Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #51
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
The paper I linked to was an English newspaper. How are they controlled by the GOP? And someone else in this thread talking about "Iran won't send a nuke our way because that would be irrational..." Wha? I thought that was the whole point about the article, that Iran IS irrational, and their leader has grand visions of bringing back this 'hidden imam' or whatever.
And Kim Il-Jong II is.... a rational thinker?

Though I must say that BW's response to being mocked by China as world's police was that the rapture was going to happen right before then! LOL! That's funny shit!

ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #52
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Funny how a cult turned into a full blown regilious movement. Funny how a book that has some parts missing from it and parts added is so dearly believed in.

If you read and believe the Bible (which I know you don't), you would know that the Word is "God-breathed". In that respect, what you see at this moment is what was meant to be. People realize this and doubt (myself included), but faith assures them. As ridiculous as that sounds to someone without faith, it's the truth and it's very comforting. It's not something that can ever be explained, since it lies in a person of faith's heart. Even a lot people who are much more intelligent than you or I believe this.

Anyway, I don't want to start that debate since it can't be won until someone dies or believes.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #53
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
If you read and believe the Bible (which I know you don't), you would know that the Word is "God-breathed". In that respect, what you see at this moment is what was meant to be. People realize this and doubt (myself included), but faith assures them. As ridiculous as that sounds to someone without faith, it's the truth and it's very comforting. It's not something that can ever be explained, since it lies in a person of faith's heart. Even a lot people who are much more intelligent than you or I believe this.

Anyway, I don't want to start that debate since it can't be won until someone dies or believes.

That's a very good post.

It is truly unfortunate and sad that there are those professing faith but do not know about God's grace and love - which is the central theme of the Bible. We are called to live a life of humility and to love one another. It is by this love that God's grace can be known to others - a light, sort of speak. We are not called to be judgemental or to be perfect, that is the work of the Holy Spirit.

We are also not called to treat a life of faith as a secular sporting event where there are winners and losers, and the rules are determined by secular events. It is sad because instead of love, humility and service to others, there are those wishing to condemn, to judge and waste time looking for signs when they are supposed to be out there doing the work of Christ. It is very much irrelevant whether one passes on tomorrow or 100 years from now. We still live life doing as Christ would have done.

But if one is to live the life of a Pharisee and its legalism, tempted by secular signs and chose to be blinded by a cult of fear and hatred, then the only response is still to love and pray for the heart to become open.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #54
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
That's a very good post.

It is truly unfortunate and sad that there are those professing faith but do not know about God's grace and love - which is the central theme of the Bible. We are called to live a life of humility and to love one another. It is by this love that God's grace can be known to others - a light, sort of speak. We are not called to be judgemental or to be perfect, that is the work of the Holy Spirit.

We are also not called to treat a life of faith as a secular sporting event where there are winners and losers, and the rules are determined by secular events. It is sad because instead of love, humility and service to others, there are those wishing to condemn, to judge and waste time looking for signs when they are supposed to be out there doing the work of Christ. It is very much irrelevant whether one passes on tomorrow or 100 years from now. We still live life doing as Christ would have done.

But if one is to live the life of a Pharisee and its legalism, tempted by secular signs and chose to be blinded by a cult of fear and hatred, then the only response is still to love and pray for the heart to become open.

I don't know, that all sounds rather...er...judgemental.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #55
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know, that all sounds rather...er...judgemental.

Probably, it is easy to do in this form of communication.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #56
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
The paper I linked to was an English newspaper. How are they controlled by the GOP?
Telegraph is the conservative British paper, the FoxNews of British newspapers.

Quote:
And someone else in this thread talking about "Iran won't send a nuke our way because that would be irrational..." Wha? I thought that was the whole point about the article, that Iran IS irrational, and their leader has grand visions of bringing back this 'hidden imam' or whatever.
It's all perspective. An Iranian newspaper sees Bush as irrational for saying God is on his side in starting wars of aggression against a non-threat. A conservative newspaper in Britian sees the Iranian leader as irrational. It should also be noted that Bush's 'axis of evil' comment is part of what led to the current situation in Iran. It allowed the hardliners to paint the moderates as on the side of the US , reversing the political moderation that had been happening in the country and leading to the election of the current leader.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #57
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
It is sad because instead of love, humility and service to others, there are those wishing to condemn, to judge and waste time looking for signs when they are supposed to be out there doing the work of Christ.

Very nice post bro, if that map thing doesn't work out...

Mixing religions here...if being filled the holy spirit/born again, etc is like being enlightened do we lose choice?

I know that Jesus could have sinned at anytime, but really? If he was total spirit, filled to max, then all that could come out of him was goodness, his light could not help but shine. A lot of mystics and saints seem to be like this too; st francis, ignatius, teresa of avila, etc.

My point is that if one is, for example, "wasting time looking for signs" then can the quality of their faith be questioned? Judgeing not for their sake but for the sake of our own journey.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote