Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #51
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
If we're setting the bar at Captain America, then I think from now on whenever someone posts a thread about any individual who is sick or dying, "Who?" will be an appropriate response.

The bar is high, gentlemen.

Sounds good to me.

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
They have to get a piece of the tween market, man. Research shows that most kids lose interestin Dora after age 6 or so. It's a decidely childish character. So they are looking to draw tweens into an older, maturing Dora character. That's the theory, anyway.

so why mess with original dora who has the kiddie market and piss off parents? why not give dora a long-lost "tween" sister to hang out with? call her bora...or maura or laura
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #53
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm familiar with the movie and have seen it with my girls several times, but until I saw it listed among her movies, I had no idea who she was or that she was in it. Just putting 2 and 2 together, I assume she was the British mom. Aside from Lohan, I don't even remember anyone else from that movie, either. But I don't really follow movies or actors.

Dennis Quaid man!

The only reason I recognized the name was all the freakin' rebroadcasts on cable. My wife and I used to be browsing the guide and one of us would say "Hey, I know, we could watch the Parent Trap! We haven't seen that in AGES!" at least twice a week. It was an awesome running gag. But as a result I saw her name a lot.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #54
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

No clue. They aren't doing away with the original Dora, as far as I know, but it does appear that there will be "dual track" Dora's out there, one for the pre-school set and one for the tweens.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #55
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Ah yes, Dennis Quaid. I do remember him. Funny, I don't think I've ever seen The Parent Trap on TV, it's always been on VHS (we don't even have it on DVD).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #56
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
No clue. They aren't doing away with the original Dora, as far as I know, but it does appear that there will be "dual track" Dora's out there, one for the pre-school set and one for the tweens.

So like alternate timelines like Terminator and Sarah Connor Chronicles, or alternate universe like DC and Marvel comics?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #57
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so why mess with original dora who has the kiddie market and piss off parents? why not give dora a long-lost "tween" sister to hang out with? call her bora...or maura or laura

My wife and I have been discussing this for the last few minutes over IRC, and her points are that:

1) The way to compete with Hannah Montana and the Bratz is not to BE them, but to DIFFERENTIATE from them. Forget the short skirt / leggings look, she ought to continue dressing outdoorsy and having outdoor adventures.

2) She needs to get away from all "girlfriends" and have a mix.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #58
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
she ought to continue dressing outdoorsy and having outdoor adventures.

2) She needs to get away from all "girlfriends"

So do you want tween Dora to be lesbian or not? Make up your mind!
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

I love how this thread went from the injury of Natasha Richardson (Her sister plays Julia on Nip/Tuck, btw), to who the hell is Natasha Richardson, to if the new Dora the Explorer is becoming a slut.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #60
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They aren't doing away with the original Dora, as far as I know, but it does appear that there will be "dual track" Dora's out there, one for the pre-school set and one for the tweens.

Ding ding ding.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #61
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

The freaky thing is that Natasha Richardson was going to be the voice of Tween Dora. Totally true, I read it in the Enquirer.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #62
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Several outlets now reporting that a spokesperson for Richardson's family says she has died.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #63
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Several outlets now reporting that a spokesperson for Richardson's family says she has died.

According the BBC, the source is Liam Neeson's publicist. It's all over the UK news channels now.

Last edited by Ryan S : 03-18-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #64
MrBug708
Head Coach

RIP
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #65
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Sad.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #66
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, at least there is some good that came of this

(CNN) -- Connie and Donald McCracken were watching CNN one evening last week when they learned of the tragic death of actress Natasha Richardson from a head injury. Immediately, their minds turned to their 7-year-old daughter, Morgan, who was upstairs getting ready for bed.
Morgan McCracken's epidural hematoma is the lens-shaped white mass at the top right of the left CT scan.

Two days earlier, Morgan, her father, and brother had been playing baseball in the yard of their Mentor, Ohio, home when her father hit a line drive that landed just above Morgan's left temple. A lump formed, but the McCrackens iced it down and the swelling subsided within an hour.

"For the next two days, she was perfectly fine," Donald McCracken says. "She had no symptoms. She went to school both days and got an A on her spelling test as usual. There were no issues whatsoever."

But after hearing about Richardson's death, the McCrackens wondered if Morgan was really as OK as she seemed. After all, Richardson had been talking and lucid immediately after her fatal injury.

When they went upstairs to kiss Morgan good night, she complained of a headache. "Because of Natasha, we called the pediatrician immediately. And by the time I got off the phone with him, Morgan was sobbing, her head hurt so much," McCracken says.

The McCrackens took Morgan to the emergency room at LakeWest Hospital in neighboring Willoughby, where doctors ordered a CT scan and immediately put Morgan on a helicopter to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland, with her father by her side.

"I knew it was bad when she had to get there by helicopter in six minutes, instead of the 30 minutes it would have taken to get to Cleveland in an ambulance," McCracken said.

When the helicopter arrived at Rainbow, the McCrackens were greeted by Dr. Alan Cohen, the hospital's chief of pediatric neurosurgery. He whisked Morgan into the operating room, pausing for a moment to tell McCracken that his daughter had the same injury as Richardson: an epidural hematoma.

McCracken remembers standing in the emergency room, feeling like the life had just been sucked out of him. "My heart sank," he says. "It just sank."

Unlike Richardson's, Morgan's story has a happy ending. After surgery and five days in the hospital, she's at home and doing fine. "Dr. Cohen told us that if we hadn't brought her in Thursday night, she never would have woken up," McCracken says.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #67
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wow Mustang, that story is incredible. Exactly the horror story that I mentioned above regarding always wondering about my own kids now if they ever get a head injury. Really good news that their daughter ended up ok from it.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #68
molson
General Manager

Great story - but I wonder what the actual medical advice on head injuries is. From what I remember from the Richardson story, she also waited until until having a headache before seeking medical help - same as this girl.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote