Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2003, 06:44 PM   #51
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Final tally for our best youth pull ever? $265,000.

And guess what?

WE'RE OUT OF DEBT! YES! HOORAH!

Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #52
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Isn't it nice? Now don't go spending it all.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:59 PM   #53
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
Isn't it nice? Now don't go spending it all.

There's gotta be an over/under on the number of days Warlord will stay debt free Anybody with connections? Anybody?

My guess would be something like 5 days

FrogMan
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 07:06 PM   #54
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh yeah, me and my 11,000 bucks I have in the black can carry me a long way.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:48 PM   #55
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

You can get a cheap used car. To drive your team around.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:00 PM   #56
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I'm with FrogMan. I'm going with the under, too.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:06 AM   #57
Alf
Pro Starter

I guess he'll do a stadium renovation with the money. That's what I am doing right now (expansion to 13200 seats)
Old 04-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #58
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Coffee, now we both know that being $12,000 in the black means having $212,000 to spend At least that's how I always see it.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:08 AM   #59
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bah! That means I've got 512,000 to spend!

And yes, while I've managed to pry myself away from the transfer lists, (although a solid scorer would be nice), I will be upgrading the arena.....sometime soon. I imagine debt will returneth once that happens. Unless of course, we get another good yoot pull.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:11 AM   #60
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Interestingly, my next game is against a computer controlled team (Kansas Pharaos) that knocked one of your serie-mate (Ultra Pep) out of the cup. According to their team history, that squad finished last season last in your serie before being taken over this past offseason by a new owner. The Hattrick Gods apparently were not feeling overly kind when they assigned his squad.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:20 AM   #61
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. Ultra Pep.

In the 4 or 5 games they played last season, they didn't score a single goal. At all. They...suck. Bad.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:03 AM   #62
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
Bah! That means I've got 512,000 to spend!

And yes, while I've managed to pry myself away from the transfer lists, (although a solid scorer would be nice), I will be upgrading the arena.....sometime soon. I imagine debt will returneth once that happens. Unless of course, we get another good yoot pull.

Pardon me, did you just say the two yoots?

I'm sorry your honor the two "yooooouuthz".
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:21 PM   #63
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Cup match results. This was a PIC, and I played around a bit with my lineup, to see what would happen. Not overly impressed with the results.

4531 spectators had come to California Field this cloudy day. California had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Farr - Vogel, Thorne, Needham, Price - Aimar, Lamar, Villarreal, Pace - Delaney, Kowalski.

Galesburg had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Tirado - Guinot, Andres Alvaro, Valadez - Otero, Oskarsson, Hammond, Poulin, Shaffer - Jones, Matson.

After 6 minutes Galesburg put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Tommy Joe Poulin finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. Jesse Matson of Galesburg received a yellow card in the 12th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The game had been on for 21 minutes when Sam Jones broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Galesburg´s were up 0 - 2. The referee showed Californias John Lamar the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Galesburg will have to do without Peter Guinot for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Paofai Croom-Carter. Sam Jones increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. The away team´s Sam Jones took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 40:th minute increasing Galesburg´s lead to 0 - 4. This third goal made a hat trick for Sam Jones. After this Galesburg lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. 0 - 4 was the half-time score. Galesburg, bringing the final ball possession rate to 79 percent, dominated the battle.

The visitors Ken Shaffer took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 53rd minute. 0 - 5 for Galesburg. After the ball got lifted in from the left Sam Jones was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 59 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. In the 59:th minute Galesburgs Ken Shaffer received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Galesburg, bringing the final ball possession rate to 91 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating California player was without a doubt Christopher Pace. Cale Thorne was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Galesburg player was without a doubt Leonardo Andres Alvaro. Paofai Croom-Carter on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 5.

Galesburg Avengers
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

So, I'm basically not pleased with the results here. The freakin wingback we JUST bought went down for 5 damn weeks. But, the good news is, I instantly got a replacement for him, for a good price. He's actually better than Guinot anyway.

Midfield, why do you continue to torment me? Otero will not be playing towards middle again. He gets much better team/individual ratings when playing offensively. Elliot Hammond just lost his midfielding job to Tommy Joe Poulin. Hammond will, however, continue to start as an offensive central defender. The job of the second wingback will go to Leonardo Andres Alvaro, replacing Rodney Valadez. Depending on the team we face on any given week, Alvaro will either play as a central defender or a wingback.

Anyway, here's our new face, picked up for an easy 15,000. (still not in debt! ha!)

Rickie Quiroz (8926189)
26 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Assessed value: 68 000 US$
Wage: 980 US$/week
Owner: Galesburg Avengers
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: disastrous
Old 04-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #64
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I just...can't resist the transfer market.

Well, I can, but I realized I was short 1 playmaking trainee. And we're still not in debt!

Nicasio Pinto (10212986)
18 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is fiery and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: España
Assessed value: 32 000 US$
Wage: 780 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Galesburg Avengers
Warnings: 0

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

A whopping $4,000 purchase, and if memory serves, he's about 2 weeks out from a bump to passable. He'll be trained to solid or excellent and sold.

Training update and league match overview on its way.