Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #51
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Damn

I had my heart in getting a xbox 360 and Madden 2007 when the release comes.

I am not sure if I still should get the xbox 360 still.

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #52
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

looks like my sports gaming dollar will be going to nhl 2k7 this year
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #53
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Damn

I had my heart in getting a xbox 360 and Madden 2007 when the release comes.

I am not sure if I still should get the xbox 360 still.

Plenty of good games on the 360 and many to follow. Don't let Madden get you down... we have FOF 2007 to look foward to.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #54
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Plenty of good games on the 360 and many to follow. Don't let Madden get you down... we have FOF 2007 to look foward to.

Good point.. That zombie one loooks like it will be fun and maybe I will end up getting NCAA 2007 instead of Madden now.

I already have Oblivion for the pc which I love a lot too.

Which games you plan to get beside the NHL game for the 360?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #55
watravaler
High School JV

I hope it's better than the steaming pile of crap I'm currently "playing" (NCAA2006 - xbox360). If the college game is any indication, the Sega fanboys may have been on to something.

Last edited by watravaler : 08-17-2006 at 03:17 AM.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good point.. That zombie one loooks like it will be fun and maybe I will end up getting NCAA 2007 instead of Madden now.

I already have Oblivion for the pc which I love a lot too.

Which games you plan to get beside the NHL game for the 360?

These are all lookers
Texas Hold'em (FREE)
NBA Street 4
Saints Row
Tiger Woods
FEAR
Call of Duty 3

To name a few...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

On top of the fatigue bug, there are now early reports on maddenmania that Rushing stats are unrealistic in franchise mode. Moving closer and closer to cancelling my preorder.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #58
saldana
Pro Starter

really, are we suprised that this iteration of Madden is crappy...i'm not...EA has nothing to drive them to put out a good game anymore...without NFL2K7 to give them a reason to put out the best quality product possible, maybe we should have expected this a little. also, they know that many people will buy it because they just buy it every year.. i would wager that EA doesnt really care...by the time most people realize the game sucks, its too late, EA already has their money, and next year, they will rave about the new features and people will just buy it again...i would predict a continuing decline in Madden quality until there is a competitor again.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #59
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Frankly, if I were EA, I would care. While probably the great majority don't care about a bug like this, I would say the people that do still make up a significant piece of the fan-base.

If I were EA, I would "know" that we pretty much sewed up the market due to our exclusive licensing, but I would also think it's good business practice not to torque-off your fan base. I would be angry with the developer and say, "Look, just give us a good game with no glaring bugs...please." I mean, you invested a lot in development - to have bugs like this is ridiculous.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #60
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
On top of the fatigue bug, there are now early reports on maddenmania that Rushing stats are unrealistic in franchise mode. Moving closer and closer to cancelling my preorder.

Of course, when the main RB is getting all the carries and the backup zip.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, the game just went back to a probable buy. A patch for fatigue is reportedly in the works as per operation sports:

Madden NFL 07 (Xbox 360) Patch Information

August 17, 7:20p EDT

I just got off the phone with Michael Johnson of EA Tiburon, and he informed me that the Madden team recognizes the lack-of-fatigue issue in Madden NFL 07 for the Xbox 360, and let me know that a patch is in the offing.

We'll have more information on the details tomorrow, but at the moment, we know that the patch will be available on Xbox Live, and that creating it is the design team's highest priority.

I'll update this thread as I receive more information.
"Splinters From the Pine" - the 'blog

Proud to be named Operation Sports' Reviewer of the Year 2005 by our readers.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Also on OS, Shawn has simmed a season and he isn't seeing the rushing stat problems that were reported on MM. His top rusher had about 1800 yards and Vick only had a few hundred yards. No more 1000 yard plus seasons for Vick. Overall, he says the sim stats look pretty good (but didn't post a full set of them.)
Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #63
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Anything more than simply toggling an option on or off for this feature is not reasonable.

I don't want to have to deal with that hassle every time I load Madden up, so it looks like I once again will only be buying the game after it drops $20-30 in price, if then.

Oh well, means I can save money for getting Saints Row and 99 Nights.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #64
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Frankly, if I were EA, I would care. While probably the great majority don't care about a bug like this, I would say the people that do still make up a significant piece of the fan-base.

If I were EA, I would "know" that we pretty much sewed up the market due to our exclusive licensing, but I would also think it's good business practice not to torque-off your fan base. I would be angry with the developer and say, "Look, just give us a good game with no glaring bugs...please." I mean, you invested a lot in development - to have bugs like this is ridiculous.

i totally do see you perspective,and actually agree with it, but if you consider that people like us are not EA's target demo for this game, i think my scenario makes more sense. do you really see 4 guys in a dorm room with a case of coors lite on the floor complaining that there is a fatigue bug? i know i couldnt have cared less about stuff like that when i was younger...all i cared about was figuring out which play i could run over and over again so i could beat my friends and talk a bunch of shit. EA's target demographic probably doesnt even play in franchise mode..they play tournaments with their friends and the bugs that drive people like us insane end up being the best part of the game for them.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #65
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Dola -

Also on OS, Shawn has simmed a season and he isn't seeing the rushing stat problems that were reported on MM. His top rusher had about 1800 yards and Vick only had a few hundred yards. No more 1000 yard plus seasons for Vick. Overall, he says the sim stats look pretty good (but didn't post a full set of them.)
I assume you're talking about the 360 version right? I'm just asking because I read RAC's report on MM too, and I think it was referred to a current-gen version (PS2). So, still no fatigue in simmed games for current-gen...
Old 08-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
I assume you're talking about the 360 version right? I'm just asking because I read RAC's report on MM too, and I think it was referred to a current-gen version (PS2). So, still no fatigue in simmed games for current-gen...

On MM, there were posts about both the PS2 and 360 having messed up rushing stats. The post on OS about Shawn's good sim stats refers to the 360 version. The post specifically says that stats are much improved on the 360.

There is also a post on MaddenMania that praises the 360 gameplay. Apparently, the defensive playmaker controls made it back into this version along with a whole lot of other stuff, including the ability to play online with custom rosters.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-17-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #67
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Looks like the other issue will be fix too.

Quote:
ver the past few days, word surfaced on the Internet regarding issues with the Xbox 360 version of Madden NFL 07, with some gamers resorting to calling the product "bug filled." Two sources, Operation Sports and Madden Nation highlighted different problems with the product, so we took their findings to EA. We spoke directly with the man in charge of the 360 version, David Ortiz, to see exactly 'sup and if he could validate the veracity of their reports.

Issue #1, reported by the users of Operation Sports (registration required) claimed that Hall of Fame players started appearing on the rosters of other teams. While hardcore Madden fans don't seem to like this, that's how their inclusions is actually supposed to work. "It's working the way we intended it to," said Mr. Ortiz. "Whatever players you unlock, they are the players that will actually be available when you start the franchise mode. If you've already unlocked 10 Hall of Famers, they'll be available for players to sign... It's there for users to take advantage of." Mr. Ortiz recognized that this troubled some players, and mentioned that there is a in-game fix available, where players can save off the roster when they're booting up, and then proceeding to load it once they're in-game -- effectively eliminating the old-timers from the rosters.

Issue#2, reported by Madden Nation, was that players weren't fatiguing at all. The initial posting stated they "broke like 3 tackles and laid on the turbo... he's not even in the yellow." (Players fatigue from green to yellow to red.) We asked Mr. Ortiz about this as well. "That's actually not the case. The UI isn't registering it... You fatigue at a lower pace than in the past, but it isn't reflected in the UI. [It's] Something we're addressing and fixing right now." He explained that this fix would be delivered in the way of a patch to the game for 360 users, but didn't have a specific date as to when it would be available. "Very soon. Around the release date," he said, adding "We don't just shove the fix out there. We don't want to slide [the balance] it too far in one direction."

So there you have it. The Xbox 360 Madden team is aware of both the actual issue and the non-issue and they're on the case. Are you still ready for some next-gen football?

Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #68
Groundhog
Coordinator

After reading what jb just posted, it becomes clearer than ever that Madden will never be the game that I'd like it to be, because the people in charge - Mr. Ortiz in this case - just don't have the same mindset.

The fact that the first issue is a "feature" that is not preventable unless you screw around with saves is a god damned joke. They should have had an "Unlock Superstars" mode or something that you are able to toggle on or off.

As for the 2nd issue, Ortiz states that it's merely a UI problem, but from what others have said that's clearly not the case. Backups aren't getting the carries they should be.

I imagine offensive linemen will still get their rediculous amounts of pancakes each game and thus progress way too quickly and all become All-Pro's each season.

I really hope a generic game is released by another company that puts more emphasis on the things I find important in sport sims. I don't care if it's not even modifyable to allow real rosters/players. I play madden using custom teams and generated rosters anyway.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #69
jbmagic
Pro Starter

There is no coach mode in the 360 version at all
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #70
jbmagic
Pro Starter

CPU teams don't trade among themselves.

No cpu vs cpu
Old 08-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #71
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

No cpu vs cpu

Well, there goes any chance I had of getting it. I don't play my games out, I watch them.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #72
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm keeping my pre-order as well.

I really was looking foward to this game and I'm glad there's a patch in the works. I bet someone in testing got thier asses reamed for that bug.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #73
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No cpu vs cpu

Honestly, how many trades do you see in the NFL?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #74
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
More than zero?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #75
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
More than zero?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #76
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

There's been at least 3 or 4 this week.

Last edited by Bee : 08-18-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #77
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
There's been at least 3 or 4 this week.

True dat. most happen during draft day too... but it's not a huge issue for me in console football....
Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the lack of trades is annoying, but it's just not a game killer for me. The fatigue bug was a game killer. I'm tempted to cancel my preorder since I won't even play it for 5 days except for Tuesday evening with my mom coming to visit, but I've read enough good things about other aspects of the game that I'm going to buy it on Tuesday.

There were a few things I wanted:

- Believable simulated stats: If guys on OS can be believed, this is in the game.

- Good gameplay - If the fatigue bug is fixed, and early impressions from Maddennation are to be believed, the gameplay is very good. It's been called an improved version of NCAA's gameplay, and I liked NCAA's gameplay. My biggest gripe with NCAA is that the DB's do act stupid at times even when they have good ratings. DB play in Madden is supposedly much tighter.

- The ability to import from NCAA to Madden. In previous years, I've honestly never cared about this ability. However, I just have an urge to play Madden and draft guys that I know about from college. I'm looking forward to trying to trade up and get either Jarrett or Smith on my Eagles in Madden.

So, I'm keeping my preorder and crossing my fingers that the patch really comes out, fixes fatigue, and that the gameplay is at least as good as NCAA (which I still like even with the flaws.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-18-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #79
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

From what I've read, fatigue is in the game, it's just that the bars never refelcted the fatigue rating of the player.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The Good of Madden 2007, posted by Fred at MN

Quote:
Well with all the negativity surround 2 issues in this game I think it was time to talk about some positives that people seem to be forgetting. Seems like people are actually glad there are these problems in the game so they can b*tch and complain about EA.

Like I said in the other thread I think EA will actually fix this fatigue problem, and if they do this could be one of the better Madden's we've experienced. So let me list some of the good I've found in my two full days of playing.

-Gameplay. This is MUCH improved from last years 360 version. You now have full control of your players and don't feel helpless. I actually think the controls in this game are more polished than NCAA.

-Collision detection and suction blocking are better than last year. And they aren't nearly as bad as they are in NCAA.

-Animations. There are a ton of new ones and they are very realistic. I saw one today that I kept watching in instant replay where I tried to tackle Willis McGahee with Pacman Jones and Jones went low but his knees kind of buckled and it almost stood him up, then someone else came in and finished off the tackle as Jones fell down. Its hard for me to explain but it was damn cool.

-Small details. There are little things like the field getting worn, puddles of water collecting, and the dreadlocks players have. They actually flow and reminded me of NBA2k and how the uniforms moved when the players did. I was playing against the colts and Manning has his real voice and actually audibles a ton at the line.

-Stadiums look amazing and so does the crowd. It's 10X better than NCAA's crowd and when it does a close up the fans are distinct.

-Superstar Mode is pretty fun. I created myself and went through all the combine stuff and got drafted by the sea hawks. I like how you dont have full control of the team. It makes it realistic and I have to work to actually get the QB to throw to me.

-Run to daylight is cool. I dont know about using it online, but offline its awesome. I've been using this a lot off line and I think you will too. It's a nice change of pace.

-Mini games actually serve a purpose. These will help you become a better player. I'm not big on these types of extras in madden but I've been doing them a lot. You can do these online, but its not against other people. you do them yourself and it posts your score online.

-The new Live Player feature. Pasta and I were able to do an exhibition game with custom rosters. He had Randy Moss on the Seahawks and I had Carson Palmer on the Bears. How many times have we asked for custom rosters online? Now we have it.

-More defensive playmaker options than before. I posted all the different optionis we have in my impressions thread. You can find them all there.

Overall this game IS better than NCAA or Madden last year. I think the negativity in this game is a bit over done. IF EA patches this fatigue problem I will not have a problem with this game. I'm confident that they will.

i think general gameplay is the most improved. you just feel like you have control over everything now compared to last year. From the QB fumbles as he's getting hit, to the other things that everyone complained about. It all seems to be fixed. The running game is vastly improved as well.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-18-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I meant the good gameplay impressions that I read on MN not MM. I specifically was referring to the post and ensuing discussion that Todd quoted above.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:27 PM   #82
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
True dat. most happen during draft day too... but it's not a huge issue for me in console football....

So its ok for you to trade with the cpu, but the cpu can't trade among themselves.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #83
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So its ok for you to trade with the cpu, but the cpu can't trade among themselves.

I would love for the CPU to trade amoungst itself but we all know that's not a strong point of Madden.

That's what FOF is for.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-18-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #84
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I glad they are fixing the issues.

I think I am looking forward in getting this now over Ncaa 2007.

One good thing I like about the xbox 360 console is you can get patches for most games if there is a problem.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #85
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
From what I've read, fatigue is in the game, it's just that the bars never refelcted the fatigue rating of the player.

Cool - depending on how you look at things, that might be better.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #86
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
These are all lookers
Texas Hold'em (FREE)
NBA Street 4
Saints Row
Tiger Woods
FEAR
Call of Duty 3

To name a few...

The Texas Hold em will only be free for the first 48 hours next week, after that it will be $10 a pop.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #87
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
The Texas Hold em will only be free for the first 48 hours next week, after that it will be $10 a pop.

Quote:
More from the sports blog and this one is HUGE!

Next Wednesday, 8/23, Texas Hold'em will be released. Download it before Friday 8/25 at 4am Pacific and get it FREE forever. Free! Otherwise it's 800 points.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #88
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Excuse me, Sirs, but could somebody please direct me to the Department of Redundancy Department?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #89
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Sorry Jb, I don't have time to read every thread, as I'm sure no one else does either. I didn't want people who read this thread thinking that the Texas Hold'em game would always be free, and get pissed off if they try to buy it after the free period. Thanks anyway, asswhite.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #90
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry Jb, I don't have time to read every thread, as I'm sure no one else does either. I didn't want people who read this thread thinking that the Texas Hold'em game would always be free, and get pissed off if they try to buy it after the free period. Thanks anyway, asswhite.

No problem asswhite
Old 08-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #91
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks for doing that actually.. might have saved me from an asswhite chewing.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #92
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Thanks for doing that actually.. might have saved me from an asswhite chewing.
No problem. We all would hate for you to get an asswhite chewing.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #93
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
really, are we suprised that this iteration of Madden is crappy...i'm not...EA has nothing to drive them to put out a good game anymore...without NFL2K7 to give them a reason to put out the best quality product possible, maybe we should have expected this a little. also, they know that many people will buy it because they just buy it every year.. i would wager that EA doesnt really care...by the time most people realize the game sucks, its too late, EA already has their money, and next year, they will rave about the new features and people will just buy it again...i would predict a continuing decline in Madden quality until there is a competitor again.

If you play a game enough, you become very forgiving. I bought 2-3 Maddens after I first started disliking them, and have come very close to buying the last two as well.

Similarly, I bought FM2006, depsite not liking FM2005, and am almost sure I will buy FM07 despite not liking FM06.

Companies work on the fact that most people are like me: stupid
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:56 PM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Everyone who has the 360 version are liking it quite a bit and saying it's much tighter control wise than NCAA. That is EXCELLENT news!!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #95
sabotai
General Manager

I would honestly prefer the CPU teams to not trade with each other. EA can barely make reasonable draft AI, I can just imagine some of the brain dead trades they would make...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #96
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
I would honestly prefer the CPU teams to not trade with each other. EA can barely make reasonable draft AI, I can just imagine some of the brain dead trades they would make...

Good point!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #97
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Everyone who has the 360 version are liking it quite a bit and saying it's much tighter control wise than NCAA. That is EXCELLENT news!!

I'm quite impressed you were able to contact everyone who has the 360 version. Well done!

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:53 PM   #98
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I'm quite impressed you were able to contact everyone who has the 360 version. Well done!

Oh sheesh... everyone who has it early, meaning NOW.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #99
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://www.maddennation.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=65861

I loved the create a player mode in The Show and after reading this, Superstar mode seems like it's something I'll try in addition to just playing a franchise.

For those of you who like to watch CPU vs CPU this mode might work for you as you only control your player.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #100
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
http://www.maddennation.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=65861

I loved the create a player mode in The Show and after reading this, Superstar mode seems like it's something I'll try in addition to just playing a franchise.

For those of you who like to watch CPU vs CPU this mode might work for you as you only control your player.

I've never played the Show, but everything I've read about Superstar mode has me convinced I'll play it at least for a season, and possibly for a lot longer. That is more than I can say for any of the previous Superstar or Race for the Heisman modes.