Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #51
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'm sure it's standard operating procedure for most psycholigists to hold a press conference and speak with Entertainment Tonight and The Insider after a free consultation.

Way to go Dr Phil. You're a bigger douche bag than I thought.

heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #52
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

The hospital should be thoroughly investigated for sending Dr. Douche to her room without her consent as well. He so wants to help her that he wanted to do an on air intervention? What a scumbag.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #53
thealmighty
Pro Starter

*sob*

LEAVE Dr. PHIL ALONE

*sob*
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #54
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I actually feel bad for her. I think she needs some serious help not only with her addiction but her mental problems that could have been a result of the drugs. I understand the whole bit about her popularity causing all this media attention but I hope they just leave her alone so she can get the help she needs without all the scrutiny.

I think this is normal behaver in the trailer park.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #55
Groundhog
Coordinator

hxxp://www.whenisbritneygoingtodie.com/

I get the feeling that the winner will be getting his PS3 while it's still current-gen.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #56
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
From TMZ.com:

Quote:
Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ Brit pitched a fit that she had to attend a deposition in the custody case earlier in the day and she wanted "make-up" time with the kids that evening. Britney had visitation rights with the kids that day. She was supposed to surrender them to K-Daddy at 7:00 PM, but wanted two extra hours. K-Fed and his lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, wouldn't allow it, so she locked herself in the house -- thus the stand-off.

Here are the probs with Brit's theory. First, the reason her depo was set for last Thursday was because she failed to show the day before. Second, Thursday's depo was supposed to begin at 9:45 AM and go until 11:45 AM. She didn't show until 11:32, so the depo lasted less than 15 minutes. We've learned she only had visitation rights that day between noon and 7 PM. The depo ended at 11:45 and her house was only 15 minutes away. So she really didn't lose any time with the kids.

Looks like she is going to have to do some more "creative thinking" to wiggle out of this one...hope she has enough brain cells left to come up with a plausable theory for why she did what she did.

Seriously, I hope she gets a crazy big bill that insurance won't cover for the cost of the manpower, ambulance, etc for her little stunt. I'm all for helping people, but she has been in and out of rehab, offered help over and over again, and she just keeps going and getting more outrageous. My days of having sympathy for her are just about over.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #57
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Spears shocks shoppers with striptease

Last Update: 1/15 3:41 pm

Britney Spears (Getty Images/File) Britney Spears stunned sales staff at a Betsey Johnson store in Sherman Oaks, California on Sunday when she stepped out of a fitting room completely naked.
A day before Spears' bizarre antics outside a Los Angeles courthouse cost her visitation rights to her young son for a month, the singer was stripping in front of shoppers.

Spears and her paparazzi boyfriend Adnan Ghalib caused a stir at the upmarket store upon their arrival, and as trendy shoppers watched, Spears grabbed a Betsey Johnson dress and took it to a fitting room.

But when she re-appeared, she wasn't wearing the dress or what she had on when she entered the store.

One store employee who witnessed Spears' shocking display tells Life & Style magazine, "I was blown away. Britney's private parts were right in front of me!

"I grabbed a dress to cover her and she screamed, 'Get away from me! Don't you *****ng come near me!'"

Witnesses allege Spears and Ghalib then spent more than 30 minutes alone in one of the store's fitting rooms before the singer stumbled out, mumbling unintelligibly.

Another employee says, "I couldn't understand a word she was saying. She was slurring and spitting, and talking with a British accent... I wanted to help her, but she was so mean that I left her alone."

The bizarre scene at Betsey Johnson came during a weekend when Spears was spotted out and about with her new man, wearing one of the dresses she wore when she wed Kevin Federline in 2004.

She returned to the area after her bizarre Los Angeles Superior Court antics on Monday for more craziness - she took an army of paparazzi into a nearby church and insisted on sitting in silence for just over two minutes.

hxxp://www.abcactionnews.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=e5b7a814-9a8e-4e9f-8479-2381058abdd8&hahah
Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #58
Anthony
Banned

unless there's actual proof of her in that store in her bday suit, i don't believe it.

if she woulda showed the whole world her privates (since she has 24/7 paparazzi following her) she woulda done it long ago in Playboy and made millions for doing so.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #59
General Mike
Pro Starter

General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #60
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
unless there's actual proof of her in that store in her bday suit, i don't believe it.

There are some pics out there documenting the event.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #61
JediKooter
Coordinator

What the hell did Dr. Phil do to her???

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #62
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
There are some pics out there documenting the event.

directions to pix plz! I have never witnessed a trainwreck before
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #63
st.cronin
General Manager

This will not end well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #64
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

According to TMZ, a complaint has been filed with the CA Board of Psychology stating that Dr. Phil was illegally practicing without a license when he went to visit Britney. Supposedly he has never been licensed in CA, only in TX, and he let that license expire/retire in 2006. The complaint also states that Dr. Phil violated HIPAA laws when he discussed Britney's state of mind, condition, etc...via a press release.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #65
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

How far can a person go before they are forcibly institutionalized? She is going beyond anything Michael Jackson ever did that was "out there" and just running around inarguably crazy out of her mind. The people in her "paparazzi entourage" should all be shot for just letting another human basically kill herself slowly in public. I mean, she has done her part by going completely batshit insane, but WTF?

Isn't there some sort of limit to this? Its gone beyond funny and laughable to sick and depressing.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #66
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
According to TMZ, a complaint has been filed with the CA Board of Psychology stating that Dr. Phil was illegally practicing without a license when he went to visit Britney. Supposedly he has never been licensed in CA, only in TX, and he let that license expire/retire in 2006. The complaint also states that Dr. Phil violated HIPAA laws when he discussed Britney's state of mind, condition, etc...via a press release.

Dr. Phil is a douche. I have a feeling he likes the women, depsite his marriage to Robin.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-16-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #67
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

I think it has to be an either/or call. They can't claim that he's not a doctor, and also claim he violated HIPPA. He would have to be a licensed doctor to have violated HIPPA. (I've been spending a lot of time recently at work getting caught up on all sorts of regulatory issues surrounding data transfer)
Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #68
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
directions to pix plz! I have never witnessed a trainwreck before

Since I can't post a direct link, there is a website that has starpulse in between the www and the dot com.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #69
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Since I can't post a direct link, there is a website that has starpulse in between the www and the dot com.

Didn't find it there.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #70
Lorena
Unregistered

So the papparazi guy spent 30 minutes in the fitting room and she came out naked and disoriented? If he truly, TRULY cared for her, he would try and help her not give her something to get her all looney and shit. It's clear the guy is with her for future book deals, interviews, etc and how much money he can get out of this relationship. Who knows what kind of pictures this guy has when she's been out of it.

Ugh, what a vile human being.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #71
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So the papparazi guy spent 30 minutes in the fitting room and she came out naked and disoriented? If he truly, TRULY cared for her, he would try and help her not give her something to get her all looney and shit. It's clear the guy is with her for future book deals, interviews, etc and how much money he can get out of this relationship. Who knows what kind of pictures this guy has when she's been out of it.

Ugh, what a vile human being.

I think that they went into the dressing room together after she came out naked...at least that's how I read it.

But yeah, either way, he's vile...perfect word DC!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #72
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Didn't find it there.

ditto
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #73
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Do a google non safe search for "Britney Spears dressing room". That's how i found them.

Wasn't impressed.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #74
cartman
Death Herald

Sorry, wrong celeb site.

Spoiler

Last edited by cartman : 01-16-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #75
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Both of you fail. Those are from this past june I believe
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #76
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I think that they went into the dressing room together after she came out naked...at least that's how I read it.

But yeah, either way, he's vile...perfect word DC!

Yeah you're right, I misread. Well I hope he went in there to talk some sense into her, but who knows.

Poor girl, if an overdose of drugs don't kill her, the media will drive her to kill herself by other methods. Ugh, so sad

Last edited by Lorena : 01-16-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #77
Anthony
Banned

those aren't the most recent pics, pertaining to the latest article. those pics you find when you google "Britney Spears dressing room" are from a previous dressing room routine, back in 2007.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #78
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it has to be an either/or call. They can't claim that he's not a doctor, and also claim he violated HIPPA. He would have to be a licensed doctor to have violated HIPPA. (I've been spending a lot of time recently at work getting caught up on all sorts of regulatory issues surrounding data transfer)

I don't think that's technically true. I worked at a hospital an all staff had to protect patient confidentiality or it was a breach of HIPPA, whether we were doctor's or not.

I couldn't just go into the waiting room and go 'Mr. cartman, the doctor will see you about your raging case of herpes' for example since that would violate HIPPA.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #79
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I don't think that's technically true. I worked at a hospital an all staff had to protect patient confidentiality or it was a breach of HIPPA, whether we were doctor's or not.

I couldn't just go into the waiting room and go 'Mr. cartman, the doctor will see you about your raging case of herpes' for example since that would violate HIPPA.

That's true in the scenario you described. But from what I understood, he went there on his own and met her in her home when he made his "diagnosis". If he didn't have a license, then at that point he is a layperson, and his "diagnosis" would be a non-medical opinion, and not covered by HIPPA. I do agree that if there were licensed medical people there as well, and if he announced their findings, then that would point to a HIPPA violation.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #80
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

And the saga continues...from TMZ:

Sources are now painting a very disturbing picture of Britney Spears, or whoever she happens to be at any given moment.

We're told the whole British accent thing -- well, it's more than an accent. Britney has multiple personalities, including, as people in her life call it, "the British girl." We're told when Spears loses the British personality, she has absolutely no idea what she did during the time she assumed that personality.

Sources say Brit has a number of other identities, where she becomes "the weepy girl, the diva, the incoherent girl," and on and on.

Sources say Britney had become the British girl the day she didn't show for her deposition and has no recollection of it.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #81
cartman
Death Herald

Word is that the AP has a canned obit ready, just in case, as they do for many other famous people. Pretty sad.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #82
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Word is that the AP has a canned obit ready, just in case, as they do for many other famous people. Pretty sad.

Yeah, I saw that too...supposedly they have them for quite a few celebs, but usually when they are older/ill.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #83
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
That's true in the scenario you described. But from what I understood, he went there on his own and met her in her home when he made his "diagnosis". If he didn't have a license, then at that point he is a layperson, and his "diagnosis" would be a non-medical opinion, and not covered by HIPPA. I do agree that if there were licensed medical people there as well, and if he announced their findings, then that would point to a HIPPA violation.

Well, just got home and cringed when I realized we were both talking about something that doesn't even exist.

Of course, the new question is did he violate the federal HIPAA laws. :o

Did a quick google and found something I had no idea about or if it's even true but check this out.

Quote:
At the national level, the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, known as Hipaa, also restricts doctors, therapists and health care workers from disclosing patients’ medical information. Yet the act governs only providers who use electronic billing, says Kirk J. Nahra, head of the privacy practice at law firm Wiley Rein in Washington, D.C.

I've never heard that one before.

hxxp://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/do-the-rules-apply-to-dr-phil/
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #84
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
And the saga continues...from TMZ:

Sources are now painting a very disturbing picture of Britney Spears, or whoever she happens to be at any given moment.

We're told the whole British accent thing -- well, it's more than an accent. Britney has multiple personalities, including, as people in her life call it, "the British girl." We're told when Spears loses the British personality, she has absolutely no idea what she did during the time she assumed that personality.

Sources say Brit has a number of other identities, where she becomes "the weepy girl, the diva, the incoherent girl," and on and on.

Sources say Britney had become the British girl the day she didn't show for her deposition and has no recollection of it.

I have a friend who walked almost the identical path. He started with heavy drugs, then came the hair shavings then the fake voices ( including a british one a few years ago ). Now he thinks he's a dolphin and has been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic.

This is a fascinating story a newspaper wrote about him.

hxxp://www.prisonpotpourri.com/INFOandNEWS%20/Tampabay%20Hope's%20halfway%20house.html

It's pretty long but it's a pretty accurate and fair story.

Here's a part of the story though which relates.

Quote:
The Dolphin has slipped away.

His real name is Tom Almond, but at night, in his dreams, he finds water and fins. Others have seen his feet in bed, rhythmically moving together.

Years ago, doctors diagnosed him as delusional. Now they're exploring his multiple personalities.

Those around him also worry about his use of crack cocaine.

It is the end of May and he has come into money, a $40,000 settlement paid out after he hurt his back in a car crash delivering pizzas. He has vanished into a neighborhood of transients and drug holes.

"I'm real scared," Debbie says. "He was flashing money in the ghetto. That's a good way to get killed."

Tom, 40, moved into her place in the spring. He was living with his mother a few doors down when he first met Debbie outside the boarding house one morning at 3 a.m. She was planting flowers, and he was walking his dogs. She made tea but ran out of sugar, so Tom went home for more.

He kept finding reasons to come back.

Now he's gone.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #85
Axxon
Pro Starter

Needless to say, I don't like Britney's music and it's easy to make fun of her but I honestly, deep down, know how she's suffering and damn it, I don't care how you fucked up to get there, no one needs to put up with that shit so I feel very, very sad about this. To use a term I saw today and really liked, "I feel empathetic not sympathetic with what she and everyone who cares for her for real is going through right now and this isn't likely to end well but I see jail before death frankly.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #86
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Well, just got home and cringed when I realized we were both talking about something that doesn't even exist.

Of course, the new question is did he violate the federal HIPAA laws. :o

Did a quick google and found something I had no idea about or if it's even true but check this out.

I've never heard that one before.

hxxp://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/do-the-rules-apply-to-dr-phil/

Yes, I'm quoting myself but this is the ultimate in Ironic blog headlines.

Quote:
Note to Dr. Phil: Can You Spell HIPPA?

Posted by Mark on January 9, 2008

Oopsie.

hxxp://libertyjustincase.com/2008/01/09/note-to-dr-phil-can-you-spell-hippa/
Old 01-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #87
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Hmmm. If Spears really does have some serious medical issues, then we can see why they have laws against doing what Dr. Phil allegedly did (practicing without a license).

Had a trained professional seen her under the right circumstances, he might have been able to provide a proper diagnosis. But Dr. Phil going in there gives the family some sense that a Doctor has seen her, when no such thing has happened.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #88
Buccaneer
Head Coach

She must me working on various movies roles at the same time.

I would almost call BS because anytime any celebrity behaves badly, they play the bipolar or shizo card. Perhaps in some rare cases it would be true, but in most others, it's just an excuse since it is all built upon lies and perception.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #89
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
She must me working on various movies roles at the same time.

I would almost call BS because anytime any celebrity behaves badly, they play the bipolar or shizo card. Perhaps in some rare cases it would be true, but in most others, it's just an excuse since it is all built upon lies and perception.

Really?

Can you name another?

I'm not saying that it isn't true but I don't recall anyone else giving this answer. The closest I can remember is Rozanne Barr saying she had MPD. I can't think of anyone else saying that they have severe mental health issues. I'd imagine that would actually hurt an image more than help it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #90
Axxon
Pro Starter

A quick google search shows a pretty small list of bipolar celebrities and it doesn't look like all of these were known for behaving badly.

Quote:
Celebrities with Bipolar Disorder
From Kimberly Read & Marcia Purse,
Your Guide to Bipolar Disorder.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by Steven Gans, MD
Listed by Birthday
Some of the people listed here are celebrities who have talked openly about having bipolar disorder; others have been judged by history to have suffered from manic depression. At least one is being called bipolar because of what may be a misinterpretation.

The list will grow as the next year goes by. We are adding short biographical pieces about each of these famous bipolars on their birthdays.

Date Unknown

• Heinz C. Prechter - Entrepreneur - 1942

January

• Virginia Woolf - novelist - January 25, 1882

February

• Axl Rose - rock singer - February 6, 1962

March

• Maurice Benard - actor - March 1, 1963
• Robert Lowell - poet - March 1, 1917
• Charley Pride - country-western singer - March 18, 1938

May

• Rosemary Clooney - singer - May 23, 1928

June

• Mariette Hartley - actress - advocate - June 21, 1940

September

• Linda Hamilton - actress - September 26, 1956

October

• Sting - musician, actor - October 2, 1951
• Margot Kidder - actress - October 17, 1948
• Jean-Claude Van Damme - actor - October 18, 1960
• Jeannie C. Riley - country-western singer - October 19, 1945
• Carrie Fisher - actress/writer - October 21, 1956
• Sylvia Plath - poet/author - October 27, 1932

November

• Larry Flynt - publisher, activist - November 1, 1942
• Vivien Leigh - actress - November 5, 1913
• Jonathan Winters - comedian, actor - November 11, 1925
• Burgess Meredith - actor - November 16, 1907
• Dick Cavett - actor, author, host - November 19, 1936
• Ben Stiller - actor, director, writer, comedian - November 30, 1965

December

• Connie Francis - singer, actress - December 12, 1938
• Patty Duke - actress - December 14, 1946
• DMX - rapper & actor - December 18, 1970
• Phil Spector - musician, producer - December 26, 1940

hxxp://bipolar.about.com/cs/celebs/a/bl_celebrities.htm
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #91
rkmsuf
Head Coach

DMX yo!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #92
Axxon
Pro Starter

Fun little list of mental celebrities. Only 2 with schizophrenia.

Now, I gotta go or I'll be late to work.

hxxp://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art21256.asp

Quote:
Celebrities and Disorders

Celebrities and Disorders

Celebrities… normal people with a fantastical life. Something many wish they had and yet it seems unattainable. Their lives seem adventurous, romantic, exciting. But they are people just like us. After receiving a question posed about celebrities known with a certain disorder ~ I did some research. Here’s what I found.

CELEBRITIES WITH EATING DISORDERS: Past or Present (openly proclaimed – information here will only contain information stated directly from the individual)

Paula Abdul, Jane Fonda, Ashlee Simpson, Mary-Kate Olsen, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Christina Ricci, Felicity Huffman, Kelly Clarkson, Janice Dickinson, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Scarlett Pomers, Princess Diana, Melanie Chisholm, Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, Carrie Otis, Alexandra Paul, Elisa Donovan, Alanis Morrisette, Sharon Osbourne, Fiona Apple, Audrey Hepburn, Kate Winslet, Kate Beckinsale, Sylvia Plath, Kelly Ripa, Ally Sheedy, Patty Duke, Tracey Gold, Sandra Dee, Susan Dey, Elton John, Billy Bob Thornton, Matthew Perry, Dennis Quaid, Alfred Hitchcock, Richey James, John Lennon, Adam Rickitt (to name a few)

CELEBRITIES WITH OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER: Past or Present

David Beckham, Paul Gascoigne, Woody Allen, Harrison Ford, Emily Lloyd, Michelle Pfeiffer, Winona Ryder, Charles Dickens, Marcel Proust

CELEBRITIES WITH BIPOLAR DISORDER: Past or Present

Buzz Aldrin, Ned Beatty, Bobby Brown, Mark Vonnegut, Robert Evans, Stephen Fry, Francis Ford Coppola, Patricia Cornwell, Maurice Benard, Jack Irons, Patty Duke, Linda Hamilton, Jonathan Winters, Darryl Strawberry, Nick Traina, Sylvia Plath, Tim Burton, Rosemary Clooney, Ray Davies, Lynn Rivers, Kitty Dukakis, Spike Milligan, Carrie Fisher, Norman Wexler, Virginia Woolf, Ted Turner, Jean-Claude Van Damme (to name a few)

CELEBRITIES WITH DEPRESSIVE DISORDERS: Past or Present

Sigmund Freud, Marilyn Monroe, Greg Louganis, Alanis Morrisette, Abraham Lincoln, Leo Tolstoy, Roseanne, Georgia O’Keefe, Tipper Gore, Lorraine Bracco, George Stephanopolous, Delta Burke, Dolly Parton, Edgar Allan Poe, Uma Thurman, Ashley Judd, Winona Rider

CELEBRITIES WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA: Past or Present

John Nash, Lionel Aldridge

CELEBRITIES WHO HAVE SUFFERED FROM ANXIETY
Johnny Depp, Courtney Love, Sally Field, Oprah Winfrey, Marie Osmond and brother Donny, Barbra Streisand, Isaac Asimov, W.B. Yeats, John Steinbeck, Charlotte Bronte, Cher, Naomi Judd, Aretha Franklin, Sheryl Crow, Carly Simon, Ray Charles, Sissy Spacek, Burt Reynolds, John Candy, Anthony Hopkins, Dick Clark, Nicole Kidman, Kim Basinger, Earl Campbell, Joan Rivers, Howie Mandel, Charles Schultz, Sigmund Freud, Sir Isaac Newton

Celebrities are not immune to these disorders and many of them have authored books, been involved in propaganda promoting mental health treatment and have interviews available to read. Check them out. Perhaps their stories will help YOU.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #93
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Hmmm. If Spears really does have some serious medical issues, then we can see why they have laws against doing what Dr. Phil allegedly did (practicing without a license).

Had a trained professional seen her under the right circumstances, he might have been able to provide a proper diagnosis. But Dr. Phil going in there gives the family some sense that a Doctor has seen her, when no such thing has happened.

Isn't there a pretty big difference between not being a licensed physician, and being a licensed physician just not in one particular state? Just because he isn't licensed in CA doesn't mean he isn't a real doctor. (for practical purposes, not legal ones)
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #94
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Isn't there a pretty big difference between not being a licensed physician, and being a licensed physician just not in one particular state? Just because he isn't licensed in CA doesn't mean he isn't a real doctor. (for practical purposes, not legal ones)

I am not sure, really. I will defer to the doctors on that one. As an attorney, I can say that I talk and act much differently when I am talking to a client as an attorney than I would talk to someone as a layperson who is educated in law. The difference is subtle, but critially important. Having an ethical obligation to someone (with the threat of malpractice and disbarment if I don't do it right) changes a lot about the way I approach them and their problems.

But, the big difference there is that laws differ from state to state, while I expect medicine does not.

Either way, though, being licensed to operate in a state involves, among other things, training, continuing education, and ethical requirements. Putting on a doctor hat without those things strikes me as wrong and dangerous--even if one has had training as a physician.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #95
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post

In the original article, you'll read that he isn't licensed at all...he used to be licensed in TX, let it lapse in 2006.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #96
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
In the original article, you'll read that he isn't licensed at all...he used to be licensed in TX, let it lapse in 2006.

Dr. Phil is who we thought he was. A loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #97
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Axxon, not every action of immature, irresponsible, selfish behavior can blamed on mental illness (or method acting). When one abuses drugs or alcohol, or engage in destructive physical behavior, or throwns a tantrum because of immaturity, it can blamed on something else thereby excusing such behavior. By doing so, it relieves the doer of accepting personal responsibility and builds the public perception that one can't help him/herself because it's not their fault. You and I know that there are root causes but most can accept the personal responsibility to control that, knowing that conscious choices made to engage in destructive behavior can lead to bad consequences. Hollywood and celebritism is a bad place to get into if you are immature, spoiled and too self-conscious, for the temptations are great to feed upon that.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #98
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Axxon, not every action of immature, irresponsible, selfish behavior can blamed on mental illness (or method acting). When one abuses drugs or alcohol, or engage in destructive physical behavior, or throwns a tantrum because of immaturity, it can blamed on something else thereby excusing such behavior. By doing so, it relieves the doer of accepting personal responsibility and builds the public perception that one can't help him/herself because it's not their fault. You and I know that there are root causes but most can accept the personal responsibility to control that, knowing that conscious choices made to engage in destructive behavior can lead to bad consequences. Hollywood and celebritism is a bad place to get into if you are immature, spoiled and too self-conscious, for the temptations are great to feed upon that.

Britany Spears and Lindsay Lohan are 2 good examples of why NOT to allow children to be famous. Of course, the list could be extended to Gary Coleman, Dana Plato, Todd Bridges, McCauley Caulkin, the Olson twins, and numerous others you see in the news. For every Kirk Cameron there is a Tracy Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #99
st.cronin
General Manager

Probably the wrong thread for this, but there's a report on my radio that Herschel Walker has MPD, and is publishing a book about it.

Also, MPD is not the same thing as bi-polar disorder - it seems like there's some confusion in this thread.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #100
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Probably the wrong thread for this, but there's a report on my radio that Herschel Walker has MPD, and is publishing a book about it.

Also, MPD is not the same thing as bi-polar disorder - it seems like there's some confusion in this thread.

herschel the shitty back and herschel the good back?