Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #51
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I played a little bit last night, and while I like the game, I still hate the view. I have no problem with a game in widescreen, but both last year's and this year's MLB look "squished" to me. It just seems like the screen space wasn't used very well. I appreciate what they're trying to do with the widescreen, but it appears to be TOO wide. I'd rather lose a little bit of the view on the sides and get more top-to-bottom, but I guess I'm stuck with this.

Other than that, though, I like the game.

Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

On thing I've read you can do is in the camera options, change the zoom from default (20) to (0). I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know what it really does.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #53
Terps
College Prospect

I changed mine from 20 to 0 and I only have a 34" HD widescreen. The other view looked great too, but I just prefer it to be zoomed out.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #54
Terps
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Apparently free agency isn't working really well and lineup logic once players get hurt is not good either. Maybe the free agency is weird because players are currently making between 50k and 2 million, then players start commanding real salaries. Like look at Clemens, he wants 12 mil for the year while Zito is making 1.7 mil.

The salaries got messed up in the roster update that was available for download. I'm assuming that should be an easy fix for the next download they put up.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #55
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
The salaries got messed up in the roster update that was available for download. I'm assuming that should be an easy fix for the next download they put up.

Dang, I better hold off on continuing my franchise then. Oh well, I'll screw around in exhibitions and play some more College Hoops until then.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #56
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm playing on Pro and we won our very first game 5-3 with five solo homers... hopefully that won't happen again, but it is classic Cubbies that we won that way.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #57
sooner333
College Starter

My second game I won 5-2 on a Barry Bonds 8th inning homer. Miller said it was headed foul, but then exclaims it hit the foul pole and it was gone! Pretty cool stuff. I also had a few sacrifice bunts and even successfully bunted for a single, with Dave Roberts, for maybe my first time in video game history.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

EaglesFan27, I don't think you'll like the fielding, but you have a 50" HDTV so who knows.. it's the same as the demo though - I would rent it first if I was you.

Need more gaming time.

I actually have a 60" TV (remember my wife talked me into getting that instead of the 50" ) I rarely rent games as I usually just take the plunge or avoid them all together. I'm going to read OS (or further impressions on here) to see how badly the franchise is messed up, but I'm going to rent this in the next few weeks if the franchise mode doesn't seem too messed up.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #59
Terps
College Prospect

Had a hell of a game earlier. O's/Red Sox. I was cruising along with Erik Bedard but not really paying any mind to what was going on. By the 6th inning I noticed that I was tossing a perfect game. Fast forward to the bottom of the 9th, one out... Coco Crisp bloops one into left in between Tejada and Huff, perfect game over.

Bedard's final line: 9 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 BB, and 10 K's.

The announcers started talking about my chance for it in the 7th inning. This was on All-Star difficulty. I ended up winning 7-0. Hit a grand slam with Aubrey Huff in the 8th.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #60
Flasch186
Coordinator

no wild pitches?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #61
Terps
College Prospect

I haven't thrown a wild pitch since I got the game.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #62
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I LOVE this game!

The dynamic lighting is unreal. I played a game at home at 6pm and it went from shade to sun light to shade, to lights on. Wow!

It was chilly and you could see their breath.

I love how your players back you up and sometimes make the play.

When a ball is hit to the wall, you better know how it's going to carum or you're screwed.

I had my first run down and it was so realistic.

I've made some slider changes and I love how they save instantly:

All Star Defaults
1. Infielder speed down 1 click
2. Outfielder speed down 1 click
3. Runner base running speed up 1 click

I also love the pause game history that you can replay every play that happened in the game.

This game is great! I might stay up all night tonight.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #63
Terps
College Prospect

Any of you going to be playing this online at all?

I just played a game online with one of my buddies and he was up on me 7-0 in the 6th and I came back to beat him 10-9. Went 5-5 with Nick Markakis with a HR and a double.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #64
Terps
College Prospect

This is still driving me crazy... I know I've played games without there being a logo in my outfield and now I can't figure out why it's there. I just played online and it wasn't there either, and now when I go to exhibition it is. It's not a big deal but it drives me nuts.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #65
SFL Cat
College Starter

Man...the older I get, the less into games like this I am. *sigh*
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:17 PM   #66
RGunner
High School JV

im finally getting a hang of this, im 3-2 in my franchise (with the rangers too) on pro, probably going to bump it to all star soon but this game is addicting...probably going to get on soon too
RGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #67
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Update on my sliders:
All Star Defaults
1. Infielder speed down 1 click
2. Outfielder speed down 2 clicks (30)
3. Runner base running speed up 2 clicks (50)
This game is so much fun!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #68
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Edit: Lower outfield throwing speed -1 click.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #69
Terps
College Prospect

Anyone know how to check swing with the classic batting option? I can't figure it out.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:21 AM   #70
RGunner
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
Anyone know how to check swing with the classic batting option? I can't figure it out.

ive heard that u have to tap A again after u first hit it, its a pain in the ass i dont know why they would do it like that
RGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #71
Terps
College Prospect

I've seen a few people post that while swinging you have to pull the right trigger to check the swing. I'm going to try it out now to see if it works.

Last edited by Terps : 03-01-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #72
Terps
College Prospect

Yeah it works, I just did it 3 times in a row. When you swing if you decide you want to lay off hit the right trigger.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #73
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

So what is the consensus on franchise and/or GM mode being busted. The mode looked impressive at first glance but I've heard BAAAAAAAD things. With grad school being hectic this week (and work) I haven't had time to play it much more than an hour or so (one game, took a look at franchise/GM modes).Thanks!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #74
Terps
College Prospect

I haven't even fired up franchise mode at all. I only play exhibitions and online because I like the rosters to be current day.

I use text sims for franchise mode.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I read of the problems with the franchise mode, but also have read that some of the problems might be due to people's expectations of what a name player should be doing. For example, Abreu is batting leadoff for the Yankees, but he has one of the highest speed ratings on that team so it makes sense from one perspective.

I keep reading that Fielding is "easier" in the full game than it was in the demo. Are any of you guys with the retail version seeing that?

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-01-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #76
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I read of the problems with the franchise mode, but also have read that some of the problems might be due to people's expectations of what a name player should be doing. For example, Abreu is batting leadoff for the Yankees, but he has one of the highest speed ratings on that team so it makes sense from one perspective.

I keep reading that Fielding is "easier" in the full game than it was in the demo. Are any of you guys with the retail version seeing that?

I think most people's franchise problems are due to injured players not getting back into the lineup and in some cases staying in AAA.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #77
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
I think most people's franchise problems are due to injured players not getting back into the lineup and in some cases staying in AAA.

I've heard this as well. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about this sort of thing especially on this forum! I guess everyone either hasn't bought the game (not interested), returned it (hated it) or is playing the hell out of it! I'm hoping for the latter!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I've heard this as well. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about this sort of thing especially on this forum! I guess everyone either hasn't bought the game (not interested), returned it (hated it) or is playing the hell out of it! I'm hoping for the latter!

I'm guessing the guys who are playing it on here are playing out each game (or most of their games) and haven't gotten to this problem, yet.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #79
dj_morton
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Are you kidding me Terps? In a 3 inning game, I'll throw about 6 or 7 and the computer will throw 2 or 3.

I've played the demo several times and have yet to see anyone throw a wild pitch.
dj_morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm waiting on opening day rosters before doing anything and I think I'm only going to play a season.. it might be a bit before I see longevity bugs.

There is so much for me to "re-learn" from playing The Show last year.

To me, the fielding is by no means a selling point of the game, but it does what it was intended to do, just takes a bit of time to get used to and you HAVE to remember to let your fielders take their plight towards the ball before taking them over.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #81
BigDPW
College Prospect

Wow it has been 24 hours and no one has posted anything else on a game that was released this week... To me that is not a great sign??? I am thinking about picking this up but wanted to here more impressions from you guys here are FOFC... Ususally my thoughts about games fall in line with most of the guys here... More so than when I look at OS... Plus their impressions threads are often 75 page affairs that are all clutter with a few whiners that post every 5 minutes and only scattered helpful information...

Given that I like to play baseball with autofielding and that baseball console games are not something that I have to buy every year - Why should I buy this game? I already have The Show from last year on PS2 so I can always kick that game around some if I want my baseball fix...

Also are there any classic stadiums at all???
I remember playing High Heat back in the day and modding their stadiums on my PC to make cool minor league type ballparks... I think the most fun I ever had was modding a Crosley Field (I think that is what it was) to mimick the Durham Bull Athletic Park (their modern day AAA Stadium)... I also loved ASB's classic stadiums...

Anyone want to try and sell me on this game???
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #82
hukarez
College Starter

I decided to bite the bullet and picked up a copy of this today. It'll be the first time in a long time that I've played a baseball game for sure!
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #83
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

I know I read this somewhere but I cannot find it now...

How do you access the league transaction/news page? There isn't a direct link to it but I remember someone saying you can access it through an email or something of that sort.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #84
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I've held off on this.

I loved The Show last year, but abandoned the PS2 when mine died. I have no interest in the PS3, and I don't feel like buying the new version for my PSP because of the slowdown issues I've heard with the new version. Last year's "The Show" was darn near perfect. You have to give Sony credit for taking a great game and shooting it in the kneecap.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #85
CraigSca
Pro Starter

dola

Getting back to why I've held off on MLB 2K7. Played the demo and it just didn't seem as crisp or as fun as The Show was last year on the PS2.

Little things like reading about all the robbing of homeruns and then seeing it myself in the very first demo game I played left a sour taste in my mouth.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #86
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Ha, I just had opening day rained out after not evening making it through the top of the 1st. They called the game and said that it would be rescheduled at a later date. The game was drizzly looking at the time of the first pitch, I was surprised it was called!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #87
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I haven't posted because I've been playing the heck out of this game.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #88
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:

Since I haven't had alot of help from the guys here that have the game I reluctantly have spent some time over at OS this morning...

I just got through reading the "little things" thread at OS. There are some pretty sweet little touches in this game is sounds like...

I am leaning toward going to pick this up today... I am trying to resist since I have spent too much money on 360 games since I bought the system in December and I barely have enough time to play the ones I have now (and really enjoy) - CH2k7, NHL2k7, Winning Eleven 2007...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #89
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Franchise Mode is broken in MLB 2k7.

Injured players don't return to the lineup after coming off the DL. That means if Pujols is hurt for 3 weeks, he'll be out of the lineup for the rest of the season. CPU just doesn't put them back in the 25 man roster for some reason. Free Agents linger in Free Agency. This includes big time stars that just are not signed once the 2008 season kicks in. For those that are signed, most end up in AAA with no callup. The Phillies for some absurd reason let Howard go. The Mets picked him up and left him in AAA because they still had Delgado playing 1B.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #90
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Since I haven't had alot of help from the guys here that have the game I reluctantly have spent some time over at OS this morning...

I just got through reading the "little things" thread at OS. There are some pretty sweet little touches in this game is sounds like...

I am leaning toward going to pick this up today... I am trying to resist since I have spent too much money on 360 games since I bought the system in December and I barely have enough time to play the ones I have now (and really enjoy) - CH2k7, NHL2k7, Winning Eleven 2007...

I'm with you there. If you don't look too deep or try to get a sim feeling out of a console game, pick this one up.

I have this one and The Show on the ps2... I'm really wanting to see some real life baseball on TV.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #91
dj_morton
H.S. Freshman Team

I love the game....a lot of ppl have been knocking the fielding, but it seems pretty slick to me...
Old 03-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #92
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_morton View Post
I love the game....a lot of ppl have been knocking the fielding, but it seems pretty slick to me...

I agee 100%. I've read all over some of these sites how awful the fielding is. My personal opinion is that it plays incredibly well, looks AMAZING and just feels very clean and smooth especially in the infield. I think pitching and fielding are just awesome in this game. Now if I could limit my strikeouts per AB I would be all set to go. I think I have the rest down.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #93
dj_morton
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I agee 100%. I've read all over some of these sites how awful the fielding is. My personal opinion is that it plays incredibly well, looks AMAZING and just feels very clean and smooth especially in the infield. I think pitching and fielding are just awesome in this game. Now if I could limit my strikeouts per AB I would be all set to go. I think I have the rest down.

Yeah no kidding..my first game I struck out 17 times! I'm getting better though.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Set the zoom to 70-100, it moves you closer to the batter and helps me when hitting.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #95
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Franchise Mode is broken in MLB 2k7.

Injured players don't return to the lineup after coming off the DL. That means if Pujols is hurt for 3 weeks, he'll be out of the lineup for the rest of the season. CPU just doesn't put them back in the 25 man roster for some reason. Free Agents linger in Free Agency. This includes big time stars that just are not signed once the 2008 season kicks in. For those that are signed, most end up in AAA with no callup. The Phillies for some absurd reason let Howard go. The Mets picked him up and left him in AAA because they still had Delgado playing 1B.
jbmagic is broken in FOFC 2k7.

jbmagic doesn't type in broken English after being away from the forum for a few weeks. That means that if jbmagic posts in a thread, he won't bring the same responses that we're used to seeing. jbmagic just doesn't put the wrong verb tense for some reason. His posts linger without multiple questions. This includes big time questions about a game's AI. For those questions that are asked, most end up going for days with no response. jbmagic for some absurd reason uses punctuation. A couple of people picked up on it and wondered what happened because jbmagic still uses the same name, but he's not the same person.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #96
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

jbmagic doesn't type in broken English after being away from the forum for a few weeks. That means that if jbmagic posts in a thread, he won't bring the same responses that we're used to seeing. jbmagic just doesn't put the wrong verb tense for some reason. His posts linger without multiple questions. This includes big time questions about a game's AI. For those questions that are asked, most end up going for days with no response. jbmagic for some absurd reason uses punctuation. A couple of people picked up on it and wondered what happened because jbmagic still uses the same name, but he's not the same person.

So, now, we're ragging on jbmagic for making posts with correct grammar and spelling that contribute to the thread?

Then, I have to say that I, also, am quite upset at him for succinctly answering a question that I was wondering about.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #97
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

Funny thing is that I read the post in question but didn't even notice who it was from since I was just scanning through the thread.

That aside, it's probably premature to say jbmagic is broken, since that might have simply been a cut-and-paste from somewhere else.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #98
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Funny thing is that I read the post in question but didn't even notice who it was from since I was just scanning through the thread.

That aside, it's probably premature to say jbmagic is broken, since that might have simply been a cut-and-paste from somewhere else.

Jeez, what are the odds of that?

Here's the link.. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=140146&page=2

post #30

Last edited by Sweed : 03-04-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: reading about 2k7 on ootp board and ran across an interesting post
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #99
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
So, now, we're ragging on jbmagic for making posts with correct grammar and spelling that contribute to the thread?
Well, you're in the ballpark.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #100
rowech
Pro Starter

The question remains a bit though...are those flaws he mentioned real? Those are some real problems in a franchise mode.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote