Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2003, 04:21 AM   #51
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

NASN - Heh, this is one of the reasons that Riz has been geting less than 4 hours sleep a night at the moment, he tends to stay up until 4am to watch the matches live

Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #52
bbor
Pro Starter

Did Riz move to England just to work with SIG?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:12 AM   #53
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor

Yeah

Before he moved though he knew us pretty well thought, I've known Riz for around two years (mainly online initially obviously).

Before he agreed to join us and move over here I'd visited him several times in Finland and he'd also travelled over to England to visit SI a couple of times (and get accustomed to our bizarre english sense of humour ).
Old 03-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #54
couriers

Yes.

Thanks for the update Marc & Riz. It is very nice to hear some reassuring words about the interface graphics as well as the games foundation. Despite my reservations from first impressions on the screen shots I still believe that this will be the sim to get this year. Good luck and have fun with the continued development.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #55
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Vaughan
english sense of humour ).

Is this not an oxymoron?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:36 AM   #56
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Ahh. the English. Good times. Ever since moving to Brussels I pretty much only hang out with the English (mainly a group of "scousers" and a "Manc") and a few Irish ("paddies"). Good times all around. I now ask "What's the craic?" And am often "out on the piss" or enjoy a "real good piss-up" or have a "night on the lash." Instead of peeing I now "take a slash." I am a "lad" instead of a "guy." I have a "bird" instead of a girlfriend. Because of said bird, I don't "pull birds" or "fire into them." I have watched every episode of "The Office" twice. And I am an Everton fan. The legendary blues. The Toffey Men. Wayne Rooney.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #57
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
(and get accustomed to our bizarre english sense of humour ).

That reminds me of the Simpson's episode where they have the author of Bridget Jones Diary in Springfield, and when hearing that no one had read her book, she says something like, "That's ok, American's usually don't understand English humor. It's so sophisticated."
At this point, she proceeds to break into a Benny Hill skit, with the music playing in the background. Funny stuff!

EDIT: Maybe a quote would help my post make some sense?

Last edited by sachmo71 : 03-05-2003 at 02:39 PM.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:46 PM   #58
bbor
Pro Starter

Eh?

Old 03-06-2003, 06:55 AM   #59
riz
SI Games

Quote:

That and better NHL coverage on terrestrial tv

Thanks for the great comments on the development screens. I've been reading these boards for ages and I have to appreciate the text-sim knowledge here. A good source to hear the latest rumours and news across the text-sim genre and best of all, loads of user opinions on all the text-sims
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #60
bbor
Pro Starter

Riz...Glad to see you here....

So if you know that this is a good forum to get feedback on a game...either in production or released...then you also know that this same forum will probably be your biggest critic once the game is released.

Take it all with a grain of salt...i don't think any of us are here to flame anyone...but you also won't find many Fanboys here.

BTW....Since you are obviously a hockey fan...you MUST be a LEAF fan right?

Old 03-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #61
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Riz...Glad to see you here....

So if you know that this is a good forum to get feedback on a game...either in production or released...then you also know that this same forum will probably be your biggest critic once the game is released.

Take it all with a grain of salt...i don't think any of us are here to flame anyone...but you also won't find many Fanboys here.

BTW....Since you are obviously a hockey fan...you MUST be a LEAF fan right?

Yeah, I know that in here a game can also take quite a beating. But it's all good. Any feedback is good feedback. Be it praises or criticism...

BTW...I'm a Rangers fan. I gue$$ I $hould $pell it with a $ ?
Old 03-06-2003, 12:25 PM   #62
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by riz

BTW...I'm a Rangers fan. I gue$$ I $hould $pell it with a $ ?

Oh-Oh........I can see this game costing about $100 American....So Riz can help the Rangers pay some salary

Old 03-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #63
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oh-Oh........I can see this game costing about $100 American....So Riz can help the Rangers pay some salary

That and all of the Rangers' highly regarded prospects will be out of this world with potential. Oh, right. They don't have any. Well, Jamie Lundmark. He's the only one left...
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #64
3ric
College Starter

riz, now that this thread has gotten your attention, may I ask how the plan is for the "immersion factor" of the world of hockey in EHM:FE?

As an example, CM3 do a very good job in including role-playing aspects to the dealings with players, management and the media. At times you almost wish you had a degree in psychology to handle all the nutcases and their egos! This makes you feel that you are dealing more with people than with numbers, and has been mentioned several times as one of the most important aspects of a successful sim outside of realistic results and statistics.

As EHM:FE will be based on CM3, I hope I'm right in assuming there is a good chance this will be included... take the Rangers for example, if, in EHM:FE, Messier's production would decrease because he might be envious of the attention Kovalev gets, and publicy complain about it in the media, which would affect other team members... creating a no-win situation... that's what I'm hoping EHM:FE will be capable of doing!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:08 PM   #65
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
They don't have any. Well, Jamie Lundmark. He's the only one left...

I think that the Rangers still consider Messier a prospect

Old 03-06-2003, 01:10 PM   #66
riz
SI Games

I'm still drooling over the possibilities that CM engine allows for me and I've had the code for over a year now. It's just overwhelming. The possibilities are there, it's just a matter of having enough time to cram in different things. So for the first version it may well be that we don't have the time to put in all the little things, but as time goes by, we'll probably be able to put in all kinds of little things like that Mess thing. On a personal level, I want to make sure that the players and staff in EHM:FE won't be just numbers and need to be handled well. In EHM you could pretty much play around with your players and treat them as poorly as you liked. I don't want it to be like that in EHM:FE.

As for Rangers, their prospects and how the team is managed....why do you think I started writing EHM in the first place ?
Old 03-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #67
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Ohhh, guys will get play poorly if their buddies are traded? Locker room cancers will be an issue? Sweet!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:08 PM   #68
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by riz
In EHM you could pretty much play around with your players and treat them as poorly as you liked. I don't want it to be like that in EHM:FE.

Old 03-06-2003, 02:19 PM   #69
rexalllsc
Banned

This game = goodtimes
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #70
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I would like to take this moment to resign as Riz's secretary now that he has finally managed to register an account on this board.

I thank him for being a kind boss and the glowing reference he has promised me
Old 03-06-2003, 07:38 PM   #71
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would like to take this moment to resign as Riz's secretary now that he has finally managed to register an account on this board.

I thank him for being a kind boss and the glowing reference he has promised me

Riz....I dunno what Marc looks like.....but i'm pretty sure you can find a better looking secretary that him