a mess Sunday night, but one of the obvious remedies to Cutler should be to tell him "um, you know that running backs and tight ends are eligible receivers in the NFL, right?" The best remedy for a nervous QB trying to do too much is to call lots of runs and shorter passes. I see Lovie Smith leaning on his horse, Forte, going forward.

Williams seems like the best back that the Bucs have, so he's a lock.

I watch the Saints, too, and I don't think that Bush will have a great game. But, he will touch the ball 15 or so times, and he is a threat everytime he touches it, so you always have the potential for value with him.

Johnson played badly against Baltimore. I think it might be because he has nothing left in the tank. That said, he's still the only back they have.

Again, I'd go back and forth on Bush/Johson as to who to bench. I'd certainly not bench Forte, though.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #78
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

If the league is PPR I'd consider a WR at flex.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #79
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

not a ppr league, so Forte, Williams, _____, I will probably wait until sunday AM to decide- I could go with Johnson- if Bush does great- then good for the Saints, I'm happy. If he does horrible, he was on my bench, i'm not happy- but fantasy wise I made the right move...
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #80
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd play Forte, but you're just going to have to realistically think that his topside is 80 yards receiving/rushing and maybe 2 tds. I guess if you get that, you're happy though.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #81
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Steelers D is obviously tough against the run, but no Troy this week, so I'm looking for Forte to do better than expected (he's one of my starters too).
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 09-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #82
RedKingGold
College Starter

I've got two tough calls this week:

Starting Quarterback: Kurt Warner or Brett Favre?

Case for Warner - Warner is my regular starter. Although the Cardinals offense looked really ineffective last week, Warner still had a shit-ton of passing yards which is why I drafted him. I figure that whether or not Arizona is winning or losing or whichever of the receivers start, Warner will be throwing. Cardinals are playing Jacksonville (who allowed 301 passing yards last week)

Case for Favre - Packers are playing the Lions, enough said.

Current Thought: I'm leaning towards Warner because I also have Bernard Berrian. I figure starting Favre and Berrian is too much risk, especially because Berrian is coming back from an injury this week (although he is practicing with no restrictions).

Flex Spot: Roy E Williams vs. Darren Sproles vs. Devin Hester

Case for Williams: Put up good numbers for me in Week One, but it's clear he's the third option in Dallas behind those running backs and Witten.

Case for Sproles: LT is banged up and it looks like Sproles will be getting a lot of carries this week.

Case for Hester: The Bears treat him more like a #1 option than the Cowboys do Williams.

Other Considerations: In terms of matchups, all are facing tough teams (Williams - NYG, Sproles - BAL, Hester - PIT).

Early Thoughts: I'm thinking of going with Sproles, because at least I'm certain he'll get goal-line work.

Also, here is my current fantasy roster:

QB: Warner, Favre
RB: Gore, Run DMC, Sproles, Mewelde Moore, Sammie Morris
WR: Moss, Williams, Berrian, Hester, Breaston
TE: Heap, Fasano
D/ST: Giants
K: Folk

12-Team League through ESPN using their standard scoring system.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 09-17-2009 at 08:10 AM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #83
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Favre/Wililams for me. Though Sproles could be a decent option.

Sproles could also lose carries to Bennett.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #84
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Until proven otherwise, you really have to go with any QB against the Lions. Hell, even Stafford (on my bench) scored a respectable amount of fantasy points. Your biggest worry is that Favre sits for Jackson early.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #85
Flasch186
Coordinator

Trade Advice

Im being offered Michael Turner and J. Maclin for Roddy White and Thomas Jones (I have L. Washington too).

Thoughts? My current WR corps has White, Moss, Ward and Crayton
Currently at RB I have Jones (+Washington), LJ (+his backup), Hightower.

thoughts?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #86
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Trade Advice

Im being offered Michael Turner and J. Maclin for Roddy White and Thomas Jones (I have L. Washington too).

Thoughts? My current WR corps has White, Moss, Ward and Crayton
Currently at RB I have Jones (+Washington), LJ (+his backup), Hightower.

thoughts?

I'm always leery of rookie WRs. For every Randy Moss, there are a dozen WRs that don't do sh*t their first two years in the league. Is he just a throw-in to make the rosters even?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #87
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Ok, who would you drop LeSean McCoy for (who I am still high on, so if the answer is neither let me know):

Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #88
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Ok, who would you drop LeSean McCoy for (who I am still high on, so if the answer is neither let me know):

Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart?

If we're talking your #4 or #5 RB, I'd stick with McCoy. Of the RBs starting ahead of those three guys on the depth chart, Westbrook is the most fragile, and McCoy has the most upside if he has to be the premiere back. And I think he was actually the highest-scoring RB of those 3 week one. If it's a PPR league, its an easier question, definitely go with McCoy.

If you need someone to start right now, I guess Stewart is the safest bet for a handful of points every week.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #89
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Nah, it would be a speculative roster spot which is why it's a question. I'm pretty high on Jones as well (or, low on Barber) but the injuries worry me.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #90
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I'm always leery of rookie WRs. For every Randy Moss, there are a dozen WRs that don't do sh*t their first two years in the league. Is he just a throw-in to make the rosters even?

yes, but I think that im not gaining a TON to go from Jones to Turner considering ATL's schedule. While Im downgrading a TON from White to Maclin. no?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #91
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Are you PPR? Which Moss do you have (I'm assuming Santana)?

I guess it depends on how high you are on Turner and how low on Jones; I'd rather have Washington that Jones (though I play PPR only) and am not all THAT high on Turner.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 09-17-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #92
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Who do I start:

Matt Schaub vs. Tennessee

or

Carson Palmer vs. Green Bay
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #93
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Are you PPR? Which Moss do you have (I'm assuming Santana)?

I guess it depends on how high you are on Turner and how low on Jones; I'd rather have Washington that Jones (though I play PPR only) and am not all THAT high on Turner.

I have Randy and it is PPR, I like having Jones and Washington to go along with LJ or Hightower.

Im just not sure going from Roddy White to starting H. Ward on a week in week out basis is the smartest move, you?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #94
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

If you have Randy and its PPR you can handle the loss of White. However, since its PPR Turner is not quite the stud he would be otherwise.

Having Hines Ward as a WR2 behind Moss is just fine in my opinion.

I think it's a fair trade, all told, but I'm not sure you need to do it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #95
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Who do I start:

or

Schaub for me, but neither is a great start.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #96
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
If you have Randy and its PPR you can handle the loss of White. However, since its PPR Turner is not quite the stud he would be otherwise.

Having Hines Ward as a WR2 behind Moss is just fine in my opinion.

I think it's a fair trade, all told, but I'm not sure you need to do it.

My team:

D. Mcnabb - B. Favre
T. Hightower, T. Jones, LJ (handcuffed), L. Washington, M. Bush
R. Moss, R. White, H. Ward, P. Crayton, L. Moore, M. Sims-Walker
G. Olsen
M. Crosby
GBpackers

Does this change your opinion OR does this solidify your opinion that I dont need to do this?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #97
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Personally if I'm giving up White + Jones I'd try to find a better PPR fit than Turner. If you held on to Jones and swapped out LJ, I'd feel much better about it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #98
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Who do I start:

or

Schaub

Quote:
Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #99
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Stewart is the safest bet for a handful of points every week.

I would say he's the riskiest. One of his lower extremities has been gimpy since he entered the league, caused him to miss 3 weeks of TC and he's still missing practice because of it. You'll never know he's going to be healthy enough to suit up in any given week.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #100
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Flasch - I don't see how that trade improves your squad, which looks pretty decent right now. It would be doing a trade really just to do a trade.