Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #51
Bomber
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
You seriously don't think Martell Webster is a 1st rounder?

He will be, but I wouldn't pick him. He's got a nice jump shot and that's about it.

Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #52
Bomber
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Green doesnt have the stature of Kobe or Lebron or McGrady did a similar points in their career. Maybe a better version of JR Smith(who I'm not knocking, just someone who isnt great yet).

What do you mean by stature? Green is 6'8". He reminds me of T-Mac out of high school, but is already a better shooter. I'm not going to say he'll be the next McGrady, but I'd definitely gamble on him if I got the chance.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #53
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
He will be, but I wouldn't pick him. He's got a nice jump shot and that's about it.

You mean like how Reggie Miller has a nice jump shot and that's about it?

I'm not saying Webster is Reggie Miller - he's not - but you're both downplaying his other positives and under rating how important a deadly shooter is. He's physically ready for the NBA, he's got a great motor, he rebounds very well and he's a solid kid, plus he's a hell of a shooter. If you seriously think there are at least 30 better prospects in this draft, you're delusional.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #54
Bomber
High School Varsity

Quote:
You mean like how Reggie Miller has a nice jump shot and that's about it?

I'm not saying Webster is Reggie Miller - he's not - but you're both downplaying his other positives and under rating how important a deadly shooter is. He's physically ready for the NBA, he's got a great motor, he rebounds very well and he's a solid kid, plus he's a hell of a shooter. If you seriously think there are at least 30 better prospects in this draft, you're delusional.

I see him as a less athletic JR Smith. He'll obviously go in the first round, but I wouldn't want to take a chance on him.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #55
Pacersfan46
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Not. Even.Close.

Bogut is seven feet. Williams 6'9". Their real weight (what really matters when talking NBA size) difference is probably 60 lbs, regardless of what is listed. Bogut is unquestionable a pro center (a very rare commodity these days) while some are looking at Williams as a shooting guard - the easiest position to find.

http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

Bogut - 7 foot, 242 lbs

Williams - 6'9, 230 lbs

60 lbs difference? I know you put "regardless of what's listed", but what prompts you to add 50 lbs to Bogut? I don't get it.

Last edited by Pacersfan46 : 05-25-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Pacersfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #56
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I see him as a less athletic JR Smith.

You mean J.R. Smith, but with a much better shot and better rebounding.

Quote:
He'll obviously go in the first round, but I wouldn't want to take a chance on him.

You'd be wrong then.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #57
st.cronin
General Manager

Bogut reminds me of Sabonis, the one who played in the NBA. He was a good player, but not remotely a star. It's not a good draft to have the #1 pick, imo. If I ran the Bucks I'd try to trade down to get Paul, who I think is the best player in the draft, but then I haven't played basketball in like 10 years, so what the hell do I know.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:25 PM   #58
DeToxRox
Head Coach

It's the NBA draft, guys.

If recent trends hold, only about 5 of the first rounders will do anything.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #59
Bomber
High School Varsity

Quote:
You mean J.R. Smith, but with a much better shot and better rebounding.

You'd be wrong then.

I'm not going to argue with a guy who is obviously biased, but Webster is blessed by having a nice jump shot and decent size in an extremely weak HS class. He wouldn't even have gotten a first round look last year.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #60
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with a guy who is obviously biased, but Webster is blessed by having a nice jump shot and decent size in an extremely weak HS class. He wouldn't even have gotten a first round look last year.

I have a bias, yes. I've also seen him play. And your opinion is out of step with every professional evaluation I've seen so far, with most placing Webster as the 2nd best H.S. player behind Green and about the 3rd best SG prospect in the draft, as well as being the most polished and NBA-ready H.S. prospect.

5 years down the road we'll see who was right...