bigjdotcom01
High School JV

Big Match today.......good luck!

bigjdotcom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:08 AM   #52
NevStar
High School Varsity

Friendly: West Henrietta FC - Morrisville Morrisvillians

We'll be playing a motley crew of part-time starters, trainees, and reserves. No offense to bigjdotcom01, but the training regime comes first. Here's the lineup

GK: Ed Negron
DR: Earl Frantz
DC: James Lund
DL: Robert Cannon (off)
MR: Greger Bladin
MC: Richard Stewart (Def)
MC: Buster Minton (Def)
MC: Søren Andersen (Xtra)
ML: Victoro Sifres Belenguer (Off)
FC: George Warren
FC: Ethan Miller (Defensive)

with the defensive forward, I'm essentially playing with 6 midfielders, while giving up lots of attack strength. If I don't hold a midfield advantage, I may as well just resign now.

Date: 2/13/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 5006868
Arena: Dome Arena
Weather: Heavy Rain (in Dome Arena )

Attendence: 360 d'oh, damn bad weather

Formations
WHFC: 5-4-1
MMFC: 3-5-2 was inadequate, now excellent

Scoring
WHFC: xx (88): Duke Gandy (corner kick) 1-0
MMFC: 88: Ethan Miller 1-1

Bookings
WHFC: 18: John Portillo (yellow - aggressive challenge)
MMFC: 41: Buster Minton (yellow - aggressive challenge)
MMFC: 41: Victoro Sifres Belenguer (yellow - aggressive challenge, minor injury to Jackie Harrington) sorry 'bout that
WHFC: 82: John Portillo (2nd yellow - aggressive challenge - sent off)
WHFC: 86: Matthew Whitman (yellow - taking a dive)
MMFC: xx: James Lund (yellow - shirt pulling)

xx = no minute given in the match report

Possession
1st half: MMFC - 70%
2nd half: MMFC - 59%

Other notes
George Warren, who often relies on his speed, had a rotten day on the drenched grass.

Most important Henrietta player was Matthew Whitman. However, Duke Gandy made a disastrous appearance. Morrisvillians´s best player was Earl Frantz (he's Crazy!). However, Ethan Miller made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 1.

West Henrietta FC
Midfield: disastrous
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: wretched
Left Side Attack: wretched

Morrisville Morrisvillians
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: poor
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: wretched
Left Side Attack: passable

GK: Ed Negron *
DR: Earl Frantz **
DC: James Lund **
DL: Robert Cannon *~
MR: Greger Bladin *~
DMC: Richard Stewart **
DMC: Buster Minton *~
MC: Søren Andersen *
ML: Victoro Sifres Belenguer **
FC: George Warren ~
FC: Ethan Miller ~

Match Analysis

"His father was mudder. His mother was a mudder."
"His muddah was a mudder?"

The 360 spectators who actually braved the monsoon were treated to 90 minutes of completely terrible soccer. Next time, we'll play in North Carolina, where it's warm

The fact that I played two chumps at forward, coupled with the excellent WH defense (5 defenders!), made my attack truly pathetic. The 2-goal flurry at the end was amusing, as really neither of our keepers played well enough to deserve the clean sheet.

One bright spot was the play of winger Belenguer. He's improved his rating (from 1.0 to 1.5 to 2.0) in each game he's played.

Club News
2/13/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 816 US$. Let the good times roll

Up Next: The gala unveiling of the newly renovated Morrisvillians Arena (name still pending)
Old 02-13-2003, 08:13 AM   #53
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Could be worse...I do believe it's been a downpour in my last three home games...
Old 02-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #54
NevStar
High School Varsity

Training results

No playmaking increases, next week we'll be training stamina.

6 increases in form (5 starters)
1 decrease in form (0 starters)

12 increases in value (highest Richard Stewart $338,000 (+$18,000))
4 decreases in value (lowest George Warren $32,000 (-$5,000))

We've got 2 starters at solid form: MC Vega and FC Felton
Midfielder George Warren has lost 3 form levels in 2 weeks.

Team Stats
these stats do not include the coach.

Players: 18
Total Value: $1,476,000 (+$52,000)
Avg Value: $79,111 (+$82,000)

Total Wage: $16,760
Avg Wage: $931

Arena

Arena: Morrisville Morrisvillians Arena

Belongs to: Morrisville Morrisvillians
Region : North Carolina
Last improvement: 2/13/2003
Total capacity: 15041

Terraces: 9476
Basic seating: 3760
Seats under roof: 1504
Seats in VIP boxes: 301

Renovations are complete, and our home game next week vs. Maryland Defect will be the first here. Since we're trying to attract a greater mainstream fan base, my advisors have suggested that we change the name of our fan club. Changing from the obscure Simpsons reference: "Attractive Cousins Brigade," we elect to capitalize on one of our popular players. The fan club is now called: "Crazy Earl's Crazy Squad." I guess using a paranoid schizophrenic to head the fan club IS much better public image. Yeah.

(edit) While we're on the subject, we'd like to publically thank our supporters and give them first choice of the new VIP lounges in the new arena.

Thanks to:

1. sterlingice
Supporter since: 2003-02-02 22:57:25
2. wackerfreak (HornedFrog)
Supporter since: 2003-02-07 07:40:01
3. vexroid
Supporter since: 2003-02-13 08:21:58

FOFC Consolation Cup
We're facing FC Hartford on the road. That game is definately winnable. We'll talk more about this after the next league match.

Last edited by NevStar : 02-13-2003 at 10:44 PM.
NevStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #55
NevStar
High School Varsity

Economy Update

Cash funds: -258 045 US$ (-303 638) US$
Sponsors: delirious
Supporter Club: 590 members
Supporters: high on life

Code:
This week Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 9 627 Sponsors 33 300 Wages 17 764 Financial 2 400 Interest 12 902 Temporary 0 Temporary 0 Staff 21 000 Youth squad 20 000 Total revenue 35 700 Total expenses 81 293 Expected income/loss -45 593 Last week Revenue Expenses Crowd 32 816 Arena 3 900 Sponsors 31 200 Wages 17 764 Financial 0 Interest 12 395 Temporary 1 400 Temporary 2 000 Staff 19 500 Youth squad 20 000 Total revenue 65 416 Total expenses 75 559 Last week´s income/loss -10 143

Notes

* Even with a home game last week, I failed to make a profit. I have another home game this week, but still appear to be unable to make a profit over a 2 week period. The only way out of debt is hope to pull a sellable youth, or sell an existing player (probably Richard Stewart)

* My economist saved me $900. Before the update, I hired another spokesperson, bringing my total to 5, and he generated an additional $2100 in revenue (+$600).

Youth Squad

My youth squad has increased to inadequate this week. Hopefully we'll pull something more than crap. *drumroll*

Numbers Vandyke (8314943)
17 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 2 000 US$

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor

Despite having one of the best names in the history of hattrick, Numbers is a disappointment, and was fired. Drat!

Up Next: We play Maryland Defect, the #3 team in our league. On one hand, they are significantly less skilled than Cons Commandos, who we beat last week. On the other hand, they're still more skilled than we are, and have no exploitable weaknesses in their formation.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:19 PM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good luck tomorrow!
Old 02-15-2003, 07:30 PM   #57
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ow. Those are some serious money problems!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:29 PM   #58
NevStar
High School Varsity

Match
We face Maryland Defect, the third place team in our division. Although it's only a two horse race for champion this season, the Defect looks to be one of the favorites for next season. Although they're not as dominating as Cons Commandos or The Champion, they look to be very solid, with few weaknesses.

Maryland looks to be a very active coach, adjusting their formation based on their competition (unlike Cons last week). As a result, not only have they overachieved, they're much tougher to plan for. In turn, we decide suprise is our best advantage, and elect to run a 3-5-2 instead of our usual league formation of 4-5-1. While their attack is decent (3 passables), I feel its less dangerous than the last 2 teams we've faced.

GK: Robby Dudley-Evans

DR: James Lund (Defensive)
DC: Richard Stewart
DL: "Crazy" Earl Frantz

MR: Kelvin Campbell (Offensive)
DMC: Gabriel Ribelles (Defensive)
MC: Theodore Vega (Extra Inner Midfield - from DC)
AMC: Matt Atkins (Offensive)
ML: Robert Cannon (Offensive)

FR: Alan Felton
FL: Søren Andersen

On to the match...

Morrisville Morrisvillians - Maryland Defect

Date: 2/17/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 4593040

Attendance: 15008

Formations
MMFC: 3-5-2 (excellent)
MD: 3-5-2

Scoring
MD: 20: Carlos Gurley 0 - 1
MD: 34: Carlos Gurley 0 - 2
MD: 38: Carlos Gurley 0 - 3
MD: 47: Carlos Gurley 0 - 4
MD: 55: Mateo Semprún Balenciaga 0 - 5
MD: 57: Mateo Semprún Balenciaga 0 - 6

Bookings
None.

Possesion
1st half: MD - 52%
2nd half: MD - 56%

Other notes
76: MMFC Kelvin Campbell injured (knee)

The most dominating Morrisvillians player was without a doubt Richard Stewart. Gabriel Ribelles was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Maryland player was without a doubt Wendell Hardy. Carlos Gurley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 6.

Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: weak
Central Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: excellent

Maryland Defect
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: inadequate

GK Dudley-Evans: **
DR Lund: **
DC Stewart: ***
DL Frantz: **

MR Belenguer: **
MR Campbell: ** (injured)
MC Vega: **~
AMC Atkins: **~
DMC Ribelles: *~
ML Cannon: **

FC Felton: **~
FC Andersen: **

Match Analysis

Zuh?? Judging by player and formation ratings, this match shouldn't have been such a blowout. I got 24 stars to their 26, they had a moderately better defense (+6), I had a moderately better offense (+6). Our midfields were close to equal. I really can't explain it. Can any of the veterans explain the lopsided score?

Kelvin Campbell is injured for 1 week. This match is over, now let's never speak of it again.

League

Code:
1. Cons Commandos 10 51 - 14 27 2. The Champion 10 45 - 18 24 3. Maryland Defect 10 31 - 14 21 4. Opiewon Kenobi 10 27 - 16 17 5. Yoknapatawpha Jeffe 10 31 - 26 11 6. Morrisville Morrisv 10 14 - 43 7 7. F.C. Hastings 10 12 - 35 6 8. SpearsRocks 10 6 - 51 4

LAST ROUND

Morrisville M - Maryland Defe 0 - 6
Yoknapatawpha - F.C. Hastings 4 - 0
Opiewon Kenob - SpearsRocks 0 - 0
Cons Commando - The Champion 4 - 2

NEXT ROUND

The Champion - Opiewon Kenobi
SpearsRocks - Yoknapatawpha Jeffer
F.C. Hastings - Morrisville Morrisvi
Maryland Defect - Cons Commandos

The only surprise was Opiewon Kenobi tying SpearsRocks. This result still gives us an outside chance at 4th place.

Club News

2/17/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 78 252 US$.

My supporter's mood has fallen from high on life all the way to irritated. Ouch. In addition my team's confidence has fallen from strong to poor. We'll need a convincing win on the road next week to build it back up to get a good attendence for our next home game.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to ram my head against the wall.

Last edited by NevStar : 02-16-2003 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:31 PM   #59
NevStar
High School Varsity

With hattrick being down all day, I figured I'd try to limit everybody's withdrawal symptoms with another exciting episode of...

Where Are They Now?

Robert Doss, 28-year-old reserve wingback, was purchased for $6000 by a US division IV team. After a failed daytrading attempt, Doss was listed again, this time purchased by a brand new US division V team for $10000. We got $600 in mother club fees. Doss started at wingback for his new club, where he scored a goal, before getting 2 yellow cards and being sent off. He'll be suspended next week.

Tom Egan, backup goalkeeper, was purchased for $20000 by a US division V team to replace their injured starting keeper. He has improved significantly, his value has doubled to around $130,000. In Sunday's game, he was rated for the first time at 2.0 stars, after getting 1.5 the previous 2 weeks.

Last edited by NevStar : 02-17-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:26 AM   #60
NevStar
High School Varsity

Match: FOFC Consolation Cup

We start a few more starters than for an ordinary friendly, but still rest the big guns (Stewart, Frantz, Atkins, Felton, Dudley-Evans).

FC Hartford - Morrisville Morrisvillians

Date: 2/20/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 5023329
Arena: FC Hartford Arena
Crowd: 299

299 spectators had come to FC Hartford Arena this cloudy day. Hartford started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. They fielded: Cornwell - Crook, Zuniga, Giles, Schrader - Spiridon, Ambrose, Staley, Benoit - Watt, Li.

Morrisvillians tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Negron - Ribelles, Little, Lund, Bladin - Cannon, Warren, Vega, Minton, Sifres Belenguer - Andersen.

After 2 minutes Hartfords Milton Giles had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Kurt Guevara came in instead of him. Theodore Vega came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 2nd minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Garland Cornwell managed to tip the ball to a corner. In the games 2nd minute Hartford´s Van Watt fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Van Watt for taking a dive. Theodore Vega came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 4:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Garland Cornwell managed to tip the ball to a corner. 0 - 0 was the half-time score. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

Pretty evenly matched first half. Vega had 2 scoring opportunities, but came up short

Hartford made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Hector Li completely alone with keeper Ed Negron, who made a spectacular block. Melvin Ambrose still has a lot to learn. Like for instance not to make half-hearted passes in front of George Warren who now could score for Morrisvillians. to 0-1. The home crowd were tearing their hair as Hector Li missed a penalty shot by miles in the 67:th minute. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 73rd minute, an alert Hector Li bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. Hartford, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

Wow, first time I've even been into extra time. Their stamina is better than mine, so I don't like my chances

As none of the teams had managed to win, extra time was called. Gabriel Ribelles of Morrisvillians received a yellow card in the 91st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The result was still a draw, so the game had to be settled with penalties.

About now I'm wishing I HAD played my best guys. You know, the guys with experience, set pieces & scoring.

Hartford´s Hector Li had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 2 - 1. Morrisvillians´s Robert Cannon hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 2 - 1. Hartford´s Dean Benoit penalty shot was very well placed but Ed Negron went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 2 - 1. Morrisvillians´s Gabriel Ribelles was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Garland Cornwell. Score still 2 - 1. Hartford´s Melvin Ambrose hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 2 - 1. Morrisvillians´s George Warren cooly put the ball past Garland Cornwell. 2 - 2. Hartford´s Van Watt, obviously having last minute doubt´s, produced a loose ball to the right post. Unfortunately Ed Negron made a premature move to the left and didn´t make it back. New score 3 - 2. Morrisvillians´s Buster Minton was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Garland Cornwell. Score still 3 - 2. Hartford´s Mikey Zuniga was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Ed Negron. Score still 3 - 2. Morrisvillians´s Greger Bladin hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 3 - 2.

The most dominating Hartford player was without a doubt Dean Benoit. Cezar Spiridon on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Morrisvillians player was without a doubt Theodore Vega. Ed Negron on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 2.

FC Hartford

Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: inadequate

GK Ed Negron *

DR Gabriel Ribelles **
DC James Lund **
DC Dan Little **
DL Greger Bladin *~

MR Robert Cannon ** (Offensive)
MC Buster Minton *~
MC Theodore Vega **~
MC George Warren * (Extra IM)
ML Victoro Sifres Belenguer ** (Offensive)

FC Søren Andersen **

Match Analysis
An exciting game, and the few fans who showed got their money's worth.

My friendlies lately remind me of when I used to play Blood Bowl with dwarves. Yeah, I'd lose a lot, but at least I'd win in the casualty count. Sorry about Giles, samifan . This is a game I probably should have won, and would have had my keeper played better.

Club News

2/20/2003 1 supporters left the club.
2/20/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 695 US$.
2/17/2003 1 supporters left the club.
2/17/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 78 252 US$.

Ouch, that's what one blowout at home will do to your fan club. Going from +30 fans a week to losing 2. This just isn't a good week for NevStar's fake sports teams: 2 losses in Hattrick and the CFBL Cubs lost 2 playoff games at home.

We need a decisive win next week to get them back. Our next match is on the road against the #7 team in the series, F.C. Hastings. For the first time in club history, we'll be the favored team. It'll be interesting to see how our club reacts.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #61
Alf
Pro Starter

how is it that supporters leave ?
Old 02-20-2003, 11:13 AM   #62
NevStar
High School Varsity

Supporters join & leave based on the supporters mood shown on the Economy screen. Since my supporter mood dropped all the way to irritated, fans dropped out of the fan club.

As I understand it, there's also a max club size that increases for each series (thus a division IV club will usually have a bigger fan club than a similar division V club).
Old 02-20-2003, 02:14 PM   #63
vex
Grizzled Veteran

How many do you have?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:38 PM   #64
NevStar
High School Varsity

Currently, I'm at 588
Old 02-20-2003, 03:41 PM   #65
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry to hear about fans leaving. That is pretty rough.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:59 PM   #66
NevStar
High School Varsity

ardent: We shall overcome! Eventually. Maybe. Perhaps.

Economy

Cash funds: -258 045 US$ (-226 691) US$
Sponsors: delirious
Supporter Club: 588 members
Supporters: irritated
Code:
Revenue Expenses Crowd 78 947 Arena 9 627 Sponsors 33 300 Wages 17 764 Financial 2 400 Interest 12 902 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 21 000 Youth squad 20 000 Total revenue 114 647 Total expenses 83 293 Expected income/loss 31 354

We turned a slight profit this week, but going on the road next week should drop our debt another $50,000 or so. This is getting unbearable, unless the youth squad starts producing, we'll be forced to sell some starters.

Last edited by NevStar : 02-20-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:18 PM   #67
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I would recommend hiring an economist until you get above the -$200,000 mark. An economist should reduce your interest payments more than the $1,500 per week you would need to pay them.

You also might consider cutting back on some of your other staff (assistant coaches and physios) until you get into a better financial state.

Just a couple of ideas.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #68
NevStar
High School Varsity

DK,

I already hired an economist. He's saving me $900 after I pay his salary (it's listed under Revenue > Financial). I guess it's been a while since I've reported on my staff.

Goaltending Coaches: 1
Assistant Coaches: 5
Sport Psychologists: 1
Spokepersons: 5
Economists: 1
Physiotherapists: 1
Doctors: 0

Here's a question: My starting winger Kelvin Campbell is injured for a week. Is it worth it to hire a doctor to be sure he heals next week? He's 24 & his backup, assuming he doesn't drop in form, is only a half-star worse.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by NevStar : 02-20-2003 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:48 PM   #69
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Unless you're training Campbell, I don't think its worth it to hire a doctor, especially given the state of your finances. If you are training him, though, then I think a doctor would be worthwhile. A doctor should get him back in fighting trim before next week's friendly match.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 02-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #70
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In one case for me, Jerome was hurt for four weeks. As my only passable scorer, I needed him back desperately. I hired 8 doctors, and Jerome was only out 10 days. Well worth the hiring and firing.

Just proof positive that a torn ACL doesn't mean a guy is out for the year.

I originally told this story back when Horned and I talked smack almost daily on the board about hattrick. I wish I knew what I wrote then. That would be quote of the moment material.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:30 PM   #71
NevStar
High School Varsity

Training results

We trained stamina this week. There were 14 increases. The only players that DIDN'T see an increase were Alan Felton (already at excellent), Earl Frantz (passable), Kelvin Campbell (injured), George Warren, and Buster Minton.

1 increase in form (0 starters)
4 decreases in form (1 starter, Alan Felton from solid to passable)

13 increases in value (highest Richard Stewart $383,000 (+$45,000))
4 decreases in value (lowest Kelvin Campbell $84,000 (-$15,000))

No starters in excellent form, 1 starter in solid (MC T.Vega)

backup midfield G.Warren has rebounded from his form slide the last few weeks, and increased to inadequate form.

Team Stats
these stats do not include the coach.

Total Value: $1,584,000 (+$108,000)
Avg Value: $88,000 (+$8889)

Avg Wage: $931 (no changes from last week)

Club News
We arrange a home friendly with a brand new Div IV French club for next week, betis 93. We'll try to make our country proud.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #72
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by NevStar
We arrange a home friendly with a brand new Div IV French club for next week, betis 93. We'll try to make our country proud.

If you beat them, do they have to support us against Iraq?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 02-21-2003, 01:43 PM   #73
NevStar
High School Varsity

I doubt I have that much clout. Yet.

However, copying from some of our fine Southern eating establishments, our vendors will be selling Freedom Fries during the game.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:47 AM   #74
NevStar
High School Varsity

Youth Squad

Still at inadequate. Our youth pull this week was of the usual value: crap.

Justin Langevin: 18 years old, value: $3000

Inadequate stamina, weak passing, poor winger, nothing else above wretched.

He was fired immediately.

Club News
Cash funds: -226 691 US$ (-272 866) US$
Sponsors: high on life +1
Supporter Club: 588 members -2
Supporters: irritated -5

Suprising that the sponsors mood still increased, despite the supporter mood drop. Behold, the power of spokespersons.

Team Spirit: composed
Confidence: decent -1, but +1 since last Wednesday

After mulling over it for 3 weeks, I decided to transfer list our superstar, Richard Stewart. The deciding factor was that I could get a replacement central defender of similar skill for half his value. It's his secondary skills that make him so high valued, and he doesn't get a chance to use them in my system. His opening value is rather high, so I'm not positive that he'll even get any bids:

Richard Stewart (7871734)
20 years, passable form, healthy

A popular guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 383 000 US$
Wage: 2 040 US$/week
Owner: Morrisville Morrisvillians
Warnings: 0

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: wretched
Winger: inadequate Defending: solid
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: solid

Transfer list: Central Defender

Deadline: 2/26/2003 at 18:02

Asking price: 440 000 US$

Last edited by NevStar : 02-23-2003 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:53 PM   #75
NevStar
High School Varsity

Match
We face F.C. Hastings, the 7th place team in V.93. They are an active team, with lots of recent transfers, but just not very talented. We should have an easy time with it. However, I play this match regularly instead of PIC, because I NEED the extra goals to get fan support back. Although winger Kelvin Campbell, who was injured last week, is available to play (bruised), we elect to sit him.

DR: Richard Stewart (Defensive)
DC: James Lund
DL: "Crazy" Earl Frantz

MR: Robert Cannon (Offensive)
MC: Gabriel Ribelles (Extra Inner Midfield - from DC)
DMC: Theodore Vega (Defensive)
ML: Victoro Sifres Belenguer (Offensive)

FR: Alan Felton
FL: Søren Andersen

F.C. Hastings - Morrisville Morrisvillians
Date: 2/24/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 4593046
Arena: Hastings Coliseum

Attendance: 4248
Weather: overcast

Formations
MMFC: 3-5-2 (solid)
FCH: 3-5-2

Match Summary
3: MMFC - Søren Andersen(1), right, goal 0 - 1
xx: MMFC - Richard Stewart(2), penalty kick, goal 0 - 2
xx: MMFC - Søren Andersen, yellow card, nasty challenge (injured Thomas Rojas)
xx: FCH - Leslie Pemberton, foul in penalty area, penalty kick failed
41: MMFC - Alan Felton(6), left, goal 0 - 3

Halftime: MMFC lowered tempo. Possession: 64% Morrisville. Morrisville had 5 scoring opportunities to Hastings' 0.

xx: MMFC - James Lund(1), rebound off of corner kick, goal 0 - 4
69: MMFC - Robert Cannon(1), right, goal 0 - 5
xx: MMFC - Søren Andersen, 2nd yellow card, unsportsmanlike behavior, sent off
78: FCH - Al Fenton, yellow card, studs-first challenge (injured Gabriel Ribelles, but was able to continue)
End of 2nd half: Possession: 72% Morrisville. Morrisville had 2 scoring opps, Hastings 0.

The most dominating Hastings player was without a doubt Al Fenton. Tomas Lifell on the other hand, had a terrible day. Morrisvillians´s best player was Richard Stewart. Gabriel Ribelles on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 5.

Other notes

F.C. Hastings
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: weak

Right Side Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid

GK: Dudley-Evans **

DR: Stewart (Defensive) ***
DC: Lund **
DL: Frantz **

MR: Cannon (Offensive) **
MC: Atkins (Offensive) ***
MC: Vega (Defensive) ***
MC: Ribelles (Extra Inner Midfield - from DC) *~
ML: Belenguer (Offensive) **

FR: Felton **~
FL: Andersen (? - ejected)

Match Analysis
The stamina training seems to have done our midfielders good, bumping both Atkins and Vega to 3 stars. My midfield rating didn't improve to inadequate yet, but it's stronger than all but the top teams in this league. Easy game, and I'm happy with the results.

League

Code:
1. Cons Commandos 11 53 - 18 27 2. The Champion 11 45 - 18 25 3. Maryland Defect 11 35 - 16 24 4. Opiewon Kenobi 11 27 - 16 18 5. Yoknapatawpha Jeffe 11 38 - 26 14 6. Morrisville Morrisv 11 19 - 43 10 7. F.C. Hastings 11 12 - 40 6 8. SpearsRocks 11 6 - 58 4

LAST ROUND

The Champion - Opiewon Kenob 0 - 0
SpearsRocks - Yoknapatawpha 0 - 7
F.C. Hastings - Morrisville M 0 - 5
Maryland Defe - Cons Commando 4 - 2

NEXT ROUND

Cons Commandos - Opiewon Kenobi
Maryland Defect - F.C. Hastings
Morrisville Morrisvi - SpearsRocks
Yoknapatawpha Jeffer - The Champion

Some big surprises in league play this week, as the top two teams suffer low team spirit effects from playing their last match versus each other as a Match Of The Season. Maryland upsets the leaders Cons Commandos, but Cons holds onto the league lead as 2nd place The Champion tied 4th place Opiewon Kenobi in a rainy, muddy mess of a game.

Despite my proclaiming our league a two-horse race last week, Maryland has jumped into the thick of things. I still predict the Commandos to win the division, though.

Our goal is still 4th place: We need to win out, and Opiewon needs to lose their remaining 3 games. It's not likely but it's possible.
Code:
Opiewon Kenobi's schedule Week Morrisville's schedule @Cons Commandos 12 SpearsRocks Yoknapatawpha Jefferson 13 @The Champion @Morrisville 14 Opiewon Kenobi
Provided we upset The Champion and they choke against YJ, it'll come down to a head-to-head for 4th place.

Club News

Supporter's mood jumped 3 spots to "satisfied." The fickle bastards. "He's right!" "Give us hell, Quimby!" *cheers*

Team confidence jumps another spot to "strong."

Up Next

Next week, We play last place, inactive SpearsRocks. We'll be without Søren Andersen, who scored his first goal today. Still, we'll be playing it cool to prepare for The Champion.

Before that, we prepare for betis 93 in an international "friendly." They are French, so I can't assume they'll be all that friendly, though.

No bids on Stewart yet, but that was expected.

Last edited by NevStar : 02-23-2003 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:29 AM   #76
NevStar
High School Varsity

Friendly
We challenged a whole list of online teams in 3 countries (Poland, Italy & France), before this new French team, betis 93, accepted. We really need revenue, so the additional attendence here will really help us. On the other hand, we're pretty much guaranteed not to cover betis's travel expenses, so we're subtly lowering the strength of the entire French league. :insert evil laugh here:

Morrisville Morrisvillians - Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys er, I mean, betis 93
Date: 2/27/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 5049800
Crowd: 1031

Formations
Morrisvillians had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Negron - Miller, Little, Lund, Bladin - Frantz, Stewart, Warren, Minton, Campbell - Hawkins.

betis tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Claisse - Wahl, Duval, Aubert, Romand - Coutain, Godefroy, Koessler, Lavaud - Dutruc, Alin.

Match Summary

1: MMFC - Colby Hawkins, 1 - 0 Da Coach, showing up the young guys
33: MMFC - Richard Stewart, penalty kick, goal 2 - 0

Halftime: Score 2-0. Possession: 74% Morrisville. Scoring Opportunities: 2 - 1 Morrisville

xx: B93 - Hervé Lavaud, yellow card, nasty challenge
67: MMFC - Kelvin Campbell injured (foot) - sub Søren Andersen
73: MMFC - Richard Stewart, free kick, goal 3 - 0
End of 2nd half: Possession: 76% Morrisville. Scoring Opportunities: 3 - 0 Morrisville

The most dominating Morrisvillians player was without a doubt Richard Stewart. Colby Hawkins on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important betis player was Martin Aubert. Hervé Lavaud on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Attack: disastrous

betis 93
Midfield: disastrous

Player Ratings
GK Negron *
DR Miller ~
DC Little **
DC Lund **
DL Bladin *
MR Frantz (Offensive) **
MC Stewart (Defensive) **~
MC Minton *~
ML Andersen (Offensive) *
ML Campbell (Injured) *
FC Hawkins (zero!)
MC Warren (Extra Inner Mid) *~

Match Analysis
Good News: We won. Stewart remains the set pieces stud, scoring 2 goals. He also looked good as a defensive midfielder.

Bad News: Starting winger Kelvin Campbell reinjured his foot and is out for 5 weeks. His status was at bruised for the game, but I played him because I didn't want him to lose training.

It's not quite as bad, however, as Belenguer has been putting up similar ratings lately.

Club News
Obviously, Richard Stewart did not draw any bidders at his $440,000 price. It may be a waste to train playmaking when I have 2 good young defenders in Stewart & Lund, but I also have a potential star at midfield in 19-year old Theodore Vega.

Being that I'm too far in debt to use the transfer market, my feelings are that the best way to improve the club's performance is to improve the midfield position. Thus, I'm training in playmaking. Next season, I may change my mind & train defense.

2/27/2003 8 new supporters signed up and paid 240 US$ in fees.
2/27/2003 You hired one or several specialists.
2/27/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 2 743 US$.
2/24/2003 8 new supporters signed up and paid 240 US$ in fees.

With the additional supporters this week, our supporter club has gone over 600 members, and now sits at 604 members. Following Campbell's injury, we hired 2 doctors, hoping that he'll be back into shape by the final league match. The full economy update, in all it's gruesome details, will be posted tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:18 AM   #77
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys
Bounjourrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

SI

Old 02-27-2003, 05:38 PM   #78
NevStar
High School Varsity

Economy Update

Cash funds: -226 691 US$ (-269 643) US$
Sponsors: high on life +1
Supporter Club: 604 members +16
Supporters: satisfied +3
Code:
This week Revenue Expenses Crowd 2 743 Arena 9 627 Sponsors 34 050 Wages 17 764 Financial 2 500 Interest 11 335 Temporary 480 Temporary 3 000 Staff 21 000 Youth squad 20 000 Total revenue 39 773 Total expenses 82 725 Expected income/loss -42 952
The Club

Youth Squad: inadequate
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week

Goaltending Coaches: 1
Sport Psychologists: 1
Physiotherapists: 1
Doctors: 2

Training

Training Level: 95%
Training Type: Playmaking
Coach: Colby Hawkins
Team Spirit: composed (no change)
Confidence: strong +2

Notes

* The only change in staff is the hiring of 2 doctors. My staff bill will increase next week.

* The economist saved $1000 this week (up $100 from last week), despite our debt being less this week. I assume the economist savings lags one week behind the actual interest payments. This would also explain why I didn't save anything the first week I had an economist. If my financial revenue next week is less than $2500, despite an increased debt, this will be proved.

* My youth squad is probably only a week or two from hitting passable. Hopefully we'll get some big youth pulls soon, as it'll be the only way to dig out from this debt.

* Next week, we play last place SpearsRocks. We'll be PIC'ing the match, which will give us a chance to boost team spirit for the last 2 games.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:45 PM   #79
NevStar
High School Varsity

Training results

No playmaking increases.

4 increases in form (2 starters, backup Gregor Bladin increased 2 spots to inadequate)
3 decreases in form (3 starters, Earl Frantz-weak, Kelvin Campbell-inadequate & injured, Alan Felton-inadequate)

13 increases in value (highest Matt Atkins $188,000 (+$11,000))
4 decreases in value (lowest Kelvin Campbell $49,000 (-$44,000))

Still no starters in excellent form, we now have 2 starters in solid (MC T.Vega, DC J.Lund)

Forward Alan Felton has lost form the last two weeks. Not an emergency yet, but it's waving a flag.

Kelvin Campbell loses almost half of his value due to the injury. Also, by the time he's able to play again, his form will probably be wretched. A minor bright spot: he's now down to 4 weeks injured.

Team Stats

These stats do not include the coach.

Total Value: $1,577,000 (-$7,000)
Avg Value: $87,611 (-$389)

Avg Wage: $931

Club News
Next week we have another home international friendly, this time with div V Polish side KS Brasiliana. I'll spare you the rude messages written in Polish that I got from teams who rejected my challenges. I think they were still just upset at having to clean all the white out off their computer screen. *rimshot*
Old 03-02-2003, 09:11 PM   #80
NevStar
High School Varsity

Weekly Update

No noteworthy changes. My youth squad remains at inadequate, my sponsor's mood remains at high on life.

Youth Pull

Spencer Raymond (8582810)
18 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is tranquil and righteous.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 7 000 US$
Wage: 520 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: wretched

Nothing special. If I were training scoring, I'd keep him around as a trainee. As it is, I doubt he'd fetch $1000 on the transfer market. Still, he's my best youth pull to date. I don't fire him right away, as he's good enough to be my reserve forward while Søren Andersen serves his suspension. Little do I know, that proves to be a fortunate decision.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #81
NevStar
High School Varsity

Match
We face SpearsRocks, the 8th place team in V.93. They have very little talent, being outscored 58 to 3 on the season. They play a 5-3-2, and as such, their defense generally scores decent ratings. Since Andersen is suspended, we'll play a 4-5-1, but arrange our middies and wingbacks a little more offensively than normal. We'll also be Playing It Cool this game.

DR: Earl Frantz
DC: Dan Little (Offensive)
DC: Richard Stewart
DL: James Lund (Defensive)

MR: Robert Cannon (Offensive)
MC: Theodore Vega
MC: Gabriel Ribelles (Extra Inner Midfield - from FR)
ML: Victoro Sifres Belenguer (Offensive)

FC: Alan Felton

Morrisville Morrisvillians - SpearsRocks

Date: 3/3/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 4593050
Crowd: 7589

Match Summary
34: MMFC: Matt Atkins injury (shin) - Sub: George Warren
43: MMFC: Richard Stewart(3) - penalty goal 1 - 0
45: SR: Randy Emerson - yellow card
MMFC: Dan Little injury(from foul) - Sub: Buster Minton

Halftime: Possession: 73% Morrisville. Scoring Opps: 1-0 Morrisville

xx: SR: Emory Sorenson - yellow card
xx: MMFC: Gabriel Ribelles(3) - goal 2 - 0
56: MMFC: Earl Frantz injury (knee) - Sub: Greger Bladin
74: MMFC: Richard Stewart(4) - penalty goal 3 - 0

End of 2nd half: Possession: 77% Morrisville. Scoring Opps: 2-0 Morrisville

Morrisvillians´s best player was Richard Stewart. However, George Warren made a disastrous appearance. Most important SpearsRocks player was Emory Sorenson. Dante Page on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.

SpearsRocks
Right Side Defence: poor
Central Attack: weak

GK: Dudley-Evans **

DR: Frantz *~ (injured)
DR: Bladin *~
DC: Little (Off) *~ (injured)
DC: Minton (Off) *~
DC: Stewart ***
DL: Lund (Def) **~

MR: Cannon (Off) **~
MC: Vega ***
AMC: Atkins (Off) ** (injured)
AMC: Warren (Off) *~
MC: Ribelles *~
ML: Sifres Belenguer (Off) **

FC: Felton **

Match Analysis
Not one, not two, but three starters hurt! If that's not bad enough, our gate receipts are only 40 502 US$, which isn't enough to give us a positive cash flow for the week. We quickly hire 2 more physio's, so this will NEVER happen again, in addition to another doctor, giving us 3 of both.

League

Code:
1. Cons Commandos 12 56 - 18 30 2. Maryland Defect 12 41 - 16 27 3. The Champion 12 48 - 24 25 4. Opiewon Kenobi 12 27 - 19 18 5. Yoknapatawpha Jeffe 12 44 - 29 17 6. Morrisville Morrisv 12 22 - 43 13 7. F.C. Hastings 12 12 - 46 6 8. SpearsRocks 12 6 - 61 4
LAST ROUND

Cons Commando - Opiewon Kenob 3 - 0
Maryland Defe - F.C. Hastings 6 - 0
Morrisville M - SpearsRocks 3 - 0
Yoknapatawpha - The Champion 6 - 3

NEXT ROUND

SpearsRocks - Maryland Defect
Opiewon Kenobi - Yoknapatawpha Jeffer
The Champion - Morrisville Morrisvi
Cons Commandos - F.C. Hastings

A big upset this week, as Yoknapatawpha Jefferson beats The Champion. Unfortunately, this upset logically eliminates me from securing 4th place for the season. I would need to win both games, see Opie & YJ tie next week, and lose in the final week, as well as make up a goal differential of 29.

Club News

Supporter's mood jumped another 2 spots to "high on life." Too bad I have a road game next week.

Team confidence jumps another spot to "wonderful." This was where it was at when I got creamed by Maryland, so I'm thinking there may be some overconfidence creeping in at this level.

Here's our injured list.
Earl Frantz - 2 weeks
Matt Atkins - 3 weeks
Kelvin Campbell - 4 weeks
Dan Little - 1 week

Atkins's injury is by far the most damaging. He was the anchor of our midfield, pulling a 3-star rating. Hopefully, our doctors will have Little & Frantz ready for next week's fixture. As we're suddenly hard up for bodies, it's a good thing that we held onto our youth pull, as he'll start during the friendly.

Up Next

Although we have little chance of finishing in the money this season, we can still play the spoiler. Next week we play at The Champion, who appear to have given up for the season, having sold 3 key starters two weeks ago. They're still a tough opponent, however, and with our Walking Wounded they should pose a challenge.

We also have another home international friendly, this time against Polish division V team, KS Brasiliana,
Old 03-02-2003, 10:20 PM   #82
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Earl Frantz - 2 weeks
Speaking of all work and no play makes Crazy Earl... something something... Just make sure you put him in his cage instead of letting him out on the town while he's hurt.

SI

Old 03-06-2003, 09:29 AM   #83
NevStar
High School Varsity

Friendly vs. KS Brasiliana

Our team, decimated by a recent slew of injuries, was just hoping to get through this game without any more players getting hurt. KS Brasiliana is a team from Poland's division V. Our first teams are relatively close in skill, however given our current situation, I don't expect any possibility of a win. I was forced to play some players out of position just to field a starting 11. This included playing backup goalkeeper Ed Negron at wingback. That move went about as well as expected, with Negron making 2 miscues that led to Brasiliana's first scores.

Our offense was pretty pathetic for the whole game, we didn't have a single scoring opportunity. Brasiliana had already pulled back, with a 2-0 lead at the 24th minute, but added two second half goals to make the final 4-0. Gregor Bladin and V.S. Belenguer were carded late in the game.

On the positive side, a crowd of 1633 showed up, which was my highest ever for a friendly. This number was encouraged by good weather (partly cloudy), and a "high on life" supporter mood. Fortunately, mood isn't affected by friendlies, or that'd take a sharp decline.

KS Brasiliana
Left Side Defence: poor
Central Attack: excellent

GK Robby Dudley-Evans **
DR Ed Negron 0
DC James Lund **~
DL Ethan Miller ~
MR Søren Andersen (Towards Middle) *
MC Victoro Sifres Belenguer (Towards Wing) *~
MC Richard Stewart (Def) **~
ML Greger Bladin (Off) *~
FR Spencer Raymond *~
FL Colby Hawkins 0

Club News
3/6/2003 14 new supporters signed up and paid 420 US$ in fees.
3/3/2003 15 new supporters signed up and paid 450 US$ in fees.

Our supporter club is now at 633.

3/6/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 4 208 US$.

Pretty good revenue for a friendly. We're still losing money, though.

3/3/2003 Your organization was downsized by firing specialists. A weeks salary was paid at a total cost of 1 500 US$.

We're at wonderful confidence. To avoid going into overconfidence, we fired our sports shrink.

The team reports that "Crazy" Earl Frantz has refused the treatment of our doctors. There is a bill on my desk from a Guru Lucious Lovesong. Great. Our injury list now looks like this:

Dan Little - bruised
Earl Frantz - 1 week
Matt Atkins - 2 weeks
Kelvin Campbell - 3 weeks

Up Next
TONIGHT!: See no one advance in playmaking for another week! It's Training Results!

FRIDAY!: Watch as I try to prevent my accountants from strangling themselves for another week! It's Economy Update! Huzzah!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:23 AM   #84
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Up Next
TONIGHT!: See no one advance in playmaking for another week! It's Training Results!

FRIDAY!: Watch as I try to prevent my accountants from strangling themselves for another week! It's Economy Update! Huzzah!

That fits my team to a T. Tho, if you want some instant gratification, I've been training stamina the past two weeks to help out the midfield as well and more than half your team bumps when you do that

SI

Old 03-06-2003, 12:18 PM   #85
NevStar
High School Varsity

si,

I know, I trained stamina a couple of weeks ago, with similar results. I've been warned against training stamina for longer than a week at a time, as the form hits are just too severe... Although, since I'm logically eliminated from finishing in the money, I guess it doesn't matter.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:46 PM   #86
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Heard that nastiness, too. I'm waffling and thinkng I should probably say playmaking before the week is done.

I'm in 3rd right now but only goal differential ahead of 4th. He has 2 cake games whereas I have 1 cake game and a virtual unwinnable so I'm conceding 4th and looking to next year. That said, I suppose 2 weeks of stamina followed by general during the offseason will bump most of my players to where I want them.

SI

Old 03-06-2003, 02:52 PM   #87
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Consider doing stamina training in the off-season. It is a good time to do it, since players do not need to play in a match in order to receive the training, and you'll only have friendly matches during the off-season.

Just something to consider.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-06-2003, 09:49 PM   #88
NevStar
High School Varsity

Training results

Despite my predictions of doom & gloom this morning, we have an excellent update, as 3 players had playmaking increases.

* Starting winger Robert Cannon increases from wretched to poor.
* Backup winger Victoro Sifres Belenguer increases from inadequate to passable.
* Most impressively, starting defender and all-around superman Richard Stewart increases from inadequate to passable.

5 increases in form (2 starters)
2 decreases in form (2 starters)

13 increases in value (highest Ed Negron $63,000 (+$10,000))
4 decreases in value (lowest injured Matt Atkins $147,000 (-$41,000))

Midfielder Theodore Vega dropped from solid form, but Dan Little increased to solid, so we still have 2 players in solid form. Keeper Robby Dudley-Evans drops in value for the 3rd straight week, this time with an associated drop in form (to inadequate).

Form dog is backup midfielder Ethan Miller, at poor.

Team Stats

These stats do not include the coach.

Players: 19
Total Value: $1,578,000 (+$1000)
Avg Value: $83,053 (-$4558)

Total Wage: $17,280 (+$520)
Avg Wage: $909 (-$22)

Club News
We'll have another home international friendly next week, this time against English VI squad Ince.

Victoro Sifres Belenguer, with passable ratings in winger/playmaking, makes an excellent offensive winger, and will probably be transfer listed once I'm back to full strength.

I'll also probably make another attempt at selling Richard Stewart, given his playmaking bump. The woes of teams in debt.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:06 PM   #89
NevStar
High School Varsity

Economy Update
Just a boring numbers update.

Cash funds: -269 643 US$ (-276 936) US$
Sponsors: high on life (no change)
Supporter Club: 633 members +29
Supporters: high on life +2

This week
Code:
Revenue Expenses Crowd 44 710 Arena 9 627 Sponsors 34 800 Wages 17 764 Financial 2 200 Interest 13 482 Temporary 870 Temporary 3 500 Staff 25 500 Youth squad 20 000 Total revenue 82 580 Total expenses 89 873
Expected income/loss -7 293

The Club

Youth Squad: inadequate
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week

Goaltending Coaches: 2
Sport Psychologists: 0
Physiotherapists: 3
Doctors: 3

Training

Training Level: 95%
Training Type: Playmaking
Coach: Colby Hawkins
Team Spirit: calm +2
Confidence: wonderful +1

Notes

* We had to increase our doctors & physios this week to avoid another injury plague like this week.

* On Sunday we play The Champion. They're in 3rd place, but seem to have packed it in for the season, having sold their best player. We're now of about the same skill level. We'll be MOTS'ing for strictly financial reasons--we'll win bigger, it'll raise our supporter mood more, thus increasing our fan club quicker, thus ensuring higher attendence for our final home game of the season in 2 weeks. Also, I believe spirit & confidence reset at the end of the season, so there's no reason to build it up & not use it.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #90
NevStar
High School Varsity

Youth Pull

Our youth squad is up to passable. I also make my girlfriend click the "Test Youth Player" button, since I obviously haven't had any luck myself . Let's see how she did:

Willis Flynn (8747043)
19 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is fiery and upright.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 60 000 US$
Wage: 820 US$/week

Playmaking: poor Passing: passable
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Cool! Looks like the Morrisvillians have a new VP in charge of Youth Development. Flynn immediately becomes our #2 defender and will start tonight. His addition also makes the decision to transfer list Richard Stewart much more bearable.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:46 PM   #91
NevStar
High School Varsity

Match
We face The Champion, the 3rd place team in V.93. We have about similar talent, but since we're suffering injury problems & on the road, we're slight underdogs. We will be playing Match of the Season, however.

Morrisvillians defense falters, lose 4-3 to The Champion

Several defensive A last minute flurry of goals was not enough to equalize with the home team Sunday night, as the Morrisvillians fell to a prepared Champion squad, 4 to 3.

The key to game was a series of goals after halftime by new youth pull Chelvendiran Sen (who scored two goals in his debut) and Miguel Alvarado, putting The Champion up by an insurmountable 4-1 lead. Later, Richard Stewart continued his set pieces dominance, kicking home a penalty in the 83rd minute. Alan Felton quickly followed with his second goal of the day, bringing the score to 4-3 and igniting the small group of Morrisvillian devotees who had made the trip to Indiana from North Carolina. The Champion cautiously held for the remainder of regulation, including a controversial 89th minute foul by Lindsey Parrish.

The first half was as well-played, exciting soccer as can be seen in division V.93. The scoring was opened by Edward Anderson for The Champion, but Alan Felton equalized finishing a beautiful cross by Robert Cannon.

"It was certainly an exciting game," said Coach Colby Hawkins. "The Champion have long been one of the elite teams in the division, and we look forward to more competitive games in the seasons to come."

Morrisvillian goals came from Alan Felton(7,8) and Richard Stewart(5).

Final game for Stewart
The Morrisvillian locker room was taken back with the news that standout defender and set pieces specialist Richard Stewart was transfer-listed for the second time immediately before the game began. Although this move was not suprising, as Stewart had been voicing his desire to move to a larger club for several weeks, the fact that Stewart was listed at well below his value did come as a shock to the defender. Stewart, who is currently valued at $396,000 was listed at $300,000. Word came to the locker room after the game that USA division IV club Minnesota Vikings have opened the bidding for Stewart.

"Richard Stewart enjoyed his time at Morrisville, and Richard Stewart wishes them the best of luck in the future. Richard Stewart has only begun his career and many bright things are ahead for Richard Stewart," quoted the cryptic defender. Stewart will leave the Morrisvillians with 5 goals scored, all on set pieces situations, an average match rating of 2.46 (which includes training matches where he played out of position at defensive midfielder, as a defender he averaged 2.79), and unquestionably the most skilled player in the short history of the Morrisvillians. The Morrisvillian front office was unavailable for comment, but it is speculated that Stewart was a casualty of the enormous debt piled up due mainly to recent stadium renovations.

The Champion - Morrisville Morrisvillians

Date: 3/10/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 4593054
Arena: The Champion Arena
Attendence: 18999

Formations
Champion started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Jackson - Landry, Parrish, Rocas - Cortes, Alvarado, Richards, Addison, Beltrán Pedreira - Anderson, Sen.

Morrisvillians tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Dudley-Evans - Lund, Stewart, Flynn - Cannon, Ribelles, Warren, Vega, Sifres Belenguer - Felton, Andersen.

Match Summary
TC: 16: Edward Anderson; 1 - 0
MMFC: xx: Alan Felton(7); 1 - 1
TC: 28: Chelvendiran San; 2 - 1
TC: 54: Chelvendiran San; 3 - 1
TC: 71: Miguel Alvarado; 4 - 1
MMFC: 80: Søren Andersen - yellow
MMFC: 83: Richard Stewart(5) penalty; 4 - 2
MMFC: xx: Alan Felton(8); 4 - 3
TC: 89: Lindsey Parrish - yellow

The most dominating Champion player was without a doubt Miguel Alvarado. Parker Addison on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Morrisvillians player was Richard Stewart. Gabriel Ribelles on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 3

Game Stats
Code:
MMFC TC Goals - 1st half 1 2 2nd half 2 2 Scoring Opps - 1st 2 3 2nd 2 2 Fouls - 1st 0 0 2nd 1 1 Possession % - 1st 53 47 2nd 42 58

The Champion
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: passable

Right Side Defence: excellent

GK: Robby Dudley-Evans **
DR: James Lund (Def) **~
DC: Richard Stewart ***
DL: Willis Flynn (Def) **~
MR: Robert Cannon (Off) **~
MC: George Warren (Def) **
MC: Theodore Vega **~
MC: Gabriel Ribelles *~
ML: Victoro Sifres Belenguer (Off) **
FR: Søren Andersen **
FL: Alan Felton **

Match Analysis
We played well, but not well enough. However, we know we can compete with the upper echelon of the division next year. I've been wavering between the 4-5-1 and the 3-5-2 in recent weeks, but with the goals I've been allowing, I've decided, once all my starters are fully healed to switch to the 4-5-1 for all league matches. Did you hear that HornedFrog Purple?? I'm a 4-5-1 convert!

League

Code:
1. Cons Commandos 13 61 - 18 33 2. Maryland Defect 13 47 - 16 30 3. The Champion 13 52 - 27 28 4. Opiewon Kenobi 13 28 - 20 19 5. Yoknapatawpha Jeffe 13 45 - 30 18 6. Morrisville Morrisv 13 25 - 47 13 7. F.C. Hastings 13 12 - 51 6 8. SpearsRocks 13 6 - 67 4

LAST ROUND

SpearsRocks - Maryland Defe 0 - 6
Opiewon Kenob - Yoknapatawpha 1 - 1
The Champion - Morrisville M 4 - 3
Cons Commando - F.C. Hastings 5 - 0

NEXT ROUND

Morrisville Morrisvillians - Opiewon Kenobi
F.C. Hastings - SpearsRocks
Maryland Defect - The Champion
Yoknapatawpha Jefferson - Cons Commandos

Not much of a mystery surrounding the league champion, as Cons has a huge goal differential. However, they need a win to still have a chance at promotion without a playoff. The game to watch is The Champion at Maryland Defect, with the winner getting the runner-up money. We're stuck in 6th for the season which is a bit of a disappointment, but given the terrible start the previous owners had, it was an impressive turnaround. We're prepared to hit the ground running & compete for the division starting next season.

Club News

Supporter's mood dropped 1 spot to delirious. We should still get a decent turnout to the final league fixture next week vs. Opiewon Kenobi.

Alan Felton is now tied for 7th in the league for top scorer. This is the first time any of my players have showed up on this list.

Here's our injured list.
Earl Frantz - 1 weeks
Matt Atkins - 1 weeks
Kelvin Campbell - 3 weeks
Dan Little - bruised

Up Next

the AS (After Stewart) era begins. First, we face English team Ince in a home international friendly.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #92
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you hear that HornedFrog Purple?? I'm a 4-5-1 convert!

All of you heathens are making me want to run the run-and-shoot. And I played defensive winger and sweeper when I played soccer!?!

SI

Old 03-09-2003, 11:12 PM   #93
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Is it just me, or is Richard Stewart starting to sound a bit like Qwikshot Dangers?

Those are some healthy team ratings your guys are putting up, NevStar. It looks like you guys should be contenders next season. Keep up the good work.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-12-2003, 09:49 AM   #94
NevStar
High School Varsity

Just a quick update to announce a very belated thanks to our 4th supporter: Eilim, owner of the Bulldogs in V.1, and possessor of a much cooler logo than me. Thanks!

With the prospective funds to be brought in by the Richard Stewart transfer, we can once again peruse the transfer markets. With my next update, you'll all see I got a little carried away, once again.

Incidentally, my former VP in charge of youth development has split off & created her own team. If anyone is still in need of a friendly for tonight, please challenge the New Jersey Wannabees (71024). Thanks!
Old 03-12-2003, 03:17 PM   #95
NevStar
High School Varsity

Going Out

There are 3 teams that have bid on Richard Stewart. With 2 1/2 hours remaining, the top bid is by Minnesota Vikings for $334,000. Hopefully, there'll be a nice little bidding war at the deadline.

Richard Stewart (7871734)
20 years, passable form, healthy

A popular guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 396 000 US$
Wage: 2 040 US$/week

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: wretched
Winger: inadequate Defending: solid
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: solid

Coming In

With the sudden influx of cash, I've been able to peruse the transfer market for the first time in weeks. With the decision to run the 4-5-1, I've been able to form a plan for the future. I'll be training defense next year, and need a good, young group of trainees. Without further adieu:

New 'Villians
Wow, I haven't used that title in a while.

Bogdan Kozuchowski (8721188)
18 years, passable form, healthy

A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: Canada
Assessed value: 52 000 US$
Wage: 912 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: passable

We paid $31,000 for Kozuchowski's services. Although it scares me to have another Unpredictable defender, he was one of the cheapest available. We have no delusions that he'll make the fans forget Stewart, but he will be slotted to start.

Boguslaw Kardynal (7420416)
25 years, weak form, healthy

A nasty fellow who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Polska
Assessed value: 46 000 US$
Wage: 888 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: solid

Kardynal cost a mere $2001 on the market. Known to be a clubhouse cancer for his entire career, things don't change with his most recent transfer, causing a large drop to my team spirit. Since he is tied for the team lead in leadership, he may be serving the undesirable role of "reverse clown" for my team. If I can't find a solid leadership player, he'll likely be daytraded.

Henrik Brandquist (8721231)

A nasty fellow who is balanced and infamous.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Sverige
Assessed value: 26 000 US$
Wage: 744 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: wretched
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

To be honest, I don't remember ever bidding for him. Nevertheless, he'll be a serviceable defensive/playmaking trainee. We paid $2000.

Uriel Poudrier (8732679)

A sympathetic guy who is tranquil and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: Canada
Assessed value: 19 000 US$
Wage: 696 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor

Hehe, Uriel. Yet another defensive trainee. We overbid a bit (eBay syndrome) and paid $5000.

Club News

All of a sudden we have 25 players! Last week at this time, I was struggling to field a full squad for the friendly game. The new Morrisvillians will get their first action tonight in an international friendly vs. an English club, Ince.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:34 PM   #96
NevStar
High School Varsity

Once again, DataKing has figured out the optimal way to format match reports. All hail DK!

Friendly: vs Ince

1466 spectators arrived at Morrisville Morrisvillians Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football.

Morrisvillians had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. Lineup: Negron - Little, Kardynal, Raymond, Miller - Brandquist, Minton, Kozuchowski, Poudrier, Bladin - Andersen.

Ince started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mosskvist - Austin, Dean, Parsons, Summers - Drysdale, Allen, Goodrich, Walton - Atkinson, Shaw.

First Half
Fine winger Henrik Brandquist made one of his many passes from the wing into the middle in the 3rd minute. Søren Andersen went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for 1 - 0.

In the 7:th minute Morrisvillians put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Søren Andersen coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home.

A well placed corner kick from Boguslaw Kardynal was followed by Søren Andersen´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant 3-0 for Morrisvillians. At that, Søren Andersen was noted down for a hat trick. After this Morrisvillians lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Søren Andersen almost managed to score another goal for Morrisvillians, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. In the 42nd minute Morrisvillians´s Uriel Poudrier tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net.

Greger Bladin of Morrisvillians received a yellow card in the 44:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Half Time

3 - 0 was the half-time score. Morrisvillians, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

Second Half

Ince managed to reduce a bit later to 3 - 1 as Nicky Parsons finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box.

The referee showed Morrisvillianss Ethan Miller the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Greger Bladin was doing a great job at his wing, sending in brilliant passes to his team mates in the middle. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 57 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Morrisvillians. However, Bengt Mosskvist made a spectacular save.

End of game

Ince held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Morrisvillians player was without a doubt Dan Little. However, Spencer Raymond made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Ince player was without a doubt Bengt Mosskvist. However, Paul Austin made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 1. The match ends 3 - 1.

Ince
Right Side Attack: inadequate

GK: Ed Negron *~
DR: Dan Little (defensive) **
DC: Spencer Raymond ~
DC: Boguslaw Kardynal *~
DL: Ethan Miller ~
MR: Henrik Brandquist (towards middle) *~
MC: Buster Minton *~
MC: Bogdan Kozuchowski (defensive) **
MC: Uriel Poudrier *~
ML: Greger Bladin **
FC: Søren Andersen **

Analysis

Looking at the match ratings, it was suprising how badly we beat them, as we were outplayed for most of the match. Søren Andersen records the first hat trick in Morrisvillian history. Congrats are in order for the Dane!

I was particularly impressed with Greger Bladin's play on the wing; he has never gotten higher than *~ before. He may be a decent wingback yet.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:20 PM   #97
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Søren Andersen records the first hat trick in Morrisvillian history

Woo! Ex-Hippo and just in time for his "Where are the now" segment tomorrow.

SI

Old 03-12-2003, 11:24 PM   #98
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by NevStar
Once again, DataKing has figured out the optimal way to format match reports. All hail DK!

Until somebody else comes up with something better, that is.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-13-2003, 11:35 AM   #99
NevStar
High School Varsity

Stewart bound for Sweden

MORRISVILLE - Former Morrisvillian Richard Stewart will be playing in the Hattrick capital of the world. The Swedish division V team, FAIK paid a total of $404,000 US for the rights to Stewart, of which $371,680 found its way into Morrisville's coffers.

"Although Richard Stewart enjoyed his time in the small North Carolina town of Morrisville, Richard Stewart is capable of much more. Richard Stewart will take the strongest hattrick country by storm. My entire career is ahead of me, er, I mean, Richard Stewart's career is ahead of Richard Stewart!" was the statement given by Stewart in a press conference announcing the sale.

"Of course we're upset to see him go," said coach Colby Hawkins, "He was a great player and will not be easy to replace. Unfortunately, we simply couldn't afford to keep a player of his caliber here. I wish him well in all his endeavors."

The Morrisvillians have been very active in the transfer market lately, bringing in 4 young defenders, all expected to compete for Stewart's vacated central defender starting spot. The current front-runner for this spot is 18 year old Canadian Bogdan Kozuchowski.

Stewart, a set pieces specialist, totaled 5 goals in 8 league matches for the Morrisvillians, despite typically playing in the backfield. This was good for 2nd on the all-time goal scorers list, behind Alan Felton with 8.

--
(edit) We'd also like to thank our latest supporter, Doug5984. All we had to do was bribe him by hosting his team's logo. Thanks Doug, you have your choice of VIP lounges. Maid service is on Monday and Thursday; Crazy Earl hosts some sort of New Age group ritual on Tuesday nights, so I'd suggest you vacate by then.

Last edited by NevStar : 03-13-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:54 PM   #100
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Until somebody else comes up with something better, that is.

Well, I know it's not me. I just get my stuff from you guys.

Shame you only got $400K for Stewart. Not that I would complain if I got $400K but I think earlier in the season you would have gotten significantly more.

SI