Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 AM   #51
bbor
Pro Starter

Was that dance scene taken from a bugs bunny.I remember a similar scene with bugs.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.

bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #52
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's a shame...I was one of those who wanted his show back so badly, and now that it's back, I hardly watch it anymore. The quality really took a dive and I haven't watched since maybe 3 or 4 episodes into this season. I didn't even realize new episodes were still running for this season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-29-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #53
Galaril
Pro Starter

I disagree the quality is still there but I will agree that they have done a poor job of avertising the show and when new episodes are coming on. I guess that is ,IMHO, Fox's conservative corporate heads sticking it to the shows creator for ripping on the Republicans every week.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #54
Ksyrup

Maybe the joke has run its course, then, because I've seen bits and pieces of funny stuff but nothing as consistently good as the pre-cancellation material. And I don't watch Fox or commercials enough to see ads, so that's not really the problem. The problem is that the show has essentially left my consciousness. And it took the Simpsons until last year to do that, and now I don't watch either of them anymore.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The show may also be suffering from a bit of audience burnout, ironically caused by the success it had on Cartoon Network and on DVD, which led to its return to the production in the first place.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #56
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It's a shame...I was one of those who wanted his show back so badly, and now that it's back, I hardly watch it anymore. The quality really took a dive and I haven't watched since maybe 3 or 4 episodes into this season. I didn't even realize new episodes were still running for this season.

While I never was a huge fan of Family Guy pre-cancellation, I did like the show. But I agree that the quality is less after it came back, and after that skewering administered by South Park (Cartoon Wars, 1 & 2), I can't watch Family Guy the same way ever again.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #57
RedKingGold
College Starter

Wow. I had no idea there was a new episode on last night. It really does appear that Fox is trying to kill everything on on Sunday night (including the Simpsons)
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #58
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The show may also be suffering from a bit of audience burnout, ironically caused by the success it had on Cartoon Network and on DVD, which led to its return to the production in the first place.

Yep.

I was so excited that it came out on DVD, but that was followed by the Cartoon Network showings (or maybe they came first, but I didn't know it?), so after watching the DVDs and then seeing all of the same episodes repeatedly on CN, I probably didn't even need to buy the DVDs. Still, when the show came back I was excited, but I've found it hasn't lived up to the hype I had built up for it.

It's definitely a catch-22, because if the show hadn't found CN and been reborn, and all I had were the DVDs, I'd be bitching for the show to return.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #59
Warhammer
Pro Starter

The heck of it is that the first 4 or 5 shows after it returned were absolutely great. After that the quality dived and it became very hit or miss.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #60
Easy Mac

from what i heard, fox didn't get around to renegotiating contracts before the season, so the creative team was barred from creating new episodes after about the first 10, so FOX has been spacing out the new episodes. It got resolved some time last month, so there should be new episodes coming out more frequently in the next month or so.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #61
[email protected]
n00b

last night's episode was the best one of the year. easily.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #62
Easy Mac

Stewie: you'll wind up in a dumpster with a bunch of slow, unadoptable greyhounds.

brian: don't joke about that, that's like the holocaust to us.

Stewie: yeah, well, when greyhounds all start running the New York Times and the World Bank I'll be more inclined to believe you.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
The heck of it is that the first 4 or 5 shows after it returned were absolutely great. After that the quality dived and it became very hit or miss.

I agree, but I still watch every new episode. I liked Sunday Night's episode.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 AM   #64
miked
College Starter

I still like the Simpsons and Family Guy, I saw it advertised, and regardless of the politics, if the show keeps people watching it will get pushed. I think it's a silly thought that Fox is trying to submarine two shows which generate a good amount of revenue because they make fun of republicans every now and again. I think they make fun of politics in general, as I've seen quite a few digs on Clinton and such.

It is what it is, 20 minutes of entertainment. There are very few shows on TV that I'm entertained the entire episode, so why should this be different?
Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #65
Galaxy
Coordinator

So they killed off Brian...
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #66
korme
Go Reds

There's no way it lasts. Stewie will make a time machine and rescue him.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #67
molson
General Manager

I've seen it pointed out that Brian appears in the title of two upcoming Family Guy Episodes, "Brian the Closer", and "Brain's a Bad Father", and Wikipedia says "An unnamed episode will guest star Maya Rudolph as a runner whom Brian falls for and Glenn Howerton as the publisher of a children's book written by Joe. The episode is slated to air in the fall of 2014."

So, maybe he'll just show up next episode like nothing happened.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #68
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I've seen it pointed out that Brian appears in the title of two upcoming Family Guy Episodes, "Brian the Closer", and "Brain's a Bad Father", and Wikipedia says "An unnamed episode will guest star Maya Rudolph as a runner whom Brian falls for and Glenn Howerton as the publisher of a children's book written by Joe. The episode is slated to air in the fall of 2014."

So, maybe he'll just show up next episode like nothing happened.

It's kind of the beauty of cartoons. He can be brought back in flashbacks anytime they want. DEATH can bring him back if he so chooses. The time machine can be rebuilt at some point. Or the new dog might be a hit, Brian will be in a few episodes and fade on out. If the new dog bombs, they have one hundred outs and don't have to worry about a new contract for the voice.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #69
korme
Go Reds

In a way, the new dog seems to have too much of a personality. Or too gimmicky, which is why I think he's only temporary.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #70
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm not mistaken, one of Brian's last lines was "Thanks for a wonderful life" or some such thing. I'm guessing they'll do an It's a Wonderful Life take-off.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #71
Subby
lolzcat

Even if he is gone, I thought that scene was really touching.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #72
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So who predicted that this show would last for more than 15 years?

(I feel old)
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote