Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #51
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I am not arguing that you should not be embarassed to be a woman - all women should

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #52
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

He meant it in the nicest way possible.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #53
Samdari
Roster Filler

Oh - Mrs Sam does not know where this board is - she knows I frequent one, and that it is vaguely related to some football game she does not understand, but I am not stupid enough to give her an address.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #54
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I still can't believe he didn't take her to the carnival.

That's just the kind of heartless bastard I am. It was her fault, though. She shouldn't have been smooching around with this guy until AFTER I had taken her.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #55
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Oh - Mrs Sam does not know where this board is - she knows I frequent one, and that it is vaguely related to some football game she does not understand, but I am not stupid enough to give her an address.
You're missing the point. If your wife joins and frequents the board:

A. You don't have to ever worry about her "finding out" and being all pissed off at you about what you wrote.

B. You will probably get enough dirt on her to cancel out anything she could get on you.

C. (most importantly) You don't have to worry about slipping up and mentioning something you talked about on FOFC, but didn't want her to know about.

Overall, it's quite the liberating process

Last edited by Arles : 07-05-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:45 PM   #56
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
You're missing the point. If your wife joins and frequents the board:

A. You don't have to ever worry about her "finding out" and being all pissed off at you about what you wrote.

B. You will probably get enough dirt on her to cancel out anything she could get on you.

C. (most importantly) You don't have to worry about slipping up and mentioning something you talked about on FOFC, but didn't want her to know about.

Overall, it's quite the liberating process

Or at least that's what he's being told to say

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #57
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:

Arles is sleeping on the sofa tonight ... nana nana boo boo!!!

Last edited by SFL Cat : 07-05-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #58
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
Arles is sleeping on the sofa tonight ... nana nana boo boo!!!

He's just trying to be nice so I won't tell the story of when he dumped me and what a bastard he was when he did.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:50 PM   #59
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
He's just trying to be nice so I won't tell the story of when he dumped me and what a bastard he was when he did.

I for one would appreciate a female perspective on this topic, no offense Arles.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #60
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Or at least that's what he's being told to say

SI

I was just thinking - looks like Arles FOFC password was actually the intellectual property of .400.

Mrs Sam has actually lurked here - at least read one thread. Besides, I have never said anything here that I would not say in front of her.

I think.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #61
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
I for one would appreciate a female perspective on this topic, no offense Arles.
Ok the short version:

We had been dating for about two months. One day we were in his apartment making out. I could tell he wasn't really in to it so I asked him what was wrong, thinking he wasn't feeling well or something - he was always into making out.

He took a deap breath and went into this discussion of how while he liked me, I was a nice girl, I was cute blahblahblahblahblah I just didn't do it for him. I think his exact words were "There's just no spark". Completely out of the blue, he was usually octopus arms all over me. He wanted to be friends. I was crushed.

We remained friends and for the next two to three months I would listen to him talk about the chicks he was dating. How hot he thought they were blahblahblahblah. I was supportive, as a friend would be. In that time I hadn't dated anyone worth mentioning. Then I met someone I really liked, and introduced the two one night while Arlie was on his way to a party. At the party he got puking, fall down drunk. Arlie and a friend showed up at my apartment hours later talking about how they were going to beat the crap out of my new boyfriend if he was there when they showed up.

Then in his drunken haze, Arlie then went on to explain that there always was a spark, he just didn't want to piss off his parents by dating me. I think he passed out at my place, but I don't remember. I know his friend did but I just can't recall where Arlie slept that night.

About two more weeks of sober discussion, we ended up dating again.

yadda yadda yadda

I'm now knocked up. So I guess there was a spark at some point.

EDIT: I think his parents still aren't happy he married me. But now that I'm pregnant with the golden grandson, they're coming around.

Last edited by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn : 07-05-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #62
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Hey, I've never had a bad breakup in my life. I could call any girl I ever dated and the conversation wouldn't be awkward in the least.

Of course, before Farrah (and even including Farrah early on ), I often bailed pretty early in the process.

And it wasn't because of my parents, I just had some "commitment issues" in my early 20s (which goes to the earlier point as well).

Last edited by Arles : 07-05-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #63
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Mine: I was seeing this woman for a couple months. When I realized that there was no communication and all we did was get together for sex I called to break up with her. Before I could tell her what I had to say she told me she was pregnant. She then asked what I wanted to talk about... "Umm... nothing really."
Old 07-05-2005, 04:10 PM   #64
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Actually, knowing Farrah hates to be told she "can't have something", I figured the "no spark" line would get her even more motivated to stay with me. And, given we've been married for 5+ years, I'd say the theory worked
Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #65
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Actually, knowing Farrah hates to be told she "can't have something", I figured the "no spark" line would get her even more motivated to stay with me. And, given we've been married for 5+ years, I'd say the theory worked

Old 07-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #66
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Couch!!!
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:13 PM   #67
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Mine: I was seeing this woman for a couple months. When I realized that there was no communication and all we did was get together for sex I called to break up with her. Before I could tell her what I had to say she told me she was pregnant. She then asked what I wanted to talk about... "Umm... nothing really."

Please continue the story for the love!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #68
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

A friend of mine: His wife of two years walks in the door on his birthday. She tells him that she got married too early and missed out on having a life. She was sick of being a wife and mother. She was leaving and moving in with another guy who was a friend of his. She walked out on him, leaving him to raise a 2 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

Years later he says it was the best birthday present he ever received.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #69
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well, I already posted mine in Johnny's thread, but I wanted to add some more detail. I was broken up with by a girl and went through the despair/denial that is not all too uncommon. The thing I did to try and hold on to the relationship was I wrote and recorded a song for her and gave her the CD. Everything was original, the cover art, the music, etc. Looking back it was a pretty toolbaggish thing to do (along with the desperate flowers that I sent and all that other crap - but I actually sent all that stuff before she broke up with me, she just didnt get it until later) but it actually turned out quite well. In fact I think she was really touched by it but was too afraid at the time to continue the relationship. (A long history of back and forth, breaking up, all that jazz) Anyway, I think doing that actually helped me to get over her. When it was all said and done I knew that I had done everything in my power to save the relationship, it was simply out of my control. Plus it was more fuel on the fire when she actually did want to date again and *I* got to be the one to do the rejecting. Sucks we're not friends anymore though, because we could make each other laugh for hours on end.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:39 PM   #70
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

Two interconnected Stories:

I was a Sophomore in high school, a speech and drama geek. I had become friendly with one of my teammates (SD). SD and I had started calling each other at night to talk. I was unaware that SD was dating someone at the time, but it appears that I was a more tempting target. After one tournament, on the van ride home, SD reached over and started holding my hand. That sparked the relationship.

What I was not aware of for a few weeks is how messed up SD was mentally. She had a history of attention-getting habits, including faked suicide attempts (never anything that would seriously hurt her, but enough to get me worried...a scratch on the wrist, a phone call claiming to have taken pills, but suddenly becoming perfectly okay when I started to call for help, etc.) Her father was abusive, so I couldn't go to them. My parents tried to be supportive, but they saw the manipulations, and cautioned me about it. SD would break up with me twice a month, just to let me twist until she took me back.

About 15 months later, I was ready to be done with this. SD had revealed herself as a witch (Wiccan), and had really turned up the needy behavior. I was going to Pittsburgh, PA for a Carnegie Mellon University Pre-College Drama Conservatory for 8 weeks, and SD was seeing the writing on the wall, so she was trying to guilt me into staying with her, not going, etc.

I had planned not to give her my phone number, so that all communication would be by letter. I arrived at CMU and met a girl from Texas, BH. BH was in speech as well, and we hit it off as buddies quickly, especially when we found out that we would be in many of the same classes during the summer. Having a female friend reminded me of how stifling it was with SD, and I decided that I would break it off when I returned to AZ. The first Wednesday of the session, I get a phone call in my dorm room. SD had called the main office of the University, and gotten my number by pretending to be a relative with a family emergency. I said that I was ready to break up, she claimed to have a serious medical condition. I smelled bullshit, and said that at the very least, I wanted to put everything on hold until I got back. SD said that she had really been in love with a mutual friend, and that she didn't need me. She then had the mutual friend call me to berate me for breaking up. I told him that he could have her, and he was shocked, as he had never had any interest in her. It was a lie on her part. She also cursed me and my family with a nightmare spell.

I sent an official dear Jane letter a few days later, and spent the rest of the summer getting closer to BH. I was sad when BH went to visit her boyfriend who was staying in New Jersey, I was happy when we were together, and over the course of the summer, I felt sparks flaring up. Boyfriend took her for granted, and she realized that I was not a bad option.

By the end of the summer, we were a couple. She went back to Texas, I went back to AZ, and we started writing and calling (this was over 10 years ago, so e-mail and cell phones were not widespread). Three letters a week and a phone call was our average. BH came to AZ to spend New Years with me, and we planned for me to go to TX for her prom and graduation.

When I returned to AZ, I had collected everything that SD had given me over the course of our 15 months, and returned it to her. It finally hit her that this was over, and the rest of the speech season was very uncomfortable for all involved.

Over the course of the year, one BH's speech teammates (male) had escaped his abusive house and moved in as a foster child. When I visited her, their relationship made me uncomfortable. BH was not very passionate with me, what had been a blazing fire had cooled to a space heater. I wrote it off as jealousy, but I left TX very uneasy. When I got back to AZ, I wrote to BH and asked her about it. She wrote back that she had fallen in love with her teammate, and she was torn between us. I sent back a vicious letter that told her that she didn't need to choose.

This began a weird time where we both went to college, got e-mail, and started e-mailing civilly, until I would become jealous of something in her life, and would snap, then BH would snap back, and we would be silent for a few weeks, then one of us would hold out an olive branch, until the next blow-up.

In the Spring, BH came down with Mystenia Gravas (sp), which is a disorder similar to Multiple Schlerosis. She had to go back to TX, and we fell out of touch. I met the future Mrs. SpeechCoach at a college tournament, and the rest is history. BH and I still occasionally keep in touch. She is in remission, but has been through a divorce (not the former teammate).

SD let her bitterness build until she became a lesbian and she now lives with her dozen cats.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com

Last edited by AZSpeechCoach : 07-05-2005 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Clarification
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:44 PM   #71
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSpeechCoach
Two interconnected Stories:

I was a Sophomore in high school, a speech and drama geek. I had become friendly with one of my teammates (SD). SD and I had started calling each other at night to talk. I was unaware that SD was dating someone at the time, but it appears that I was a more tempting target. After one tournament, on the van ride home, SD reached over and started holding my hand. That sparked the relationship.

What I was not aware of for a few weeks is how messed up SD was mentally. She had a history of attention-getting habits, including faked suicide attempts (never anything that would seriously hurt her, but enough to get me worried...a scratch on the wrist, a phone call claiming to have taken pills, but suddenly becoming perfectly okay when I started to call for help, etc.) Her father was abusive, so I couldn't go to them. My parents tried to be supportive, but they saw the manipulations, and cautioned me about it. SD would break up with me twice a month, just to let me twist until she took me back.

About 15 months later, I was ready to be done with this. SD had revealed herself as a witch (Wiccan), and had really turned up the needy behavior. I was going to Pittsburgh, PA for a Carnegie Mellon University Pre-College Drama Conservatory for 8 weeks, and SD was seeing the writing on the wall, so she was trying to guilt me into staying with her, not going, etc.

I had planned not to give her my phone number, so that all communication would be by letter. I arrived at CMU and met a girl from Texas, BH. BH was in speech as well, and we hit it off as buddies quickly, especially when we found out that we would be in many of the same classes during the summer. Having a female friend reminded me of how stifling it was with SD, and I decided that I would break it off when I returned to AZ. The first Wednesday of the session, I get a phone call in my dorm room. SD had called the main office of the University, and gotten my number by pretending to be a relative with a family emergency. I said that I was ready to break up, she claimed to have a serious medical condition. I smelled bullshit, and said that at the very least, I wanted to put everything on hold until I got back. SD said that she had really been in love with a mutual friend, and that she didn't need me. She then had the mutual friend call me to berate me for breaking up. I told him that he could have her, and he was shocked, as he had never had any interest in her. It was a lie on her part. She also cursed me and my family with a nightmare spell.

I sent an official dear Jane letter a few days later, and spent the rest of the summer getting closer to BH. I was sad when BH went to visit her boyfriend who was staying in New Jersey, I was happy when we were together, and over the course of the summer, I felt sparks flaring up. Boyfriend took her for granted, and she realized that I was not a bad option.

By the end of the summer, we were a couple. She went back to Texas, I went back to AZ, and we started writing and calling (this was over 10 years ago, so e-mail and cell phones were not widespread). Three letters a week and a phone call was our average. BH came to AZ to spend New Years with me, and we planned for me to go to TX for her prom and graduation.

When I returned to AZ, I had collected everything that SD had given me over the course of our 15 months, and returned it to her. It finally hit her that this was over, and the rest of the speech season was very uncomfortable for all involved.

Over the course of the year, one BH's speech teammates (male) had escaped his abusive house and moved in as a foster child. When I visited her, their relationship made me uncomfortable. BH was not very passionate with me, what had been a blazing fire had cooled to a space heater. I wrote it off as jealousy, but I left TX very uneasy. When I got back to AZ, I wrote to BH and asked her about it. She wrote back that she had fallen in love with her teammate, and she was torn between us. I sent back a vicious letter that told her that she didn't need to choose.

This began a weird time where we both went to college, got e-mail, and started e-mailing civilly, until I would become jealous of something in her life, and would snap, then BH would snap back, and we would be silent for a few weeks, then one of us would hold out an olive branch, until the next blow-up.

In the Spring, BH came down with Mystenia Gravas (sp), which is a disorder similar to Multiple Schlerosis. She had to go back to TX, and we fell out of touch. I met the future Mrs. SpeechCoach at a college tournament, and the rest is history. BH and I still occasionally keep in touch. She is in remission, but has been through a divorce (not the former teammate).

SD let her bitterness build until she became a lesbian and she now lives with her dozen cats.

SkyDog?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:55 PM   #72
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
SkyDog?

No, he's more for a dozen purple penguins.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #73
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

A couple of months before I met Angela, I was starting to date this music major at Washington. Very interesting girl, but I was a lot older and more jaded. Anyhow, she had this incredibly irritating habit of sniffling a lot. At first, I thought it was just a long cold, and it would blow over, so to speak. But it didn't. I asked her about it, and she said she had no idea she was doing it. And we're talking Herculean Monster Sniffles here. Maybe even a snort or two.

It got to the point where the sniffles were just driving me insane. I'd break dates, I'd screen calls and avoid returning her messages. I would listen for every sniffle (yeah, yeah, I know, Front Office Kleenex Boxes), I became hypersensitive to them. Finally, after a couple of weeks of messages on my machine, I called back and left her a message breaking up with her. She called back and left me a 10-minute message telling me what a shallow jerk I was. She was entirely right, and didn't sniffle once during the entire message.

Last edited by Solecismic : 07-05-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #74
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld
A couple of months before I met Angela, I was starting to date this music major at Washington. Very interesting girl, but I was a lot older and more jaded. Anyhow, she had this incredibly irritating habit of sniffling a lot. At first, I thought it was just a long cold, and it would blow over, so to speak. But it didn't. I asked her about it, and she said she had no idea she was doing it. And we're talking Herculean Monster Sniffles here. Maybe even a snort or two.

It got to the point where the sniffles were just driving me insane. I'd break dates, I'd screen calls and avoid returning her messages. I would listen for every sniffle (yeah, yeah, I know, Front Office Kleenex Boxes), I became hypersensitive to them. Finally, after a couple of weeks of messages on my machine, I called back and left her a message breaking up with her. She called back and left me a 10-minute message telling me what a shallow jerk I was. She was entirely right, and didn't sniffle once during the entire message.

George: What about the pact?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #75
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Dangarion....you and I need to talk.

...lots of stuff...

Seriously, Dangarion - that is one story that sounded too close to home.

Yeah those stories are pretty close. I doubt it's the same girl she was born and raised in CA. She was crazy. Too bad for her.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #76
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic

And then you announced TCY 2?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #77
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs
I was once with a girl for a while and really didn't like her all that much. She was annoying as hell and I had to drink a whole bottle of whiskey just to be around her.

So one night she wanted to hang out and I didn't have enough money for whiskey because I had just ordered Domino's. She asked if I wanted to hang out and I said no. She asked me why and I told her I had a pizza on the way and not enough money to get drunk. That was that.

Man, that sounds like every relationship I've had for the last 3 years.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #78
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Yeah those stories are pretty close. I doubt it's the same girl she was born and raised in CA. She was crazy. Too bad for her.

I spoke to my wife about this and she was sure it had to be the same person. Alas, my nut job was from Philadelphia.

Now...really, when I mentioned to my wife about breakup stories she thought I would tell you all my "other" story. Let's just say it includes...late night answering messages with "You Oughta Know" sung to it's entirety, Illinois Division of Public Records, and uh...a picture that looks like a whale's eye.

That's all.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #79
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
Couch!!!

Don't know...this could be bordering on garage material.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:28 PM   #80
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
I had the exact same situation with a girl I dated in high school. Drove me to distraction, but I didn't break up with her over it...broke up with her after going away to college and meeting cooler girls.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #81
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

dola...

Here's a pretty bad recent break-up story as well, that probably trumps most of the others here.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #82
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSpeechCoach

Skydog has cats?

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:04 PM   #83
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
dola...

Here's a pretty bad recent break-up story as well, that probably trumps most of the others here.

Holy crap!!! He only got six years for doing that?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #84
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #85
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

I hate when that happens.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #86
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16

I'm surely going to hell because this one made me LMAO.

I'm sorry.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #87
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
I had the exact same situation with a girl I dated in high school. Drove me to distraction, but I didn't break up with her over it...broke up with her after going away to college and meeting cooler girls.
So ture, but nothing beats the bipolar clown that I dated a few years back, she really was a clown.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 AM   #88
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I left the board up on my monitor this morning, and the Mrs. saw I had posted in this breakup thread. So she checked into it, AND the JohnnyG's relationship thread.

I was a bit surprised when she mentioned it over dinner...Picture an awkward silence, as I try and remember what I had typed. It doesn't bother me at all that she found the posts, I'm just basically happy she didn't get pissed about me telling you guys things I'm pretty sure I'd never told her about the last days of that Other marriage.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 07-06-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:35 AM   #89
bob
College Starter

Wow, reading through all of these, sounds like I got off easy. Despite being pissed off about what happened, especially since she said she knew she didn't want to be married for months before the wedding (info that would have been useful at the time), she didn't take all my stuff, run up my credit cards, or steal my dog. In fact, she took her clothing and personal stuff, and I kept my stuff, the house, the furniture, the engagement ring, etc.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:39 AM   #90
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Wow, is this the first documented case of breakup sex being the first time for a particular couple?

I would say when you combine it with the first time period for 1/2 the couple, its quite possible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #91
Radii
Head Coach

As a young, stupid, naive(and did I mention stupid?) 20 year old college student I fell for someone over the internet. I was dropping out of college anyway, but isntead of taking a great job I'd been offered in Atlanta, I decided to move to West Virginia to be with what I knew was the love of my life. We had met a few times and I could have already seen all the signs that she was totally nutso, but I was young and stupid and ignored them.

So I live in West Virginia with this girl for 3 months. In month 1 she cheated on me with her MANAGER AT BURGER KING(man, what a low point). In month 2 she tried to kill herself b/c I was talking about leaving. In month 3, after i had decided I was leaving(but couldn't immediately b/c I was a stupid, naive 20 year old without a car), we had breakup sex a couple of times, and she informed me that she stopped taking the pill b/c if she got pregnant I couldn't leave.

After leaving(and taking the job that was still available to me in Atlanta, thank god... without that god knows where I'd be now)... she downed a bottle of some prescription that I left up there by accident while packing, her dad(who was nuts in his own right) blamed me for trying to kill her. After that, they started telling me that I owed them thousands of dollars for living expenses and things that happened while I was up there(the girl told me that her dad was willing to pay all of our utilities while we got on our feet, we were only responsible for rent... he'd been paying her way anyway before I got there. The girl then told her dad i'd pay him back, nicely manipulating both of us)

When I refused to pay them thousands of dollars, her dad sent me an e-mail saying that "I was violent, if I don't pay, they'll tell the police that I raped her." Now 21, still pretty naive, this threw me a bit. It took a couple of days of consulting the free legal services at Ga Tech(as far as they knew I was still a student) and then calling up a few legal services in West Virginia to feel confidant that this was extortion. I sent them a check for like $40(for something I promised to pay for during an argument, I felt like I had to hold up my end on that) out of the $1500+ they were asking for, blocked all e-mails, and never heard from them again.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #92
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
In month 1 she cheated on me with her MANAGER AT BURGER KING(man, what a low point).

I take offense to that, Radii. I was once a manager at BK and I, of course, am pretty hot stuff.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #93
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I take offense to that, Radii. I was once a manager at BK and I, of course, am pretty hot stuff.

There's a "Whopper" line to be said here, but I'm not going to do it.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #94
JeeberD
General Manager

Oh, so the wife told you, eh Cam?

Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #95
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

yeah, she said you were the kiddie meal type, but that you didn't even come with a good toy.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 AM   #96
JeeberD
General Manager

Ouch.

I should know better than to try to verbally spar with someone who runs their mouth for a living...

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-06-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #97
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
yeah, she said you were the kiddie meal type, but that you didn't even come with a good toy.

Funny - I recall having the same conversation with her about you.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:32 AM   #98
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Zing!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #99
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

The scary part is we know that women don't really have these conversations with men, so when men say these things we know they are jokes. But we all suspect that women do have these conversations with other women, so this is potentially true....
Old 07-06-2005, 10:52 AM   #100
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
The scary part is we know that women don't really have these conversations with men, so when men say these things we know they are jokes. But we all suspect that women do have these conversations with other women, so this is potentially true....

Especially given the history between Cam and Farrah:

05-11-2005, 05:20 PM #63
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Ooooo!! If you wait until Memorial Day weekend, I'll be there too. What a fun party that will be.

does this mean we get to see your boobs, or you get to see my wife's?

either way, I'm up for it.

05-11-2005, 05:27 PM #65
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
.400 Software Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
does this mean we get to see your boobs, or you get to see my wife's?

either way, I'm up for it.

I had planned on bringing chocolate truffles as a hostess gift. Figured that would be just as good.

Apparently there have been some, um, "conversations" between the two couples before...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote