Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #51
Schmidty
Coordinator

Yeah that sounds pretty cool. Hopefully, it'll work on my laptop.

Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #52
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Ski Challenge 08

Free full ski game, compete online against "millions" of other players. Looks good, downloading now to give it a shot.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #53
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Nice find
Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #54
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm playing Kingdom of Loathing and I like it so far. Playing for about 2 or 3 weeks.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #55
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I'm playing Kingdom of Loathing and I like it so far. Playing for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Nice...I only managed about a couple of weeks, but since moved on. The cool thing is that they are constantly updating it and have events from time to time. Good time killer for sure.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #56
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I find the humour in the game great. And I like random item drops. So I figured I'll go with it until it gets boring.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #57
Yellow5
High School Varsity

The Spring Project http://spring.clan-sy.com/

An open source RTS game / remake of Total Annihilation.

Found this the other day while looking for free RTS games. I loved Total Annihilation and if this is even close to that I'll be happy. Am in the process of installing it with all of the mods listed below.

From the FAQ:

Spring is a project to create the best RTS ever (no joke). There are three principle goals which we hope to achieve.
  1. Reach a stage where TA Spring can flawlessly execute most of Total Annihilation's original gameplay, with its original units in their original format.
This goal has been achieved, Multiple TA-style mods are now around ranging from BOTA which is Basically OTA, to CA which rebalances most of the units and roles while keeping then graphical style. A bunch of non-TA mods are also available, such as; Kernel Panic, Gundam Annihilation, and 1944: Spring

Current Features
  • Large battles limited only by the power of your computer; support for up to 5000 units.
  • Large, highly detailed maps in which to wage those battles, fully 3D with deformable terrain, forest fires, dynamic and reflective water, and custom skyboxes.
  • Several camera modes, allowing for anything to be viewed from almost any angle.
  • Fully 3D combat in land, sea, and air, with realistic weapon trajectories.
  • Many different mods, some of them originally from Total Annihilation, and some made just for Spring.
  • Compatible with unit files from Total Annihilation, allowing 3rd party units to easily be moved into Spring.
  • Complex 3rd party AIs, some of which are quite good.
  • An extremely powerful GUI, designed to minimise unneccesary micromanagement.
  • Frequent additions and bugfixes.
edit: And now that I've played with it ... it's pretty rough around the edges but could turn into something neat. Very beta, requires reading of manual and docs if you really want to get anything out of it.

Last edited by Yellow5 : 02-11-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #58
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wow...thanks Yellow5. In the next couple of months, I will be moving on to a newer link directory with better search capability, mulitple categories and the ability to vote on software. So thanks for another gem.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #59
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Wow...thanks Yellow5. In the next couple of months, I will be moving on to a newer link directory with better search capability, mulitple categories and the ability to vote on software. So thanks for another gem..

Yay! Finally buckled down and finished this since the family has been itching to put up a website for a couple of months. Well at least one portion of the site is complete which happens to be an overhaul of the link directory. I no longer have to use external programs to create an RSS feed, check for broken links or be limited in the amount of information I can type, plus I can now write articles and have featured links as well. So for those who have used the old link directory in the past, feel free to give this one a look.

Maverick Marks Master Link Directory

Last edited by Antmeister : 08-13-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #60
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Well, I'm glad that this has moved to a new site, because I could never figure out who Al Marks was.