Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
Totally disagree with everything you just said and would go so far as to say that thinking you have that many friends that can sing better than the AI contestants is probably why the auditions are packed full of humiliations (really just kidding about that, but not totally - don't take it personally, it's really just a joke).
That depends on who your friends are, though.

I am quite certain that Bebo Norman, Ed Cash, Allen Levi, Jon Black, Ryan Long and Matthew Terrell, among others,l can all sing circles around that chick I heard on the radio this morning, but I realize that I'm a little spoiled. Bebo, Allen and Ed in particular have voices that are just absolutely angelic.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #52
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I still see the name around - I think they even play here. Pretty surprising.

They're from the Dallas area and still do a lot of shows around here. I've never seen then myself, though. I'm actually kinda surprised that they make it out to Florida...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #53
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm in a college town, so maybe they make a Southeastern run every few months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:40 PM   #54
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Why don't they require them to play an instrument as well? It'd make the contest much more interesting...

thats why I like Nashville star better. the contestants all play an instrument, and have to write and perform original songs.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #55
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Last night's performance didn't get her into the final. It was the final. IMHO, I thought she was great on that song and her third song. I think many of the problems, which were small, can be attributed to nerves. Carrie's voice cracked on her last song, but you could tell it was more emotional than bad singing.

The Idols have went from singing in front of 3 people to 3,000 people. Through most of the season they sing in a much smaller venue. The final is held at Kodak Theatre and for both of them, it is probably their biggest crowd ever.

Between Carrie and Bo, Carrie is probably the easiest to market. However in the two previous seasons (not season one) you had Clay v Ruben. Clay was easier to market, but Ruben won. Clay has had more success. In season three, you had Diana and Fantasia. Diana was probably easier to market, but Fantasia won. I've seen more of Diana than Fantasia.

While I want Carrie to win (just as I wanted Clay and Diana) I think Bo will end up winning. However, unlike with Ruben or Fantasia, I think he will have better success.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:18 PM   #56
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqFu
In season three, you had Diana and Fantasia. Diana was probably easier to market, but Fantasia won. I've seen more of Diana than Fantasia.

That's because there was more of her to see. Although judging from her appearance on AI this year, Fantasia's ass is going for the gold.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #57
Daimyo
College Starter

Diana was pretty terrible... I can't imagine she would have made it far this season.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote