Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #51
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Oops, accidental double post.

You should've left it...I think its okay to take 2 shots at the Hawks. It's like the Detroit-WR thing. Never gets old.

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #52
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Well the nbadraft.net mock is clearly wrong.

Any idiot knows that the Hawks will take the best available athlete who is a prototypical swingman.
Or trading the pick for Allen Iverson?
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #53
JeeberD
General Manager

CNNSI has Morrison going to the Rockets. I really don't see him falling that far, though...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #54
miami_fan
Coordinator

How much will the fact that Toronto has spent three of their last four 1st round picks on 4/5 types affect their choices this year? I think Colangelo would much rather find a backcourt player (Brandon Roy?) but he won't pick one at #1.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #55
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hey, at least the Hawks don't have to surrender this years pick in that Joe Johnson debacle. Diaw looks pretty good these days.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #56
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
But onto Douby. I'm a Rutgers guy, so you can surely think I'm biased. But I think he will be an excellent pro, as he won't just be a 3 pt shooter. He'll have the ability to score from anywhere on the floor (literally...he could get his floater off in traffic or drain a 30 foot jumper). He's gotten better every year, and I don't doubt that he could play PG in the pros. It's hard to display your ball-handling skills when you're getting swarmed by 3 defenders since no one else on your team can score.

OK, a player like that we do need. The team needs scorers, but scorers that can actually shoot (ie. not Flip Murray). Still, whether he has the court vision to go with his ball handling would be the issue as to whether he can play PG. If he's being predicted to go as high as Utah's pick and then drops to us, maybe it's worth the risk.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #57
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd take Reddick at 25 in a heartbeat. He's way better than Trajan Langdon.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #58
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'd take Reddick without question at 25 too. I think he'll be a decent pro.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #59
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
OK, a player like that we do need. The team needs scorers, but scorers that can actually shoot (ie. not Flip Murray). Still, whether he has the court vision to go with his ball handling would be the issue as to whether he can play PG. If he's being predicted to go as high as Utah's pick and then drops to us, maybe it's worth the risk.

I think, at worst, he'll be an instant offense off the bench-type, and such a player will always have a home on some team. But in order for him to be a great player in the NBA, I don't think he can be confined to one position, especially PG, where his natural "gunner" instinct would be harnessed.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #60
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
I think, at worst, he'll be an instant offense off the bench-type, and such a player will always have a home on some team. But in order for him to be a great player in the NBA, I don't think he can be confined to one position, especially PG, where his natural "gunner" instinct would be harnessed.

I actually see him as a decent point guard in the NBA. He's got a good handle, and everybody from Duke seems like they're good enough passers. I can see him being comparable to Dana Barros, somebody like that.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #61
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd take Reddick without question at 25 too. I think he'll be a decent pro.

At the worst, isn't be pretty much Jeff Hornacek?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:55 PM   #62
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I actually see him as a decent point guard in the NBA. He's got a good handle, and everybody from Duke seems like they're good enough passers. I can see him being comparable to Dana Barros, somebody like that.

I was referring to Douby. Believe Groundhog was too.

But yeah, I think Reddick will be a fine passer.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #63
General Mike
Pro Starter

Douby is better than Reddick. People need to know that Douby didn't start playing competitive basketball until his junior year of high school. If he had come back to Rutgers, he would have been Big East preseason Player of the Year.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #64
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
CNNSI has Morrison going to the Rockets. I really don't see him falling that far, though...

This CNNSI mock is quite different from the other's I'm seeing. A few things jump out at me:

#1 - Raptors - Andrea Bargnani - I would be more surprised at this than even the Aldridge pick. But then, I really have no idea what the Raptors will do. The #1 selection probably has more trade value than the player selected, so I think you have to try move it because none of the top players fill their needs.

#8 - Rockets - Adam Morrison - The Rockets wish... no way he lasts this long, and if he does then I've lost what little faith I have left in NBA talent scouts.

#24 - Grizz - Shannon Brown - O RLY? Plays for Michigan State yet I don't recognise his name at all.

#27 - Suns - Brad Newley - A fellow Aussie! I've seen this kid play tons of times. This would be a perfect fit because of his shooting ability, but this guy is a late 2nd rounder or undrafted... no way he goes in the 1st.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #65
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Very impressive non-NBA stats
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #66
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
#24 - Grizz - Shannon Brown - O RLY? Plays for Michigan State yet I don't recognise his name at all.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention the past few years. He's been one of the best, if not the best, SG in the Big Ten for the past two years. He is known to be one of the most athletic players in all of college. Some of the dunks I've seen him do have made my jaw drop. Not only that, but has excellent range, lots of strength, and has been the best defender on the team since he came in as a freshman.

I'm really disappointed if he actually signs an agent, because MSU's Big Ten hopes will go down the tubes if he leaves. But I'm pretty sure he'll go, especially since he's being projected in the 1st round.

If he gets drafted in the 20's, everyone with look back in 3 years and be blown away that so many people passed on him, kind of like people say about Tayshaun Prince.

Last edited by Schmidty : 05-25-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #67
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

There's talk the Bulls might be interested in Brown with their pick at #16.

My claim to fame is Brown dunked on my ass in a pickup game back in high school.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #68
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

dola

I don't think he'd remember me though.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:02 AM   #69
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Maybe you haven't been paying attention the past few years. He's been one of the best, if not the best, SG in the Big Ten for the past two years. He is known to be one of the most athletic players in all of college. Some of the dunks I've seen him do have made my jaw drop. Not only that, but has excellent range, lots of strength, and has been the best defender on the team since he came in as a freshman.

Maybe I should watch more Big Ten basketball. But yeah, name does not ring a bell to me, but I haven't paid much attention to Michigan State in a while, either. I know Ager, that's about it.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:07 AM   #70
timmynausea
College Starter

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7966511/

MSN's mock draft has both Kevin Pittsnogle and Mike Gansey out of WVU going in the late first round. That'd be sweet. I might actually watch some NBA games.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #71
bbor
Pro Starter

Raptors are saying they are gonna take the Itlian kid,but i think it is a Colangelo smokescreen.I can't see them using this pick unless it is for Aldridge.More likely is them trading down and taking the PG Williams.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #72
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
#8 - Rockets - Adam Morrison - The Rockets wish... no way he lasts this long, and if he does then I've lost what little faith I have left in NBA talent scouts.

Even IF he lasted that long, there's no way the Celtics don't grab him at 7. And I just can't imagine him lasting that long.

I'm interested to see who the C's draft, or if they draft anyone at all. Boston is full of youngsters and I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge deals the pick in package. If they decide to hold onto the pick, I have to think they grab a point or big man. The Celtics really don't need another wingman with Pierce, Wally, Tony Allen, and Gerald Green, all of whom need minutes. I'm not too thrilled with the point guard class but I know don't want to see Rondo in a Celtics jersey. I'd much rather see Foye or M. Williams.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #73
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Draft prospects impress Scott during workouts

By Darnell Mayberry
The Oklahoman

The Hornets moved a step closer to finding the swingman they crave on Wednesday during the team’s first set of workouts of draft prospects.

For more than two hours, Hornets coach Byron Scott drilled a foursome that included Arizona guard Hassan Adams, Michigan State guard Maurice Ager, Villanova guard Randy Foye and Memphis forward Rodney Carney.
Scott was so impressed with the first session that he called it one of the best he’s seen in a long time.

“With those four guys, especially the caliber of players that they are, all going at each other the way they went at each other was really good,” Scott said. “You want to see that competitive nature, and we had a chance to see that from the time they stepped on the court to the time they finished. So I was very pleased with the workout.”

Wednesday’s quartet - the first of 15 to 20 players the Hornets aim to work out - were very similar. All recently completed a four-year college career and each possess exceptional leaping ability, speed, quickness and perimeter shooting.

But Scott said the 6-5, 200-pound Ager surprised him most.
“Maurice was a better athlete than I thought and really, really attacks the basket,” said Scott, who also touted his leadership skills and confidence during the workout.

“It was a good surprise, because I just didn’t know that about him. I’ve seen Michigan State play a number of times. And I’ve seen him have some big games, and I’ve seen him have some so-so games. But he was impressive today. I liked what I saw.”

Much of the workouts include a lot of shooting drills and physical testing of a player’s height, weight, vertical jump and 40-yard dash time. Scott also puts the group through games of one-on-one and two-on-two.

From what could be gathered in the last portion of the session that is open to the media, Villanova’s Foye appeared to stand out most, with the game coming to him the most naturally. At 6-3, 205 pounds, Foye is talented enough to play either point guard or shooting guard. But most experts project him to be selected in the top 10, well before the Hornets’ two first-round picks at 12 and 15.

“It doesn’t matter,” Foye said of the projection, “because anything could happen. They could trade up if they liked me, or I could slip and go 12 or 15. They got a feel for what I can do today, so if I do slip they’ll have a chance to pick me up at 12 or 15.”

Although Ager is projected to be available when the Hornets select, ESPN.com’s mock draft has the Hornets selecting a center at 12 and Carney at 15. NBADraft.net, however, has Carney going ninth, while CNNSI.com has him going as high as sixth. Adams is widely projected to go in the second round.

“We’re high on this group,” said Hornets general manager Jeff Bower, who flirted with the idea of inviting up to two players back.

“We had a group of seniors, which is real unique in today’s climate. And the overall athleticism of the group, we had four guys here that are near the top of the draft in athleticism.”

The Hornets are scheduled to bring in their second group of prospects next week. None of the players’ names have been revealed yet, but they are believed to be a group of post players.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #74
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Shannon Brown says hello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARux...hannon%20brown
Old 05-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #75
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Raptors are saying they are gonna take the Itlian kid,but i think it is a Colangelo smokescreen.I can't see them using this pick unless it is for Aldridge.More likely is them trading down and taking the PG Williams.

Yeah, no way you announce it this early. More than likely they are trying to build up hype over this kid and increase the value of their draft pick for a trade.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #76
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2
Even IF he lasted that long, there's no way the Celtics don't grab him at 7. And I just can't imagine him lasting that long.

I'm interested to see who the C's draft, or if they draft anyone at all. Boston is full of youngsters and I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge deals the pick in package. If they decide to hold onto the pick, I have to think they grab a point or big man. The Celtics really don't need another wingman with Pierce, Wally, Tony Allen, and Gerald Green, all of whom need minutes. I'm not too thrilled with the point guard class but I know don't want to see Rondo in a Celtics jersey. I'd much rather see Foye or M. Williams.

Yeah, along with the Raps I also have no idea what the Celts will do. They have so much youth in the frontcourt with Perkins and Jefferson, and in the backcourt with Green, Allen & West. They really don't need more youth unless it's a real good PG, and Foye is probably the best one in the draft. Foye might not still be on the board though, and I can't see who else would fit, unless one of the top 4 of Thomas-Morrison-Aldridge-Bargnani slides.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #77
Groundhog
Coordinator

New mock up on nbadraft.net.

Some selections:

1. Raptors - Aldridge
2. Bulls - Bargnani
3. Bobcats - Morrison
4. Blazers - Tyrus Thomas
8. Rockets - Marcus Williams
11. Magic - J.J. Redick
16. Bulls - Quincy Douby
19. Kings - Jordan Farmar
24. Cavs - Saer Sene

The top 4 seem set, though perhaps not in that order. I read some rumours about the Bulls being interested in Brandon Roy at #2 however. Douby has started his climb, and there doesn't look like the Cavs have a shot at him. Same with Farmar, who nbadraft.net has had going to the Kings for awhile now. I wonder if the Kings have said anything about it, or if it's just guess work.

Interesting choice for the Cavs with the Senegal bigman Sene, though I'm a little nervous. He is described as one of those long, athletic, defensively-orientated Cs, and has no scoring ability to speak of and has only been playing basketball since 2003. Prospects like this rarely turn out IMO, and I'd rather go with someone who might actually be able to step right in and play.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:48 PM   #78
vex
Grizzled Veteran

NO/OK City Cedric Simmons 6-10 233 PF/C NCSt. So.
PhiladelphiaShelden Williams 6-9 250 PF/C Duke Sr.
*NO/OK CityRonnie Brewer 6-7 217 SG Arkansas Jr.

I really think that Shelden Williams will be taken by the Hornets before Simmons.

But I don't see what drafting Williams or any PF does good. They need a center, though PJ Brown reportedly wants to play for a championship contender this year, so maybe that's the thought behind that.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #79
Swaggs
Coordinator

The thing about this draft is that I can see teams wanting to move down, out of the top few spots, but there really isn't anyone worth moving up for, in my opinion.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:11 PM   #80
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman

to quote the lone comment there...

"that nigga got fucked up"
Old 06-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #81
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
The thing about this draft is that I can see teams wanting to move down, out of the top few spots, but there really isn't anyone worth moving up for, in my opinion.

Really, people don't move all that much in the NBA draft. It's not like the NFL draft, for instance. I remember one #1 pick getting traded during all the years i have paid attention to the NBA.
And the Magic should have jsut kept the Webber/Shaq frontcourt.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #82
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Uncomfirmed Rumor Time!

I know a guy who is an insider of sorts with the Kentucky basketball program. Apparently, the team is keeping things under very tight wraps, but there have been rumors that the FBI is investigating Rajon Rondo for something. My "source" does not think that there is really much of anything going on here, but he did say that a couple of the more daring local media members have been throwing the term "point shaving" around with each other (though no one is saying anything like that in public or on the record).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:31 AM   #83
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
the more daring local media members have been throwing the term "point shaving" around with each other (though no one is saying anything like that in public or on the record).

So, that's why he could never hit the broad side of a barn with his jumpshot.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #84
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
So, that's why he could never hit the broad side of a barn with his jumpshot.

Yeah. I can see someone coming up with the point shaving idea based soley on 1.) How much he had been touted (he was considered the front runner for SEC player of the year before the season started); and 2.) How badly he played last season.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #85
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
New mock up on nbadraft.net.

Some selections:

1. Raptors - Aldridge
2. Bulls - Bargnani
3. Bobcats - Morrison
4. Blazers - Tyrus Thomas
11. Magic - J.J. Redick
16. Bulls - Quincy Douby
19. Kings - Jordan Farmar
24. Cavs - Saer Sene

I would love the Rockets to grab Williams...

Quote:
Interesting choice for the Cavs with the Senegal bigman Sene, though I'm a little nervous. He is described as one of those long, athletic, defensively-orientated Cs, and has no scoring ability to speak of and has only been playing basketball since 2003. Prospects like this rarely turn out IMO, and I'd rather go with someone who might actually be able to step right in and play.

Desagana Diop, anyone?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 06-01-2006 at 09:08 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:07 AM   #86
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would love the Rockets to grab Williams...

i dont know. his game looks good, but be very wary of someone who steals
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #87
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Really, people don't move all that much in the NBA draft. It's not like the NFL draft, for instance. I remember one #1 pick getting traded during all the years i have paid attention to the NBA.
And the Magic should have jsut kept the Webber/Shaq frontcourt.

I can think of the Webber-Hardaway, Deron Williams to the Jazz last season, and the Jamison-Carter deals off the top of my head. And I don't pay too close of attention.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #88
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't follow the NBA closely...

What are the chances of JJ Redick getting picked by the Pacers?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #89
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
I don't follow the NBA closely...

What are the chances of JJ Redick getting picked by the Pacers?

word is he won't get past utah
Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #90
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf

If this is a joke, it's a funny one.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #91
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf

Utah and Reddick make a lot of sense together. Plus, he reminds me a lot of Jeff Hornacek and Sloan knew how to get the most out of him.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #92
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
If this is a joke, it's a funny one.

it's what my people are telling me. it's about where he should go.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 06-01-2006 at 12:23 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #93
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Utah and Reddick make a lot of sense together. Plus, he reminds me a lot of Jeff Hornacek and Sloan knew how to get the most out of him.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...7&postcount=61

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #94
Groundhog
Coordinator

New Mock:

1. Raptors - Adam Morrison
2. Bulls - Tyrus Thomas
3. Bobcats - Rudy Gay
4. Blazers - Andrea Bargnani
5. Hawks - LaMarcus Aldridge
7. Celtics - Randy Foye
12. Hornets - J.J. Redick
16. Bulls - Quincy Douby
22. Nets - Jordan Farmar
25. Cavaliers - Rajon Rondo

I think this is starting to get closer to what we'll see on draft day. Morrison at #1 is maybe a surprise, but I think that's where he should go. He makes a lot more sense for the Raptors than Bargnani, Thomas, or Aldridge. Morrison's ability to score in the NBA is a lock - regardless of his other potential problems - which is probably more than you can say about Thomas-Bargnani-Aldridge.

Hawks would have to be happy with Aldridge at #5. This would be a great choice for them, but you can't help but feel that they'll draft yet another swingman like Gay or Carney...

I like Foye, and he's perhaps the one player that the Celtics might be able to use. They really don't need more youth however, and should maybe consider trading the pick for a veteran. Exactly what level of veteran player the #7 pick will get you in this year's draft however...

J.J. Redick would be a great pick for the Hornets IMO. A Redick & Paul backcourt has potential to be very, very dangerous. With Paul's ability to penetrate and kick, I can imagine the kind of looks Redick would get.

Cavs picking up Rondo makes a lot more sense than Saer Sene, but I'm still not so keen on it. Rondo just doesn't sound to me like he's going to be a starting quality PG, but unfortunately Farmar and Douby don't look like they are going to be around either.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #95
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
New Mock:

1. Raptors - Adam Morrison
2. Bulls - Tyrus Thomas
3. Bobcats - Rudy Gay
4. Blazers - Andrea Bargnani
5. Hawks - LaMarcus Aldridge
7. Celtics - Randy Foye
12. Hornets - J.J. Redick
16. Bulls - Quincy Douby
22. Nets - Jordan Farmar
25. Cavaliers - Rajon Rondo

I think this is starting to get closer to what we'll see on draft day. Morrison at #1 is maybe a surprise, but I think that's where he should go. He makes a lot more sense for the Raptors than Bargnani, Thomas, or Aldridge. Morrison's ability to score in the NBA is a lock - regardless of his other potential problems - which is probably more than you can say about Thomas-Bargnani-Aldridge.

Hawks would have to be happy with Aldridge at #5. This would be a great choice for them, but you can't help but feel that they'll draft yet another swingman like Gay or Carney...

I like Foye, and he's perhaps the one player that the Celtics might be able to use. They really don't need more youth however, and should maybe consider trading the pick for a veteran. Exactly what level of veteran player the #7 pick will get you in this year's draft however...

J.J. Redick would be a great pick for the Hornets IMO. A Redick & Paul backcourt has potential to be very, very dangerous. With Paul's ability to penetrate and kick, I can imagine the kind of looks Redick would get.

Cavs picking up Rondo makes a lot more sense than Saer Sene, but I'm still not so keen on it. Rondo just doesn't sound to me like he's going to be a starting quality PG, but unfortunately Farmar and Douby don't look like they are going to be around either.

Morrison is a much better fit for the Raptors than the the others that is for sure. I still don't think he is a number one pick overall. I don't think there is anyway that the Hawks won't take Aldridge if he is there. They seem intent on keeping all the small forwards they have on the roster. I would be concern with the Paul/Redick combo on the defensive end. Paul is only 6 feet tall and Redick is 6'4 (or less depending on what they measure at the pre draft camp this week)

Groundhog: I have been meaning to ask you. What has been the overall opinion of Andrew Bogut's rookie season in Australia?

Last edited by miami_fan : 06-04-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #96
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
Morrison is a much better fit for the Raptors than the the others that is for sure. I still don't think he is a number one pick overall. I don't think there is anyway that the Hawks won't take Aldridge if he is there. They seem intent on keeping all the small forwards they have on the roster. I would be concern with the Paul/Redick combo on the defensive end. Paul is only 6 feet tall and Redick is 6'4 (or less depending on what they measure at the pre draft camp this week)

Groundhog: I have been meaning to ask you. What has been the overall opinion of Andrew Bogut's rookie season in Australia?

It's a short backcourt, but I can see more teams willing to gamble with that kind of backcourt with the kind of success the Suns have had this year. Have a PG that can push the ball and a shooter like Redick can equal a lot of points. Defensively it hurts, but you should be able to outscore them.

Basketball doesn't get a lot of attention over here, but every time Bogut has a big game it's on the news. It's all been very positive however, and I think the general consensus is that he had a promising rookie year. My personal opinion is that he really needs to play C rather than PF, which will happen when Magloire goes. Also, the Bucks offense was not geared around their two post players at all. We got to see a lot of Bucks games on cable TV down here, and I was really surprised at how the Bucks used him. I think he's capable of a lot more, and if he'd played for a team like the Hawks he would have had a much better season. Before the season started I predicted 12pts 8rebs 3asts for him, and he didn't quite reach that, but with a few more touches he would have.

He's no all-star, but he's no Luc Longley, either.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #97
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Before the season started I predicted 12pts 8rebs 3asts for him, and he didn't quite reach that, but with a few more touches he would have.

He's no all-star, but he's no Luc Longley, either.

I didn't see too much of him, but he was much better than I expected.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #98
Groundhog
Coordinator

Some misc. rumours:

- Apparently no player's draft stock has been rising as fast as Rajon Rondo over the past few weeks. This surprises me, but hopefully it will lead to the team that intended on taking Farmar (Kings?) going after Rondo instead, and letting Farmar slide down to the Cavs.

- Morrison's agent is going to great lengths to assure everyone that his diabetes will not affect his pro career. I doubt this will have much affect on where he goes, and he still should be top 4.

- Utah brought the big Nigerian Saer Sene in for a workout and were impressed. He has a 7'8 wingspan and Karl Malone, who is acting as a sort of scout for the rookie work-outs, said some nice things about him. Good I say. Let the Jazz take him so that my Cavs don't.

- Haven't seen Douby's name being mentioned much at all. I really hope he falls to us. You guys have me excited about him...

- Illinois' Dee Brown's stock is rising too. He was considered a 2nd rounder, but may have worked his way up in to the first. Brown intrigues me. I think he's an NBA player, but is he an NBA quality PG, or a far too under-sized SG? He's only 6'0 in shoes, but might work off the bench in a combo-guard role. I could think of worse things than the Cavs grabbing him in the 1st round.

- I think this is a good year to have a few 2nd round selections. Some names on nbadraft.net's 2nd round list that I think might be able to contribute on a roster next year: Hassan Adams, Leon Powe, Paul Davis, Alan Ray and Gerry McNamara.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #99
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

- Apparently no player's draft stock has been rising as fast as Rajon Rondo over the past few weeks. This surprises me, but hopefully it will lead to the team that intended on taking Farmar (Kings?) going after Rondo instead, and letting Farmar slide down to the Cavs.

Chad Fraud has him going to the Celtics at 7, and I just pray he's wrong as usual! We don't need another defense first, no shot, pg. We had one in Marcus Banks and he just didn't pan out here, could have been Marcus' attitude but I'd still be leary of Rondo.

I know this isn't the NFL so trading down really isn't a plausible option, but I'd like to see the C's try to move down a bit into the early teens and grab Sergio Rodriguez. I've heard good things about him and checked out a few YouTube videos. As I've heard before he looks like a no attitude Jason Williams.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #100
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Justin Williams from Wyoming was the only player in D1 to be in the Top 10 in blocks and rebounds. He'll be an interesting pickup for somebody in the 2nd round, though he's not exactly NBA center material.