Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

CZCW Action Hour
April Week 2, 1998

Venue: Grissom Auditorium (177 Att)

Match: Pepper Vain defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 5:45 by submission with a Yoshimi Lock. (E+)

Tag Match: Acid & Plague defeated Tijuana Vampire / Hugo Lopes in 9:34 when Plague defeated Hugo Lopes by pinfall with an Ultimate Death. (E+)

Match: Eclipse defeated Brady Prince in 8:57 by pinfall. (E)

Match: Tommy Cornell defeated Craig Green in 7:46 by submission with a Guilt Trip. (D-)

Match: Human Arsenal defeated Whippy The Clown in 16:36 by pinfall with an Ammo Dump. (D+)
Human Arsenal and Whippy The Clown don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Final Rating: D

Still good enough to be a success.

Ratings: 0.00

Karl Jackson is leaving. Preston Holt will take on Road Agent duties until I can find a replacement.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-04-2009 at 04:27 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #52
sabotai
General Manager

CZCW Action Hour
April Week 3, 1998

Venue: Grissom Auditorium (1693 Att)

Tag Match: Acid & Plague defeated Apprentica Jr and Flying Jimmy Foxx in 5:32 when Acid defeated Flying Jimmy Foxx by pinfall with an Ultimate Death. (E+)
Flying Jimmy Foxx is improving in Performance skills.

Match: The Silence defeated Pepper Vain in 6:32 by pinfall with a Godzilla Plunge. (E)

Match: Blue Sky defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 8:19 by pinfall with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. (E+)
Rolling Johnny Stones is improving in Performance skills.

Match: Pablo Rodriguez defeated Silver Shark in 13:37 by pinfall with a Sinner's Salvation. (C-)
Silver Shark is improving in Rumble skills.

Match: Tommy Cornell defeated Human Arsenal in 14:32 by submission with a Guilt Trip. (C+)

Final Rating: C

In his first day back at actually doing something for the promotion, Preston Holt got into yet another incident. The hammer falls, he is getting fired.

My booking reputation is now set to "High". I can leave and start my own promotion whenever I want.

And I may do it really soon. I had a lot of fun with my CGC dynasty, even though it was a disaster from the start. MAW was a success, but boring and CZCW is starting to become boring. I think I need to be running an entertainment-style promotion so that I can run plenty of angles and storylines to keep things interesting for me.

I could just simply change CZCW's product, though. If I were to start my own promotion, it would be very similar to CZCW as far as in-ring product goes. Modern, Daredevil, Pure and Hardcore would all be important aspects (Hardcore being the one not high on importance for CZCW). Just a bit more Entertainment with angles and storylines thrown in.

Silver Shark's contract was up for renegotiation, but he was asking for too much so we'll be saying goodbye to him.

Capitao Brasil signs for $900/PPA to be our road agent. Karl leaving turned out to be good since Brasil is better.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #53
sabotai
General Manager

CZCW Action Hour
April Week 4, 1998

Venue: Grissom Auditorium (1744 Att)

Match: Pepper Vain defeated Tijuana Vampire in 4:57 by submission with a Yoshimi Lock. (E+)

Match: Plague defeated Sammy Bach in 10:35 by pinfall with a New Jersey Turnpike. (D)

Match: Human Arsenal defeated Blue Sky in 15:56 by pinfall with an Ammo Dump. (C-)

SoCal Title Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Tommy Cornell in 19:42 by disqualification. (C+)
Spanish Superfly makes defence number 1 of his CZCW SoCal Championship title. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match.

Hour long TV Show - fewer, but bigger and longer matches. That should keep costs down some and help keep final ratings high.

Roger Rogers resigns for $700/PPA.

May 1998

Current Cash: $226,362
April Net Profit: -$11,624

Slowed the lose of money some. Spent a little less than last month on worker costs, about $5000 less. Spent about $30,000 more on Show costs (in a bigger arena now). But made about $35,000 more in tickets and merchandise sales than last month.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #54
sabotai
General Manager

CZCW Action Hour
May Week 1, 1998

Venue: Grissom Auditorium (1666 Att)

Match: Rolling Johnny Stones defeated Apprentica Jr in 4:39 by pinfall. (F)
The crowd were totally turned off by having a match between jobbers on the show.

Match: Whippy The Clown defeated Tate Lyall in 5:50 by pinfall with a Joke's On You. (D-)

Tag Match: Acid & Plague defeated The Gilbert Brothers in 12:44 when Jesse Gilbert was counted out while fighting Plague. (D-)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Eclipse in 13:10 by pinfall with a Termination Kick. (D)

Match: Tommy Cornell defeated Pablo Rodriguez in 12:41 by count out. (C+)
Pablo Rodriguez is improving in Rumble skills.

Oops on the first match.

Jesse Gilbert resigned for $150/PPA

The offers are pouring in for Tommy Cornell, now. BHOTWG, NEW and BBW sent offers to him. BHOTWG will probably get him, seeing as they are huge, but who knows if it's a written deal or PPA.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #55
sabotai
General Manager

CZCW In The Zone
May Week 2, 1998

Venue: Grissom Auditorium (1730 Att)

Match: Silver Shark defeated Tate Lyall in 7:38 by submission with a Jaws Of Life. (D)
Silver Shark and Tate Lyall have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. Tate Lyall is improving in Performance skills.

Tag Match: Flex & Pecs defeated The Gilbert Brothers in 10:36 when Flex defeated Jesse Gilbert by pinfall with The Showstopper. (E+)
Pecs was really off his game tonight. Pecs really needs a change to his character desperately. Jesse Gilbert is improving in Performance skills.

Match: Daniel Cano defeated Pepper Vain in 6:44 by pinfall. (E+)

Match: The Silence defeated Troy Tornado in 7:52 by pinfall with a Godzilla Plunge. (D-)
Troy Tornado really needs a change to his character desperately. The Silence was really off his game tonight.

Match: Eclipse defeated Flying Jimmy Foxx in 6:44 by pinfall. (D-)

SoCal Tag Titles Match: The Young Idols drew with Scout and Guide in 13:54 following a double disqualification. (D+)

SoCal Title Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Human Arsenal in 20:43 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. (B-)
Spanish Superfly makes defence number 2 of his CZCW SoCal Championship title.

Final Rating: C+

This is my last card with CZCW. I'm moving on to start my own promotion.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #56
sabotai
General Manager

New Wave Wrestling (NWW)

Product
Match Ratio: 70%

Match Length for TV: 5 / 9 / 15
Match Length for Events: 8 / 13 / 25
Match Intensity: 60%
Match Danger: 70%

Face / Heel : Medium

Key Feature: Modern
Heavy: Traditional
Medium: Mainstream, Realism, Hardcore, Daredevil
Low: Comedy, Cult, Lucha Libre, Pure
Very Low: Risque
None: Hyper Realism

....will mean
workers rated more on performance than popularity
attract fans who are not keen on gimmicks
" will not like risky gimmicks
" will not get subtle gimmicks
will make it hard to get Afternoon and Early Evening TV slots
also make it so we can't get on any Mainstream network
will make getting sponsorship quite hard
we won't get rocked by industry changes and the 'young lion' system will not be taken into account.

I had started this on "Hard" I think, but it gave me hardly any money and too much, IMO, popularity. So I edited the data to give me $100,000 (for $10,000), but I slashed my Tri-State popularity in half (made it 20%, down from 40%) and eliminated all popularity in the other regions. This made me a Small promotion.

I also waited several months to see if a booking position in a promotion I liked opened up, but it did not. We will be starting in January 1999.

Here is my staff
Announcer: Marty Papin, $500 PPA, C+
Colour: Frank DeLoach, $300 PPA, C
Referee: Bret Graveson, $800 PPA, C
Road Agent: Garrett Damm, $450 PPA, C+

Roster

Main Eventer
Acid - Heel - Cruiserweight - $700 PPA
Wiley Steinway - Face - Brawler - $800 PPA

Upper Midcarder
Hell Monkey - Face - Puroresu - $150 PPA
Mean Jean Cattley - Heel - Technician - $250 PPA

Midcarder
Kashmir Singh - Face - Regular Wrestler - $150 PPA
Chris Perkins - Heel - Cruiserweight - $150 PPA
Primal Rage - Heel - Brawler - $150 PPA
Rolling Johnny Stones - Face - Technician - $500 PPA

Lower Midcarder
Pepper Vein - Cruiserweight - me
Brady Prince - Regular Wrestler - $150 PPA

Opener
Nathan Black - Technician - $150 PPA

My two Main Eventers cost a lot more, but they have the popularity that will be bringing people to my shows. Johnny Stones costs more as well due to his popularity in UK (doesn't do me good but ti was what he demanded) and his skills (which will do me a lot of good).

My shows will be 2 hours long, since I want to get everyone involved in both matches and angles.

The guys who will be good on the mic for angles
Rolling Johnny Stones
Mean Jean Cattley

The list is short. Everyone will be getting a lot of mic time, though. Since we are small, I can afford some crappy angles (as long as they happen earlier in the show) in order to improve their skills.

The people I really want to work on mic skills are: Pepper Vein, Hell Monkey, Acid and Chris Perkins, so expect to see them boring the crowds a lot.

Hell Monkey just entered the wrestling world as I start me fed, so I'm very happy to have gotten him. BHOPTWG happened to grab him too, but only to a PPA contract. Mean Jean works for PPPW and Rolling Johnny Stones works for ROF. Everyone else is working just for me for now.

I tried to get Black Eagle, but he's on tour in Japan right now so I have to wait.

I'm going to start off with a few standard singles fued storylines. I'm thinking Hell Monkey vs. Acid, Mean Jean Cattley vs. Wiley Steinway and Chris Perkins vs. Rolling Johnny Stones.

One last thing, none of my workers have gimmicks. Since the fans aren't keen on them, I decided to get rid of them. I may start putting them back in for a few workers if it helps. Actually, I'm pretty unclear as to how gimmicks affect workers and match ratings.....
Old 04-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #57
sabotai
General Manager

Two more workers. Both Openers

The Black Knight - Heel - $150 PPA
Dario Shelton - Face - $150 PPA

Shelton especially has very good Performance ratings, but nothing else. He should be a very good opener for me.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #58
sabotai
General Manager

January 1999

Maybe I should have started in December instead of waiting until January since I was told I lost Regional Battles in 4 regions, even though I did not hold a card.

Current Cash: $112,370

We made sponsor and merchandise money without a card. I guess I'll take $12k for the price of losing regional battles.

Anyway, 1998 Awards

Wrestler of the Year: Dan Stone Jr. (1997 winner)
Young Wrestler of the Year: Jack DeColt
Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Kazu Yoshizawa
Female Wrestler of the Year: Sensational Ogiwara (1997 Winner)
Promotion of the Year: SWF (1997 Winner)
Most Improved Promotion: OLLIE
Match of the Year: Sean McFly vs. Sam Keith (SWF Supreme TV)
Card of the Year: SWF Goes Wild!

Top 5 of the Power 100
1. Dan Stone Jr.
2. Sean McFly
3. Koryusai Kitoaji
4. Craig Prince
5. Sam Keith
Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #59
condors
College Starter

good luck on your new promotion !
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #60
sabotai
General Manager

NWW New Year's Bash
January Week 1, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (271 Att)

Pepper Vain addresses the crown and welcomes them to New Year's Bash. (F+)

Match: Brady Prince defeated Pepper Vain in 8:54 by submission with a Maryland Crossface. (E+)
Pepper Vain was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Rolling Johnny Stones and Chris Perkins are backstage, and are squaring off, unhappy about something. The argument soon turns physical with the chaos spilling out around the backstage. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to pull them apart before they kill each other. (F-)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated The Black Knight in 8:42 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (E+)
The Black Knight was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Acid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Wiley Steinway. (E)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Dario Shelton in 8:59 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (E)
Dario Shelton was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Wiley Steinway had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E)

Match: Primal Rage defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 14:49 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E+)
Primal Rage was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Rolling Johnny Stones is walking back down the aisle, having just suffered a defeat. At the same time, Chris Perkins is making his entrance for the next match. As they pass Perkins clearly taunts Johnny Stones about the loss, which he is clearly not happy about. (F-)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Kashmir Singh in 13:32 by pinfall with a Termination Kick. (D-)

NWW Title Match: Wiley Steinway defeated Acid in 20:55 by pinfall. Wiley Steinway wins the NWW Champion title. (D-)
Wiley Steinway was visibly tiring toward the end. Acid is improving in Rumble skills.

Having picked up the victory, Wiley Steinway celebrates in the ring. (F+)

Final Rating: E+

The show was a success for my Small fed. Lots of rusty workers.

I had a really hard time filling out 2 hours. I need a larger roster, that's for sure. More lower talent to get beat up by the several "stars" that are in storylines and to be able to make a few filler matches.

Last edited by sabotai : 04-26-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

New Faces

Sabbath - A big heavyweight "psychopath" who has ability on the mic. He is rated a C on Mic, Charisma and Acting. Downside is that he has hardly any in-ring ability. E across the board in Performance, D+ in Brawling and Hardcore. I'll have him in dark matches to try and improve his in-ring ability. It may be a few months before I use him. I may use him as a bodyguard-like role in a storyline. $150 PPA

Daniel Cano - Another worker brought over from my year with CZCW. The luchadore worker will start off as a face. $100 PPA + $100 travel

Apprentica Jr. - Heel , another worker from CZCW. $100 PPA + $63 travel

Tate Tyall - Heel - $150 PPA

And I wanted a few more Independent names to help fill the roster.

Eclipse - Yes, another CZCW guy. $800 PPA

Vin Tanner - Hardcore performer who has good Performance ratings. $900 PPA

With several new workers, the roster pushes have been reordered.

Main Event
Wiley Steinway
Acid
Vin Tanner
Eclipse

Upper Midcarder
Daniel Cano
Hell Monkey
Mean Jean Cattley
Chris Perkins

Midcarder
Kashmir Singh
Tate Lyall
Primal Rage
Sabbath
Pepper Vain
Dario Shelton

Lower Midcarder
The Black Knight
Brady Prince
Nathan Black
Rolling Johnny Stones

Opener
Apprentica Jr.

Last edited by sabotai : 04-27-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

February 1999

Current Cash: $117,720
Jan Net Profit: $5,350

Lost the regional battles. Dead last again. I figure this will happen for awhile.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #63
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Winter Wonderbash
February Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (257 Att)

Dark Match: Sabbath defeated Dario Shelton in 5:33 by pinfall with a Day of Rest. (F)
Sabbath was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Sabbath. Dario Shelton was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Acid comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by Hell Monkey. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before agreeing to face each other later on in a singles match. (E-)

Match: Pepper Vain defeated Nathan Black in 9:37 by submission with a Yoshimi Lock. (E-)
Pepper Vain was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Chris Perkins has a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Rolling Johnny Stones, calling him names and generally acting like he is totally unafraid. (E-)

Marty Papin appears on screen and announces Mean Jean Cattley as the new #1 contender. (F+) Mean Jean Cattley continues with the interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Wiley Steinway. (E)

Match: Rolling Johnny Stones defeated Apprentica Jr in 7:59 by pinfall. (F+)
Apprentica Jr was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. The announcing quality lifted the match. Apprentica Jr is improving in Technical skills.

Rolling Johnny Stones is celebrating his victory in the ring. Chris Perkins runs in and attacks, beating Johnny Stones down into the mat. (F-)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Kashmir Singh in 13:43 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (D-)
Mean Jean Cattley and Kashmir Singh have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Primal Rage in 10:48 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (E)
Primal Rage was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Eclipse in 15:47 when Eclipse was disqualified when Rolling Johnny Stones ran in and attacked Chris Perkins. (D-)

A video plays hyping Acid vs. Hell Monkey. (F)

Match: Acid defeated Hell Monkey in 21:25 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D+)
Hell Monkey and Acid have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Acid and Hell Monkey have great chemistry! Sweet! Also good chemistry between Mean Jean and Kashmir Singh. I will be pushing Mean Jean quite a bit, so it looks like I found one of his regular jobbers. Now I have to make sure I give Singh some quality wins so that it makes Mean Jean look better.

Acid and Hell Monkey will become two of my biggest stars. Them having great chemistry makes it so much easier.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #64
sabotai
General Manager

March 1999

Current Cash: $123,446
Feb Net Profit: $5,726

Great Lakes Regional Battle: DAVE - NWW - RPW
Mid Atlantic Regional Battle: DAVE - XWF - NWW - RPW
New England Regional Battle: DAVE - PPPW - NEW - NWW - RPW
Tri State Regional Battle: DAVE - PPPW - NYCW - XFW - NEW - NWW

I'm only really concerned with the Tri State Regional Battle, and that's the one I finish last on.

Since it's been over 2 years since I started, here is the state of the wrestling world.

Supreme Wrestling Federation (SWF) is still at Global and the ruler of the wrestling world. Sam Keith defended the SWF title 15 times before losing it to Jim Force (Ultimate Warrior-like worker) in Feb. 1998. Force would defend it 14 times before dropping it to the current champion Mr. Supreme. Mr. Supreme is a 30 year old drunk. He's one of the best when sober, but gets in trouble with the law.

The only National level promotion (no International Level promotions) is Pride Glory Honor Wrestling (PGHW) in Japan. Current champion is 42 year old puroresu Koryusai Kitoaji.

At Cult level, we have 5SSW (All-Female promotion), BHOTWG (Puroresu Japan), CGC (Sports Entertainment - Canada), GCG (Pure Old School - Japan), HGC (Sports Entertainment - US), MPWF (Lucha Libre - Mexico), and NOTBW (Classic Wrestling - Canada).

HGC is the #2 promotion, but seem to be falling. They need C+ Importance in 8 regions to get to National, but only have 4. So far, their cards this year have been disappointing. They had B- popularity throughout the US, but have fallen to C+ in a few regions.

Regional Feds: AAA (Women's Entertainment - US), BBW (Garbage Wrestling - Japan), 4C (Underground Action - Canada), DAVE (Cult Entertainment - US), Hinote Dojo (Tradition Puro - Japan), MOSC (Blood, Beer and Brawling - UK), OLLIE (Lucha Libre - Mexico), PPPW (Traditional - US), RPW (Cutting Edge - US), XFW (Origins of Hardcore - US)

DAVE, PPPW, RPW and XFW are my direct competitors who are Regional.

Small promotions: CWF (Women's - Canada), CZCW (Explosive Action - US), MHW (Hardcore Lucha Libre - Mexico), NEW (Entertainment - US), NWW (Modern Entertainment - US), NYCW (Slow Paced Traditional - US), ROF (Rigan Style - UK), SCCW (Traditional - US)

CZCW fel hard when I left. NEW and NYCW are my Small competitors. SCCW, Southern Class Championship Wrestling, is in the South East. I'm sure we'll eventually be battling each other.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #65
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Wrestlefest
March Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (247 Att)

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Wiley Steinway take on Mean Jean Cattley. (E-)

Match: Primal Rage defeated The Black Knight in 6:55 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (F+)
The Black Knight was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. The Black Knight was really off his game tonight. Primal Rage and The Black Knight don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Acid has an interview in which he taunts Hell Monkey. (E-) Hell Monkey appears and challenges Acid to a match. (F+) Acid says that he accepts the challenge and he'll face him in a match. (E-)

Match: Daniel Cano defeated Apprentica Jr in 7:48 by pinfall. (F+)
Daniel Cano was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Apprentica Jr was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Apprentica Jr was really off his game tonight.

Wiley Steinway had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Mean Jean Cattley. (E-)

Match: Sabbath defeated Kashmir Singh in 10:10 by pinfall with a Day of Rest. (E-)
Sabbath was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Some portions of the crowd were very vocal in their hatred of Sabbath. Sabbath was really off his game tonight. Sabbath was visibly tiring toward the end. Sabbath is improving in Rumble skills.

Match: Rolling Johnny Stones defeated Nathan Black in 10:39 by pinfall. (E+)

Rolling Johnny Stones is celebrating his victory in the ring. Chris Perkins runs in and attacks, beating Johnny Stones down into the mat. (F)

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Brady Prince in 11:44 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (E-)
Brady Prince is improving in Rumble skills.

Mean Jean Cattley had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Wiley Steinway. (E-)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Tate Lyall in 12:32 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (D-)
Tate Lyall was really off his game tonight. Tate Lyall is improving in Flying skills.

NWW Title Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Wiley Steinway in 17:32 by count out. (D-)
Wiley Steinway was visibly tiring toward the end.

Still good enough to be a success.

I guess Sabbath isn't working out. The crowd hates him. I let him go and promote Rolling Johnny Stones to midcarder in his pace.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #66
sabotai
General Manager

April 1999

Current Cash: $126,711
March Net Profit: $3,266

I think I can afford one more "major" start at about $1k a month. Plus, I need a few more lower level faces. I've gotten a bit heel-heavy.

Dan Billot - 19 year old face lower midcarder. Has good Consistency and Selling. $150 PPA

The Guru - 30 years old. Has really good Entertainment and Performance skills, but no worker skills (Brawling, Flying or Technical). Hardly any athleticism or stamina. He's signed for $1k, and will probably just use him more in angle than in matches. He's listed as semi-active.

Benjamin Moore - 22 year old, hardly any skills. $100 PPA

Christopher Hart - 24 years old. Better heel than face, but I need faces. He has A* Sex Appeal and A Star Quality, but hardly any ability except C Athleticism and A Power. May have potential to be a decent worker with draw power. $150 PPA

Lucas Hale - 19 year old. Not much ability, but since he's young he could develop to a decent worker. $100 PPA + $114 travel

Alex Braun - 37 year old face Main Eventer. Good entertainment, good performance, good flying skills. $800 PPA.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #67
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Clash of the Titans
April Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (247 Att)

Match: Primal Rage defeated Benjamin Moore in 6:03 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E-)

Match: Tate Lyall defeated Lucas Hale in 5:40 by pinfall. (F+)
Tate Lyall seemed off his game tonight. Lucas Hale was really off his game tonight.

Hell Monkey cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Acid. (E)

Match: Daniel Cano defeated Nathan Black in 7:34 by pinfall. (E)
Daniel Cano was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 13:53 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (E+)
Rolling Johnny Stones and Chris Perkins just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

Match: Alex Braun defeated The Black Knight in 7:58 by pinfall with a Braun Damage. (E)
The Black Knight was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

After the match, Alex Braun grabs a microphone and hypes himself (D-)

Match: Acid defeated Dan Billiot in 8:04 by submission with an Acidity Test. (E)
Acid and Dan Billiot have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

A video plays hyping Wiley Steinway vs. Mean Jean Cattley. (F+) After the video, Mean Jean Cattley goes on a rant about Wiley Steinway. (E-)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Pepper Vain in 13:23 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (D-)

Hell Monkey
is celebrating his victory in the ring. Acid runs in and attacks, beating Hell Monkey down into the mat. (E-)

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Eclipse in 16:10 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (D-)
Vin Tanner was visibly tiring toward the end.

Booo! At Perkins and Stones not having chemistry. The storyline wasn't going anywhere anyway and I want to get Braun and The Guru into some kind of storyline so that I can use their Microphone skills. The Perkins vs. Stones storyline will die. Both of their momentums are in the toilet so ending it won't do much harm.

Nice to find an opponent to job to Acid. The problem with Acid is that his momentum is really low. So is Wiley Steinway. Vin Tanner, Alex Braun and Eclipse all have a C momentum. Moving the title over to one of them, and having a 4 man storyline with The Guru thrown in sounds good to me.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #68
sabotai
General Manager

May 1999

Current Cash: $129,852
April Net Profit: +$3,141

I can't find a storyline I like and don't feel like writing one right now, so I went with a 4 man unchained storyline for The Guru, Alex Braun, Eclipse and Vin Tanner. After several shows, I'll try and evolve it into something.

Came in last in the Tri State Regional battle.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #69
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Armageddon
May Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (273 Att)

Match: Primal Rage defeated Christopher Hart in 5:31 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E+)
Christopher Hart was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Match: The Guru defeated Lucas Hale in 8:49 by pinfall. (E-)
The Guru and Lucas Hale have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Wiley Steinway had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Vin Tanner. (E)

Match: Rolling Johnny Stones defeated Pepper Vain in 12:01 by pinfall. (E)

Match: Alex Braun defeated Tate Lyall in 8:49 by pinfall with a Braun Damage. (E+)

Vin Tanner had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Wiley Steinway. (E)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Kashmir Singh in 12:48 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (D-)

Marty Papin is interviewing Alex Braun when The Guru appears. Alex Braun & The Guru have a confrontation that gets heated until, at last, they start to fight each other. (D)
The Guru is learning to show more charisma.

A video plays hyping Acid vs. Hell Monkey. (F+)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Acid in 19:33 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (D+)

NWW Title Match: Vin Tanner defeated Wiley Steinway in 14:25 by pinfall with a V For Victory following interference from Mean Jean Cattley. Vin Tanner wins the NWW Champion title. (E)

A craptastic main event. At least I now have the title in the hands of someone with momentum.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #70
sabotai
General Manager

June 1999

Current Cash: $133,590
May Net Profit: +$3,738

We lost the Tri State Regional Battle (out of 5) again. Now that I have the title situation down, hopefully we start making progress.

Rolling Johnny Stones suffered a rotator cuff injury and he'll be gone for over 11 months. So I guess he's done with us.

Last edited by sabotai : 04-29-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #71
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Random Acts of Hardcore
June Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (195 Att)

Hardcore Match: Eclipse defeated Tate Lyall in 8:20 by pinfall. (E-)

Mean Jean Cattley cuts a promo trashing Wiley Steinway. (E+)

Hardcore Match: Acid defeated Pepper Vain in 15:03 by pinfall with an Acid Rain Bomb. (E-)

Vin Tanner had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Alex Braun. (E)

Strap Match: Primal Rage defeated Dario Shelton in 11:47 when Primal Rage was the first to touch all the corners. (E-)
Dario Shelton was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Alex Braun
had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Vin Tanner. (D-)

Hardcore Match: The Guru defeated Wiley Steinway in 10:31 by pinfall. During the match we also had Mean Jean Cattley run in and attack Wiley Steinway. (E-)
The Guru was visibly tiring toward the end.

Hardcore Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Kashmir Singh in 11:04 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (D-)

Alex Braun is being attacked by Vin Tanner and The Guru in the ring. Seeing the assault, Eclipse comes running in and fights them both off, saving Alex Braun from a serious beating. (E)

Hardcore Match: Hell Monkey defeated Chris Perkins in 13:03 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (D)

NWW Title Hardcore Match: Vin Tanner defeated Alex Braun in 14:20 by pinfall with a V For Victory. During the match we also saw The Guru run in and attack Alex Braun, and Eclipse also attack Vin Tanner. (D-)

Final Rating: D-
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #72
Tellistto
College Prospect

I'll be following along with this, sabotai. Good luck on your new promotion.
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #73
sabotai
General Manager

July 1999

Current Cash: $134,717
May Net Profit: $1,127

We placed last out of 5 in our regional battle (Tri State).
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Summer Scorcher
July Week 2, 1999

Oh crap...Several workers are unavailable since they are working with NEW tonight. Not all that much of a problem, but my referee is working with NEW as well!. Even though he has an F- in Refereeing, I grab my Road Agent and put him in stripes for tonight. This will be bad, but canceling the show will be worse. I'll use workers as road agents. Eclipse has a C+ in Psych, so he's it tonight.

Lesson learned, look ahead and reschedule the card if needed.

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (204 Att)

Match: Primal Rage defeated Benjamin Moore in 5:56 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E-)
Primal Rage is improving in Technical skills.

Match: Tate Lyall defeated Lucas Hale in 6:43 by pinfall. (F)
The bout dragged in the middle, with a lack of flow being noticeable.

Hell Monkey is backstage with Marty Papin. He asks to be given a chance to wrestle Acid in a singles match. Papin says that he'll think about it. (E)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Apprentica Jr in 4:59 by pinfall with a Termination Kick. (E-)
Apprentica Jr is improving in Rumble skills.

Eclipse had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Vin Tanner. (E)

Match: Daniel Cano defeated The Black Knight in 9:45 by pinfall. (F+)
The Black Knight was really off his game tonight.

Acid is backstage with Marty Papin. He asks to be given a chance to wrestle Hell Monkey in a singles match, and Papin accepts the request. (E-)

Match: Acid defeated Dan Billiot in 8:29 by submission with an Acidity Test. (E)
Acid and Dan Billiot have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Vin Tanner had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Eclipse. (E)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Brady Prince in 8:58 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (E+)
Hell Monkey seemed off his game tonight.

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Wiley Steinway in 14:38 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (E+)
Wiley Steinway is improving in Performance skills.

The match is over, and Wiley Steinway is left down. Mean Jean Cattley is celebrating, but then stops and sees his opponent still on the ground. He attacks, and beats him into the canvas. (E-)

NWW Title Match: Vin Tanner defeated Eclipse in 13:55 by pinfall with a V For Victory. Vin Tanner makes defence number 2 of his NWW Champion title. (D-)
Eclipse seemed off his game tonight.

A bad card overall. "Garrett Damm was awful as referee, which hurt the match. " was after every match. Lesson learned, look ahead.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #75
sabotai
General Manager

August 1999

Current Cash: $138,998
July Net Profit: +$4,281

The thing that annoys me most about the last card? The people on my roster weren't even booked on the NEW show....*sigh*

LAW (L.A. Wrestling) opened last month in the South West. They are owned by Dusty Streets and Rip Chord is the Head Booker. Their product: Soap Opera with Wrestling. They start at Regional size.

5th out of 5 again in the Tri State Battle.

Signed Java, $1500 PPA. He has D+ popularity in Tri State. He also has good Performance ratings and really good Physical ratings in Toughness (A) and Power (B). Menace is also an A.

Signed Ernest Mason, $1500 PPA ($800 Downside). D Popularity in Tri State. He has great Performance ratings, good Physical ratings and good Technician ratings. Has terrible Entertainment ratings, so he won't be any help there, but he'll put on great matches.

It's also time to renegotiate lots of contracts.

Wiley Steinway - $600 PPA
Nathan Black - $150 PPA
Primal Rage - $150 PPA
Kashmir Singh - $150 PPA
Brady Prince - $150 PPA
Chris Perkins - $500 PPA
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #76
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Indestructible
August Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (200 Att)

Alex Braun comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interupted by The Guru. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them. (D-)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Benjamin Moore in 4:47 by pinfall with an Insanity Tsunami. (E)
Benjamin Moore seemed off his game tonight.

Match: Primal Rage defeated Dan Billiot in 4:32 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E)
Primal Rage and Dan Billiot have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Pepper Vain in 10:58 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (E-)
Mean Jean Cattley and Pepper Vain don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Acid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Vin Tanner. (E)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Ernest Mason in 18:01 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (D-)
Ernest Mason was visibly tiring toward the end. Ernest Mason is improving in Performance skills.

Vin Tanner had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E)

Match: Java defeated Wiley Steinway in 11:55 by pinfall with a Greetings From The Island. (E+)

Match: Alex Braun drew with The Guru in 12:37 following a double count out. (E+)
The Guru was really off his game tonight. The Guru was visibly tiring toward the end. The Guru is improving in Performance skills.

Java runs into the ring and attacks Alex Braun and The Guru. (E)

NWW Title Match: Acid defeated Vin Tanner in 13:47 by pinfall with an Acid Rain Bomb. Acid wins the NWW Champion title. (D-)

Our attendance keeps going down even though the game keeps telling me that my popularity is increasing. On closer inspection (looking in the editor), this turns out to be wrong. My popularity is dropping. I need shows in the Ds

If it seems odd that I gave Acid the title out of nowhere, it is because I completely forgot about the Major Title reign promise I made him. I had planned on making Acid vs. hell Monkey be a title feud, but like I said, I forgot...

Anyway, I need to start really planning ahead with this. I keep winging it with each card, and it's getting worse. Acid vs. Hell Monkey had the best match so far (D+), so their feud becomes the "for the title" feud. I'll figure out something with everyone else.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #77
sabotai
General Manager

September 1999

Current Cash: $139,524
Aug. Net Profit: $526

More renegotiations

Frank DeLauch (Colour) - $450 PPA
Hell Monkey - $500 PPA
Marty Papin (Announcer) - $700 PPA
Acid - $800 PPA + 10% merch. sales.
Dario Shelton - $150 PPA
The Black Knight - $250 PPA
Mean Jean Cattley - $300 PPA

Change of Schedule

I am no longer doing monthly shows. I've switched to doing weekly small shows that will be 1 hour long. The goal is to use any talent that cost more than $150 PPA just once per month. Twice if needed for storyline purposes. The plan for each show: 2 matches vs. lower workers (Os-LMs) to give UMs and MEs momentum, a few angles, 1 match involving two M-UM workers, and 1 main event match. I might bleed money for awhile, but I hope it's not too bad. I've been making a few thousand profit each month, so if this backfires, I'll just switch back to monthly shows.

New Pushes

Main Eventers
The Guru
Alex Braun
Java
Acid
Vin Tanner

Upper Midcarders
Hell Monkey
Chris Perkins
Ernest Mason
Eclipse
Wiley Steinway

Midcarders
Kashmir Singh
Primal Rage
Daniel Cano
Pepper Vain
Mean Jean Cattley
Christopher Hart
Tate Lyall

Lower Midcarders
Lucas Hale
Benjamin Moore
Dario Shelton
Dan Billot
Brady Prince

Opener
Nathan Black
Apprentica Jr.
The Black Knight

Last edited by sabotai : 05-01-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #78
sabotai
General Manager

Storyline Status

My short term plan is to run unchained storylines. The plan is to have 4 running storylines, one or two will be advanced each show. This may get expensive, but I need to try something. Finishing last in the regional battles are preventing me from getting bigger.

4 Storylines broken up as: 1 Storyline centered around the title (the one I feel does better will eventually win the storyline - or the one I know will not jump ship to another promotion will win). 1 centered around two other main eventers (if one does badly, he'll get demoted. The one who does better will probably go into a storyline for the title). 1 centered around a main eventer vs. an upper midcarder (if the ME wins, they stay where they are. If the UM wins, they switch roles). And 1 4-man storyline between 2 Upper Midcarders and 2 Midcarders (the two who do the best, regardless of which side wins, will be Upper Midcarders).

With this system, hopefully, the cream rises to the top and I start getting some really good shows/storylines going. Those not in storylines will appear once or twice a month and win squash matches to build momentum.

Current Storylines

NWW Title Storyline: Acid (c) vs. Hell Monkey. Current Heat: D-. Status: Heading into final match

2 Main Eventers: Alex Braun vs. The Guru. Current Heat: E. Status: Evolved from sotryline with the two of them plus Vin Tanner and Eclipse. Expect lots of angles. In fact, this may be one storyline where I'll have both appear at most shows. Expensive, but the two of them are, by far, the best I have at Microphone and overall Entertainment. I have to use that.

1 ME vs. 1 UM: Vin Tanner vs. Wiley Steinway. Current Heat: - Status: Has not begun

2 UM vs. 2 M: Eclipse and Daniel Cano vs. Tate Lyall and CHris Perkins. Current Heat: - Status: Has not begun
Old 05-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #79
sabotai
General Manager

A few Signings/Resignings

Daniel Cano - $150 PPA

Spanish Superfly - $1000 PPA + $740 Travel
Plan is to use him in 1 or 2 shows a month as the main event if his match ratings make it worth it. He needs to build momentum.

Pablo Rodriguez - $1500 PPA + $810 Travel
He already has a D popularity in Tri State, but I fear he'll be too expensive. I'll limit him to 1 show per month to keep costs down.

Rolling Johnny Stones is officially gone. Once he heals up, I'll send him another contract.

Apprentica Jr. - $150 PPA

Tate Lyall - $150 PPA
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #80
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Weekly
Sept. Week 3, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (194 Att)

Match: Christopher Hart defeated Nathan Black in 7:08 by pinfall. (E-)
Christopher Hart was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Match: Primal Rage defeated Dario Shelton in 5:31 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E-)

A video plays hyping Acid vs. Hell Monkey. (E-) Afterwards, Acid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Hell Monkey. (E)

Match: Daniel Cano defeated Tate Lyall in 9:55 by pinfall. (E+)
Tate Lyall and Daniel Cano have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

The Guru has an interview in which he taunts Alex Braun. (D-)

Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Pepper Vain in 12:45 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. (E+)

I was hoping the final match would have done better, but Superfly probably needs more momentum.

Eclipse resigned for $800 PPA

Vin Tanner resigned for $900 PPA
Old 05-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #81
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Keep it up. Enjoying it immensely.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #82
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Weekly
Sept. Week 4, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (175 Att)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Lucas Hale in 6:45 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (E+)

Hell Monkey had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E+)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Apprentica Jr in 6:06 by pinfall with a Hell Fire Kick. (E)
Apprentica Jr was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Apprentica Jr is improving in Flying skills.

Chris Perkins has an interview in which he taunts Eclipse. (E-)

Match: Pablo Rodriguez defeated Dan Billiot in 9:49 by pinfall with a Sinner's Salvation. (D-)
The performance of Pablo Rodriguez stood out as being good.

Alex Braun had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with The Guru. (D-)

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Wiley Steinway in 12:26 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (E-)
Wiley Steinway was really off his game tonight. Vin Tanner and Wiley Steinway just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

Final Rating: E

That damn main event.

And with that, the Tanner vs. Steinway storyline ends. In its place, Pablo Rodriguez vs. Ernest Mason. That's going to be an expensive storyline, but things are looking grim and I need to start getting good card results or this thing will be over quickly.

Steinway's momentum is F+. He just has not got any real push. He's out of the picture for awhile. Vin Tanner is at a D+. A few easy wins and he'll be back in a storyline.

October 1999

Current Cash: $136,539
Sept Net Profit: -$2,985

Not too bad. If I lost 5-6k a month, I have the money to last awhile. The trick will be to not over extend myself and use workers like Rodriguez too much or else the expenses will get out of hand.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-03-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #83
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Weekly
October Week 1, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (192 Att)

The show starts off as Chris Perkins attacks Eclipse backstage, and leaves him down and out. (F+)

Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Apprentica Jr in 6:04 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. (E+)
Apprentica Jr was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Spanish Superfly looked good out there.

Alex Braun comes to the ring and challenges The Guru to a match. (E)

Match: Ernest Mason defeated Brady Prince in 6:54 by pinfall. (E+)
Ernest Mason is improving in Performance skills.

A video plays hyping Acid vs. Hell Monkey. (E-)

NWW Title Match: Acid defeated Hell Monkey in 19:44 by pinfall with an Acid Rain Bomb. Acid makes defence number 1 of his NWW Champion title. (C-)

I fricken screwed up....I accidently left Mason vs. Prince at the bottom of the card so that turned out to be the "main event" and it screwed up my Final Rating....

Oh well. Spanish Superlfy already has great momentum (for my promotion, C+). He'll step right into the title picture vs. Acid now. Holl Monkey will be used a lot. I have a feeling he won't be with us all that much longer, and while he's cheap ($500 PPA, cheap for the match ratings he brings in), I want to put him in as many matches as possible.

Black Eagle, fwiw, signed a written deal with SWF. I won't be able to get him for a long while, if ever.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #84
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Weekly
Oct. Week 2, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (196 Att)

Match: Chris Perkins drew with Eclipse in 12:28 following a double disqualification. During the match we also saw Tate Lyall run in and attack Eclipse, and Daniel Cano also attack Perkins. (D-)

Chris Perkins, Tate Lyall, Eclipse and Daniel Cano continue the action after the match and brawl all over the arean. (F)

Match: Pablo Rodriguez defeated Kashmir Singh in 11:01 by pinfall with a Sinner's Salvation. (D)

Pablo Rodriguez has an interview in which he taunts Ernest Mason. (D+)

A video plays hyping Alex Braun vs. The Guru. (E)

Match: Alex Braun defeated The Guru in 10:37 by disqualification. (E+)
The Guru was visibly tiring toward the end. The Guru is improving in Flying skills.

The Guru sucks in the ring...He's visibly tied at the end of a 10 minute long match. I think it's time to make this feud more of a war of words, at least on The Guru's side.

Ernest Mason looks like he may retire soon. He says he is looking forward to a behind the scenes career. He could easily be my road agent. In fact, I should just make him the road agent on matches.

Electrico ended up retiring due to his injuries.

Hell Monkey and Primal Rage have become friends.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-03-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #85
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Weekly
Oct Week 3, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (220 Att)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Nathan Black in 5:52 by pinfall with a Hell Fire Kick. (D-)

Match: Wiley Steinway defeated The Black Knight in 4:43 by pinfall. (E-)
The Black Knight was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. The Black Knight was really off his game tonight. Wiley Steinway and The Black Knight have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

The Guru comes out to the ring to a hostile crowd. He grabs the mic and says that Alex Braun will regret ever messing with him and that he has a surprise for him the next time he shows his face. Braun then comes from the backstage and tells The Guru that he can handle any surprise that he can throw at him. At that point, Java rushes out of the crowd and attacks Braun from behind. Java savagely beats Braun until he's bloody and unconscious. (E+)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Daniel Cano in 8:35 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D-)

Acid comes out to the ring and openly challenges anyone to fight him for the title tonight. He says he'll accept a title match with anyone. Spanish Superfly walks out from the backstage and enters the ring. (E)

NWW Title Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Acid in 17:39 by disqualification. (C-)

Acid hit Superfly with a chair to get DQed. After the bell sounds, Acid continues attacking Superlfy with the chair until a group of officials physically remove him from the ring. (E)

Now this is more like it! (But it cost me a lot....)

Ernest Mason officially retires. I'll have Pablo Rodriguez feud with Hell Monkey.

Signed Rex Reeves - $100 PPA. Face opener

Signed Troy Tornado - $500 PPA. F+ Pop in Tri State, but has good Mic skills. He'll start off as a Midcarder.

Signed Gregg Boone - $100 PPA + $25 Travel. Face opener.

I needed a few more face openers since I was heavy on the heel jobbers. I didn't plan on going after anymore mid-level talent, but happened to see Tornado leave RPW and looked at his skills. Since they were useless in CZCW, I never noticed (or at least remembered) that he has good talent in Entertainment. He'll be useful in angles.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-03-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #86
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Weekly
Oct Week 4, 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (185 Att)

Troy Tornado comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interupted by Mean Jean Cattley. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before agreeing to face each other later on in a singles match. (D-)

Tag Match: Chris Perkins and Tate Lyall defeated Eclipse and Daniel Cano in 9:36 when Chris Perkins defeated Daniel Cano by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (E+)

Match: Troy Tornado drew with Mean Jean Cattley in 9:30 following a double count out. (D-)
Troy Tornado and Mean Jean Cattley don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Mean Jean Cattley is improving in Rumble skills.

Pablo Rodriguez had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Spanish Superfly. (D-)

Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Pablo Rodriguez in 15:04 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. (C-)

I was really hopinh Tornado and Cattley would have chemistry, or at the least, not have bad chemistry. There goes one feud idea.

Good card, but another costly one. I may just have to go back to monthly shows.

Rex Reeves is already complaining about his push and wants to be a midcarder. I make him a Lower Midcarder to try to make him happy. Not that it matters, he's a jobber either at Opener or Lower Midcarder.

October 1999

Current Cash: $114,003
Sept Net Profit: -$22,536

Wow, I spent too much money. And what's worse, despite having cards rated E+, D-, D and D....I still finished last in the Regional Battle. DAVE has a show rated a C, LAW has a TV show and puts on Cs. XFW had 1 card, a D+. PPPW, a C card. NYCW had a B- card.

I'm starting to think that starting off at Regional with $10,000 is actually easier than starting off at Small with $100,000. At least with Regional you get some semi-stars coming to your pomotion.

Anyway, now that I have the right talent and am putting on some matches in the C ratings, I'm going back to monthly shows. If I really pushed to have C rated weekly shows, which I would need to do, I can't even imagine how expensive that would be since I was $22k in the red for D shows.

But it wasn't a total waste. I filtered out some bad workers, signed some good ones. I have several workers now that I am confident will give me C level matches.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #87
sabotai
General Manager

NWW In The Zone
November 1999

Venue: The Weston Gymnasium (300 Att)

A video plays hyping Acid vs. Spanish Superfly. (E)

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Dario Shelton in 6:36 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (E)

Match: Troy Tornado defeated Nathan Black in 7:49 by pinfall with a Star Maker. (D-)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Kashmir Singh in 9:55 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (D)

Spanish Superfly had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E+)

Match: Pablo Rodriguez drew with Hell Monkey in 14:34 following a double count out. (D+)

Acid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Spanish Superfly. (E+)

Match: Alex Braun defeated Java in 10:32 by disqualification. During the match we also had The Guru run in and attack Alex Braun. (D)
Alex Braun is improving in Rumble skills.

After the match, Java and The Guru continue their attack on Braun (E)

NWW Title Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Acid in 21:01 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. Spanish Superfly wins the NWW Champion title. (C-)

After the match, Spanish Superfly celebrates his win, but Pablo Rodriguez jumps him. Acid sees this, runs back to the ring and joins in. (E+) Seeing the assault, Hell Monkey comes running in and fights them both off, saving Spanish Superfly from a serious beating. (E+)

Final Rating: D+

I'm selling out the arena now. The difference in the attendance from the weekly show is because I had to promote the weekly show as "Small", since it was only 1 hour. Now that I am back to 2 hour shows, I can market them as "Medium".
Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #88
sabotai
General Manager

December1999

Current Cash: $114,247
Nov Net Profit: +$224

In the Tri State Regional Battle, I finished 5th out of 6.

Lots of workers on my roster are making PPA deals with other promotions. That may create schedule conflicts. Lots of them.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-04-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #89
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Blood For The Holidays
December Week 1, 1999

Marty Papin tries to interview Java about his match with Alex Braun, but Java turns and walks away. (D+)

Match: Primal Rage defeated Rex Reeves in 3:36 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E-)
Primal Rage was really off his game tonight. Rex Reeves was really off his game tonight. Primal Rage is improving in Performance skills.

The Guru has an interview, in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates Alex Braun. (D-)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Dan Billiot in 7:49 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (E)
Dan Billiot seemed off his game tonight.

Alex Braun had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Java. (D-)

Match: Eclipse defeated Tate Lyall in 12:44 by pinfall. (E+)
Tate Lyall was really off his game tonight.

Acid and Pablo Rodriguez had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Hell Monkey and Spanish Superfly. (E+)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Daniel Cano in 13:54 by pinfall with a Termination Kick. (D)

Hell Monkey and Spanish Superfly had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Acid and Pablo Rodriguez. (E+)
Hell Monkey is developing better performance skills.

Hardcore Match: Java defeated Alex Braun in 10:37 by pinfall with a Greetings From The Island. During the match we also had The Guru run in and attack Alex Braun. (D)

Tag Match: Acid and Pablo Rodriguez defeated Hell Monkey and Spanish Superfly in 25:31 when Acid defeated Hell Monkey by pinfall with an Acid Rain Bomb. (D)
The performance of Spanish Superfly stood out as being good. Spanish Superfly is improving in Technical skills.

Bah, I thought the tag main even would do better. Tried to extend the feuds a bit more by having a tag match, getting all 4 in a match and not taking up one of those "3 matches every 6 months" for them. Oh Well.

Java has an A for Menace, so I'm going to try to put him at least one angle per show that is based on Menace. I started off the show with on that rated as D+.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #90
sabotai
General Manager

January 2000

Current Cash: $113,683
Dec Net Profit: -$564

The Guru resigns for $900 PPA

Dan Billot resigned for $150 PPA

Christopher Hart for $150 PPA

Lucas Hale for $100 PPA

Benjamin Moore for $100 PPA

Alex Braun for $700 PPA

We finished last out of 5 in the Tri State Regional Battle

1999 Awards
Wrestler of the Year: Sean McFly
Young Wrestler of the Year: Onji Takashite
Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Koryusai Kitoaji
Female Wrestler of the Year: Sensational Ogiwara (3 years in a row)
Promotion of the Year: SWF (3 years running)
Most Improved Promotion: GCG
Match of the Year: Team Perfection defeated Sean McFly and Christian Faith on SWF Supreme TV
Show of the Year: PGHW Gouge Away Tour

Top 5 Workers of the Year
1. Sean McFly
2. Christian Faith
3. Mito Mawa
4. Adonis
5. Dennis Butler
Old 05-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #91
sabotai
General Manager

NWW New Year's Bash 2000
January Week 1, 2000

Match: Troy Tornado defeated Brady Prince in 4:51 by pinfall with a Star Maker. (E+)

Alex Braun had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Java. (E+)

Match: Pepper Vain defeated Gregg Boone in 4:54 by submission with a Yoshimi Lock. (E-)
Pepper Vain and Gregg Boone don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Pablo Rodriguez had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Hell Monkey. (E+)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Christopher Hart in 4:50 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (E+)
Christopher Hart was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Christopher Hart is improving in Performance skills.

Barbed Wire Match: Alex Braun defeated Java in a 1 vs 1 Barbed Wire USA match in 12:57 by pinfall with a Braun Damage. (D-)

After the match, Java destroys Alex Braun with several chairshots to the ribs! (D-)
Java came across well.

Spanish Superfly had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E-)

Match: Pablo Rodriguez defeated Hell Monkey in 16:53 by pinfall with a Sinner's Salvation. (D+)

NWW Title Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Acid in 21:49 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. Spanish Superfly makes defence number 1 of his NWW Champion title. (C)
Spanish Superfly is improving in Technical skills.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #92
sabotai
General Manager

February 2000

Current Cash: $115,437
Jan Net Profit: +$1,754

Tri State Regional Battle: We finished 2nd out of 4.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #93
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Winter Wonderbash
February Week 1, 2000

Match: Pepper Vain defeated Rex Reeves in 5:58 by submission with a Yoshimi Lock. (E-)
Pepper Vain and Rex Reeves have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

Hell Monkey had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E+)

Match: Java defeated Benjamin Moore in 4:32 by pinfall with a Greetings From The Island. (E-)

After the match, The Guru enters the ring and with Java by his side, taunts Alex Braun (D-)

Match: Eclipse defeated Chris Perkins in 9:32 by pinfall. (D)

Acid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Hell Monkey. (E)

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Troy Tornado in 12:13 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (D-)

Match: Hell Monkey defeated Acid in 17:45 by pinfall with a Tumbling Monkey. (C-)
There were times when there was a definite lack of psychology on display, and the match had a tendency to drift a little. Acid is improving in Rumble skills.

Spanish Superfly is shown preparing for his match. (D-) Then, Pablo Rodriguez had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Spanish Superfly. (E+)

NWW Title Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Pablo Rodriguez in 23:43 by pinfall with a Spanish Superfly Splash. Spanish Superfly makes defence number 2 of his NWW Champion title. (C)
Spanish Superfly is improving in Technical skills.

Final Rating C-

Woohoo. If only I could have those last two matches every month!

I think I may have forgotten to assign the "Script" Road Agent note for the Acid vs. Hell Monkey match.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #94
sabotai
General Manager

March 2000

Current Cash: $115,951
Feb Net Profit: +$514

Tri State Regional Battle: 2nd out of 4.

I'm losing Hell Monkey and Pablo Rodriguez as they tour with PGHW. I have other people signed who will be touring, but Hell Monkey and Pablo Rodriguez already had 3 contracts when they agreed to the tour, and I'm the odd fed out. Just as I got going....good thing I didn't give Rodriguez the title.

But there's good news. Black Eagle's contract was not renewed by SWF and now he's here in NWW! Sweet!. I'll spend several shows having him beat up people before I will have him fued with Spanish Superfly, most likely. I was hoping to see how he'd do in a Hell Monkey fued, but that's out unless I happen to snag him when his tour is over.

In Storyline news, the Hell Monkey vs. Rodriguez fued immediately was deleted when they left. I also ended the four-way fued with Chris Perkins, Eclipse, Tate Lyall and Daniel Cano. Everyone will keep their current pushes.

Acid vs. Spanish Superfly - Heat D
The plan was to end this, but since I lose Monkey and Rodriguez, this fued will continue on for awhile longer.

Braun, The Guru and Jave - Heat D-
This will also continue. Braun will get the crap kicked out of him a few times before I evolve it to give him help.

Vin Tanner vs. Troy Tornado - Heat (Not Debuted)
They put on a D- match so maybe a few more will get a bit of heat and some better matches.

The Rest....

Faces: Wiley Steinway, Eclipse, Kashmir Singh, Christopher Hart
Heels: Pepper Vain, Primal Rage, Tate Lyall, Mean Jean Cattley

Each worker will face the 4 opponents on the other side. A few are Upper Midcarders (Steinway and Eclipse), the rest are Midcarders. After they all have their 4 matches, The one face and the one heel with the best average match rating will be given "Upper Midcarder" status. The one on each side with the worst will be taken all the way to "Lower Midcarder" The rest will be "Midcarders".

If the demoted workers don't like it, they can leave. Cream always rises. I will keep doing this every 4 months to try to work up the good workers and push down the bad. I'll probably get Lower Midcarders in the mix to give them a way to work up the ladder.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #95
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Wrestlefest
March Week 1, 2000

Made this card 3 hours long

Troy Tornado comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interupted by Vin Tanner. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before agreeing to face each other later on in a singles match. (D-)
Vin Tanner is learning to show more charisma. Vin Tanner is developing better performance skills.

Match: Black Eagle defeated Rex Reeves in 8:12 by pinfall with a New Jersey Turnpike. (D-)
The performance of Black Eagle stood out as being good.

Match: The Guru defeated Benjamin Moore in 5:54 by pinfall. (E-)

After the match, The Guru has an interview in which he taunts Alex Braun. (D-)

Match: Daniel Cano defeated Apprentica Jr in 4:38 by pinfall. (E)

Acid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Alex Braun. (E)

Match: Chris Perkins defeated Gregg Boone in 5:47 by pinfall with an Insanity Tsunami. (E+)

Match: Wiley Steinway defeated Pepper Vain in 7:51 by pinfall. (E)
Wiley Steinway is improving in Flying skills.

Marty Papin tries to interview Java about his match with Spanish Superfly, but Java turns and walks away. (C-)

Match: Eclipse defeated Primal Rage in 7:49 by pinfall. (D-)

Alex Braun had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (E+)

Match: Tate Lyall defeated Kashmir Singh in 8:28 by pinfall. (E+)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Christopher Hart in 7:48 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (D-)

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Troy Tornado in 12:42 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (D-)
Vin Tanner seemed off his game tonight.

Match: Alex Braun defeated Acid in 21:49 when Acid was disqualified when Java ran in and attacked Alex Braun. (D+)

After the match, Java continued to attack Braun until he had to be carried out. Java stayed and waited in the ring for his title match. (D)

Match: Spanish Superfly defeated Java in 15:08 when Java was counted out after being attacked by Alex Braun. Spanish Superfly makes defence number 3 of his NWW Champion title. (C-)
Java is improving in Performance skills.

Java and Alex Braun brawl as the show comes to a close (E)

Not as good as I hoped for, but I didn't have many expectation with the main event.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #96
sabotai
General Manager

April 2000

Current Cash: $115,194
March Net Profit: -$757

Finished last in the Tri State Regional Battle.

Archangel
- $1000 PPA. I'm surprised he didn't ask for $1500, but after setting Main Event and Face, he accepted for the initial offer. He's a Big Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. He has decent skills Brawling and Chain Wrestling. B+ in Power and Toughness. C+ for Stamina. Great Entertainment: B+ Mic, A Charisma. Good Performance skills: Basics B-, Psych C-. Star Quality A*, Menace B+

In other words, amazing worker for my fed, and that he'll be gone in a few months most likely.

Blue Sky: $450 PPA + $382 Travel. Signed to basically replace Hell Monkey. Seems like I'm just redoing my main event scene from CZCW....

The Round Robin for Promotion update

Faces
Wiley Steinway: E
Eclipse: D-
Kashmir Singh: E+
Christopher Hart: D-

Heels
Pepper Vain: E
Primal Rage: D-
Tate Lyall: E+
Mean Jean Cattley: D-
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #97
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Fast and Furious
April Week 1, 2000

Match: Wiley Steinway defeated Primal Rage in 7:31 by pinfall. (D-)
Wiley Steinway is improving in Rumble skills.

Match: Eclipse defeated Pepper Vain in 7:45 by pinfall. (D-)

Match: Mean Jean Cattley defeated Kashmir Singh in 8:18 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. (D)
Kashmir Singh is improving in Performance skills. Mean Jean Cattley is improving in Rumble skills.

Alex Braun had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with The Guru. (E+)

Match: Christopher Hart defeated Tate Lyall in 7:44 by pinfall. (F+)
Christopher Hart is improving in Performance skills.

Match: Vin Tanner defeated Troy Tornado in 11:23 by pinfall with a V For Victory. (D-)

The Guru had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Alex Braun. (D-)

Match: Black Eagle defeated Daniel Cano in 4:37 by pinfall with a New Jersey Turnpike. (D)

Blue Sky had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Acid. (D-)

Match: Acid defeated Blue Sky in 15:38 by pinfall with an Acid Rain Bomb. (D)
Blue Sky seemed off his game tonight.

Match: Alex Braun defeated The Guru in 12:14 when The Guru was disqualified when Java ran in and attacked Alex Braun. (E+)
The Guru was visibly tiring toward the end.

After the match, Java and The Guru continued to attack Alex Braun, like usual. (E) This time, however, the lights went out and after a few seconds, they came back on to show a menacing figure with a white painted face standing in the ring. Java and The Guru didn't know what to make of it. Java walked up to the newcomer a few times and tried to attack him, but his attacks were thwarted. The Guru and Java left the ring, vowing revenge on the unknown newcomer. (E+)

Alex Braun and The Guru....banned from the main event. At least vs. each other. I may just relegate The Guru to manager status. He has good in ring skills, but he can't last. I guess I can have him fight jobbers, but no more top level matches.

Spanish Superfly was working elsewhere, that is why the lack of a title match. It was originally going to be Acid vs. Superfly, but I had to stick Blue Sky in there. The reason I made Braun vs. Guru the main event after that was because it had more Heat on the Advance Booking screen. My bad.

The menacing figure that showed up was Archangel. For those unfamilair with the C-Verse, basically imagine Crow Sting, but just a white face. His starting gimmick is called "Avenging Angel".
Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #98
sabotai
General Manager

May 2000

Current Cash: $115,378
April Net Profit: +$184

Tons of people resigned. Won't bore with the details.

Finished last in the Regional Battle again.

And I've lost Black Eagle for awhile as he goes off to Japan.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-06-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #99
sabotai
General Manager

NWW Armageddon
May Week 3, 2000

Pushed to week 3 to avoid schedule conflicts

The show starts off with Java coming to the ring. Just as he gets there, Archangel walks out and gets into the ring. Officials hit the ring and try to separate the two monsters. They keep pushing off the officials and staring down each other until The Guru convinces Java to leave and that he'll get what's coming to him later in their match. (D+)

Match: Blue Sky defeated Apprentica Jr in 5:35 by pinfall with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. (E+)
Apprentica Jr was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

Match: Troy Tornado defeated The Black Knight in 6:52 by pinfall with a Star Maker. (E+)

Match: Primal Rage defeated Christopher Hart in 7:33 by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. (E)
Christopher Hart seemed off his game tonight.

Match: Kashmir Singh defeated Pepper Vain in 7:38 by pinfall. (E+)
Pepper Vain is improving in Technical skills.

Match: Eclipse defeated Mean Jean Cattley in 7:49 by pinfall. (D)

Vin Tanner has an interview in which he taunts Troy Tornado. (E+) Tornado shows up and says that while he has not had success in the ring with Tanner, he knows he figured him out and that if Tanner was man enough he'd face him one more time, in a hardcore no-rules match (E)

Match: Wiley Steinway defeated Tate Lyall in 8:01 by pinfall. (E)
Wiley Steinway seemed off his game tonight.

Match: Java defeated Archangel in 9:48 by pinfall with a Greetings From The Island following interference from The Guru. (D-)
Archangel and Java just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

The Guru has a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Archangel (D-) Archangel quickly goes after The Guru and chases him off. (D-)

NWW Title Match: Acid defeated Spanish Superfly in 19:51 by pinfall with an Acid Rain Bomb. Acid wins the NWW Champion title.
Acid is improving in Performance skills. Spanish Superfly is improving in Technical skills.

Archangel and Java don't click at all!! Noooo!! *sigh*

Great main event though. Hopefully I can get Blue Sky and one more heel into the mix so that I can have alternating main events to keep that title match strong every month. Maybe Java, he has the momentum (C-). Alex Braun also has a C momentum. Blue Sky needs to improve his.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #100
sabotai
General Manager

June 2000

Current Cash: $115,471
May Net Profit: +$93

We finished 3rd in the Tri State Regional Battle.

The Black Knight will be leaving. We wanted a bit more than what I was willing to give for a jobber.

We've been shifting back and forth from E- and E Importance in the Tri State region. An E+ gives us Regional status. The good thing about Tri State is that it has 100% Importance, which means once our popularity hits E+, so does our Importance. We're probably still a ways from E+, but I don't want to be constantly shifting between Small and Regional, so once we hit Regional, I need to be ready to make a strong push to give us some breathing room.

It would seem like the world of the SWF has gone completely to hell because they have fallen down to Cult size. Supreme TV was dumped by their UK channel, Canadian channel and Japanese channel. As a result, SWF is only seen in the US now, except one show that is still on in Europe, which they will probably lose soon. Sam Keith, as a result, has been removed as Head Booker.

I'd put my hat in for the job, but their product doesn't fit what I want to do. Mainstream is Key, Traditional and Comedy is Heavy, Cult Medium. That means workers are rated much more on popularity than performance and all workers need proper gimmicks. Not quite my cup of tea. Don't think I'd have too much fun booking a show based more on popularity than talent.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-06-2009 at 05:57 PM.