Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #51
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Is pimping an acceptable joke in a public event? What about poking fun of someone's very strong and passionate religious beliefs? Probably not.

I'm sure there's someone that would find that "unacceptable", but again, I think that's different than making fun of someone's personal DUI arrest (that's he's still probably on probation for). I doubt Kitna's embarassed and humiliated about his religious beliefs. And there isn't any pimping issues on the team.

TOTAL guess by me, but I'm guessing the coach (and his family) are horrified by this whole thing. I mean, that's a reallly embarassing situation, and the guy is presumably trying to work through his demons. It'd be like dressing as a teamate with a known cocaine problem by putting white powder under his nose. Funny, yes. But an asshole move.

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2007 at 11:07 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well, it wasn't necessarily Kitna's "religious beliefs", but he was being portrayed as a Bible thumper... ie, a bit farther than just what he believes.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #53
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I seriously doubt this should have ever become a story. My friends and I rag on each other just as hard as this, easily.. Making light of an embarrassing situation isn't always to make fun of someone.. I think it shows acceptance of a persons flaws in this case, because it makes light of the embarrassing thing this guy did while drunk.

If the guy has issues with alcohol, he can have them treated.. But he'll never be able to erase the fact that he was naked in a drive thru window thanks to booze. We all have embarrassing stories, most of us involving alcohol or some other ridiculous idea we came up with. I think its better to laugh about it than to think about it negatively. I would assume that is the basic intent here with Kitna.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #54
Malificent
High School JV

If he didn't want to be humiliated, he should have played some defense and kept the Patriots from scoring 52.

Wait, what are we talking about again?
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote