Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2003, 12:24 PM   #51
condors
College Starter

luke pepper left midfielder from kettering my scout recommanded for 2k we take him and tell him he is in a roation system as our loan bid fell through

we host leigh rmi and score on our own goal to give them a 1-0 victory, i feel like i just kissed my sister

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #52
condors
College Starter

my first team is a bunch of tired players so i play mostly my backups to 5th placed barnet at home and its a close game but we lose 1-0
Old 04-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #53
condors
College Starter

we go to kettering and play well with stadhart getting his 20th and 21st goals we win 2-1
Old 04-05-2003, 01:01 PM   #54
condors
College Starter

we host dag and red outshoot them 16-1 and get a 2-0 win stadhart goes down hopefully he will be ready for our next game
Old 04-05-2003, 01:11 PM   #55
condors
College Starter

we visit 2nd place doncaster we have a possesion edge and they outshot us 8-6 but the game ends with a 1-1 tie stadhart gets hurt again i have a couple first teamers done for the season hopefully it won't be a third
Old 04-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #56
condors
College Starter

we welcome in scarborough who are in 7th while we are in 6th we dominate the game winning 3-0 stadhart scored 2 goals for us to pace the club with 23
Old 04-05-2003, 01:24 PM   #57
condors
College Starter

we visit southport and hold the possesion and shot advantage but they get a 2-1 win at least i am out of contention already so this doesn't sting as much as it could
Old 04-05-2003, 01:40 PM   #58
condors
College Starter

another frustrating game we host nuneaton borough outshot them 16-2 and dominate possesion 32% in their third and 18% in mine and we fail to score luckily so did they. so we get a 0-0 draw
These games have been the thing that have killed my team this season hopefully we won't have the problem of getting a result when we are the better team that day next season
Old 04-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #59
condors
College Starter

my under 19s win the league yet every single player on the team is grayed out so it doesn't mean a whole lot to me also my assitant manager was stolen i tried to offer the job to several other coaches but none of them are interested hopefully i can get something done in the offseason
Old 04-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #60
condors
College Starter

stevenage who won the conferance put an exclamation point on it by beating us 2-1 they outshot us 13-2 they were one of the few teams in the conferance able to deal with mark bentley who normally is just one highlight after another dribbling past guys holding onto the ball then hitting someone in open space for a chance. I need to improve in other postions so when he isn't doing much my team still can do something
Old 04-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #61
condors
College Starter

Looking back on the season i could have done a few things differently but we did finish 14 points shy of the playoffs even though we were in 6th place.

The pros: My tactic designed for the first team worked very well when the first team was playing. The players responded very well to my training and improved across the board(not much by 1 or 2 points of pace accerlation stamina workrate on each player could make a difference next season)

The cons:When my first team was tired or unavailable we stunk i only have 1 backup that is worth anything and that is the left midfielder i got for 2k on my scouts advice(i am not conviced he is decent but played well in limited action). Getting possesion, shots and failing to score losing or tieing games you should win really bothered me last season.

I probally should have loaned 2 players before the season started and when i got some funds i probally should have jumped on a couple players but i enjoyed having a team wage bill of 6k some of our players have yearly raise clauses on their contracts so i will be interested in seeing what they will make next season.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:34 PM   #62
condors
College Starter

stats for the season

gk paul wilkerson played in all 50 of our games letting in 40 goals he is a very good keeper for this level and i hope he remains with us (now valued at 45k)

dl justin skinner 43 games 0 goals 2 assists had 2.29 tackles a game and average rating was 7.11 valued at 30k (i expected more from him not that he played badly just thought he could have done more)

dr-matt lee 44 games 0 goals 4 assists 1.47 tackles 7.04 average match rating now valued at 14k at the start of the season i had replacing this guy as my first priority but he improved throught the season and was doing more than skinner at the end of the year

dc-francis duku 22 games 0 goals 1 assist .65 tackles average rating 6.95 valued at 35k this often injured guy looks the best on paper but has not shown me much on the actual field he is only 24 and has a 20 influence so i am going to give him another season to prove himself to me

dc-nick burton 46 games 1 goal 0 assists 5 man of the matches average rating 7.45 he was solid game in and game out my best defender this past season he is 28 and i hope he continues to stay around our club he has good mental stats and may be a player coach down the road.

ml-jimmy jackson 32 games 2 goals 6 assists average rating 6.81 i expected a heck of alot more from him he has an asterisk next to his name and is team captin but missed 18 games with injuries and frankly we didn't miss him that much (his backup average rating was a 6.80) he may find himself looking for another job soon (darn i hate it when influenctial guys on the team aren't playing up to par)

mr-tostao kwashi- lead the team with 11 assists(i predicated that although i thought he would have around 20) in 35 games averaged a 6.85 he is still by far our best crosser (15) but now he is faster stronger has a better workrate and teamwork ratings acceleration pace and is valued at 60k(i think he was 3k at the start of season) only 23 and has 10 caps now i think his future is very bright with our club

mc-ben white 46 games average rating 7.40 and not a single man of the match he is just consistant and at 20 years old he has a bright future with our club

mc mark bently 37 games 22 man of the matches lead the conferance with an average rating of 8.05 scored 3 goals and had 5 assists but his ability to take the ball in our back third and work it into the oppents third can't be understated he is our most important player and now valued at 110k

sc-simon parker scored 19 goals in 32 games with 5 assists averaged 7.03 rating he did better than i though and if he played those other 18 games who knows what his goal total would have been valued at 3k he is worth alot more than that to me

sc-che stadhart 39 games 23 goals those 11 games he missed hurt he chipped in 3 asssits along the way(why did he pass the ball he is our best shooter?) valued at 14k i wouldn't think about selling him for that

ml-luke pepper was my best guy off the bench but was a late season transfer we shall see what happens in a full season

mc-steve mckimm 27 years old and did an ok job in 12 games hopefully we won't need him so much next season

dc ade pennock 32 years old and played way too often
Old 04-06-2003, 06:57 AM   #63
condors
College Starter

the offseason my assitant and scout are poached by bigger clubs and my physio retires i had almost every unemployed english coach tell me they are not interested in being my assitant i look over the coachs that are currently employed in the conferance and steal leigh rmi's young coach who i feel i can trust and is better than half the unemployed guys who would rather be unemployed than work with me.

playwise i wanted add in some players i am confertable with off the bench i don't want to spend my money right now in case i feel i need someone later, i bring in Stuart Frazier 25 year old keeper who was a backup at 3rd divsion exter he will do the same job here i only had 2 keepers and wanted a third i am not sure my goalie will be able to play every game again this season.

patrick gadley 20 year old defensive midfielder who contract ran out with qpr may get some first team playing time as he looks to have talent

rhys evans-i was not expecting him to come to my club the former chelsa player and current england under 21 goalkeeper signs and is better than wilkerson who freaks out at the signing, he is now unhappy and doesn't like me, i was going to let wilkerson continue to play most of the games but with this outburst he is now a backup and is transferlisted.

Ezy Iriekpen- 21 year old central defender west ham product played in the 3rd divsion last season for cambridge and averaged a 7.23 he will also content for a starting place on this team

there were alot of other players i tried to get but they ended up going to bigger clubs i added depth at goalkeeper, defense and the midfield i may spend my money on a striker as my reserve and backup strikers showed me last season they stink

Only Wilkerson freaked out about having some competition guess that is why he was with my club in the first place(he has alot of talent but i guess he has a bb for a brain)
Old 04-06-2003, 07:18 AM   #64
condors
College Starter

the oddsmakers say we are 6-1 to win the league and my board expects a midtable finish the board and supporters both seem to like what i did last year i want to be in the playoffs this season.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:06 PM   #65
condors
College Starter

Well i thought we would make the playoffs and maybe earn a promotion but sadly the team doesn't live up to expectations i wish i could tell you exactly why only thing i can tell you is we are inconsistant. We finish 10th 16 wins 10 loses 16 draws we score 58 but concede 50

gk-rhys evans played all 49 of our games and conceded 61 goals 7.04 average rating i expected better from him but he played better as the year went on and i am very happy with him

dc-francis duku also played in all 49 games average a 7.00 i am less than thrilled so far with him

dc-nick burton 29 games average 7.37 once again our best defender on the field

dl-justin skinner 28 games averaged 7.03 i got a youth promoted for this position so skinner will be replaced when he contract runs out

dr-matt lee 42 games with a 7.19 rating at 24 he was a solid player can he get better at 25?

ml-jimmy jackson 38 games 6.81 rating very disapointing season from our now x captin

mr-tostao kwashi 23 games 6.32 rating what happened to our wingers???

mc-mark bently 37 games 7.86 rating for the 2nd straight season had the highest average rating in the conferance

mc-ben white 41 games 7.21 rating he was also better last season

fc-che stadhart 46 games 30 goals 12 assists 7.02 he scored more and now has an asterisk next to his name

fc-daniel bent (tried to get him last season but couldn't work out a deal with doncaster this year they sell him for 9k) 25 games 9 goals 4 asissts (he did get 9 man of the match awards so he was doing something right)

hopefully these guys will play together better next year i honestly don't know what to expect after thinking this team was in the top 5 this season i am just hopefull i can improve it and our young guys come into their own. I am also at the currently wage bill so i don't think i am going to have much flexibility next season transfer wise
Old 04-06-2003, 07:11 PM   #66
condors
College Starter

the next season we don't try to pick up any players we have 2 retirements and 8 players contracts ending at the end of the year i am going to try to keep all my first teamers 15 year old left back paul conner will be a new addition to the first team, the coach's have had nothing but praise for him last season i am hoping they are right. We lost close to 200k last season i don't want to repeat losing funds. We did get a better sponsership deal by about 5k a year.

The oddsmakers say we are a 16-1 shot i can't say i blame them i was 10th and my team may have declined losing our left back. We don't have transfer funds or room in our wage bill to even resign all our players so i will do what i can and retool what i have to in the offseason
Old 04-07-2003, 06:06 AM   #67
condors
College Starter

after 10 games i am only 1 point behind the first place team(so are 4 other teams but i have the best goal differance)

My team still has thrown in come clunkers still not 100% sure why this keeps happening, i subbed my 15 year old left back and he was furious for being subbed never mind his condition was 69(which is when i sub guys)

I am happy so far with the results overall hopfully we can keep it up for another 10 games and be right there at the midway point with a nice run in the fa cup i may make some good money this season
Old 04-07-2003, 06:59 AM   #68
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
i subbed my 15 year old left back and he was furious for being subbed never mind his condition was 69(which is when i sub guys)

Uh-oh, seems you've got an potential troublemaker on your team...
Old 04-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #69
condors
College Starter

yeap he looks like he is going to be an arse at 15 he is the 2nd best player on the team and the best fullback this team has seen and a major reason why our team is performing well, he is great at putting pefect thru balls for our strikers/wingers to run to he also has 13+ ratings in all his key attributes already as well as a 18+ in creativity, flair and 15+ crossing and passing, i believe he will be leaving the team the day i give him a pro contract as i am sure he will demand a release clause
Old 04-07-2003, 04:22 PM   #70
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Oh please stop condors before I whip out my credt card and order CM
Old 04-08-2003, 06:32 AM   #71
condors
College Starter

the third season in the conferance for me has 11 games left and unlike the first two there are alot of teams that could still win it. There are 7 teams withing 2 games of the top spot. There are 12 teams within 4 games of the top spot. There are also quite a close battle to avoid the drop at this point. The stretch drive of the season is going to be filled with alot of "must win" games for alot of teams. Twice i have sat on top of the conferance once it came with a 6 straight win streak for me. I am currently 4th but have the 2nd best goal difference. When my team is on we can make the upper half teams look bad when we are not hitting our passes our teams lack of pace is exposed (my fastest central defender has a 9 pace 8 acceraltion and he is my 3rd choice) Up front we have had success with stadhart and bent burying chances and our central midfield doing well but our wingers who where key in my first season and lackluster our 2nd have been very inconsistant but that is probally my fault as i keep changing their instructions trying to get solid games from them game in and game out i know they are quality players as they are both highly valued on my team (compared to the rest of the guys)

I will give an update just as soon as i can finish this work stuff and get home. Work really interferes with my champman time i think i am going to write my congressman as this should be against the law.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:57 PM   #72
condors
College Starter

after 42 conferance games it seems we made the playoffs and have a few more to play

our first oppenent is dag and red we beat them 3-2 and 4-3 for 7-5 win

then we get aldershot for the promotion place after 90 minutes its tied 1-1 it goes into overtime after 120 minutes its still 1-1 penalty kicks. We convert 3 of our 5 they convert 4-5 boy do i feel justified in a season of hard work and endless tweaking of the 4-4-2.

This result was a huge dissapointment while i was happy to get there my team now stands a chance to fall apart as 8 players are out of contract and heaven forbid larger clubs decied they want some of my players. I don't think the board will be happy with a regulation battle next season so i have to try to do whatever it takes to get the promotion next season...
Old 04-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #73
condors
College Starter

i won conferance manager of the year for what its worth and the board is delighted but i feel like i let myself and my players down we were the 2nd best team in the conferance if you go by the stats.

gk-ryan evans 49 games and gave up 51 goals had 14 clean sheets during the season

dl-paul conner 15 games 7.26 has been in bad form coming off an injury never return to match shape

dc nick burton 48 games 7.22 rating

dc francis duku 50 games 7.05 rating

dr matt lee 33 games 6.96 rating bad year for the kid but now has an * by his name

ml-jimmy jackson 49 games 7.16 rating 15 assists not a bad season from him another * player

mc mark bently 39 games 7.75 rating only 12 man of the match awards for him his Worst year yet (still ranked 3rd best player in the conferance though)

mc-ben white 45 games 7.19 rating his worst year so far but i don't think he is past it at 22

mr-tostao kwashi 35 games 6.57 rating i am totally dissapointed with his season

sc-che stadhart 45 games 43 goals 10 assists 7.30 rating another good year for him

sc daniel bent 51 games 35 goals 10 assists 7.76 rating my highest rated player and 2nd overall in conferance

i was able to keep these guys around for another season although i won't have much wiggle room in my wage budget
Old 04-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #74
condors
College Starter

i didn't bring in any new players but i resigned my first teamers and ended up losing almost 200k i am not sure what if any transfers i will be able to make in the offseason although i am looking for a central defender for the bench and a right winger
Old 04-09-2003, 06:01 AM   #75
condors
College Starter

My fourth season i am looking for the promotion starts off with a bad sign, I get an offer for my goalkeeper Evans but i say no as it doesn't meet his release clause he is unhappy, going along both my forwards are unhappy and want to leave as they think the team should be topping the table, my left midfielder wants a new contract, my right midfielder is also unhappy, also add one of my central defenders as a player who wants to leave and both of my central midfielders 8 of my 11 starters are unhappy and want out. I hope to get them out and completely rebuild, the board is unsatisfied with my performance. I am unsatisfied with my players performance as we end up 9th in the conferance. I am looking at completely overhauling my team this offseason every player is available and will bring in free transfers of young players 19-21 years old perferably from permier league teams that let the youth go. I may get the sack its either the team goes or i go and right now i will start rebuilding and may have as many as 11 new starters for next season heck i may not even use a 4-4-2 next year(although i probally will as my wingbacks are happy for the moment).
Old 04-11-2003, 05:26 AM   #76
condors
College Starter

the board being unhappy with my last seasons performance starts blocking(players out) and vetoing(players in) my transfers, after some heated words i give them my resignation, the new manager will have to deal with these underachiving malcontents.