Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #51
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
what the hell is that thread title supposed to mean

I think he's trying to imply that everyone knows JT is gay, so he should just come out. Which would make sense if JT wasn't banging chicks all the time.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #52
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
+1 to all.

This is why in the never-ending death draft I think the death of the M*A*S*H guy is not as valuable as some people in that thread think. People of my generation and younger don't really give a damn about MASH.

Fools.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #53
Schmidty
Coordinator

I love how people come into threads just say, "I have no idea who that is!!!111!!!111". It cracks me up for some reason.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #54
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Who the hell is Schmidty?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #55
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I never really watched it because the theme song was so depressing. To this day, I frantically grab the remote when I here the dreaded noise coming on.

My dad is a huge fan, and would try to make me watch it...so I'd leave the room. Didn't see more than a few minutes of the show. Just hearing the first few notes of that song still drives me crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think he's trying to imply that everyone knows JT is gay, so he should just come out. Which would make sense if JT wasn't banging smokin hot chicks all the time.

Fixed for emphasis.

Last edited by Logan : 05-06-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #56
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Who the hell is Schmidty?

I have no idea, but I'm sure as hell not gonna Google his ass.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #57
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I have no idea, but I'm sure as hell not gonna Google his ass.

That's would be hot.

Last edited by Schmidty : 05-06-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #58
Ksyrup

OK, let me rephrase - who the hell are Schmidty?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #59
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

I'm a huge fan . He was the clock in beauty and the beast. But where i think he is best is on American Experience. He did Chicago and New York, Mormons and Victory in the Pacific (which I'm showing today to my history class) all are awesome.

maybe we should do a draft of best narrators!
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #60
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's would be hot.

We need Swaggs to break out that picture of you!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #61
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
We need Swaggs to break out that picture of you!

I'm getting a little teary.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #62
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I think he's trying to imply that everyone knows JT is gay, so he should just come out. Which would make sense if JT wasn't banging chicks all the time.

Seriously, this dude was banging Jessica Biel. If I have to be gay to do that, I'm ready.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #63
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
If I see it on, I turn the channel.

Based on my childhood experiences, I associate MASH being on TV with no cartoons, super hero shows or sitcoms that I enjoyed at that age being on. I remember always being a little despressed when I heard that opening music and saw the footage of that helicopter.

+1

I basically remember this show not because I watched it, I didn't, but because it signaled the end of kid-friendly TV programming. They might as well have put an Off The Air bulletin up as far as I was concerned.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #64
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Seriously, this dude was banging Jessica Biel. If I have to be gay to do that, I'm ready.

Schmidty - can you tell me who Jessica Biel is?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #65
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty - can you tell me who Jessica Biel is?

I think she was the chick in "Flashdance".
Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #66
Ksyrup

Never saw it.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #67
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Never saw it.

Me either, but I think it had something to do with a song called "Maniac" and leg-warmers.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #68
Ksyrup

That's about all I remember about it. Was she the chick in the leg warmers?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #69
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's about all I remember about it. Was she the chick in the leg warmers?

I think so, but I'm too lazy to look it up.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

You guys are wondering how long it will take before I break in, aren't you? Damnit.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #71
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Four and a half months is my guess.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #72
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Please consider the thread title edited to read
In other news, Lance Bass (and possibly Justin Timberlake) ...

Every time I try to edit the title the editing window opens for a split second & then jumps into the thread.

It was a quick attempt at mixing the traditional Lance Bass "gee what a shock" riff with the who's next that won't surprise anyone & JT was the first boyband name I could think of. Should have just (pardon the pun) played it straight & gone with Bass only. I know less about those guys than today's youth knows about MASH.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #73
Ksyrup

She's #45,826 on my list. I'll let you know when I get there.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #74
Logan
Head Coach

Why Timberlake is the man...he scored an 8.0 on the Sports Guy's Vengeance Scale:

Quote:
8.0 -- Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River" video.

(Note: The most underrated example of vengeance on this list. After Britney cheated on him, not only did he dump her, he put out a best-selling album fueled by a song about their breakup in which he basically destroys her with the lyrics. Just an unbelievable piece of work. It's devastating. I can't even imagine what she did when she first heard it. And if that wasn't enough, he made a well-received video about the song, starring a Britney look-alike. And if THAT wasn't enough, he immediately started going out with Cameron Diaz. By the time he was done, Britney's career was in the tank -- she was chain-smoking and hanging out with backup dancers and white trash guys from her hometown. Now that, my friends, is vengeance. Bravo, Justin. Bravo.)
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #75
Autumn
Head Coach

You take your pick:

Jennifer Beals

or

Jessica Biel

Or we could get back on topic for:

Old 05-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #76
Khorium
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Considering that somewhere in the world there has been a rerun of MASH airing at any given moment continuously for the past 15 years or so, I'm hard pressed to believe that there are many humans left on the planet that haven't seen every episode at least twice. Coma and alien abduction are pretty much the only exceptions.

Or, it could be some of us find the show terribly hard to watch and turn the channel whenever it's on.
Khorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #77
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorium View Post
Or, it could be some of us find the show terribly hard to watch and turn the channel whenever it's on.

{shrug} Guess I just literally never met an adult who hadn't seen pretty much every episode multiple times & knew at least half of them almost by heart.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #78
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
{shrug} Guess I just literally never met an adult who hadn't seen pretty much every episode multiple times & knew at least half of them almost by heart.

I must say that I am not sure if I've literally ever met an adult who had seen pretty much every episode multiple times & knew at least half of them almost by heart. Not that I've asked or the topic has ever come up.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 05-06-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #79
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I must say that I am not sure if I've literally ever met an adult who had seen pretty much every episode multiple times & knew at least half of them almost by heart.

+1

Now can we get back to the Biel vs. Beals debate please?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #80
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
I must say that I am not sure if I've literally ever met an adult who had seen pretty much every episode multiple times & knew at least half of them almost by heart. Not that I've asked or the topic has ever come up.

+1

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #81
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

It's posts like this that remind me how you are able to get by on a day to day basis without killing someone/being killed due to your hardline stance on so many topics.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #82
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's posts like this that remind me how you are able to get by on a day to day basis without killing someone/being killed due to your hardline stance on so many topics.

Leaving the house as little as possible helps a lot too.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #83
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
I'm a huge fan . He was the clock in beauty and the beast. But where i think he is best is on American Experience. He did Chicago and New York, Mormons and Victory in the Pacific (which I'm showing today to my history class) all are awesome.

maybe we should do a draft of best narrators!
Am I the only one (that actually knows who he is) that is always thrown off when I hear him speak in his normal voice? I'm so trained to hear him with his northeastern accent as Major Winchester in M*A*S*H that's always jarring to hear him speak without that accent.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #84
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
When did the damned show run? I was born in 1971. I don't even remember it being on when I was "TV aware." I definitely remember it in reruns, but WTF did I care about that type of show as a kid? I don't know, I just never watched it and it never interested me.

Now, Sanford and Son, I watched that shit all day and night.

Sanford in Son went off the air in 1977, MASH went off the air in 1983
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #85
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Leaving the house as little as possible helps a lot too.

The internet must just give you aneurysms. I have an image of you in my head and it now looks like the "I crush your head" guy from Kids in the Hall, only you crush forum posts. "I crush your post! Crush it! Hahaha!"
Old 05-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #86
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Dola

Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #87
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The internet must just give you aneurysms. I have an image of you in my head and it now looks like the "I crush your head" guy from Kids in the Hall, only you crush forum posts. "I crush your post! Crush it! Hahaha!"

Nah, just extremely liberal (pun intended) use of ignore features and then only selective clicking through those when needed for context in a thread or someone truly needs to be corrected, etc.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #88
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nah, just extremely liberal (pun intended) use of ignore features and then only selective clicking through those when needed for context in a thread or someone truly needs to be corrected, etc.

As reasonable as this sounds, in my mind you're still always going to look like that picture above.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #89
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Sanford in Son went off the air in 1977, MASH went off the air in 1983

Yeah, but it was a great show to watch on reruns over and over again. I never saw either show during its original run, that I can recall.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #90
DanGarion
Coordinator

What does Justin Timberlake have to do with any of this?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #91
Khorium
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
What does Justin Timberlake have to do with any of this?

Khorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #92
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

in other news JT is hosting SNL this weekend which confuses me since I thought he was a cast member
Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #93
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I would have thought the same thing. We must be getting older than I've realized.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #94
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I would have thought the same thing. We must be getting older than I've realized.

I don't think that's it. You're only a couple of months older than I am. Must just travel in different circles is all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #95
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think that's it. You're only a couple of months older than I am. Must just travel in different circles is all.

That is very possible. I watched a lot of MASH growing up and can still give most of an episode's highlights and punchlines after watching the first minute or two of a show.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #96
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I've seen very little of MASH in my lifetime, but I remember seeing commercials for syndicated airings. The voiceover would start with something a little somber from the upcoming episode, but then it would transition into something hilarious to finish it off. For instance:

"On the next episode of MASH, Colonel Potter meets an injured soldier who reminds him of a grisly scene he witnessed in his younger days... and Klinger learns to juggle! All on the next MASH!"

So I never really watched MASH.