Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #51
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Given your trolling in this thread it's really difficult not to relish the notion of you burning in Hell for all eternity.

Assuming such a place even exists, of course.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #52
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwBbMXYDsXw

This is better...

Old 05-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #53
RainMaker
General Manager

Can a 17-year old sign a legally binding contract? I was under the impression that you have to be 18 years old.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Can a 17-year old sign a legally binding contract? I was under the impression that you have to be 18 years old.

Doubt that argument gets the family very far since, absent any binding agreement, then the school could simply expel the student at will. And the parents almost certainly have a legally binding agreement that makes any tuition & fees paid non-refundable in the event of an expulsion. Haven't seen a private school yet that doesn't have that clause in there somewhere.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #55
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Doubt that argument gets the family very far since, absent any binding agreement, then the school could simply expel the student at will. And the parents almost certainly have a legally binding agreement that makes any tuition & fees paid non-refundable in the event of an expulsion. Haven't seen a private school yet that doesn't have that clause in there somewhere.

I just caught the part in the article that said he signed a statement of cooperation about the rules. The school shouldn't be able to use that against him.

Nonetheless, it's a private school and private rules. The parents are more at fault for sending their kid to a shitty school. It's unfortunate that the kid is the one that has to suffer for the school and parent's ignorance.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #56
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Parent consent for schools is legally binding for its students. You don't have to get the student's permission for changes.

Last edited by Danny : 05-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #57
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the girls at his Christian school can suck a meaner dick than the public school bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
People often claim that they don't have a problem with religion "unless it's shoved down our throats".

Quality sequential posts, guys.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #58
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The college my brother went to just had a major scandal where a senior was making internet gay pr0n to pay his tuition. It escapes me how an individual could rationalize how that would be an okay thing to do, considering it's a fairly conservative presbyterian school and you've signed an honor code/etc. But it doesn't excuse people from sending him death threats. They ended up letting him finish his last two classes somewhere else, the lawsuit was going to be ugly most likely.

Last edited by stevew : 05-11-2009 at 03:55 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #59
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Someone has been watching Liar Liar
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #60
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Someone has been watching Liar Liar
I've never seen it. I just remember signing up for Columbia House as a kid and telling them I was only 16 when they wanted to bill me for not buying their CDs.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #61
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've never seen it. I just remember signing up for Columbia House as a kid and telling them I was only 16 when they wanted to bill me for not buying their CDs.

I did that too! And enjoyed the fruits of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Greatest Hits forever after.....
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #62
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Quality sequential posts, guys.

Hah. Didn't pick up on that the first time.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote