Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2003, 09:34 AM   #51
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin
The real piss off is that the oil companies will raise the pump price the second crude prices go up, but try to hold off on decreases claiming they have to use up old higher priced stock.

I think the real piss off is that in Canada we produce more oil than we use, yet our prices still depend on possible war on Iraq. Stupid global economy
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:51 AM   #52
KWhit
Coordinator

Bring on the Hydrogen economy, I say!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:57 PM   #53
JeeberD
General Manager

Thank god for Toyota Corollas that get 30+ mpg. It's at times like this that I'm glad I don't have a sports car or SUV...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 02:06 PM   #54
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
Here's a little puzzle: Take the current prices and adjust it to 1980 dollars. Then compare that adjusted price to what we were paying back then (post-"enery crisis" years).

Ok, I'll solve this one myself.

Here's the adjust gas prices from Iowa (1980-1995)

In other words, in 1995, we were paying about half of what we were 15 years ago (it's probably about 40% higher now but still below what we were paying) - and people are complaining????.

In California, it is a little more extreme with current prices approaching early 1980s level, not because of the gas prices themselves but because of the extraordinary taxes they put on each gallon of gas.

Last edited by Anrhydeddu : 02-26-2003 at 02:07 PM.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 04:20 PM   #55
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In other words, in 1995, we were paying about half of what we were 15 years ago (it's probably about 40% higher now but still below what we were paying) - and people are complaining????.

I'm glad I live her instead of Canadia (you know, the 51st state). When I traveled through there a couple of years ago, I made the foolish mistake of filling up in Windsor instead of Detroit (then again, there was the whole stopping at a gas station in Detroit at about 1AM issue so I just think of it as Mounty Protection Money) and it cost something like 50c more per gallon.

Then again, places like Germany charge $5 a gallon so we're even luckier still.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 04:57 PM   #56
Kodos
Resident Alien

Whenever I am bothered by high gas prices, I think about how much all the SUV-lovin' folks must be paying, and it makes me smile again.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote