Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #51
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I gots me some nice Louisiana tires on my car! Boy howdy, if I have to drive in the mess that'll be out this weekend, I might be drifting in the Monongahela by Sunday! Yeeehaw!

Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #52
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You getting tired of that Y'inz thing the locals say? As in, Y'inz guyz want to go to the store?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #53
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
You getting tired of that Y'inz thing the locals say? As in, Y'inz guyz want to go to the store?

Fortunately, I haven't had enough contact with the locals to have heard that yet. Of course, I'll be listening for it from now on. GEE, THANKS A LOT.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #54
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Hot bloody shit, I just went out to pick up some Chinese food. The place is about two miles away from my house. The round trip (not counting my time in the restaurant) was about 20 minutes. I only skidded about five times, and that's just counting the skids in the car. I skidded several more times while I was on my feet. We've had about two inches of snowfall in the past hour. When I got back home, I asked my wife to come outside and see the fun. I made a snowball and nailed my wife for the first time ever.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Hot bloody shit, I just went out to pick up some Chinese food. The place is about two miles away from my house. The round trip (not counting my time in the restaurant) was about 20 minutes. I only skidded about five times, and that's just counting the skids in the car. I skidded several more times while I was on my feet. We've had about two inches of snowfall in the past hour. When I got back home, I asked my wife to come outside and see the fun. I made a snowball and nailed my wife for the first time ever.

Kathy had never seen real snow until she moved with me to New Jersey after we first got married. I still remember how much fun it was to nail her with that first snowball
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #56
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew

Heh, my fiancee' says that's what her family from backwoods Tennessee always says, kinda like our "Y'all". I'm gonna meet several of them this Christmas, so she's trying to get me prepared...

In regards to the weather, no precipitation today but supposed to get down to around 14 degrees tonight...the coldest it's been here in ten years or so.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #57
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Well, that 35-minute drive only took 2 hours last night, one hour this morning. Better than ice.

I also finally broke down and purchased a snow thrower. I'd done my research on which one I wanted last year, but decided not to buy one until we got enough snow to make it worthwhile. In Kansas City I'll only need to use it a handful of times a year, but with my surgically repaired knee from the the time I fell shoveling snow two years ago, I think it's a wise investment. We had 10.5 inches at my house and I cleared the driveway in 45 minutes without breaking a sweat. Sweet.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:06 PM   #58
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chicago got some snow today - 2:45 minute drive home (leaving at 7PM) for a drive that is 40 minutes with no traffic, usually about 1:15 leaving at 5PM. Ugh.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #59
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Chicago got some snow today - 2:45 minute drive home (leaving at 7PM) for a drive that is 40 minutes with no traffic, usually about 1:15 leaving at 5PM. Ugh.

I guess that you were one of the many sitting still on the freeway when I drove past... it also took me a little longer to get home from work, about 90 minutes to travel down Milwaukee/Western to Addison.

Another things that bites is that the asphalt plants will be closing for sure now... so much for that parking lot!!
Old 12-08-2005, 11:38 PM   #60
hoopsguy
General Manager

Actually, I was heading from Deerfield to Hanover Park, so I wasn't on any of the big expressways. Most of the trip was spent traveling less than 10mph, with a top speed of 30mph until I hit the Elgin/O'Hare near the end. I heard that the Ike was insane and it was 4 hours into the city from Deerfield to Lincoln Park.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #61
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So my inlaws visited this weekend and my father in law brought me a snow thrower he bought off some dude. Guy had moved from Michigan to NE TN and probably hadn't used it in 10 years. All I can say is how the hell did I ever live without one. We got close to a foot of snow Fri night and this thing just destroyed all the snow in about 30 mins.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote