Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, 10:00-10:30 am: Ruh-roh! Everybody's favorite quivering sleuths -- Shaggy and his lovable Great Dane, Scooby-Doo -- are back in a new adventure that will anchor the "Too Big For Your TV" programming block. In this comedy from Warner Bros. Animation, Shaggy and Scooby live in the bling'd-out mansion of Shaggy's Uncle Albert, solving mysteries with the help of a transforming Mystery Machine which, at the click of a remote, can morph into one of a number of modes of transportation. New Scooby Snacks infused with a top-secret nano-technology allows our canine hero to fly, become a towering robot or even turn himself into a giant magnet, which comes in handy as Shaggy and Scooby-Doo carry out their new mission: protecting the Scooby Snacks and keeping them safe from those who want them for evil.

Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #52
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
"". Futurama is light years better than Family Guy, and if I may be so bold - better than Simpsons at peak value (though I recognize this is probably debatable).

That's a tad bold. But I just think there's a lot of forest for the trees here but that always seems to happen, especially with Family Guy fans. Williams Street stuff that has lasted 1-2 seasons up there with The Simpsons? Nothing from before The Simpsons?

I do like the Schmidty gives KotH some love. It's weird- that show is like a workhorse fourth starter- nothing flashy but doesn't really bomb too often either. You get 5-6 innings and 2-3 runs every time out. It's not great but it's not the clunker some people want to paint it to be.

Among the other four shows mentioned,
Simpsons (early years)
South Park
Futurama
Family Guy

SP encapsulated the relationship between The Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy pretty well in the Cartoon Wars episodes earlier this season.

Futurama really has consistency issues. I love the show, wish it had taken the mantle from The Simpsons, and was still on in The Simpsons time slot today while Bart, Homer, et al had ridden off into the sunset rather than continuing to Willie Mays away their legacy. However, Futurama, after about the first season, was a hit or miss show. There were some weeks when it was really on. And some where it was just stupid and random (see: Guy, Family). Hopefully Cohen can work on that in the upcoming episodes with some new ideas that have been formulating over the past couple of years.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #53
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, 10:00-10:30 am: Ruh-roh! Everybody's favorite quivering sleuths -- Shaggy and his lovable Great Dane, Scooby-Doo -- are back in a new adventure that will anchor the "Too Big For Your TV" programming block. In this comedy from Warner Bros. Animation, Shaggy and Scooby live in the bling'd-out mansion of Shaggy's Uncle Albert, solving mysteries with the help of a transforming Mystery Machine which, at the click of a remote, can morph into one of a number of modes of transportation. New Scooby Snacks infused with a top-secret nano-technology allows our canine hero to fly, become a towering robot or even turn himself into a giant magnet, which comes in handy as Shaggy and Scooby-Doo carry out their new mission: protecting the Scooby Snacks and keeping them safe from those who want them for evil.

If I ever meet the idiot that came up with this idea, I will kill them where they stand. And if the justice system will really give me a jury of my peers, there would be no way that I'd be found guilty.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #54
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Futurama really has consistency issues. I love the show, wish it had taken the mantle from The Simpsons, and was still on in The Simpsons time slot today while Bart, Homer, et al had ridden off into the sunset rather than continuing to Willie Mays away their legacy. However, Futurama, after about the first season, was a hit or miss show. There were some weeks when it was really on. And some where it was just stupid and random (see: Guy, Family). Hopefully Cohen can work on that in the upcoming episodes with some new ideas that have been formulating over the past couple of years.

SI

You hit the nail on the head regarding Family Guy for me this season. The first few seasons it was a consistently funny show. This season some of the episodes are complete gold (P-TV), while others are just out there...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote