Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #51
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
That's pretty much my idea with the secured card but with a smaller loan amount. It's a good idea. I'm confused though, it'd only cost 15-20 to borrow 1000???

yeah because you are only gonna keep the loan 3 months....make it a 3 year loan, drop the money in a savings account, in 90 days pay it off...you have only paid 3 months of interest. 1,000 loan at 10% would only be $100 a year/4 = $25 May vary a bit on interest rate. Here is the benefit to this system over a credit card, a credit card will only report 1 or 2x MAX per year on GOOD STANDING...get behind and they will rack you up. And even then if they report 10 times it is still one good account 10x. With the small loans it is 10 separate accounts. The reason for 90 days is banks are only required to report loan findings every 60 days....if it is opened and closed between reports it may never show up.

CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #52
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
yeah because you are only gonna keep the loan 3 months....make it a 3 year loan, drop the money in a savings account, in 90 days pay it off...you have only paid 3 months of interest. 1,000 loan at 10% would only be $100 a year/4 = $25 May vary a bit on interest rate. Here is the benefit to this system over a credit card, a credit card will only report 1 or 2x MAX per year on GOOD STANDING...get behind and they will rack you up. And even then if they report 10 times it is still one good account 10x. With the small loans it is 10 separate accounts. The reason for 90 days is banks are only required to report loan findings every 60 days....if it is opened and closed between reports it may never show up.

Ok, that makes sense. Now to find a bank that would loan me that amount. I think I may be better going with a credit union for that one right?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #53
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Ok, that makes sense. Now to find a bank that would loan me that amount. I think I may be better going with a credit union for that one right?
Yes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote