Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #51
Rizon
Pro Starter

California:
Last night it was $3.06/g for premium. I haven't seen it today. $2.80 is a "normal" price around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Last edited by Rizon : 08-31-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #52
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Apparently, at least according to NC governor Easley, the mess in NO is particularly impactful on the southeast. He released a statement saying so today:

Raleigh - THE TWO MAJOR PIPELINES THAT FURNISH GASOLINE TO MANY STATES, INCLUDING NORTH CAROLINA, HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY HURRICANE KATRINA AND ARE CURRENTLY WITHOUT ELECTRICITY. THEY SERVICE NORTH CAROLINA AND 8-10 OTHER STATES.

90 PERCENT OF OUR GAS COMES FROM THESE PIPELINES AND RIGHT NOW THEY ARE NOT OPERATIONAL.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #53
Recoil
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Tate actually, a couple of houses north of Cool Springs Baptist Church.
(family has moved maybe 3 miles away since then, over near the bypass)

PHS Class of '84.

And how wild that I never knew that's where you were until now.

Ah, Tate. That's so crazy. I went to Cool Springs a few times with a friend when I was younger.

You're even an alumni of my high school. Haha. That's great.

Jasper is kind of a lame place to grow up, though. I think the small town politics get worse each year. I'm assuming you know of jaspersucks.com?

Last edited by Recoil : 08-31-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #54
Jets80
High School Varsity

Im sure here in NC there will be a few good ol' boys busting out the hoses and hitting the midnight gas station.....

Damn I wish I had a lock on my gas tank...Jeep's don't.
Jets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:01 PM   #55
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets80
Im sure here in NC there will be a few good ol' boys busting out the hoses and hitting the midnight gas station.....

Damn I wish I had a lock on my gas tank...Jeep's don't.
You should be able to buy a locking gas cap.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:05 PM   #56
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Around me in Atlanta, it's around $2.75 (with LINES at the gas stations). But CBS News showed some areas in Atlanta where it is around $6/gal (premium being over the $6 mark)!!

It's not totally unwarrented, though. When a bunch of refinaries are closed and pipelines from the Gulf Coast are closed, you are going have a spike, because of the less supply.
It's completely unwarranted. The gas those stations are selling at $6 a gallon cost them something like $2.50 a gallon -- they are selling it at a mark up of more than 100 percent.

As noted later, this type of pricing is apparently illegal in George, as it is in Missouri. We had a similar case following 9/11 where in the afternoon a bunch of station's starting selling gas at $5 a gallon.

Wholesale prices that the gas stations are paying have gone up, but here in the Midwest they are still under $2.50 a gallon for regular unleaded, and I expect most of the country isn't much higher. Anyone selling for $6 is gouging and breaking the law.

I'm sure there argument is going to be that they were going to run out of gas if they raised the price. Then you run out of gas. If I go to the grocery store and they only have 10 gallons of milk left and the next delivery doesn't come for another day or two, they're not going to sell the last 10 jugs of milk at $6 a gallon. Unless they are nothing more than pond scum.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:07 PM   #57
ScottVib
High School Varsity

$2.99 a gallon at the "cheap" place near me.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM   #58
Izulde
Head Coach

Back home in Racine, WI, price is up to 3.19 at one place, 3.29 in another. And it was 2.75 last I knew.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM   #59
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil
Jasper is kind of a lame place to grow up, though. I think the small town politics get worse each year. I'm assuming you know of jaspersucks.com?

Yep. I even think I recognize certain people posting there at times (I graduated a year ahead of Jeff Carter who I believe is/was a frequent contributor).

Although I'd probably argue that it appears to be much better now than it was when I was there. Or at the very least, a lot closer to being civilization than it used to be "back in the day"
Old 08-31-2005, 09:16 PM   #60
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Could you see telecommuting, changes in the traditional 5 day/40 hr work week, minor shifts in shopping patterns? Yeah, I'll buy any of those as possibilities at certain price levels for gas. But car pooling on a massive scale? You'd see the economy collapse before that'll ever happen.

Fair enough. I think we're getting very close to a price where people will start making changes, though those changes may not include carpooling on a large scale.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:16 PM   #61
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I've seen gas prices all over the place here in WI.. everywhere from 2.79 to 3.29...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #62
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
It's completely unwarranted. The gas those stations are selling at $6 a gallon cost them something like $2.50 a gallon -- they are selling it at a mark up of more than 100 percent.

So... how is $2.75 a gallon completely unwarrented then?

(the OP was complaining about prices spiking to $3, saying it was unwarrented, not $6... that was just me saying what I saw on TV)

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 08-31-2005 at 09:19 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #63
miami_fan
Coordinator

Anywhere from 2.79 to 2.99 in Panama City
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #64
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Drove to work, the one station I usually fill up at was 2.89.

Got home from work, it was 3.38.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:18 PM   #65
Jets80
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Fair enough. I think we're getting very close to a price where people will start making changes, though those changes may not include carpooling on a large scale.

People will change what they drive before they change how they drive.
Jets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:24 PM   #66
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Frankly, it sucks, and I wish the bloody federal government would reverse the colossal mistake that was made when the oil companies were allowed to merge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Do you think it would be better if the Govt regulated the oil industry (they might now, I really have no idea).

I don't believe in the government regulating gas prices. Nor do I think the government should be breaking up oil companies or not allowing them to merge (unless it's an obvious antitrust violation). This is certainly an area where the free market has to be allowed to work.

However, some facts:

1. Over the past couple of years, oil companies have posted big profits. Just go to Yahoo Finance and look at their quarterly statements for the proof.

2. George W. Bush & his family are perhaps the best-connected family in the U.S. to international oil companies through their own endeavors in the oil industry, and that of their friends and associates.

If there was a President who could convince the oil companies to eschew some profits for temporary gas price relief, it'd be George Bush. If there was a President who could work proactively with the oil industry to develop real solutions for the future, it would be George Bush.

But gas is going over $3/gallon, and besides drilling in ANWR, I don't see any interesting proposals on the table. Why is that?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM   #67
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't believe in the government regulating gas prices. Nor do I think the government should be breaking up oil companies or not allowing them to merge (unless it's an obvious antitrust violation). This is certainly an area where the free market has to be allowed to work.

However, some facts:

1. Over the past couple of years, oil companies have posted big profits. Just go to Yahoo Finance and look at their quarterly statements for the proof.

2. George W. Bush & his family are perhaps the best-connected family in the U.S. to international oil companies through their own endeavors in the oil industry, and that of their friends and associates.

If there was a President who could convince the oil companies to eschew some profits for temporary gas price relief, it'd be George Bush. If there was a President who could work proactively with the oil industry to develop real solutions for the future, it would be George Bush.

But gas is going over $3/gallon, and besides drilling in ANWR, I don't see any interesting proposals on the table. Why is that?

1. Look at where the profits are (hint, it's not in refining but in leases)

2. Oil, gas and petroleum products seem to be desireable by everyone. I'd rather have an administration that respects that industry than one that tries to shut it down.

3. re: Proposal. Way too much red tape in place to get approvals for any major projects. It will take 10 years before a refinery could get built in certain (many?) parts of the country. We reap what we sow.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:20 PM   #68
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

However, some facts:

Because George Bush likes to start wars and create hurricanes in order to line his pockets with the hard earned money of people like you and me?

What do I win? A tofuburger?

BTW, gas was $2.79 at the Shell when I filled up last night. $2.82 tonight when I drove by.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:23 PM   #69
FBPro
College Starter

$2.79 for unleaded
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #70
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

However, some facts:

I wasn't going to point fingers at any particular politician, but since you started it, I'll finish.

This is Bill Clinton's fault. Plain and simple. Americans enjoyed the lowest gas prices in history (inflation adjusted) from about the middle of his first term onward - why? Because he let the gas companies merge again.

There was a good reason why Standard Oil was broken up, and Clinton ignored this to further his political career. Now we're paying for it. And don't get me started on the false accounting mess that was created on his watch...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #71
Galaril
Pro Starter

I heard that a gas price cap is not going to happen and would be the wrong way to go.
I am wondering if the prices soar to a nation-wide average price of over $4.00 would this be a good stop gap to slow the price? I don't know just asking. I remember after 9-11 the stock markets were closed in New York for obvious reasons but elsewhere in the states to let the market stabilize.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:49 PM   #72
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I heard that a gas price cap is not going to happen and would be the wrong way to go.
I am wondering if the prices soar to a nation-wide average price of over $4.00 would this be a good stop gap to slow the price?
Would a cut in production help things? If you restrict the ability of people to make money from a commodity - fewer people want to make it in large scale.

Quote:
I don't know just asking. I remember after 9-11 the stock markets were closed in New York for obvious reasons but elsewhere in the states to let the market stabilize.
I think it's a good idea for local states to start going after obvious price gouging, but I don't think caps will help. BTW, Hawaii's already trying this:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/cons...i_gas_cap.html

Quote:
August 25, 2005 — Hawaii will begin enforcing a cap on the wholesale price of gasoline next week, hoping to curb the sting of the nation's highest gas costs.
Who wants to bet that over next couple months we'll suddenly be hearing a lot about shortages in supply for Hawaii?

Again, the problem comes down to refineries - and there's no short term fix right now. As others have said, it takes a decade to get one approved and this is the system we've setup for ourselves. And don't anyone give you garbage about using the strategic reserve - that won't help one bit as "refined oil" is the problem, not sheer crude oil.

Hopefully, this oil crisis makes people in Washington take a long hard look at all the red tape we've setup for oil refining and help us better cope from a production standpoint when a disaster like this happens.

To me, the system for oil production and refining in this company is the Phoenix road system in the 70s and 80s. The locals felt if they didn't build anything more than 2-lanes roads going north out of Phoenix, no one would want to live there. Yet, all that ended up coming out of that logic was massive traffic jams.

Last edited by Arles : 08-31-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:50 PM   #73
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, enlighten me then folks.. What has George Bush, a man who supporters say knows the oil industry well, done to help the nation avoid oil-related problems. He's been in office for 5 years now, surely he's done something.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 08-31-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #74
Craptacular
College Starter

$3.00 to $3.30 for regular in Madison area today. I last filled up yesterday for $2.69.

I'm not sure what other restrictions there are, but Wisconsin law does not allow a retailer to change the price of gas more than once in a 24-hr period. They tried to come down hard on offenders after 9/11, but I don't recall them issuing as many fines as they should have.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #75
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
OK, enlighten me then folks.. What has George Bush, a man who supporters say knows the oil industry well, done to help the nation avoid oil-related problems. He's been in office for 5 years now, surely he's done something.
Well, he's tried to improve domestic production and remove some of the red tape in producing refineries in his energy plan. You know, the one that still hasn't passed the Senate because of democratic opposition?

Now, the republicans haven't been as hard on oil production either because they are terrified that it makes them look like they are in the pocket of "big oil", so they've let many of the problems fester and deserve some of the blame as well.

People need to start realizing that while investing and doing research/tax breaks for alt fuels is a great thing (both Clinton and Bush have spent a ton here), the practical solutions are decades away. So, in the interim, we can't just say we will "conserve" away all our oil problems. There has to be an effort put into domestic production and refining to get us to the year 2025 or whenever the practical alt-fuels solutions are ready.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:58 PM   #76
st.cronin
General Manager

Santa Fe was at 2.69 until Katrina. Yesterday it was 2.99, today 3.09.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:03 PM   #77
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

flere, go read up on the regulations imposed on the industry in terms of exploratory drilling, crude oil drilling and production, pipeline transportation, refineries, storage, gasoline pump stations, etc. etc. These all have been in place before the "oil man" got to office and it all takes an act of Congress to change (which they have been reluctant to do).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:07 PM   #78
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Bucc and Arles, that's crap and you know it.

We're talking about BusHitler here. He doesn't need the approval of Congress. He just snaps his finger and *poof!*, it is so.

Besides, even if he DOES need Congress, he has Karl Rove and his Mind-Control Ray to take care of the pesky opposition.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 PM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here in Laramie, Premium Unleaded is just over $3.00, Regular unleaded was over $2.80.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #80
JeeberD
General Manager

Lewisville, TX (one of the cheapest gas spots in DFW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD from Katrina thread
I meant to fill up before I went to work Monday morning but forgot. Gas was at $2.50 at that point. When I got off of work eight hours later I filled up (luckily I was only down a 1/4 tank) at $2.53. Yesterday gas was up to $2.65. A couple of hours ago it was up to $2.79.

I'm really glad that I have a very short drive to work and that my car gets good mileage...

It was up to $2.89 by 6:30 this evening...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:12 AM   #81
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
That's sort of a sad statement, even accounting for the increase in gas prices.
All depends on your number of material posessions. Some of us just got out of (or are still in) school and aren't rolling in money. The $75 a month Bucc was mentioning is a lot for some people. It's not likely to be "food or gas" if you have the internet and are posting on a message board, but there are a lot of things you could substitute for X in the equation of "X or gas". Heck, how about internet for a couple of months or that trip? Or maybe a couple of books or a video game that you've really wanted for a while that would give you many more hours of enjoyment than the trip?

For instance, we've already cancelled our trip to the Royals game Saturday (we = myself, wife, friend). Our tickets are of the $7 variety and it's going to cost more than that each of the three people going just for gas since it's about an hour and a half to the stadium. Then parking, food (granted it's buck night), and anything else, it's just not worth it- might as well eat the tickets than have to pay a bunch more for gas and then worry about not being able to fill up because every idiot out there thinks they need to do it or they'll die.

I'm just glad I filled up on Sunday. I was waiting until after the Labor Day spike since I don't need to fill up that often as Lawrence is a small city. Guess I'm glad I did and won't have to until October, hopefully.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-01-2005 at 12:15 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #82
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
Because George Bush likes to start wars and create hurricanes in order to line his pockets with the hard earned money of people like you and me?

What do I win? A tofuburger?

BTW, gas was $2.79 at the Shell when I filled up last night. $2.82 tonight when I drove by.
This is meant tongue in cheek. Please, I do not want anyone to be offended...

Bush may start the wars, but he is unable to create hurricanes.

Hurricanes are either the result of God being pissed at Florida for 2000, or Bush asking God to do this sort of thing to increase oil profits in their daily chats where God speaks directly to him.

Remember: God listens to Bush because he hates liberal scum, democrats, and anyone opposing George W. Bush too.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #83
korme
Go Reds

$3.09 tonight, all I had in my pocket was $6.69, got two gallons in. Ugh.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #84
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
I think it's a good idea for local states to start going after obvious price gouging, but I don't think caps will help.

Just to add, Hawaii did file an antitrust lawsuit against the oil companies in 1999 for what they said was collusion among to companies to keep prices high in Hawaii. The state couldn't prove collusion and it was settled out of court.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #85
Loren
High School JV

last nite the highest here was 2.56..today it was at 2.99 for reg unleaded thats thEEEE highest ive ever EVER seen gas down here. Im ever soo glad we ran out sunday nite to fill up when it was still 2.31..Cringe was shocked it had gone up that high last nite, said it hadnt changed that drastically where he was in the midwest yet..guess it hit more there TODAY, but we ARE by the gulf....im SOO glad i drive a van
Old 09-01-2005, 04:13 AM   #86
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I saw $3.19 and $3.15 on my way into work this morning in ATL.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #87
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
Well, he's tried to improve domestic production and remove some of the red tape in producing refineries in his energy plan. You know, the one that still hasn't passed the Senate because of democratic opposition?

Now, the republicans haven't been as hard on oil production either because they are terrified that it makes them look like they are in the pocket of "big oil", so they've let many of the problems fester and deserve some of the blame as well.

People need to start realizing that while investing and doing research/tax breaks for alt fuels is a great thing (both Clinton and Bush have spent a ton here), the practical solutions are decades away. So, in the interim, we can't just say we will "conserve" away all our oil problems. There has to be an effort put into domestic production and refining to get us to the year 2025 or whenever the practical alt-fuels solutions are ready.
Umm sweetie - the energy bill was signed into law on August 8 and was effective on August 10. I know you've been working 24/7 on BBCF so I think we'll all cut you some slack on that one.

Here's a link to the conference report from the Joint Committee on Taxation. If anyone wants to argue that it's just a big giveaway to oil companies, I'll be more than happy to discuss why accelerated depreciation and other provisions of the bill are not giveaways...Which means we'll discuss tax theory, and that will be much fun.

For me anyway

Last edited by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn : 09-01-2005 at 05:27 AM.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:43 AM   #88
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Dola - There hasn't been a refinery built in this country since the 70's. Capacity to refine crude oil into gasoline has stayed the same, while the demand for gas has increased. Without subsidies or price controls, that's going to cause anything to increase in price.

Two years ago Arizona went through a gas shortage. We get our gas from two pipelines. One from California, one from Texas. The line from Texas ruptured and was shut down for a few weeks. During that time the California line was knocked out for a few days due to monsoon damage. Gas prices skyrocketed, and there were shortages. I remember sending Arlie to the gas station in the middle of the night, to be first in line when the gas was delivered. He loves me so of course he went.

After that incedent, an investment group formed to begin the process of building a refinery in Arizona. The refinery was planned for Yuma, AZ. A Mohave desert city on the border with California, whose economy revolves around an Air Force base and the agricultural industry (think low paying field workers) .The refinery would take advantage of the crude oil supplied from South America.

This investment group just finished the process of obtaining all the necessary permits and permissions to build the plant. As of June 30, they've spent $30 Million. Yes, that's MILLIONS of dollars before a shovel was even put in the ground to build the plant. (link for source)

Support from the community has been mixed - many folks are of the NIMBY mindset while others welcome the higher paying jobs that will be offered. Environmental groups are doing everything they can to stop the project. But most Arizonan's agree - the state needs its own refinery.

So why would a company, any company want to build a refinery in this country without some sort of incentive?

Last edited by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn : 09-01-2005 at 05:45 AM.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:46 AM   #89
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Umm sweetie - the energy bill was signed into law on August 8 and was effective on August 10. I know you've been working 24/7 on BBCF so I think we'll all cut you some slack on that one.

Here's a link to the conference report from the Joint Committee on Taxation. If anyone wants to argue that it's just a big giveaway to oil companies, I'll be more than happy to discuss why accelerated depreciation and other provisions of the bill are not giveaways...Which means we'll discuss tax theory, and that will be much fun.

For me anyway

Ugh....I don't want to read, it's too early in the morning.

And Arlie...you just got pwned! And by the wife. Farrah, please don't post any refutable information in my future posts. I don't want to be pwned by a preggie with sleep disorders. It will place a huge dent into my ego.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #90
Raiders Army
Coordinator

$2.55 still here on the military reservation in New York.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:24 AM   #91
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

$2.89 for Regular here on the way back from work yesterday evening.

$3.15 on the way to work this morning at the same gas station.

The higher the prices to get, the more I am expecting some hot woman to come out and blow me for a full tank of gas because I am paying so damn much.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #92
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Here in Tallahassee, things seem to vary by company. Most gas stations are in the $2.61-2.69 range, with a 76 at $2.59 and right across the street a Chevron at $2.74, the lowest and highest prices I've seen (not counting right off of I-10). At I-10, prices are a bit higher, but the Chevron there is at $3.09.

Clearly, the supply for each company is affecting each one differently. I suspect they'll all eventually creep up into the $3.00+ range, but right now, Chevron appears to have the lowest supply here.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:34 AM   #93
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Surprised there hasn't been an outbreak of people cyphening gas to save money, and getting caught for it.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #94
Philliesfan980
Banned

Just paid $2.95 a gallon for premium which was the cheapest by far in my immediate area.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 AM   #95
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets80
Blackadar....what part of the city you in. I live on North Charlotte @ Harris and 77. The 2 stations by me are now out of gas.

Near Concord. All the stations were out of gas this morning.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:05 AM   #96
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

What is that site that shows the cheapest gas in a specific area? I dont feel like searching, I'm lazy.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:06 AM   #97
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Last night: Got gas at $3.39 a gallon. Several local gas stations were either closed or at $3.99. This morning, it is $3.09.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #98
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I wasn't going to point fingers at any particular politician, but since you started it, I'll finish.

This is Bill Clinton's fault. Plain and simple. Americans enjoyed the lowest gas prices in history (inflation adjusted) from about the middle of his first term onward - why? Because he let the gas companies merge again.

There was a good reason why Standard Oil was broken up, and Clinton ignored this to further his political career. Now we're paying for it. And don't get me started on the false accounting mess that was created on his watch...

There's reverse logic for you. "We had record low gas prices under Clinton, so it must be his fault they're at record highs 5 years after he left office."

Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #99
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Actually - i blame all the previous administrations - and the people. Unfortunately, it's human nature to just move along and say everything's fine until the crap hits the fan - then they wonder why the politicians didn;t fix it beforehand. Why? Because people bitch about new refineries and how it will effect the Australian duck-billed turkey hawk and the politicians want to have a job. Then, gas prices get high and people bitch because there aren't enough refineries - you can't have it both ways.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #100
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Here in Tallahassee, things seem to vary by company. Most gas stations are in the $2.61-2.69 range, with a 76 at $2.59 and right across the street a Chevron at $2.74, the lowest and highest prices I've seen (not counting right off of I-10). At I-10, prices are a bit higher, but the Chevron there is at $3.09.

Clearly, the supply for each company is affecting each one differently. I suspect they'll all eventually creep up into the $3.00+ range, but right now, Chevron appears to have the lowest supply here.

Just found out the $2.59 station by my house is out of gas, so they haven't changed their signs. Looks like everyone will be over $3 by the end of today. Woo-hoo!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote