Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #51
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
I'm unhappy to see the Chos leave, but they definately played the game well.

I disagree. They played it poorly. I can understand maybe the concept of "let's stay together and get the other teams out" while thinking "if it's a footrace, we'll beat the Bamas", but they played very insecurely.

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:10 AM   #52
AgustusM
College Prospect

I agree with Raiders.

I think the Cho brothers played the game about as poorly as any team in any season, they just happen to be fortunate to be in a season were pretty much ALL of the teams are average at best. In many past seasons with better teams they would have been gone weeks ago.

now, don't get me wrong, I loved the Cho brothers - thought they played with integrity and sincere concern for others. Out of all of the seasons, they are probably two of the most quality "real" people on the show - but I think they are really, really bad at playing the game.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #53
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM View Post
I loved the Cho brothers - thought they played with integrity and sincere concern for others.

Said that better than I did - played the game well = might be one of the few teams in the show's history that doesn't have people at home rooting against them by this point of the season. They definately stuck with Bama too long, though.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #54
Lorena
Unregistered

Damn, I thought the blonds would get eliminated.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:41 PM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Phew, I thought the blonds would get eliminated.

Fixed it for ya.

That Alabama team is now beyond annoying. The entir way to the yield they were talking about yielding the "barbies". Then they get beaten to it and get yielded and act like a crime was commited against them: "that just shows how they are" So just how are they? Just like you?

Of course to really show their class they flip them off. Those losers wouldn't have made it past the third episode if it weren't for the Cho brothers.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #56
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Amazing how good 'bama is with directions. The preview for next week looks interesting as people are throwing tomatoes at Rob and Kim. Looks like next season will be Amazing Race All Stars.

hxxp://www.variety.com/article/VR1117954363.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

hxxp://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=c3ee6e2d-aa4a-4efe-8d8f-2a018accb671

Combining the info from the two articles, some of the teams participating will be;

Rob and Amber
Ucheyna and Joyce
David and Mary (Team Kentucky)

Rumored to be in;

Colin and Christie ("I think my ox is broken")
Mirna and Charla

No BJ and Tyler.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #57
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
However, insiders said Rob and Amber -- who appeared on "Race" after appearing on two editions of "Survivor" -- will be given another shot at the top prize. Duo have wrapped lensing on their upcoming Fox Reality Channel skein, "Rob and Amber: Against the Odds," which debuts in January.

What is the fascination with Rob and Amber? They've been on 2 Survivors, they had their own wedding special, now 2 Amazing Races AND their own reality show? Too much exposure but I gotta hand it to them, they know how remain in the spotlight.

Well, the fact they have their own reality show is doesn't bode well for their marriage... look at how many couples have had a reality show and how many of them landed in divorce (Brittney and Kevin; Lachey and Simpson, to name a few).
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 AM   #58
kingfc22
Head Coach

Thank goodness the Blonds did not get eliminated. And 'Bama needs to go with their hypocritical attitude.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #59
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, 'bama WAS the first team to the yield and they got yielded... silly if you ask me.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #60
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thank God the blondes didn't get eliminated!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #61
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Adios muchachas.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #62
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Team Alabama was supposed to leave. Now there is no team left that I want to see win.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 AM   #63
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

I actually want to see Rob and Kimberly win. That would be hilarious as they scream at each other running to the finish line, thinking they are in third when they are actually in first place.

By the way, the Tomato scene with those two had me in stitches and was the best scene in all of AR history.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:46 AM   #64
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Thank god the blondes were eliminated. That ridiculous bubbly attitude drove me absolutely batty, and continually proved throughout the game that with a little bit of luck the dumbest people can get far in this game. (look at the quality of the teams left to prove that)
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 AM   #65
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Team Alabama was supposed to leave. Now there is no team left that I want to see win.

ditto
Old 12-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #66
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

QFT.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #67
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Hee hee and Team Alabama is the first female duo to make it to the final three. I am secretly rooting for them since they are such major underdogs. This episode was hilarious to me. Especially the tomato belting.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #68
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Let me thrid or fourth this sentiment. No way in hell bama wins. Rob and Kim will self destruct on each other and the guys will win easily.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #69
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Heh, 'bama got stuck in France. In the end it turns into a commercial for E-ZPass.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:58 AM   #70
Fouts
College Starter

I thought there might be a puzzle at the end, but the last challenge was getting the taxi to find the right place. Kind of a letdown. At least the All-stars in Feb. looks interesting.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:48 AM   #71
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah, it was disappointing. It really turned into a How Fast Can You Run and Get Lucky With the Taxi Driver to win.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM   #72
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I thought there might be a puzzle at the end, but the last challenge was getting the taxi to find the right place. Kind of a letdown. At least the All-stars in Feb. looks interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Yeah, it was disappointing. It really turned into a How Fast Can You Run and Get Lucky With the Taxi Driver to win.

Yup, Ant and I wondered the same. Last season they had the flags puzzle which anyone could have won, but the taxi thing was a little too easy... just find the place and you win. If they would have had a puzzle at the end, it could have been anyone... well, except maybe 'bama, they were just totally out of it.

Looking forward to next season.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #73
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Let me thrid or fourth this sentiment. No way in hell bama wins. Rob and Kim will self destruct on each other and the guys will win easily.

You called it.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #74
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I wasn't going to watch next season's Amazing Race because this was a very boring final episode....but seeing that it's All Stars, I guess I'll watch it.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #75
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Can someone tell me what happened leaving France to go to NY? I was trying to do some work and guess I missed it. I saw that Rob and Kim had gotten the earlier flight than the other two groups, but then when I looked at it next, all 3 groups were together again in NY. Evidentally I missed a very crucial 5 minutes there.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #76
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I was sitting there with my wife watching it, noting that Rob and Kim had gotten on, but that the other teams were hoping to get in on standby. I told my wife that there would be no way CBS could let this finish turn into a blowout and they'd find SOME way to get the other teams on the plane (a vague echo of what happened when Rob and Amber threatened to run away with TAR a few seasons back but they brought the plane back in). Sure enough, the guys got on. Wonder how much CBS had to pay someone to give up their seats?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh that figures. Was my first time ever watching amazing race, and only really watched the last 3-4 episodes, but I'm not thrilled by it. If they reset the playing field each time, it just loses alot of its appeal. I know others stated this complaint along with the reason why they do this (so one team isnt 24 hours ahead by some point)... but you know what... to me if a team is that good that they get that far ahead, well good for them they deserve the $1million.

Ahh well, gave it a try.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #78
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Can someone tell me what happened leaving France to go to NY? I was trying to do some work and guess I missed it. I saw that Rob and Kim had gotten the earlier flight than the other two groups, but then when I looked at it next, all 3 groups were together again in NY. Evidentally I missed a very crucial 5 minutes there.

The guys team got on the flight from the stand by list. Bama didn't get on the flight and was on a flight an hour and a half later. They weren't shown again in the episode until they got to the finish line.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #79
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i was also very confused about what happened with bama. That being said I was glad the guys won. I admire them considering how they cleaned their lives up.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #80
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
i was also very confused about what happened with bama. That being said I was glad the guys won. I admire them considering how they cleaned their lives up.

I'm glad they cleaned up too. I really, really hope the money doesn't tempt them to start up again.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #81
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

It wasn't even "How Fast Can You Run". It was strictly a "Get Lucky With the Taxi Driver" win. The only way they lose after getting the EZ-Pass cab while Rob & Kim got stuck with the moron without one (how are you a cabbie up there without one?) is if the models get lost on the way to the finish.

Very disappointing finish.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #82
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Given every leg began with the contestants at a staggered start based on finish, and then at the VERY NEXT task everyone was waiting at the same airport/train station/museum/whatever for it to open, the "Race" part was a total sham. I don't care if some teams are 2-3 countries behind, make the race legit for chrissakes.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #83
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Given every leg began with the contestants at a staggered start based on finish, and then at the VERY NEXT task everyone was waiting at the same airport/train station/museum/whatever for it to open, the "Race" part was a total sham. I don't care if some teams are 2-3 countries behind, make the race legit for chrissakes.

In a strange sense, this sort of thing was done right back in "Treasure Hunters" because everyone knows everybody starts each leg equal. After that it's up to you. Only rarely were artificial bottlenecks ever used on that series. The artificial bottlenecks imposed to keep the racers together on TAR is one of the things that drives me crazy about it. It's almost totally irrelevant to have a huge lead at any point because you know there will be some task or some flight that will forcibly level the field out again.

Granted, you can't have it swing the other way too much or a race will turn into a blowout, which kills ratings. Mainly, I think they should just abandon the farce that each team somehow gets a benefit in time by finishing X minutes ahead and just make everyone go at the same time the next day. Basically the advantage should then shift to greater rest periods for teams who finish earlier. Better than having people staggering out at 2 AM only to discover the first task doesn't open until 10 AM or something like that.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #84
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't mind it if perhaps they just changed the episodes to start/end around the moving between countries. Have the finish line be at the airport or something for each phase.

After the day's adventures they finally find out they need to go from France to South Africa for example. So its a race to the finish line at the airport.

Team 1 gets there at 10pm
Team 2 gets there at 10:45pm
Team 3 gets there at 11:15pm

End of the episode/night.

Next episode/day starts with team 1 getting to start right at 7am (time of first flight).

Team 2 has a 45 min delay so can't take first flight so has to catch next flight

Team 3 has 1:15 delay so can't take first flight.

There will still be possibilities for teams to overcome a few hour difference that way. Just making the airports be the place that everyone always catches up makes the game uninteresting fast.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #85
bob
College Starter

Or they could change it so you all start the leg at the same time, but get different amounts of starting money based on your previous finish.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #86
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Basically, if the first part of the day's events requires you o go to some temple and search for some artifact, and the temple doesn't open until 7AM, then send the FIRST TEAM out at 7, and stagger the rest of the losers after that.

Watching the winning team race away at 4AM only to get somewhere and sleep for 8 hours waiting for the place to open and all the other teams catching up stinks.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #87
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ahh that figures. Was my first time ever watching amazing race, and only really watched the last 3-4 episodes, but I'm not thrilled by it. If they reset the playing field each time, it just loses alot of its appeal. I know others stated this complaint along with the reason why they do this (so one team isnt 24 hours ahead by some point)... but you know what... to me if a team is that good that they get that far ahead, well good for them they deserve the $1million.

Ahh well, gave it a try.

Yep, that's why I quit watching TAR after one season (the Rob/Amber one). It's too bad because it's a fun show, but there is no integrity to the results because of ridiculous bunching, etc. From what I understand, the first season of the show didn't have as much bunching and resulted in one team getting wayyyyy ahead, and CBS figured out they had to change things up for suspense purposes. Of course, all "reality" TV is manipulated to some degree, but this is just too much for me. It seems to me TAR will inevitably always come down to whoever gets the best cab driver on the last part of the last leg.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote