Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Emanuel County Institute may have an enrollment of only 350 students, but the southeast Georgia Class A school has produced a pair of players who are the first commitments for Georgia's 2009 football recruiting class.

Running back Washaun Ealey, the Georgia Sports Writers Association 2007 player of the year, and linebacker Dexter Moody told Bulldogs coaches early last week they would accept their scholarship offers.

"They're guys that both really love Georgia," ECI coach Milan Turner said today. "They kind of grew up always wanting to be Bulldogs."

Ealey set the Georgia single season touchdown rushing record with 58 as a junior while rushing for 2,982 yards, the third most in state history, and scholarship offers were coming from all over.

"In baseball, he'd be a five-tool player," Turner said. "He can do it all. He's got great speed, great vision and footwork. He can make people miss and he's extremely tough and strong and can run over folks and has great hands out of the backfield."

Georgia already has Knowshon Moreno and Caleb King at running back along with 2008 recruits Richard Samuel, Dontavius Jackson and Carlton Thomas.

Ealey and Moody helped lead ECI to the state title in the smallest classification with a 41-21 victory over Wilcox County last month.

The 5-foot-11, 205-pound Ealey rushed for 272 yards and three touchdowns in the title game.

The 6-foot-2 1/2, 215-pound Moody is being recruited to play outside linebacker or strong safety.

"He's extremely fast, strong and athletic," Turner said.

South Carolina and Florida are among schools that had made offers to Moody.

It's starting to become an embarassment of riches for UGAg at RB. Gotta tell you, if Ealey can handle the academics (i.e. can qualify) and if he just progresses normally physically & avoids injury, I think he might just be the best of the bunch, and yes, I'm including Moreno in that.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

ECI's Washaun Ealey breaks state career TD record | ajc.com

Twin City — Emanuel County Institute running back Washaun Ealey broke the state record for career touchdowns Friday night with a 1-yard run with 7:51 to play in the third quarter of ECI’s game against Johnson County.

The touchdown, Ealey’s second of the game, gave the senior 112 for his career. The record of 111 had been set by former Pacelli running back Matt Dunham from 2001 to 2004.

Ealey, the AJC’s player of the year last season and a 2008 Super 11 selection, scored ECI’s first touchdown on a 3-yard run in the first quarter. Ealey set the single-season touchdown record last season with 58. He has committed to play at Georgia.

Kind of interesting that he set the mark against Johnson County ... the HS alma mater of one Herschel Walker.