Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #51
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Beatles' Yellow Submarine when it first came out. It went with the cartoon.

Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #52
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Peter Gabriel's "So". I loved Sledgehammer, and I was going to buy the single, but my mom said for the money, go for the entire album...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #53
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Peter Gabriel's "So". I loved Sledgehammer, and I was going to buy the single, but my mom said for the money, go for the entire album...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
My first CD was Peter Gabriel's So. I'm having trouble remembering the first record or tape that I bought... I know I poached a lot of 8-tracks from my dad, who was a lazy Columbia House subscriber back in the day. I think the first records I bought for myself were from the "As Seen On TV" stripe -- for some reason I think one was called "Music Machine" and had Robby the Robot or some facsimile thereof on the cover. Great stuff - sort of "big hits from about a year ago" material.

Hmmm...Separated at birth?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #54
Suicane75
Coordinator

Record- Culture Club "Colour By Numbers" and Duran Duran "Seven And The Ragged Tiger" , purchased on the same day.

Tape- Bryan Adams, not sure what the name was.

CD- I think it was David Ball "Thinkin Problem", either that or a Diamond Rio CD
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #55
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Hmmm...Separated at birth?
Oddly enough, if you play Peter Gabriel's "So" backwards you can hear a voice saying "Play the football sim like a spreadsheet... and they will know you as quick s-[garbled]"
Old 02-03-2005, 10:30 PM   #56
Radii
Head Coach

Billy Joel - An Innocent Man (I am 99% sure that was the name of the album... but that was a logn time ago). Bought it on TAPE. After that I bought some vinyl albums, weird al and huey lewis and the news. God I was weird.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #57
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man (I am 99% sure that was the name of the album... but that was a logn time ago). Bought it on TAPE. After that I bought some vinyl albums, weird al and huey lewis and the news. God I was weird.

Was?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #58
Craptacular
College Starter

Listened to 8-tracks, but don't know if I ever bought one.

I owned one vinyl record, but that was a trade with my brother (I got Def Leppard - Pyromania).

Had lots of tapes, but don't remember the first one I bought (very well may have been a Weird Al album).

First CD I bought was Extreme's "III Sides to Every Story".
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:46 AM   #59
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

My first tapes ( I bought 2 at the same time), probably back in 1981.

ACDC - Back in Black
The Police - Outlandos d'amour

I have so many CDs now that I no idea what my first one was...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #60
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

My first LP

Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 AM   #61
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

First tape : The Cure - Standing on the beach

First CD : Pantera - Vulgar display of power
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:32 AM   #62
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Oddly enough, if you play Peter Gabriel's "So" backwards you can hear a voice saying "Play the football sim like a spreadsheet... and they will know you as quick s-[garbled]"

Mine says, "Turn me on Quiksand, turn me on Quiksand," over and over.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #63
moriarty
College Starter

First record: Kenny Rogers the Gambler (or the one w/ the Gambler on it) and the Village People - Macho Man.

First CD: Judas Priest Live

God, I've come a long way.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #64
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

First record: Quiet Riot's Mental Health (2nd was the hair metal band Giuffria... anybody remember them?)

First tape: I truly can't remember. Bobby Brown or Tiffany or something like that.

First CD: Def Leppard's Hysteria (2nd was something by the Michael Schenker Group)
Old 02-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #65
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
First record: Quiet Riot's Mental Health (2nd was the hair metal band Giuffria... anybody remember them?)

First tape: I truly can't remember. Bobby Brown or Tiffany or something like that.

First CD: Def Leppard's Hysteria (2nd was something by the Michael Schenker Group)

Gregg Giuffria was one of my inspirations growing up. I figured as a pianist who liked heavy metal, aspiring to be him was about as cool as I could get on a keyboard.

I think he's a music exec now (or at least tried to be at one time), but he was in the 70's band Angel, then in Giuffria, then House of Lords. I had all of their albums/tapes, although now, I only have the two Giuffria albums on MP3 (I d/l them when they were unavailable, but I think I read somewhere they've been re-released in the past year or so now that everything from the 80's has been recycled).

Funny you should mention them...a guy whose music blog I read daily posted this yesterday:

NP: The Best Of Gregg Giuffria

Yet another personal mix...I've been grabbing these tunes from Giuffria and House Of Lords to throw random tunes to my Dell DJ. Of the five discs I grabbed from, I thought they were all about equal: 2-3 killer tunes and a bunch of soulless filler. Singers David Glenn Eisley and James Christian both have voices made for the kinds of tunes they sing (one AOR and the other more harder fare).

Here's the tracklisting before anyone asks: Do Me Right, Call To The Heart, Chains Of Love, I Wanna Be Loved, Love You Forever, Can't Find My Way Home, I Must Be Dreaming, What's Forever For, Girl, Lonely In Love, Love Don't Lie, Inside You, Remember My Name, Can't Fight Love, Jealous Heart

Wow, they used the word love a lot in their song titles.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:35 AM   #66
Ramzavail
College Starter

Bad Religion 80-85
Nirvana Bleach

In 1990, I was 10, got them both in the same trip. I still have them today and they work.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #67
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

LP - Pink Floyd's "Animals"
--- I was 6, and bought it at a garage sale. I actually did listen to it and like "Pigs", "Dogs", and "Sheep" to this day. Unlike most people, I think 'The Wall' is the least interesting album.

45 - bought 3 at the same time: "Venus" - Bananarama, "Press to Play" - Paul McCartney, and "Paranoimia" - Art of Noise/Max Headroom.

Tape - "Poolside" by Nu Shooz

CD - "Substance" by New Order
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #68
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Gregg Giuffria was one of my inspirations growing up. I figured as a pianist who liked heavy metal, aspiring to be him was about as cool as I could get on a keyboard.

I think he's a music exec now (or at least tried to be at one time), but he was in the 70's band Angel, then in Giuffria, then House of Lords. I had all of their albums/tapes, although now, I only have the two Giuffria albums on MP3 (I d/l them when they were unavailable, but I think I read somewhere they've been re-released in the past year or so now that everything from the 80's has been recycled).

Funny you should mention them...a guy whose music blog I read daily posted this yesterday:

NP: The Best Of Gregg Giuffria

Yet another personal mix...I've been grabbing these tunes from Giuffria and House Of Lords to throw random tunes to my Dell DJ. Of the five discs I grabbed from, I thought they were all about equal: 2-3 killer tunes and a bunch of soulless filler. Singers David Glenn Eisley and James Christian both have voices made for the kinds of tunes they sing (one AOR and the other more harder fare).

Here's the tracklisting before anyone asks: Do Me Right, Call To The Heart, Chains Of Love, I Wanna Be Loved, Love You Forever, Can't Find My Way Home, I Must Be Dreaming, What's Forever For, Girl, Lonely In Love, Love Don't Lie, Inside You, Remember My Name, Can't Fight Love, Jealous Heart

Wow, they used the word love a lot in their song titles.

Yep, bought the album because of "Call to the Heart". Looking back... it wasn't so great.

Glad that someone else remembers that band, however. You're the first.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #69
Kodos
Resident Alien

I remember Call To The Heart by Guiffria as well. But then I was a big pop-metal fan.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #70
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
My first CD was definitely Appetite For Destruction (Guns and Roses).

That was my first CD purchase as well.
The first LP was Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry"
Old 02-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #71
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

Exile On Main Street by the Rolling Stones
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote